Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,843 members, 7,820,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:02 AM

Infidelity – Reasons Why Many Married Men Cheat - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Infidelity – Reasons Why Many Married Men Cheat (38019 Views)

It's Like Many Married Women Don't Use Protection When Committing Adultery / Pamela Adie: "I Was Once Married, Men, Your Nudes Mean Nothing To Me" / 9 Lies Married Men Use All The Time To Hit On Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Infidelity – Reasons Why Many Married Men Cheat by obowunmi(m): 11:33pm On Mar 31, 2018
greiboy:
People cheat because they want to cheat

Shikena

All of these are just excuses

Even armed robbers have excuses too

abi ooo

1 Like

Re: Infidelity – Reasons Why Many Married Men Cheat by Castanea(m): 11:37pm On Mar 31, 2018
The desire to cheat is a very strong temptation. Self-control is the key of life.

1 Like

Re: Infidelity – Reasons Why Many Married Men Cheat by JONNYSPUTE(m): 11:38pm On Mar 31, 2018
Abeg forget this talk jare. Person that wants to cheat will definitely look for an excuse to do it.

2 Likes

Re: Infidelity – Reasons Why Many Married Men Cheat by koolg: 11:39pm On Mar 31, 2018
RuthDaniels:
The "Men are polygamous in nature " excuse is the most annoying of all.

There is no justifiable reason to cheat on your partner, all are excuses of a weak man!

Lol. Weak man ko, lion man ni

1 Like

Re: Infidelity – Reasons Why Many Married Men Cheat by eyinjuege: 11:40pm On Mar 31, 2018
Anybody can cheat, their cup of tea.
Women too cheat anyway, very codedly. Their cup of kunu

3 Likes

Re: Infidelity – Reasons Why Many Married Men Cheat by walepackage(m): 11:41pm On Mar 31, 2018
RuthDaniels:
Lol...

Not all men cheat.... Compromise is not needed smiley
yeah.Not all men.But,the bulk of the percentage of men do.Can i ask you pls;are you in serious relationship or married.
Re: Infidelity – Reasons Why Many Married Men Cheat by HALBRIZZ(m): 11:46pm On Mar 31, 2018
The issue of cheating is not perculiar to men only as wives tendto lose interest in sex after having babies and as such shift their attention to their children rather than their husband. Even, cheating is in men DNA cos even the father of faith, lay with his wife's maid.

1 Like

Re: Infidelity – Reasons Why Many Married Men Cheat by MONITZ: 11:47pm On Mar 31, 2018
walepackage:
you wont understand that quote due to the perspective you are seeing it from.But,the bitter truth is that its an innate trait in 'man' which its rooted from also the social milieu,personality formation and biological composition of the man.Thou,it can be tamed or control.But, its few men that can control the 'polygamous tendency' in them.

Thank you for this piece of urs,there was an experiment that was carried out and it involved a cock and a hen in one and a cock and 15 hens in another. It was observed that the cock and the single hen when made to mate ,the cock couldn't go more than 10rounds of sex with the hen Bt when the same cock met with the 15 hens,it went round them all without getting tired,so it would suffice to say that men are naturally polygamous in nature because they like different spices Bt the women folk don't see it this way because they re disadvantaged...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Infidelity – Reasons Why Many Married Men Cheat by lenghtinny(m): 11:50pm On Mar 31, 2018
RuthDaniels:
Lol

You don't see me scream that do you? Perception smiley

If I were you, I wouldn't believe that. The world is revolving smiley

You said ladies (not you) tend to be civil than guys. .

