Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,337 members, 7,815,668 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:16 PM

How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? (34530 Views)

Calling Uzodinma ‘Supreme Court Governor’ Is Derogatory – Imo Elders Warn / Buhari Nominates Emefiele For Second Term As CBN Governor / Nigeria Youth Forum Gives Buhari 7 Days To Apologize Over Derogatory Comment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by Yyeske(m): 7:40pm On Mar 16, 2018
0monnak0da:

I struggle to understand why not one of your folk has come out to back your ridiculous claim about the word Igbo /

What does it mean?

They are all reading this and know you are lying .I am just waiting for a feww more to come out and back you before I shame all of you.

Dr Osuji PhD the eminent scholar has disowwned any meaning. Indeed Individuals have been know to bear the name Igbo so those perssons had names meaning PEOPLE?
At least they already know what I'm talking about unlike you who can't give us the meaning of Yoruba in the language

1 Like

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by Nobody: 7:41pm On Mar 16, 2018
Nonaira1:

Go and tell that to my sister's husband and the rest of his family and towns people who are olukumnis.

Go and tell that to zeal onyecheme, Rita odika, etc
All of whom no dey claim una

Desperate attache by force
Have shame!!!
but did they claim ibo they adopt ibo name doesn’t make them ibo they are olukunmi and they migrated from Yoruba land so what does that make them ibo or Yoruba stop attaching by force they are different people from ibo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by Nobody: 7:42pm On Mar 16, 2018
Thetruthsayer10:
u are fool be proud of ur history no history says Igbo people were In ife the Igbo people of Yoruba are bush people and they are Ondo State today so stop lying

You are historicaly iliterate and intellecuualy poor . Your brain is a desert. There's nothing there, just empty space where trees of knowledge should be. Poor you.
Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by PVision2020(m): 7:42pm On Mar 16, 2018
Yyeske:
I just can't believe no Yoruba man, woman or kid on nairaland knows the meaning in the language, damn! What a shame.
An erudite ibo scholar already proved that the word Igbo is meaningless, so who are you to state otherwise. By the way Yoruba is coined from the words Oyo and Oba.
I guess you should be more concern about the fact that your igbo language was lettered by a Yoruba man (Ajay Crowther).

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by Owamudia: 7:43pm On Mar 16, 2018
Nonaira1:

This is Ugbodu king's crown close up (first picture)

Attached is anioma kings and elders from various community's

Have SHAME Yoruba people!!!!
Have SHAME!!!

Biko stick to iteskiri and leave us alone

Why are you arguing emotionally like a dullard

History cannot be changed.

Lukunmi are Yorubas. We were taught in GST101 - Nigerian Peoples & Culture.

Yoruba is spoken in Agbor till tomorrow.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by Yyeske(m): 7:43pm On Mar 16, 2018
0monnak0da:

I struggle to understand why not one of your folk has come out to back your ridiculous claim about the word Igbo /

What does it mean?

They are all reading this and know you are lying .I am just waiting for a feww more to come out and back you before I shame all of you.

Dr Osuji PhD the eminent scholar has disowwned any meaning. Indeed Individuals have been know to bear the name Igbo so those perssons had names meaning PEOPLE?
Two simple tasks I gave you and you dey vex.
Give me names of people and places with Yoruba prefix or suffix,

Meet with the indigenes and tell me your findings, is that too hard for you?
Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by 0monnak0da: 7:43pm On Mar 16, 2018
Yyeske:
At least they already know what I'm talking about unlike you who can't give us the meaning of Yoruba in the language
Lame

It has no meaning

Are there people who bear the name Igbo as individuals and what does it mean?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by Nobody: 7:45pm On Mar 16, 2018
Thetruthsayer10:
but did they claim ibo they adopt ibo name doesn’t make them ibo they are olukunmi and they migrated from Yoruba land so what does that make them ibo or Yoruba stop attaching by force they are different people from ibo
The Lucumi are Igbo with their homeland deep in Igbo Land. Sorry kid, but that's the way the cookie crumbles.
Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by Yyeske(m): 7:45pm On Mar 16, 2018
0monnak0da:

