Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,455 members, 7,816,050 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? (34556 Views)

Calling Uzodinma ‘Supreme Court Governor’ Is Derogatory – Imo Elders Warn / Buhari Nominates Emefiele For Second Term As CBN Governor / Nigeria Youth Forum Gives Buhari 7 Days To Apologize Over Derogatory Comment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by Nonaira1: 8:09pm On Mar 16, 2018
Thetruthsayer10:
but did they claim ibo they adopt ibo name doesn’t make them ibo they are olukunmi and they migrated from Yoruba land so what does that make them ibo or Yoruba stop attaching by force they are different people from ibo

Nah
Zeal onyecheme, an olukumi, was claiming chinese

Rita odika, an olukumi, was claiming chinese

Dr. Anyacheme, an olukumi, was claiming chinese

Helen, an olukumi, was claiming Chinese

Nduka Ugbade, an olukumi, was claiming chinese

Afam Nkemdiche, an olukumi, was claiming chinese

Biko don't mind those chinese people not calling themselves yoruba. Don't mind them abeg

2 Likes

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by Nobody: 8:11pm On Mar 16, 2018
igbodefender:
You just a professor of lies. This generation of Igbos have the internet, so denying them textbooks on historical research won't work.
post the textbook of research u have that shows the Igbo people in ife are the modern day ibo in the east
Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by 0monnak0da: 8:12pm On Mar 16, 2018
Thetruthsayer10:
no u are the one who is not bright lucumi are in the America Cuba why olukumi are in delta state it’s not oral but fact.

The propnlem with these pseudo intellectuals like Afam4eva is fourfold

They don't know

They don't know they don't know

They Think they know

They have no one to telll them or those who should tell them encourage them in their folly

1 Like

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by Nobody: 8:13pm On Mar 16, 2018
Nonaira1:

Nah

Biko don't mind those chinese people not calling themselves yoruba. Don't mind them abeg
what of ayo their king claiming ibo Prince Adebowale claiming ibo wat of chief gb Nkemnacho who tells olukumi history himself. http://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/the-history-of-the-olukumi-people-in-nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by Nobody: 8:14pm On Mar 16, 2018
Nonaira1:

Nah

they adopted ibo name due to proximity to ibo it doesn’t make them ibo
Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by Nonaira1: 8:14pm On Mar 16, 2018
igbodefender:
The Lucumi are Igbo with their homeland deep in Igbo Land. Sorry kid, but that's the way the cookie crumbles.

You dey mind am. Desperation na disease.

They even went as far as writing this on wikipedia. Moved from nairaland, blogs and wikipedia

"Olukumi was predominantly spoken among the Oshimili people of Delta State in Nigeria as well as by the Aniocha people, but now getting extinct. Asaba was established by the descendants of an Igala prince of Olukumi extraction as recorded in undocumented histories."
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olukumi_language

Everyone is Afonja. From Agbor to olukumi to Igala to Asaba. Hell one of their king claimed Jesus or at least the bible story so I'm not shocked.

Desperation. Desperation
grin grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by 0monnak0da: 8:16pm On Mar 16, 2018
Do the Wawa people call themselves Wawa? The truth is a large number of people are named by others just like we use the term Aboki and so on

1 Like

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by Nobody: 8:16pm On Mar 16, 2018
Nonaira1:

You dey mind am. Desperation na disease.

They even went as far as writing this on wikipedia. Moved from nairaland, blogs and wikipedia

"Olukumi was predominantly spoken among the Oshimili people of Delta State in Nigeria as well as by the Aniocha people, but now getting extinct. Asaba was established by the descendants of an Igala prince of Olukumi extraction as recorded in undocumented histories."
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olukumi_language

Everyone is Afonja. From Agbor to olukumi to Igala to Asaba. Hell one of their king claimed Jesus or at least the bible story so I'm not shocked.