The world did not start revolving today. Change is constant but some things are permanent tongue

1 Like

Re: Infidelity – Reasons Why Many Married Men Cheat by thundafire: 11:53pm On Mar 31, 2018
GloriaNinja:
undecided MAINLY, MEN ARE POLYGAMOUS IN NATURE, WHETHER SEX SATISFACTION OR NOT. IT'S IN THE BLOOD OF MEN ESPECIALLY NIGERIAN MEN.
lol preeq na same just as u and ur colleagues dey jump from 1 to another
Re: Infidelity – Reasons Why Many Married Men Cheat by Realdeals(m): 11:53pm On Mar 31, 2018
Is cheating = sexual activities outside a defined relationship?
What do we now describe the denial of sexual activity by a party in a defined relationship? Is that not cheating too.
Whatever, denial of sexual act by a party is the major cause of cheating and breaking of most marriages, the truth is that couples are always shy of discussing it publicly.

5 Likes

Re: Infidelity – Reasons Why Many Married Men Cheat by walepackage(m): 11:56pm On Mar 31, 2018
MONITZ:

Thank you for this piece of urs,there was an experiment that was carried out and it involved a cock and a hen in one and a cock and 15 hens in the other. It was observed that the cock and the single hen when made to involve in the sexual act ,the cock couldn't go more than 10rounds of sex with the hen Bt when the same cock was made to involve sexually with the 15 hens,it went round them all without getting tired,so it would suffice to say that men are naturally polygamous in nature because they like different spices Bt the women folk don't see it this way because they re disadvantaged...
you really get my standpoint.Thats what am driving at.There is more to man's sexual development whic is stem from a 'multi factoral issues'.The 'innate and the extrinsic part'makes it difficult for man to stay fidel.I have a study that we once conduct on "marriage"the findings with shock you.
Re: Infidelity – Reasons Why Many Married Men Cheat by AreaFada2: 12:05am On Apr 01, 2018
RuthDaniels:

There is no justifiable reason to cheat on your partner, all are excuses of a weak man!

When did monogamy become the norm in Nigeria?

It is a VERY recent Christian thing. Muslims don't even have time for it. Only few as a personal decision. Like my grand-dad.

It is less than 100 years old. Of people I knew growing up, my family was one of the very few monogamous ones. Even highly educated people like lecturers. I remember some oyinbo wives divorcing hubbies in 9ja and returning abroad on finding out their hubbies had a wife & kids outside. Though economic down turn in 9ja also contributed to them leaving. Only a few short decades back.

I like to be realistic. Just because one is comfortable doesn't mean there is no massive poverty around. In the same way TRULY monogamous marriages are few.

Simple fact is our CULTURE encourages polygamy. The culture will still take a long time to evolve to the point where monogamy will become the norm. It might not suit you and may be it is not what you want to hear but the culture is BIGGER than any one person. And biology always triumphs. All our closely related primates are polygamous. We are just higher than them in terms of brain size and functions.

The way things are going men will soon be opting for baby mama. Davido, Whizkid and others are already showing how it's done.

Therefore women can"vex" and decide not to marry at all. That way no fear of being cheated on or ending up in polygamy. That option is always open.
But do not let anybody use sweet mouth for you, just telling you what you want to hear. Because it is VERY likely he will see another woman ONLY very few will not & only VERY few ladies will have such men.

8 Likes

Re: Infidelity – Reasons Why Many Married Men Cheat by MONITZ: 12:10am On Apr 01, 2018
walepackage:
you really get my standpoint.Thats what am driving at.There is more to man's sexual development whic is stem from a 'multi factoral issues'.The 'innate and the extrinsic part'makes it difficult for man to stay fidel.I have a study that we once conduct on "marriage"the findings with shock you.

Really,as regards the study u carried out? Can u let me in on some of the findings?
Re: Infidelity – Reasons Why Many Married Men Cheat by IMASTEX: 12:15am On Apr 01, 2018
This used to be the case. But women are fast surpassing the record of men in terms of infidelity. Humans are so complex be it male or female.

