Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,159 members, 7,811,343 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:47 AM

Landlord Or Tenants: Who Is To Fix Damaged Water Pump Machine? - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Landlord Or Tenants: Who Is To Fix Damaged Water Pump Machine? (34658 Views)

Whose Duty Is It? The Landlord Or The Tenants? / What Is Your Worst Experience With A Landlord Or Landlady? / Who Is To Pay Tenement Rate: Landlord Or Tenant? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Landlord Or Tenants: Who Is To Fix Damaged Water Pump Machine? by Kizyte(m): 10:51am On Apr 04, 2018
rayblings:
On Sunday, 1 April 2018. A meeting was organized by the landlord of the house where I live. He mandated us (each tenants) to contribute 2,500 Naira for the repairs of the damaged machine.

I'm hell-bent on not contributing a dime because it's the responsibility of the landlord to fix anything that concerns the house. I stand to be corrected and will change my mind if I am wrong hence, the reason for seeking opinions here.

NOTE: this is not the first time we would be contributing money to fix one thing or the other, pumping machine today, tomorrow it would be transformer issue..

And I PAY MONTHLY FOR OUR BOREHOLE WATER oo

Oga, I don't like tenants like you. You better learn to cooperate so things will work fine

2 Likes

Re: Landlord Or Tenants: Who Is To Fix Damaged Water Pump Machine? by chicoMX(m): 10:51am On Apr 04, 2018
Op, you don't mean it. So you pay for borehole water? The landlord should fix the damn machine.

3 Likes

Re: Landlord Or Tenants: Who Is To Fix Damaged Water Pump Machine? by Bonjoro: 10:51am On Apr 04, 2018
Why are they collecting damages too? ( landlords )
It's his property and he must fix it.

1 Like

Re: Landlord Or Tenants: Who Is To Fix Damaged Water Pump Machine? by mikebrown92: 10:52am On Apr 04, 2018
So far you are part of the user, you are liable to contribute to the repair of it.

What if the landlord decide to be using it all alone and take up the full maintenance on his own, would that be fair to you?
But the landlord has chosen to share it with you and you don't want to contribute to the maintenance and you want to enjoy the water...
Re: Landlord Or Tenants: Who Is To Fix Damaged Water Pump Machine? by Ceasardgreat(m): 10:52am On Apr 04, 2018
STEKENT:
Why is it difficult for igbo people to develop people house. I will never rent my apartment to igbo. Oversabi and troublesome is the motto.

Must you involve tribe in this?
Doesn't this show you the level of stupidity you have?

3 Likes

Re: Landlord Or Tenants: Who Is To Fix Damaged Water Pump Machine? by goodvision12(m): 10:54am On Apr 04, 2018
Pls i need your advice.what can i do each time my landlord comes around to threaten me with eviction from the premises even though i pay my rents daily?I need a lawyer as a friend.
Re: Landlord Or Tenants: Who Is To Fix Damaged Water Pump Machine? by LordKO(m): 10:54am On Apr 04, 2018
So long as the tenants don't pay house service charge (I don't mean house rent), it should be their responsibility to repair it and its ilk. The written agreement in place should be able to clarify an issue like this.

3 Likes

Re: Landlord Or Tenants: Who Is To Fix Damaged Water Pump Machine? by crispus09(m): 10:55am On Apr 04, 2018
Depends on agreement but it should be landlords

1 Like

Re: Landlord Or Tenants: Who Is To Fix Damaged Water Pump Machine? by Diso60090(m): 10:55am On Apr 04, 2018
Don't start what you can't finish my guy go and pay your 2k5 or no water or find other house or prepare for fight

1 Like

Re: Landlord Or Tenants: Who Is To Fix Damaged Water Pump Machine? by mikebrown92: 10:55am On Apr 04, 2018
rayblings:
yes I pay for water every month.

That payment is used to refuel the generator to pump water for the whole house.

Its best for you to pay as the maintenance is on all of you.

1 Like

Re: Landlord Or Tenants: Who Is To Fix Damaged Water Pump Machine? by ipobarecriminals: 10:56am On Apr 04, 2018
rayblings:
On Sunday, 1 April 2018. A meeting was organized by the landlord of the house where I live. He mandated us (each tenants) to contribute 2,500 Naira for the repairs of the damaged machine.

I'm hell-bent on not contributing a dime because it's the responsibility of the landlord to fix anything that concerns the house. I stand to be corrected and will change my mind if I am wrong hence, the reason for seeking opinions here.