Desperation. Desperation
grin grin grin grin grin
u are a dumbass are the lucumi in delta state

1 Like

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by Nobody: 8:17pm On Mar 16, 2018
Thetruthsayer10:
no u are the one who is not bright lucumi are in the America Cuba why olukumi are in delta state it’s not oral but fact.

How come Olukumi in Anaocha (Igbo Land) can clearly understand what Lucumi in Cuba is saying, but you cannot? Because Lucumi is the language of the Igbo aborigines of Ile Ife. They have settled in different areas of Yoruba and Igbo Lands today (Owu, Ugbo, Ugbodu),etc.

Use your brain. It is not there for decoration.

1 Like

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by Nonaira1: 8:19pm On Mar 16, 2018
Thetruthsayer10:
what of ayo their king claiming ibo Prince Adebowale claiming ibo wat of chief gb Nkemnacho who tells olukumi history himself. http://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/the-history-of-the-olukumi-people-in-nigeria

Name ONE yoruba traditional event that Ugbodu king attended to or sent anyone as his representation? Infact name ONE olukumi king in any olukumi towns who attended a yoruba traditional celebration. In terms I'll name the anioma celebrations they've went to.

I'll be waiting.

2 Likes

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by Yyeske(m): 8:19pm On Mar 16, 2018
0monnak0da:
You are stuck with me . No wakaing anywhere.

What does Igbo mean

What do you have to say about Dr Osuji's rearks that it has no meaning? Is he an efulefu?
Lol, no problem as I don clip your wings today, Igbo means people in the language.

Igboeze in Enugu state means the people are the kings or the people and their king. Close to Ohaneze in meaning.

Igboukwu in Anambra means great people. We have Oraukwu and Obodoukwu, same meaning.

Igbouzo(Igbuzo or current spelling Ibusa)in Delta means the people first.

Obigbo(Oyibgo)in Rivers means the people's hearth(the Igbo hearth is sort of different from the oyibo type).

Names like Igbo, Igbokwe, Igboanugo etc all have something to do with people.

Now give me the meaning of Yoruba in Yoruba language

2 Likes

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by Yyeske(m): 8:21pm On Mar 16, 2018
PVision2020:

Bro, don't dignify the foool with a response again, he his just a brainless troll.
What is Yoruba in the language? No be fight

2 Likes

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by Olu317(m): 8:22pm On Mar 16, 2018
0monnak0da:

Do you have evidence. I am willing to change my opinion if I see evidence? We live and learn all the time
Evidence? proofs are everywhere. You can visit Bénin Republic to get first hand information or source it via google . It only annoys when wrong information as this is circulated. Just as someone was referring to Amazon of Abomey Kingdom under Gezo as very powerful when in fact Gezo was killed by Yoruba warrior(s) when he reigned as King in Abomey—Dahomey kingdom.
Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by Yyeske(m): 8:22pm On Mar 16, 2018
PVision2020:

Bro, don't dignify the foool with a response again, he his just a brainless troll.
What is the meaning of Yoruba in the language? No be fight

2 Likes

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by Nonaira1: 8:22pm On Mar 16, 2018
Thetruthsayer10:
they adopted ibo name due to proximity to ibo it doesn’t make them ibo

Thetruthsayer10:
olukunmi is a Yoruba dialect and it’s spoken in Ugbodu they bear Yoruba names
their ancestry as said by them confirm they are Yoruba clan called Olukumi who came from modern Ondo State and settled in their current location in anioma land so when did they turn ibo exactly

See this fool stay contradicting himself.

One mimute they bear yoruba names, next minute thwy bear "igbo names due to proximity" grin

I posted a link of ugbodu celebration of their king's call to bar. Abeg do me a favour and point out the yoruba names there.

Finally, go and force am to be yoruba. Go to olukumni's town and start forcing am.

2 Likes

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by PVision2020(m): 8:23pm On Mar 16, 2018
Thetruthsayer10:
post the textbook of research u have that shows the Igbo people in ife are the modern day ibo in the east

My brother, you need to pity these Osus, it's not easy to come from a tribe without ancestral history. Today they are from Eri, tomorrow Jew, Next descendants/slaves of Igalas, to Ile Ife. I won't be surprised if they claim sambisa from shekau in the nearest future.

