Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,355 members, 7,815,754 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:40 PM

How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? (34535 Views)

Calling Uzodinma ‘Supreme Court Governor’ Is Derogatory – Imo Elders Warn / Buhari Nominates Emefiele For Second Term As CBN Governor / Nigeria Youth Forum Gives Buhari 7 Days To Apologize Over Derogatory Comment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by 0monnak0da: 7:16pm On Mar 16, 2018
Yyeske:
Asking an innocent question makes me a trouble maker? Then I'll forever be a trouble maker. What is the meaning of Yoruba in Yoruba language, give me names of people and places with Yoruba prefix or suffix so we can end this talk talk biko

What does Igbo mean in Eboe language

4 Likes

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by Nobody: 7:16pm On Mar 16, 2018
Nonaira1:

grin grin grin grin

See desperation.

The bead hat is the same.
The white cloth is the same.
The necklace is the same

The only thing different is the neckbrace which asagba wears for special occasions.

Let me help you cry and dig your head deeper some more.

Asagba again
Nri king
Ubulu uku king

All wearing those chinese clothes. No mind that ugbodu king wearing chinese clothes trying to take shine away from una attache by force.
look at both crowns and tell me it’s the same the crown the ugbodu king wears is a Yoruba crown

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by Nonaira1: 7:17pm On Mar 16, 2018
Thetruthsayer10:
according to the king not me olukumi is the first language why ibo second. Stop grabbing the olukumi people their history is detailed and cannot be watched away by ipob lies they know where they come from and accept it

grin grin grin grin

Do you even READ what you quote.

This is where you got the quote from NAIRALAND!!!
https://www.nairaland.com/2837325/where-yoruba-igbo-peoples-meet

And a little research of the exact quote from the statement pulls up ONLY nairaland (evidenced by the screenshot)

When clicked on the first post made on Nairaland accredited that post as his, the author aka alj.harem who is well known on this NL for fabrication posted this link as the source (screenshot provided).

When clicked on the source provided, the article is NON EXISTANT ( screenshot provided)

grin grin grin

See what desperation gets una to.

Question why would the king "trying to prescribe the language" according to you if it's highly spoken?
You the one that even said it and ironically enough, you alone contradicted your own self all in your attempt to attache by force. Go to Ugbodu or any olukumni town and I bet you all my savings you can count those fluent in olukumi in your hands. Go and research the people you desperately attache by force to. Visit them sef since you desperate to attache to them so bad

1 Like

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by rlauncher(m): 7:17pm On Mar 16, 2018
Yyeske:
I don't want maybes, I want the meaning of Yoruba in Yoruba language.
I've told you the meaning of Igbo in the Igbo language and you guys are yet to reciprocate, accept the fact, Yoruba was imposed on you guys by outsiders and that is why you don't know the meaning in the language.
Funny enough, a non Yoruba coined a word to describe your people and you willingly accepted it as your heritage. Good luck on that one. [/quote[quote author=Nonaira1 post=65896541]

grin grin grin grin

See desperation.

The bead hat is the same.
The white cloth is the same.
The necklace is the same

The only thing different is the neckbrace which asagba wears for special occasions.

Let me help you cry and dig your head deeper some more.

Asagba again
Nri king
Ubulu uku king

All wearing those chinese clothes. No mind that ugbodu king wearing chinese clothes trying to take shine away from una attache by force.

We leant from history that Yoruba communities who were separated from the main group after the Benin Kingdom invasion and conquest of parts of Yorubaland were forced to adopt customs of their neighbours to reduce discrimination and prevent ethnic cleansing. It was a survival strategy for them.

You now know why their mode of dressing is different from the Yoruba way of dressing.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by Yyeske(m): 7:18pm On Mar 16, 2018
0monnak0da:

Ok but if you do leave you willl never prosper we have just under 6 hours where I am till the end of the day
Do you accept that your eople were slaves of the Igalas
No shame, of all the Yorubas on nairaland, nobody can give me the meaning of Yoruba in the language or even examples of names of people and places with Yoruba prefix or suffix.
Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by 0monnak0da: 7:19pm On Mar 16, 2018
Yyeske:
No shame, of all the Yorubas on nairaland, nobody can give me the meaning of Yoruba in the language or even examples of names of people and places with Yoruba prefix or suffix.

What is the meaning of Igbo

Bush dweller and slave

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by Yyeske(m): 7:19pm On Mar 16, 2018
PVision2020:

Maybe you should first give me names of people and places with Fulani, Hausa, Ijaw, Bini, Jew, English, Portuguese etc as prefix and suffix.
One thing all ipob have in common is FOOLISHNESS
I asked first, you can help your fellows and bail them out if you know any in Yorubaland
Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by 0monnak0da: 7:20pm On Mar 16, 2018
Yyeske:
I asked first, you can help your fellows and bail them out if you know any in Yorubaland

Yoou asked first ? Are you not daft?