Lame

It has no meaning

Are there people who bear the name Igbo as individuals and what does it mean?
This merry go round tactics no work, I've already given some tasks, finish them up and come back.
Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by Nobody: 7:47pm On Mar 16, 2018
igbodefender:

You are historicaly iliterate and intellecuualy poor . Your brain is a desert. There's nothing there, just empty space where trees of knowledge should be. Poor you.
painment lies will not take u anywhere u big liar the Igbo people ife referenced are in ondo states today not some osu in the east. Their king still exist with their history intact.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by 0monnak0da: 7:48pm On Mar 16, 2018
Yyeske:
Two simple tasks I gave you and you dey vex.
Give me names of people and places with Yoruba prefix or suffix,

Meet with the indigenes and tell me your findings, is that too hard for you?

What does Igbo mean

Giive me the name of places with Hausa as a Prefix with Swahili as prefix with Ogoni as a prefix .

1 Like

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by Nobody: 7:49pm On Mar 16, 2018
igbodefender:
The Lucumi are Igbo with their homeland deep in Igbo Land. Sorry kid, but that's the way the cookie crumbles.
lucumi are Yoruba descendant in Brazil the olukumi are Yoruba in delta osu can not change that

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by Nonaira1: 7:50pm On Mar 16, 2018
Thetruthsayer10:
stop crying the Ugbodu king is named ayo and the prince is Adebowale they have told u their history and their language and if ibo is spoken more or not it doesn’t change their identity it only shows assimilation

Ironically enough nothing to support your staement except nairaland post from a well known fabricated on NL and a blog that copied the NL post.

Ironically enough all the well known people from that community, not ONE is claiming yoruba including one who was a member of a music group consisted of predominately yorubas.

Ironically enough when the ugbodu king became a lawyer, all of whom in attendance to celebrate it, all of who Ugbodu none had yoruba names or dressed like yoruba despite it was an Ugbodu traditional celebration
http://www.cshowcaseonlinenews.com/2017/04/thanksgiving-mass-in-honour-of-oloza-of.html?m=1

Ironically enough a king that attends every anioma celebration including aniocha celebration and not ONE yoruba own is Yoruba

Desperation is sickening.

I repeat again Go and force am be Yoruba. Visit their towns and start forcing am since una are that desperate

2 Likes

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by 0monnak0da: 7:51pm On Mar 16, 2018
Yyeske:
This merry go round tactics no work, I've already given some tasks, finish them up and come back.

give us names of places with Ibibio,Hausa Berom as prefixes

What does Igbo mean in Igbo language? NOTHING

Is it not shameful no one has ome out to back you?

By now igbodefender would have been huffing and puffing if your claim was true but it is a desperate shameless lie

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by Yyeske(m): 7:51pm On Mar 16, 2018
0monnak0da:

What does Igbo mean

Giive me the name of places with Hausa as a Prefix with Swahili as prefix with Ogoni as a prefix .

When you are done giving me Yoruba, Chinese, Japanese, Korean equivalents, then I'll repeat my previous posts.
You must give me a Yoruba equivalent first though.
Shame no dey catch you, all nairalanders are viewing your posts and knowing fully well you can't answer a simple question
Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by Nobody: 7:53pm On Mar 16, 2018
Thetruthsayer10:
painment lies will not take u anywhere u big liar the Igbo people ife referenced are in ondo states today not some osu in the east. Their king still exist with their history intact.
Painment? Lol. You have issues. What do you want t6 tell the kings of Ugbodu and Onicha Ugbo in Anioma?
Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by Nonaira1: 7:55pm On Mar 16, 2018
Owamudia:

Again REREAD my post you dummy. They migrated from yoruba but don't claim y'all.

My people have Igala ancestry does that mean I mean I'm igala?

Arochukwu has Ibibio ancestry does that mean they ibibio?

Onitsha has some bini ancestry does that mean they bini?