1 Like

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by Yyeske(m): 8:23pm On Mar 16, 2018
PVision2020:

Meanwhile just because you can't give me a befitting answer requires an insult, be guided.

2 Likes

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by Nobody: 8:23pm On Mar 16, 2018
igbodefender:

How come Olukumi in Anaocha (Igbo Land) can clearly understand what Lucumi in Cuba is saying, but you cannot? Because Lucumi is the language of the Igbo aborigines of Ile Ife. They have settled in different areas of Yoruba and Igbo Lands today (Owu, Ugbo, Ugbodu),etc.

Use your brain. It is not there for decoration.
u are a bigger dumbass than i thoght who told u the olukumi can communicate with the lucumi have they met before that u know that. The lucumi of Cuba and Yoruba are the same with different variations coz of isolation of language.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQBG_0ShlUs And I will keep telling ur dumbass the Igbo of Ile Ife are in Ondo State now Ilaje stop saying rubbish and u are the one who should use ur brain but I doubt if u have any.

2 Likes

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by Nonaira1: 8:24pm On Mar 16, 2018
Thetruthsayer10:
u are a dumbass are the lucumi in delta state

No they aren't in delta. They are in china. Buffoon

Oh and btw learn to read it's OLUKUMI

2 Likes

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by Nobody: 8:24pm On Mar 16, 2018
PVision2020:

My brother, you need to pity these Osus, it's not easy to come from a tribe without ancestral history. Today they are from Eri, tomorrow Jew, Next descendants/slaves of Igalas, to Ile Ife. I won't be surprised if they claim sambisa from shekau in the nearest future.
igbo in Ile Ife nothing I know go see

2 Likes

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by 0monnak0da: 8:25pm On Mar 16, 2018
Olu317:
Evidence? proofs are everywhere. You can visit Bénin Republic to get first hand information or source it via google . It only annoys when wrong information as this is circulated. Just as someone was referring to Amazon of Abomey Kingdom under Gezo as very powerful when in fact Gezo was killed by Yoruba warrior(s) when he reigned as King in Abomey—Dahomey kingdom.

So as far as this thread is concerned you have no evidence to offer me? Fine Keep your opinion and let me keep mine.OK?
The issue of Abomey is totally irrelevant and off point.

You have a view ,I have a different view. You cannot provide evidence.We have a stalement Oro pesi je.

Ire O
Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by Nobody: 8:26pm On Mar 16, 2018
Nonaira1:

No they aren't in delta. They are in china. Buffoon
u are a dumbass too lucumi is different from olukumi the lucumi are in Cuba why Olukumi are in delta north

2 Likes

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 8:27pm On Mar 16, 2018
Thetruthsayer10:
ojukwu stop acting like u know history. The name Yoruba was given by the Songhai scholar Ahmed baba in his book and was only popularized by Hausa to refer to people of oyo. Hausa did not sack Oyo Ile the nupe did and no oba of oyo was killed. I don’t know where ipob get their history facts maybe there is an alternative facts privy only to ipob that the rest of the world doesn’t know about.

You are talking to people of a cursed race, first class propagandists.
Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by rlauncher(m): 8:27pm On Mar 16, 2018
Nonaira1:

Keep on decieving unaselves. Until i start seeing young ones aming them speaking yoruba language then you can start with the "they preserving their language". Preserving the language yet only elders speak am grin grin grin. Like I told that other niggas go dig up their dead from centuries ago since una are that desperate.

Seriously when we start seeing just one known person from that area start claiming una then una can talk. Y'all just look mighty pathetic and desperate

You people's dreams of extending your delusional Biafra into the Delta will never succeed. Biafra dead forever. Nigeria lives forever

Yoruba are not interested in annexation. Nigeria remains one indivisible entity forever.
Long live the Federal Republic.