What does Igbo mean

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by Yyeske(m): 7:22pm On Mar 16, 2018
0monnak0da:

I have already addressed that so stop repeating yorself,

Tell us what Igbo means in Igbo language
Go back to my previous posts and see it in the names of people and places of which I gave you the meaning. I give up since you don't have any in the Yoruba language and can't come up with any example.
Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by Yyeske(m): 7:23pm On Mar 16, 2018
0monnak0da:

What does Igbo mean in Eboe language
For the last time, it means people, what is the meaning of Yoruba in Yoruba language?

1 Like

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by Nonaira1: 7:23pm On Mar 16, 2018
[quote author=rlauncher post=65896834][/quote]

I don't give two bleeps about yoruba history or yoruba dressing style. I care only about una attache by force to my community. Until you lots stop trying to sneak una selves into aniomaland and stick only to una desperately attache to iteskiri, I will leave y'all alone. Since una are snakily wanna attache to anioma, I'll kerp letting una know how pathetic una look.

1 Like

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by 0monnak0da: 7:24pm On Mar 16, 2018
Yyeske:
Go back to my previous posts and see it in the names of people and places of which I gave you the meaning. I give up since you don't have any in the Yoruba language and can't come up with any example.
The names of places is proof tht it was externally derived

You have not given meaning

What does it mean

What do you have to say in response to the erudite Eboe scholar Dr Osuji PhD who submitted in his landmark thesis that IGBO has no meaning in your language

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by Nobody: 7:25pm On Mar 16, 2018
Nonaira1:

grin grin grin grin

And a little research of the exact quote from the statement pulls up ONLY nairaland (evidenced by the screenshot)

When clicked on the first post made on Nairaland accredited that post as his, the author aka alj.harem who is well known on this NL for fabrication posted this link as the source (screenshot provided).

When clicked on the source provided, the article is NON EXISTANT ( screenshot provided)

grin grin grin

Question why would the king "trying to prescribe the language" according to you if it's highly spoken?
You the one that even said it and ironically enough, you alone contradicted your own self all in your attempt to attache by force. Go to Ugbodu or any olukumni town and I bet you all my savings you can count those fluent in olukumi in your hands. Go and research the people you desperately attache by force to. Visit them sef since you desperate to attache to them so bad
stop attaching by force they adopted some customs of their neighbors doesn’t make them ibo they have their language and ibo is just a second language coz they are surrounded by ibo people.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by Yyeske(m): 7:26pm On Mar 16, 2018
0monnak0da:

Yoou asked first ? Are you not daft?

What does Igbo mean

Do not break the rules here by throwing insults because you can't answer my question, you know the punishment.
Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by PVision2020(m): 7:27pm On Mar 16, 2018
Yyeske:
Why should I help your folly, nigga?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by Nobody: 7:27pm On Mar 16, 2018
Nonaira1:

I don't give two bleeps about yoruba history or yoruba dressing style. I care only about una attache by force to my community. Until you lots stop trying to sneak una selves into aniomaland and stick only to una desperately attache to iteskiri, I will leave y'all alone. Since una are snakily wanna attache to anioma, I'll kerp letting una know how pathetic una look.
shut up u are not olukumi and it’s not ur community they are Yoruba from Yoruba land who settled among ibo and their language still lives on and history intact

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by Yyeske(m): 7:28pm On Mar 16, 2018
0monnak0da:

The names of places is proof tht it was externally derived

You have not given meaning

What does it mean

What do you have to say in response to the erudite Eboe scholar Dr Osuji PhD who submitted in his landmark thesis that IGBO has no meaning in your language
Go to the indigenes of those places I mentioned and ask, everyone is entitled to their opinion but it can never overide that of the indigenous people
Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by 0monnak0da: 7:28pm On Mar 16, 2018
Yyeske:
For the last time, it means people, what is the meaning of Yoruba in Yoruba language?
That is a lie it does not mean people.
Can you provide a link?

Even Google Translate does not agree

STOP LYING

How come not one of your Eboe brothers is bold enough to come and corroborate your lie

It means bush and slave.

So an Igbo person is A bush person or slave person

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by rlauncher(m): 7:29pm On Mar 16, 2018
Yyeske:

It means Oyo ruled by an Oba. YORUBA!

PROUD TO BE A YORUBA

PROUD OF OUR HIDTORY

PROUD OF OUR HERITAGE

PROUDLY YORUBA

PROUDLY NIGERIAN

LONG LIVE THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA cheesy grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by 0monnak0da: 7:30pm On Mar 16, 2018
Yyeske:
Go to the indigenes of those places I mentioned and ask, everyone is entitled to their opinion but it can never overide that of the indigenous people
I know Oyigbo very very intimately . I was there not told but there when the name was reverted back to its original form

Stop lying.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by Nonaira1: 7:30pm On Mar 16, 2018
Thetruthsayer10:
look at both crowns and tell me it’s the same the crown the ugbodu king wears is a Yoruba crown

This is Ugbodu king's crown close up (first picture)

Attached is anioma kings and elders from various community's

Have SHAME Yoruba people!!!!
Have SHAME!!!

