Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,397 members, 7,815,867 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:46 PM

How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? (34542 Views)

Calling Uzodinma ‘Supreme Court Governor’ Is Derogatory – Imo Elders Warn / Buhari Nominates Emefiele For Second Term As CBN Governor / Nigeria Youth Forum Gives Buhari 7 Days To Apologize Over Derogatory Comment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by 0monnak0da: 8:38pm On Mar 16, 2018
[quote author=igbodefender post=65898342]

How come Olukumi in Anaocha (Igbo Land) can clearly understand what Lucumi in Cuba is saying, but you cannot?

This is a factual claim can you prove this

have you got evdence that Olukumi can CLEAARLY UNDERSTAND

Your claim that Aniocha is Igboland is a red herriing. First that is debatable but clearly Cuba is neither Igbo or Yoruba Land so the identity of the land has no relevance

Olukumi is simpply a dialect for of my friend Oluku mi just like aboki

Now if a people are known as Olukumi it is an external ascription just like Omo nna Aboki Wawa Mmongo etc someties these things stick and the subject adopts them as identity other times not so.

But Oluku mi is still around in several Yoruba dialects it is a Yoruba phrase meaning my friend
and is related to another Yoruba word Kaluku or Olukuluku onikaluku i.e each person

The use of dialectic variants to identify a subset of people is very common I already gave the Wawa example

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by Olu317(m): 8:38pm On Mar 16, 2018
Yyeske:
Lol, no problem as I don clip your wings today, Igbo means people in the language.

Igboeze in Enugu state means the people are the kings or the people and their king. Close to Ohaneze in meaning.

Igboukwu in Anambra means great people. We have Oraukwu and Obodoukwu, same meaning.

Igbouzo(Igbuzo or current spelling Ibusa)in Delta means the people first.

Obigbo(Oyibgo)in Rivers means the people's hearth(the Igbo hearth is sort of different from the oyibo type).

Names like Igbo, Igbokwe, Igboanugo etc all have something to do with people.

Now give me the meaning of Yoruba in Yoruba language
This is absolute false. Igbo has no known meaning in Eastern part. It is only used either as prefix or suffix.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by Nonaira1: 8:38pm On Mar 16, 2018
Thetruthsayer10:
there is no ethnic group called Sudan. Sudan is a country like Nigeria with many ethnic group. The question is what is ijebu ethnic group when they were in sudan

The stupidest thing I've read on here. Always contradicting himself. Have SHAME!!

You desperately attaching by force to olukumi due to there migration pattern despite the community in question don't claim y'all. None of the well known people from the community have never claimed y'all and still don't till this very day.

Now you changing the story because it does not support your own desperate attache by force when it us regarding a community in your region. Since Ijebu said they migrated from sudan, based on your logic, they are sudanese according to your own stupidity.

Now back to my question. Post one olukumi king attending an event for yoruba. I'm still waiting

2 Likes

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by Nobody: 8:39pm On Mar 16, 2018
Firstpage:

In Yoruba history, It is believed we migrated from the middle east. Some of our people are found in Sudan up till this moment with our traditional Yoruba tribal marks. But we are Yoruba now.

You on the other hand is claiming a people migrated from Yorubaland and become Igbo.

Are you daft?
no mind that fool a Yoruba person migrated from Yoruba land settled in a place close to ibo and he became ibo osu logic
Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by zeuchineesnacks: 8:40pm On Mar 16, 2018
rlauncher:

Why don't you people just mind your own business. We don't care what you people think about us. Proud to be Yoruba. Proud to be Nigerian.

Still hurting from the loss of 2015 election! Go to Yaba left for examination.
and how has ur life been so far? How are u being treated so far. Ignorant, hateful and wicked tribe. Scornful lots! Ur decision is biting u everyday in the ars, u are too ashamed to admit. See ur people wailing up and down(wole soyinka, obj, dele momodu etc) falae kidnapped. U people are a joke grin
Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by rlauncher(m): 8:41pm On Mar 16, 2018
Nonaira1:

Go and tell that to my sister's husband and the rest of his family and towns people who are olukumnis.