NOTE: this is not the first time we would be contributing money to fix one thing or the other, pumping machine today, tomorrow it would be transformer issue..

if u nor pay,no problem but be ready. to pay when he increase ur rent 100% or u move out and pay another. agent free money and pack into a flat where water is one day on and 3 days off.U'll understand beta.
Re: Landlord Or Tenants: Who Is To Fix Damaged Water Pump Machine? by rayblings(m): 10:58am On Apr 04, 2018
Offpoint:
Na landlord spoil am abi na una tenant spoil? if you no contribute take repair am na dey landlord go suffer abi na una tenant? if landlord repair am come increase house rent you go come create another thread.

God give us common sense for a reaaon
na the Security guard wey the landlord employ they go on and off the machine
Re: Landlord Or Tenants: Who Is To Fix Damaged Water Pump Machine? by Dollabiz: 10:58am On Apr 04, 2018
oh
Re: Landlord Or Tenants: Who Is To Fix Damaged Water Pump Machine? by masterpix(m): 10:58am On Apr 04, 2018
chinebu:
Why not insist That Landlord must pay for your electricity bills aswell.
You are Even lucky theres borehole in the HOUSE where you live. What if theres none wont you source for Water elsewhere with your money probably. So why is it so jard for you to accept That its your responsibility to contribute abd fix the sumor used in pumping yhe Water That you always use in your flat. Shm things some Nigerians do. Tomorrow when you become Landlord and maybe collected 250000as rent in your flat then you will keep the money for repairing the tenants sumor and transformer and maybe their children school fees so That in the end you will use up all their rent in fixing utility bills for them and you go empty handed ok. I rest My case
what are saying if you don't meaningful things to contribute keep calm which flat does not come with boreholes as for the issue raised by op is the duties of the landlord to maintain his house

3 Likes

Re: Landlord Or Tenants: Who Is To Fix Damaged Water Pump Machine? by Skexxy: 10:58am On Apr 04, 2018
2500 x 30flats = 75,000 for repair of what type or pumping machine?

4 Likes

Re: Landlord Or Tenants: Who Is To Fix Damaged Water Pump Machine? by ifelajafemi: 10:59am On Apr 04, 2018
my dear it's part of your responsibility, abeg pay
Re: Landlord Or Tenants: Who Is To Fix Damaged Water Pump Machine? by femi4: 10:59am On Apr 04, 2018
rayblings:

Why did you have to pay monthly for water? That has to stop. That's what you are suppose to put an end to not the repair of pumping machine

1 Like

Re: Landlord Or Tenants: Who Is To Fix Damaged Water Pump Machine? by Damcomolux(m): 10:59am On Apr 04, 2018
the landlord must be the one to fix it while the tenants can support if he wish to

1 Like

Re: Landlord Or Tenants: Who Is To Fix Damaged Water Pump Machine? by Seun360(m): 11:01am On Apr 04, 2018
Ok....wait for Landlord to repair especially when he/she doesn't live in the said premises.
Re: Landlord Or Tenants: Who Is To Fix Damaged Water Pump Machine? by sekzy99(m): 11:01am On Apr 04, 2018
rayblings:

Am in his mess right now. Not up to a day I packed in, d machine got faulty. Pushed it to d landlady but she's trying to push it to me. Not gonna fix anything. This is war!

1 Like

Re: Landlord Or Tenants: Who Is To Fix Damaged Water Pump Machine? by rayblings(m): 11:01am On Apr 04, 2018
mikebrown92:

That payment is used to refuel the generator to pump water for the whole house.

Its best for you to pay as the maintenance is on all of you.
We enjoy electricity here very well. Power can go off for just 30 mins in 1 week. So nobody used generator to power the machine
Re: Landlord Or Tenants: Who Is To Fix Damaged Water Pump Machine? by harol: 11:02am On Apr 04, 2018
your own case is even better compare to mine. the day our borehole was faulty that we need to change the pump after i and ma co-tenant inform the landlord he said okay my guy that was last time he pick our call at that moment, we have to contribute money and fix it on our own expense. my guy my advice is this if you know how important the borehole is, you guys should contribute money and fix if not landlord of this days are not funny.