Biko stick to iteskiri and leave us alone

2 Likes

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by Nobody: 7:30pm On Mar 16, 2018
Nonaira1:

grin grin grin grin

grin grin grin

http://ukpuru.tumblr.com/post/115435435597/far-from-home-yoruba-community-makes-home-in
Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by Yyeske(m): 7:30pm On Mar 16, 2018
PVision2020:

Why should I help your folly, nigga?
I just can't believe no Yoruba man, woman or kid on nairaland knows the meaning in the language, damn! What a shame.
Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by Yyeske(m): 7:32pm On Mar 16, 2018
0monnak0da:

That is a lie it does not mean people.
Can you provide a link?

Even Google Translate does not agree

STOP LYING

How come not one of your Eboe brothers is bold enough to come and corroborate your lie

It means bush and slave.

So an Igbo person is A bush person or slave person
I think I've entertained you enough, visit those places I mentioned and educate yourself more.
Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by Nonaira1: 7:32pm On Mar 16, 2018
Thetruthsayer10:
shut up u are not olukumi and it’s not ur community they are Yoruba from Yoruba land who settled among ibo and their language still lives on and history intact

Go and tell that to my sister's husband and the rest of his family and towns people who are olukumnis.

Go and tell that to zeal onyecheme, Rita odika, etc
All of whom no dey claim una

Desperate attache by force
Have shame!!!

1 Like

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by 0monnak0da: 7:34pm On Mar 16, 2018
Yyeske:
I think I've entertained you enough, visit those places I mentioned and educate yourself more.

What does Igbo mean?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by Yyeske(m): 7:35pm On Mar 16, 2018
0monnak0da:

I know Oyigbo very very intimately . I was there not told but there when the name was reverted back to its original form

Stop lying.

Lol, tell us how the indigenes pronounce it, don't lie about what you don't know because nairalanders from there will only laugh at you
Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by Nonaira1: 7:36pm On Mar 16, 2018
Thetruthsayer10:
http://ukpuru.tumblr.com/post/115435435597/far-from-home-yoruba-community-makes-home-in

Do you even READ what you post? One that is a BLOG which this post was made after the nairaland post meaning it was a statement gotten from the nairaland post as evidence by the exact same statement likewise no link to the so called original source from the news article.

Secondly, despite the blogger tried to claim it's an igbo blog, the entire post on their is on yoruba meaning again fake as Bleep!!

Read the shits you keep quoting.

1 Like

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by Nobody: 7:36pm On Mar 16, 2018
Nonaira1:

This is Ugbodu king's crown close up (first picture)

Attached is anioma kings and elders from various community's

Have SHAME Yoruba people!!!!
Have SHAME!!!

Biko stick to iteskiri and leave us alone
the king said we have adapted to the dressing of our neighbors which are the ibo and this can explain the dressing but hear his name ayo and their history and language is Yoruba stop attaching by force they are Yoruba not ibo. http://ukpuru.tumblr.com/post/115435435597/far-from-home-yoruba-community-makes-home-in

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by Owamudia: 7:37pm On Mar 16, 2018
This is an inconsequential thread from a lunatic pig from the yeast.

He's on a mission to troll/rile Yorubas.

He and his fellow pigs will never learn.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by 0monnak0da: 7:39pm On Mar 16, 2018
Yyeske:
I just can't believe no Yoruba man, woman or kid on nairaland knows the meaning in the language, damn! What a shame.

I struggle to understand why not one of your folk has come out to back your ridiculous claim about the word Igbo /

What does it mean?

They are all reading this and know you are lying .I am just waiting for a feww more to come out and back you before I shame all of you.

Dr Osuji PhD the eminent scholar has disowwned any meaning. Indeed Individuals have been know to bear the name Igbo so those perssons had names meaning PEOPLE?

1 Like

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by Nobody: 7:39pm On Mar 16, 2018
Nonaira1:

Do you even READ what you post? One that is a BLOG which this post was made after the nairaland post meaning it was a statement gotten from the nairaland post.

Secondly, despite the blogger tried to claim it's an igbo blog, the entire post on their is on yoruba messing again fake as Bleep!!

Read the shits you keep quoting.
stop crying the Ugbodu king is named ayo and the prince is Adebowale they have told u their history and their language and if ibo is spoken more or not it doesn’t change their identity it only shows assimilation

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Udom, Osinbajo, Oyedepo, Ortom, Dogara Storm Dunamis For Dr Paul Enenche / Timi Frank: Osinbajo Is The Chairman Of Yahoo Yahoo In Nigeria / Tinubu Visits Senator Sani Musa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.