Go and tell that to zeal onyecheme, Rita odika, etc
All of whom no dey claim una

Desperate attache by force
Have shame!!!

Most Olukumis don't know their history. Their elders should do something about it. I have met elderly people from the delta region who told me they are actually Yoruba while the younger people from the same place are denying it altogether..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by Nobody: 8:42pm On Mar 16, 2018
[quote author=0monnak0da post=65898920][/quote]
You are wrong. If you can afford $10 go buy the book whose kindle link we posted and put yourself out of your misery. smiley
Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by Nonaira1: 8:42pm On Mar 16, 2018
Firstpage:

In Yoruba history, It is believed we migrated from the middle east. Some of our people are found in Sudan up till this moment with our traditional Yoruba tribal marks. But we are Yoruba now.

You on the other hand is claiming a people migrated from Yorubaland and become Igbo.

Are you daft?

Name the yoruba tribe found in Sudan.

Yes they migrated from yorubaland and become igbo as none of them are claiming yoruba. In fact th only connection they have to una aka the olukumi is a dying language in their community. The yoruba are the ones desperate to claim them just like very likely a motherfucking yoruba claiming igala from olukumi founded Asaba. Just like one of y'all mentioned Agbor as yoruba speakers. Desperate to be wtf una are not

1 Like

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by Nobody: 8:44pm On Mar 16, 2018
Nonaira1:

The stupidest thing I've read on here. Always contradicting himself. Have SHAME!!

You desperately attaching by force to olukumi due to there migration pattern despite the community in question don't claim y'all. None of the well known people from the community have never claimed y'all and still don't till this very day.

Now you changing the story because it does not support your own desperate attache by force when it us regarding a community in your region. Since Ijebu said they migrated from sudan, based on your logic, they are sudanese according to your own stupidity.

Now back to my question. Post one olukumi king attending an event for yoruba. I'm still waiting
Sudan is the same as Nigeria a diverse country nothing contradicting there do u even know wat “contradicts” means or u just learn the word let me help u Igbo are ethnic group in Nigeria and are also Nigerians that’s their nationality and they are different people from Hausa if the ijebu are Sudanese were they known as ijebu there or did they go by another name
Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by Nonaira1: 8:44pm On Mar 16, 2018
rlauncher:

Most Olukumis don't know their history. Their elders should do something about it. I have met elderly people from the delta region who told me they are actually Yoruba while the younger people from the same place are denying it altogether..

They know their history. Have you even ever stepped for in any olukumi town. I even learned olukumi history directly from my sis's husband fam's month. They just choose not to claim y'all.

Ndooo if it pains una so much

1 Like

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by 0monnak0da: 8:45pm On Mar 16, 2018
Firstpage:

Are you daft?

No wid did not Migrate from any where life started in Ife .
Oduduwa arrived in Ife 1000 years ago and migrated from SOMEWHERE EAST .

It is very unlikey to be Midldle east and is more likely somewhere in Nigeria whether Borno or Edo who knows.
yes there is a middle east theory but there is clear archaelogical evidence that we have been there for THOUSANDS of years
There was an aboriginal people and much later came the Oduduwa dynasty from somewhere and as a result it is likely some aborigines were dispersed e.g Itsekiri and others

All this Middle East nonsense is influenced by the Bible Quran

Life started in African and man migrated out not in

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by PVision2020(m): 8:47pm On Mar 16, 2018
igbodefender:

How come Olukumi in Anaocha (Igbo Land) can clearly understand what Lucumi in Cuba is saying, but you cannot? Because Lucumi is the language of the Igbo aborigines of Ile Ife. They have settled in different areas of Yoruba and Igbo Lands today (Owu, Ugbo, Ugbodu),etc.