Hell one of your Ijebu king claimed they migrated from sudan food that mean they are sudanese.

I know olukumi because I have a sister married into that community and I've been to that community more times than I can count. They don't claim una. Never have. Visit them and know wtf they are instead of desperately attache since iteskiri keep puahing una of them.

2 Likes

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by 0monnak0da: 7:56pm On Mar 16, 2018
Yyeske:
When you are done giving me Yoruba, Chinese, Japanese, Korean equivalents, then I'll repeat my previous posts.
You must give me a Yoruba equivalent first though.
Shame no dey catch you, all nairalanders are viewing your posts and knowing fully well you can't answer a simple question

Hahaha The onus is on you to provide the Korean Chinese and Japanese equivalents because you are the one suggesting it means anything.

Can you reason at alll?

Can you see the contradiction in your position?

You need to learn basic logic

You have suggested that the presence of Igbo in name places suggests that the name is autochthonous and this would suggest that parralels exist elsewhere so the onus of providing that falls squarely at your doorstep. You do not even understand the logic of your ridiculous argument

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by Nobody: 7:57pm On Mar 16, 2018
Thetruthsayer10:
lucumi are Yoruba descendant in Brazil the olukumi are Yoruba in delta osu can not change that
You are not a very bright person, are you?
Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by Nonaira1: 7:58pm On Mar 16, 2018
Owamudia:

Oh and btw Agbor people ARE NOT olukumi nor do they speak Yoruba. The second language agbor people speak beside igbo is Bini. Tomorrow now ogwashi uku and Asaba would start being yoruba speakers too. Ndi ara

Desperate to be Deltans and attaching to every community una can think of. PATHETIC!!!

2 Likes

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by Yyeske(m): 8:02pm On Mar 16, 2018
0monnak0da:

Hahaha The onus is on you to provide the Korean Chinese and Japanese equivalents because you are the one suggesting it means anything.

Can you reason at alll?

You have suggested that the presence of Igbo in name places suggests that the name is autochthonous and this would suggest that parralels exist elsewhere so the onus of providing that falls squarely at your doorstep. You do not even understand the logic of your ridiculous argument

Abeg waka go front because it's obvious even to the blind, deaf and dumb that Yoruba was imposed on you guys but Igbo has already been indigenous to the people concerned.
Simple answer and you cannot fit provide since morning.
What a shame.
Other Yorubas seeing the weight of the question fled but you dey form bouncer.
Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by 0monnak0da: 8:03pm On Mar 16, 2018
igbodefender:

Are you?

I would very much like to explore that thesis
Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by Nobody: 8:03pm On Mar 16, 2018
igbodefender:
Painment? Lol. You have issues. What do you want t6 tell the kings of Ugbodu and Onicha Ugbo in Anioma?

the king of Ugbodu migrate from owo and Akoko axis and they are still Yoruba who speaks ibo though they identify as just olukunmi. The modern day Igbo(bush) reference in ife are Ilaje and they are still in their current abode and this is what the king has to say regarding Moremi

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by 0monnak0da: 8:05pm On Mar 16, 2018
Yyeske:
Abeg waka go front because it's obvious even to the blind, deaf and dumb that Yoruba was imposed on you guys but Igbo has already been indigenous to the people concerned.
Simple answer and you cannot fit provide since morning.
What a shame.
Other Yorubas seeing the weight of the question fled but you dey form bouncer.
You are stuck with me . No wakaing anywhere.

What does Igbo mean

What do you have to say about Dr Osuji's rearks that it has no meaning? Is he an efulefu?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by PVision2020(m): 8:05pm On Mar 16, 2018
0monnak0da:

Can you reason at alll?

Bro, don't dignify the foool with a response again, he his just a brainless troll.
Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by Nobody: 8:05pm On Mar 16, 2018
igbodefender:
no u are the one who is not bright lucumi are in the America Cuba why olukumi are in delta state it’s not oral but fact.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by Firstpage: 8:05pm On Mar 16, 2018
Nonaira1:

Name whenever you've heard Zeal from Styl-plus ever called himself yoruba? Even when he was called the igbo boy in styl plus, did he ever come out to say otherwise. Ironically enough, he's from the olukumi community.