1 Like

Re: Infidelity – Reasons Why Many Married Men Cheat by Gerrard59(m): 12:18am On Apr 01, 2018
Which is why I laugh anytime a female says she "desires a God fearing man". God-fearing, yet the bible prohibits adultery? God fearing, yet the same God fearing men support cheating and postulate that men are polygamous by nature? The vast majority of Nigerian women are married to "God fearing men". Majority of Nigerian men cheat. Yet they are "God fearing". Funny thing is that the men cheat with women, also assumed to be "God fearing". shocked shocked

grin grin

In other news, cheating supports the economy. My hypothesis states that if partners stop cheating on each other. Half of Nigerian hotels will close, ditto 25% of eateries and restaurants. Imagine the loss of jobs, investments, discretionary income and drop in property values? Now imagine the rate of unemployment and drop in taxes?

Let cheating continue!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Infidelity – Reasons Why Many Married Men Cheat by walepackage(m): 12:18am On Apr 01, 2018
MONITZ:

Really,as regards the study u carried out? Can u let me in on some of the findings?
men hardly stays with a partner irrespective of their status,position in the society.The study shows that 'most married men are have different mistress,girl friends and what have you"just that some are more smart than others to hide their 'dirty secrets' from their spouse.Its a known fact.

1 Like

Re: Infidelity – Reasons Why Many Married Men Cheat by MONITZ: 12:22am On Apr 01, 2018
walepackage:
men hardly stays with a partner irrespective of their status,position in the society.The study shows that 'most married men are have different mistress,girl friends and what have you"just that some are more smart than others to hide their 'dirty secrets' from their spouse.Its a known fact.

Kk,U ve a very solid grasp of the topic nd u said it all...
Re: Infidelity – Reasons Why Many Married Men Cheat by kingchris30(m): 12:28am On Apr 01, 2018
Nawa o see as women comment full here, anyway the truth is men cheat but so also women.
Re: Infidelity – Reasons Why Many Married Men Cheat by yemre: 12:29am On Apr 01, 2018
GloriaNinja:
undecided MAINLY, MEN ARE POLYGAMOUS IN NATURE, WHETHER SEX SATISFACTION OR NOT. IT'S IN THE BLOOD OF MEN ESPECIALLY NIGERIAN MEN.

Not all men my dear, I'm a man and I'm married! If u don't push him outside either by your character, advise from your single male and female friends or third-party generally, you are hard working and willing to take care of certain things before he gets back from work and give him ffood, his due respect and intimacy when he so desires, honestly, rather than cheat on u, he'll rather wait till he gets home to be with u.

Meanwhile, if u deny him any of these, especially when u are troublesome and kinda rub shoulder with him probably because he is broke or u earn more than him, believe me even if he tells u he isn't cheating, u should not believe him.

6 Likes

Re: Infidelity – Reasons Why Many Married Men Cheat by Nobody: 12:32am On Apr 01, 2018
Gerrard59:
Which is why I laugh anytime a female says she "desires a God fearing man". God-fearing, yet the bible prohibits adultery? God fearing, yet the same God fearing men support cheating and postulate that men are polygamous by nature? The vast majority of Nigerian women are married to "God fearing men". Majority of Nigerian men cheat. Yet they are "God fearing". Funny thing is that the men cheat with women, also assumed to be "God fearing". shocked shocked

grin grin

In other news, cheating supports the economy. My hypothesis states that if partners stop cheating on each other. Half of Nigerian hotels will close, ditto 25% of eateries and restaurants. Imagine the loss of jobs, investments, discretionary income and drop in property values? Now imagine the rate of unemployment and drop in taxes?

Let cheating continue!

Naso na.
All of us are 'polygamous' in nature.
Nothing dey happen #OneLove mehn grin

1 Like

Re: Infidelity – Reasons Why Many Married Men Cheat by walepackage(m): 12:32am On Apr 01, 2018
MONITZ:

Kk,U ve a very solid grasp of the topic nd u said it all...
tanx man.Have a wondaful nite rest.
Re: Infidelity – Reasons Why Many Married Men Cheat by uprightman(m): 12:53am On Apr 01, 2018
dollyjoy:
I think all men cheat. Especially the married ones.
Not all men cheat. I don't cheat my wife.