Use your brain. It is not there for decoration.
Igbo aborigines of Ile ife? O boy stop making a fool of yourself online.
I think igbo historical scholars need to come to consensus about Igbo ancestral history, even if it's a fairytale. You can't afford to bequeath this confusion and foolishness to your next generation.
Only Igbo originated from Eri, Bantu, Israel and now Ile Ife. walahi una mater tire Mattias

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by Nobody: 8:47pm On Mar 16, 2018
Nonaira1:

Name the yoruba tribe found in Sudan.

Yes they migrated from yorubaland and become igbo as none of them are claiming yoruba. In fact th only connection they have to una aka the olukumi is a dying language in their community. The yoruba are the ones desperate to claim them just like very likely a motherfucking yoruba claiming igala from olukumi founded Asaba. Just like one of y'all mentioned Agbor as yoruba speakers. Desperate to be wtf una are not
where have the olukumi claim they are ibo they always claim olukumi coz that’s what they are known as even before the left Yoruba land. U wish the language will die so u can claim them it will not work they still bear Yoruba name eg their king ayo

3 Likes

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by Nobody: 8:49pm On Mar 16, 2018
Nonaira1:

They know their history. Have you even ever stepped for in any olukumi town. I even learned olukumi history directly from my sis's husband fam's month. They just choose not to claim y'all.

Ndooo if it pains una so much
how are we sure u get this in law u refer to post her pix and name and let’s ask her the question we can’t trust osu on this forum

2 Likes

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by Strikethem: 8:50pm On Mar 16, 2018
Yyeske:
I won't leave you today till you tell me the meaning of Yoruba in Yoruba language.
And some names of people and places with Yoruba prefix or suffix
Tell me the meaning of igbo in igbo language. We all know is bush here.

2 Likes

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by Nobody: 8:50pm On Mar 16, 2018
zeuchineesnacks:
and how has ur life been so far? How are u being treated so far. Ignorant, hateful and wicked tribe. Scornful lots! Ur decision is biting u everyday in the ars, u are too ashamed to admit. See ur people wailing up and down(wole soyinka, obj, dele momodu etc) falae kidnapped. U people are a joke grin
lol stop crying no tribe is hateful than ibo

3 Likes

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by rlauncher(m): 8:52pm On Mar 16, 2018
igbodefender:
The Lucumi are Igbo with their homeland deep in Igbo Land. Sorry kid, but that's the way the cookie crumbles.

Olodo!

Ugbodu actually means Igbodumila a Yoruba word meaning "preserved in the forest".Are you now saying the numerous Igbos living in Lagos who have assimilated into Yoruba culture and do not speak Igbo are no more Igbos. They are now Yoruba abi, because they speak Yoruba and not Igbo. angry

Where did you keep your brain before joining this discussion. angry

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by zeuchineesnacks: 8:55pm On Mar 16, 2018
BlakKluKluxKlan:

You are talking to people of a cursed race, first class propagandists.
which curse is greater than betraying, taking everything and stealing from a people in order to stay ahead and be better in life but a couple off years they turn out wealthier, more educated, stronger and more good looking than you and u being a shadow off urself leaving in past stolen glory. U are the true definition of a cursed tribe.
Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by Nobody: 8:55pm On Mar 16, 2018
rlauncher:

Olodo!

Ugbodu actually means Igbodumila a Yoruba word meaning "preserved in the forest".Are you now saying the numerous Igbos living in Lagos who have assimilated into Yoruba culture and do not speak Igbo are no more Igbos. They are now Yoruba abi, because they speak Yoruba and not Igbo. angry

ask him wat olukumi means in ibo

2 Likes

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by Nobody: 8:56pm On Mar 16, 2018
zeuchineesnacks:
which curse is greater than betraying, taking everything and stealing from a people in order to stay ahead and be better in life but a couple off years they turn out wealthier, more educated, stronger and more good looking than you and u being a shadow off urself leaving in past stolen glory. U are the true definition of a cursed tribe.
u are not more educated nor wealthier no tribe is more good looking than Yoruba men in Nigeria and our girls are not mate of urs

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by rlauncher(m): 8:57pm On Mar 16, 2018
Thetruthsayer10:
where have the olukumi claim they are ibo they always claim olukumi coz that’s what they are known as even before the left Yoruba land. U wish the language will die so u can claim them it will not work they still bear Yoruba name eg their king ayo

Ayo=Joy in Yoruba language grin

3 Likes

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by Nobody: 8:58pm On Mar 16, 2018
rlauncher:

Olodo!