What about Dr Amankwe, another Olukumni, call himself yoruba?

What about Rose odika, Helen Anyamelune, etc ever called themselves yoruba?

Hell which of this name, all of whom are olukumnis sound yoruba to you.

Fucking HAVE SHAME!!!!

Stick to despereately attaching yourselves to iteskiri and leave Anioma alone. You don't exist in our land and we don't want una!!

You are dull walahi. how can people that migrated from Yoruba land suddenly become igbo?

Can the ibos in Yorubaland ever become Yoruba?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by Nobody: 8:06pm On Mar 16, 2018
Thetruthsayer10:
u contradict urself if my ancestor goes by olukunmi why is a clan still called ekiti shouldn’t I go by the olukunmi. U are a big dumbass. The olukunmi are a Yoruba clan that still goes by the name in the heart of anioma land in delta state
You just a professor of lies. This generation of Igbos have the internet, so denying them textbooks on historical research won't work.
Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by Olu317(m): 8:07pm On Mar 16, 2018
0monnak0da:

The more common description in Benin used to be Nago or Anago or Ana probably it has changed with the influence of Nigeria.

These terms were used to describe now Yoruba peoples by the Spanish and Portuguese in their earlier records centuries ago

It is important to emphasize the difference between language and identity

Austrians ,Swiss,Italy Lichtenstein and Luxembourg is home to Deutsch speakers but they do not identify as German just as not all speakers of Arabic are not Arabs

Generally the Yoruba language was known as Anago
You are absolutely wrong about Anago as being used to refer to Yorubas dialects that is spoken in Bénin . In fact, Anago was a name given to Yorubas in Bénin by FON people, who are the aboriginal people before Yoruba clans emigrated to that part.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by Owamudia: 8:09pm On Mar 16, 2018
Nonaira1:

Again REREAD my post you dummy. They migrated from yoruba but don't claim y'all.

My people have Igala ancestry does that mean I mean I'm igala?

Arochukwu has Ibibio ancestry does that mean they ibibio?

Onitsha has some bini ancestry does that mean they bini?

Hell one of your Ijebu king claimed they migrated from sudan food that mean they are sudanese.

I know olukumi because I have a sister married into that community and I've been to that community more times than I can count. They don't claim una. Never have. Visit them and know wtf they are instead of desperately attache since iteskiri keep puahing una of them.

Since they are in the yeast, claiming Yoruba will be detrimental to their welfare as Deltans. Use your head!

Anyone with Yoruba ancestry is Yoruba.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by 0monnak0da: 8:09pm On Mar 16, 2018
Olu317:
You are absolutely wrong about Anago as being used in Bénin Republic. In fact, Anago was a name given to Yorubas in Bénin by FON people, who are the aboriginal people before Yoruba clans emigrated to that part.

Do you have evidence. I am willing to change my opinion if I see evidence? We live and learn all the time

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? by Nobody: 8:09pm On Mar 16, 2018
Nonaira1:

Oh and btw Agbor people ARE NOT olukumi nor do they speak Yoruba. The second language agbor people speak beside igbo is Bini. Tomorrow now ogwashi uku and Asaba would start being yoruba speakers too. Ndi ara

Desperate to be Deltans and attaching to every community una can think of. PATHETIC!!!
olukunmi is a Yoruba dialect and it’s spoken in Ugbodu they bear Yoruba names their ancestry as said by them confirm they are Yoruba clan called Olukumi who came from modern Ondo State and settled in their current location in anioma land so when did they turn ibo exactly

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (20) (Reply)

PDP kicks, calls for a rerun as INEC declares Buhari winner / Peter Obi: Why Labour Party Was Denied Use Of Stadium In Edo – Obaseki / Yobe Governor, Gaidam, Visits Dapchi, Says No Girl Rescued

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.