1 Like

Re: Landlord Or Tenants: Who Is To Fix Damaged Water Pump Machine? by Offpoint: 11:02am On Apr 04, 2018
rayblings:
na the Security guard wey the landlord employ they go on and off the machine
E dey go off and on am for only the landlord abi for all of una wey dey de compound?
Re: Landlord Or Tenants: Who Is To Fix Damaged Water Pump Machine? by Sterope(f): 11:03am On Apr 04, 2018
You mean after paying N500 monthly for water maintenance? If he had not been paying, he would have been the one to fix it.

chinebu:
Why not insist That Landlord must pay for your electricity bills aswell.
You are Even lucky theres borehole in the HOUSE where you live. What if theres none wont you source for Water elsewhere with your money probably. So why is it so jard for you to accept That its your responsibility to contribute abd fix the sumor used in pumping yhe Water That you always use in your flat. Shm things some Nigerians do. Tomorrow when you become Landlord and maybe collected 250000as rent in your flat then you will keep the money for repairing the tenants sumor and transformer and maybe their children school fees so That in the end you will use up all their rent in fixing utility bills for them and you go empty handed ok. I rest My case

1 Like

Re: Landlord Or Tenants: Who Is To Fix Damaged Water Pump Machine? by NwaliE01: 11:03am On Apr 04, 2018
cool
rayblings:
500 Naira per flat. There are about 25-30 flats in the compound. The land accomodates two buildings (2 storey buildings each)
You people are much in the compound. Believe you me that no land lord will ever use his money to pump water for such number of flats and We know the nature of our electric supply in this country. #500 you pay is just a token. In my Estate, I pay #12,000 per month on public water supply. Contributing #2,500 per flat will not make your land lord rich nor beyond what you can afford. The pump is to serve you all. My advise to you and your co-tenants is to contribute the money to replace the pump.

4 Likes

Re: Landlord Or Tenants: Who Is To Fix Damaged Water Pump Machine? by kaysy(m): 11:04am On Apr 04, 2018
Please, all the people using the pumping machine till it developed fault should contribute to fix it. That's all.

3 Likes

Re: Landlord Or Tenants: Who Is To Fix Damaged Water Pump Machine? by Donelli: 11:04am On Apr 04, 2018
STEKENT:
Why is it difficult for igbo people to develop people house. I will never rent my apartment to igbo. Oversabi and troublesome is the motto.

This is a very silly comment to make. Next time, pay attention to the discussion and get the facts then you can contribute intelligently.

2 Likes

Re: Landlord Or Tenants: Who Is To Fix Damaged Water Pump Machine? by enemmo(f): 11:06am On Apr 04, 2018
Op do you use prepaid meter to power your pumping machine, is it standalone or your machine is connected to someone's meter?

Is the #500 for the power bill for the machine?

Ideally, the The cost of the pumping machine should be divided into the number of flats with the Landlord paying a higher amount since its his own...

Personal I would pay the #2,500 because I hate, in fact I despise fetching water when I know there is a better way of getting water to my house.

1 Like

Re: Landlord Or Tenants: Who Is To Fix Damaged Water Pump Machine? by Softhands(m): 11:07am On Apr 04, 2018
How many apartments are in the premises?

Your monthly water payment should be scraped if the purpose for the collection is not properly defined. What is the collection for? For fuel to run the generator used in pumping? Or for Chopping chopping... Those of you saying he shld pay pay, You will do worse than Ambode if given the opportunity...

Let me advise you clearly... Take the matter to the caretaker of your house and seek his advise. Probably, he will talk to the landlord too to reconsider his decision.

rayblings:

2 Likes

Re: Landlord Or Tenants: Who Is To Fix Damaged Water Pump Machine? by vicfy(m): 11:10am On Apr 04, 2018
rayblings:

My dear, It all depends on the Terms of agreement. If you pay "Service Charge", then you are at liberty to refuse payment or even sue your Landlord/Estate Manager. But on the contrary, you should do well to contribute to whatever services you enjoy.

2 Likes

Re: Landlord Or Tenants: Who Is To Fix Damaged Water Pump Machine? by godofuck231: 11:12am On Apr 04, 2018
rayblings:

Are you a fool, don't you know how to beat someone? Especially an old fool? Get him arrested or warn him off
Re: Landlord Or Tenants: Who Is To Fix Damaged Water Pump Machine? by joenor(m): 11:13am On Apr 04, 2018
This whole mata tire me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Window Blinds At Affordable Prices / Properties With C Of O For Sale in Ibadan, Lagos & Other Parts of Nigeria / NURTW Office Collapses In Ibadan As Taofeek Oyerinde Escapes Tragedy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.