Mumu.

The Moremi saga occurred long before the nation state system came into being. Get this into your slow beanseed. The Lucumi are Igbos, and there's no amount of lies from you that can change that fact

1 Like

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by zeuchineesnacks: 8:58pm On Mar 16, 2018
Thetruthsayer10:
lol stop crying no tribe is hateful than ibo
mpeeeeeeeeee. grin tongue tongue
Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by rlauncher(m): 9:02pm On Mar 16, 2018
Thetruthsayer10:

Olukumi means The Lord has blessed me in Yoruba. It can also be interpreted to mean The Lord has increased me. It is a blessed name.

Please, what does Olukumi means in Igbo.
Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by Nobody: 9:02pm On Mar 16, 2018
Thetruthsayer10:

Olukwumi is a short form for the phrase " Nya na o lukwu mu". Pay an Igbo around you to tell you the meaning.

To know its historical context, go buy the book "History Of The Igbo World" on Amazon. Now clear off!

1 Like

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by Nonaira1: 9:03pm On Mar 16, 2018
Thetruthsayer10:
how are we sure u get this in law u refer to post her pix and name and let’s ask her the question we can’t trust osu on this forum

So I should post in my law-ins contact on NL for you to duaturb HIM. Pay attention to wtf you read. I have said repeatedly it's my sister's HUSBAND.

Anyway, here's a post made by Ugbodu insulting their king after the NL post made wave.

In addition, pay attention when osita mentioned ugbodu speaks yoruba, the reply of an Ugbodu person in proudly anioma, proudly igbo stated tongue emphasis she's a member of PROUDLY ANIOMA, PROUDLY IGBO

Finally, I'm still waiting on the yoruba events attended by olukumi kings. Waiting!!

2 Likes

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by rlauncher(m): 9:04pm On Mar 16, 2018
igbodefender:

Mumu.

The Moremi saga occurred long before the nation state system came into being. Get this into your slow beanseed. The Lucumi are Igbos, and there's no amount of lies from you that can change that fact

Would recommend Yaba left for you to have your brain examined grin

1 Like

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by 0monnak0da: 9:05pm On Mar 16, 2018
igbodefender:

You are wrong. If you can afford $10 go buy the book whose kindle link we posted and put yourself out of your misery. smiley

No I cannot afford $10 I am not Ibo

1 Like

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by zeuchineesnacks: 9:05pm On Mar 16, 2018
Thetruthsayer10:
u are not more educated nor wealthier no tribe is more good looking than Yoruba men in Nigeria and our girls are not mate of urs
hahahahaaaaaaaha. Even u sef no believe wetin u just talk now. Una wor wor no get part 2. U guys use ugly balance equation. Indeed the burnt faces of fallen demons. U remember the viral trend abt igbo girls vs ur smelling bleached babes a couple of months back? Need I say more?
Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by Nobody: 9:06pm On Mar 16, 2018
0monnak0da:

No I cannot afford $10 I am not Ibo
Ndo.
Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by Nobody: 9:09pm On Mar 16, 2018
rlauncher:

Would recommend Yaba left for you to have your brain examined grin
I recommend you donate your brain for medical research on the causes and effects of mumuism on the human brain. Your mumu no be for here. cry

1 Like

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by 0monnak0da: 9:10pm On Mar 16, 2018
igbodefender:
Ndo.

That must be why only Ibos are aware of this profound secret

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (20) (Reply)

Governor Umahi, His Wife & Daughter Kneel Down To Pray At A Project Site (Photo) / This Gallant Soldier Has Been Killed By Boko Haram In Sambisa Forest(photos) / Obasanjo Flies Economy Class At Lagos Airport, Surprises Airline Passengers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.