1 Like

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by Nonaira1: 8:28pm On Mar 16, 2018
Firstpage:

You are dull walahi. how can people that migrated from Yoruba land suddenly become igbo?

Can the ibos in Yorubaland ever become Yoruba?

How did people that migrated from sudan suddently become Yoruba?

See question from grade A fool

1 Like

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by Nobody: 8:29pm On Mar 16, 2018
Nonaira1:

See this fool stay contradicting himself.

One mimute they bear yoruba names, next minute thwy bear "igbo names due to proximity" grin

I posted a link of ugbodu celebration of their king's call to bar. Abeg do me a favour and point out the yoruba names there.

Finally, go and force am to be yoruba. Go to olukumni's town and start forcing am.
they both Yoruba and ibo name there is no contradiction the ibo name is due to proximity they identify as olukumi not ibo and the came from Yoruba land speak a Yoruba dialect and somehow they became ibo coz one osu says they are

2 Likes

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by Nonaira1: 8:31pm On Mar 16, 2018
rlauncher:

You people's dreams of extending your delusional Biafra into the Delta will never succeed. Biafra dead forever. Nigeria lives forever

Yoruba are not interested in annexation. Nigeria remains one indivisible entity forever.
Long live the Federal Republic.

See this nigga wetin bring Biafra and shithole Niggeria into this conversation. We are talking about my community you lots are desperately trying to attache yourselves into and this fool is talking about something else. Are you okay?

grin grin grin
Tell that shit to your brethren on this oage because they sure as he'll contradicting your bolded statement.

1 Like

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by Nobody: 8:31pm On Mar 16, 2018
Nonaira1:

there is no ethnic group called Sudan. Sudan is a country like Nigeria with many ethnic group. The question is what is ijebu ethnic group when they were in sudan

1 Like

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by Nonaira1: 8:32pm On Mar 16, 2018
Thetruthsayer10:
they both Yoruba and ibo name there is no contradiction the ibo name is due to proximity they identify as olukumi not ibo and the came from Yoruba land speak a Yoruba dialect and somehow they became ibo coz one osu says they are

I repeat my question

Post ONE yoruba celebration for the yoruba community attended by ANY olukumi king.

I'm still waiting desperado and attache by force

1 Like

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by Nobody: 8:33pm On Mar 16, 2018
Nonaira1:

See this nigga wetin bring Biafra and shithole Niggeria into this conversation. We are talking about my community you lots are desperately trying to attache yourselves into and this fool is talking about something else. Are you okay?

grin grin grin
Tell that shit to your brethren on this oage because they sure as he'll contradicting your bolded statement.
its not ur community u said u brother just married a olukumi person it doesn’t make it ur community the king has said his people are olukumi who migrated from Yoruba land and that can never be changed that’s why it brings u pain

1 Like

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by Nobody: 8:37pm On Mar 16, 2018
Nonaira1:

Name ONE yoruba traditional event that Ugbodu king attended to or sent anyone as his representation? Infact name ONE olukumi king in any olukumi towns who attended a yoruba traditional celebration. In terms I'll name the anioma celebrations they've went to.

I'll be waiting.

he is the paramount ruler of anioma land meaning he is the ruler of the ibo king in anioma king ayo so why would he attend a Yoruba traditional ceremony and its that how u want to prove ur point that they are ibo
Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by Firstpage: 8:37pm On Mar 16, 2018
Nonaira1:

In Yoruba history, It is believed we migrated from the middle east. Some of our people are found in Sudan up till this moment with our traditional Yoruba tribal marks. But we are Yoruba now.

You on the other hand is claiming a people migrated from Yorubaland and become Igbo.

Are you daft?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (20) (Reply)

PDP Sharing Rice And Yam At Campaign Venue (Photo) / Deji Adeyanju And Yusuf Buhari Pictured Together (Throwback Photos) / EFCC Arrests Ponzi Scheme Operator, Amos Olaniyan Over ₦128m Scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.