1 Like

Re: Infidelity – Reasons Why Many Married Men Cheat by MiddleDimension: 1:28am On Apr 01, 2018
RuthDaniels:

look at you as if you did not keep more than one boyfriend when you were younger!

men and women all cheat, and none cheat more than the other. it is only a question of whats stage in life one is at that moment.

before marriage, women cheat more this is because they are in their prime and are most beautiful. in marriag, it is men and thats because at that time, men begin to look more attractive to women because they now have money to spend.

in marriag, women dont look all gorgeous anymore and as a result, have few men coming for her. her huaband becomes the only option she's got and ofcourse, tell me who that person is who wont protect their only option in life even if it means not cheating so as not to lose their only option of free seeex and constant companionship?

so the whole idea that women are more faithful in marriage, is not to say that they are more moral than men and could respect the marital institution more, but it ia just a matter of hat which we can understand.

4 Likes

Re: Infidelity – Reasons Why Many Married Men Cheat by abimic(m): 1:31am On Apr 01, 2018
No law, degree, points variably put largely into contest why men cheat other than been insatiable and lacking self control especially when the going seems good. Cheats won't ever stop even if he layed with fowl and disgraced, he would still return to his disgraceful attitude till he learns to resist the urge.

1 Like

Re: Infidelity – Reasons Why Many Married Men Cheat by holocron: 1:44am On Apr 01, 2018
IF MEN ARE CHEATING, I PRAY, WHO DO THEY CHEAT WITH? Extra-terrestrials?

1 Like

Re: Infidelity – Reasons Why Many Married Men Cheat by coolh3ad(m): 2:04am On Apr 01, 2018
GloriaNinja:

Try American or European men..Then you will know say naija men still dey learn work........

2 Likes

Re: Infidelity – Reasons Why Many Married Men Cheat by coolh3ad(m): 2:14am On Apr 01, 2018
RuthDaniels:

We agree. Men cheat on their partners with other ladies. But these same ladies have their main Boyfriends na (are there really single attractive ladies?. Even the runs girls/prostitutes have their main guy). Yes or Yes??..so the same way men cheat, ladies cheat too.....shikena!!
Re: Infidelity – Reasons Why Many Married Men Cheat by megama: 2:43am On Apr 01, 2018
GloriaNinja:
llolll
Re: Infidelity – Reasons Why Many Married Men Cheat by holocron: 2:58am On Apr 01, 2018
MiddleDimension:

look at you as if you did not keep more than one boyfriend when you were younger!

men and women all cheat, and none cheat more than the other. it is only a question of whats stage in life one is at that moment.

before marriage, women cheat more this is because they are in their prime and are most beautiful. in marriag, it is men and thats because at that time, men begin to look more attractive to women because they now have money to spend.

in marriag, women dont look all gorgeous anymore and as a result, have few men coming for her. her huaband becomes the only option she's got and ofcourse, tell me who that person is who wont protect their only option in life even if it means not cheating so as not to lose their only option of free seeex and constant companionship?

so the whole idea that women are more faithful in marriage, is not to say that they are more moral than men and could respect the marital institution more, but it ia just a matter of hat which we can understand.

Kudos. Your head dey there!
Re: Infidelity – Reasons Why Many Married Men Cheat by Originalsly: 3:00am On Apr 01, 2018
GloriaNinja:
Agree or disagree...this is the bitter truth. Allow a man to hoose any woman in the world as his wife.... after a while.... he will see something in another woman that will ehmmm....sexcite him. If his resistance is not strong... he will cheat. Most men hav3 weak resistance when it comes to womem.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Moments You Shouldn't Approach A Girl To Woo Her / When I Was 15 , I Had An Abortion , 14 Years Later .... (Read My Shocking Story) / Simple and Clear Message That Every man Should Listen To

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.