Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,204 members, 7,822,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:57 AM

A Lady Not Earning At Least N150k A Month Shouldn’t Think About Marriage - Joro - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Lady Not Earning At Least N150k A Month Shouldn’t Think About Marriage - Joro (21528 Views)

Val: Any Lady Not Satisfied With Flowers & Chocolates Not A Wife Material - Joro / "Your Boyfriend Deserves To Know Your Body Count" - Joro Olumofin To Ladies / Joro Olumofin: Things Ladies Shouldn’t Do, When They Meet A New Guy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Lady Not Earning At Least N150k A Month Shouldn’t Think About Marriage - Joro by Starks: 6:04pm On Apr 09, 2018
even miss independent women are supporting this rubbish, I pray u Wundt carry miss independent to your 50s, anyways that man is a big fool to put a price tag OK what of couples who earned well before marriage and along d line became unfortunate. abeg dat man has a broke man
mentality.
Re: A Lady Not Earning At Least N150k A Month Shouldn’t Think About Marriage - Joro by MarieSucre(f): 6:18pm On Apr 09, 2018
ojun50:
Nl babes wht advice do u hv for dis guy

As one of the elder stateswomen if nairaland I endorse his advice 100%

1 Like

Re: A Lady Not Earning At Least N150k A Month Shouldn’t Think About Marriage - Joro by Herrmes: 6:47pm On Apr 09, 2018
chigoziri2403:
wife yes, woman its her business
Why for the wife?
Re: A Lady Not Earning At Least N150k A Month Shouldn’t Think About Marriage - Joro by Wiseonetemmy(m): 6:49pm On Apr 09, 2018
TheUpsetGirl:
if that's the case, 80% of Nigerian ladies won't get married. lol

90% of Nigerian ladies are kinda broke.

Oh so you know. But they are the ones who want to use iPhone X, Brazilian hair, don’t want to date a guy who doesn’t have a house in banana island. God help us.
Re: A Lady Not Earning At Least N150k A Month Shouldn’t Think About Marriage - Joro by Nobody: 7:10pm On Apr 09, 2018
famiebee:
That's just the simple truth....we ladies should have a source of income before venturing into marriage ...it takes two to run a successful home orelse it will get to a point the load will be too much to bear for a average man
if their fathers were sole breadwinners, why should their case be different. today's generation of men have an entitlement mentality and expect to be spoonfed by their wives. they will then blame the economy for their lack of perseverance.
Re: A Lady Not Earning At Least N150k A Month Shouldn’t Think About Marriage - Joro by Nobody: 7:11pm On Apr 09, 2018
MarieSucre:

As one of the elder stateswomen if nairaland I endorse his advice 100%
i agree o

1 Like

Re: A Lady Not Earning At Least N150k A Month Shouldn’t Think About Marriage - Joro by Obodo999(m): 9:10pm On Apr 09, 2018
funmisticqueen:
if their fathers were sole breadwinners, why should their case be different. today's generation of men have an entitlement mentality and expect to be spoonfed by their wives. they will then blame the economy for their lack of perseverance.

Will you advise you brothers to die struggling for their wives?
Re: A Lady Not Earning At Least N150k A Month Shouldn’t Think About Marriage - Joro by GiantParrot(m): 10:06pm On Apr 09, 2018
Interesting advice. Clearly offered with good intentions. But not realistic. This is a country where 70 percent of people live under 1 dollar (N360) a day according to UNICEF, which translates to N10,800 a month. 92.4% live below N22,000 per month. The minimum wage is only N18,000. Let's not kid ourselves. Anyone earning N150,000 per month in Nigeria is doing alright for themselves. That's about 8,333% of the minimum wage. A young lady making that through respectable employment would have earnings that is most likely in the top 5% for women available for marriage. Asking the other 95% not to get married is unrealistic.

Germannig:

Nigeria is indeed impoverished, if 150K Naira is all it takes to be considered comfortable enough to get married. 150K is just 428 U.S. dollars. Yet cost of living in Nigeria (Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt, Onitsha, Enugu, Owerri, etc) is as high as cost of living in many American cities where $428 is absolute peanut per month.

Yes Nigeria is impoverished. And it is true that $428 would go nowhere in the US. But As someone who has lived and worked in both Lagos and Port Harcourt, I can assure you that there are only a few neighborhoods in these cities where single people can't get by with N150,000 per month. I can't speak for Abuja. But I'd bet that it would cost less to live in Enugu, Onitsha and Owerri than in Port Harcourt and Lagos.
Re: A Lady Not Earning At Least N150k A Month Shouldn’t Think About Marriage - Joro by Nobody: 11:00pm On Apr 09, 2018
Jodha:

I didn't say 150k is bread winning.. But since d woman is not d bread winner of d family... Then it doesn't matter d amount she's earning... Provided she works and contribute little stipends to d family...
That's all..

Plus he shouldnt be demanding such from women when most men don't earn...up to that amount ..

Yeah, I'm a liberal who really believe that life should be subject to iyr individual capacities, but the way the society, especially iur generation sets bar for the guys is laughable most times, and as the writer alleged that's the biggest ingredient if being unhappy in a marriage.
Re: A Lady Not Earning At Least N150k A Month Shouldn’t Think About Marriage - Joro by Water101(f): 11:03pm On Apr 09, 2018
lemme ask should ashewo or runs girl,alhaji babe who lives fine,large and big get married?after all she get gifts upandan and make more than 150 in a week.mtcheeew^
Re: A Lady Not Earning At Least N150k A Month Shouldn’t Think About Marriage - Joro by Nobody: 11:24am On Apr 10, 2018
Obodo999:

Will you advise you brothers to die struggling for their wives?
yes, i will tell them to go the extra mile just like my father did for his wife and children
Re: A Lady Not Earning At Least N150k A Month Shouldn’t Think About Marriage - Joro by zinaunreal(m): 12:10pm On Apr 10, 2018
Germannig:

Nigeria is indeed impoverished, if 150K Naira is all it takes to be considered comfortable enough to get married. 150K is just 428 U.S. dollars. Yet cost of living in Nigeria (Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt, Onitsha, Enugu, Owerri, etc) is as high as cost of living in many American cities where $428 is absolute peanut per month.

Well you have said rightly but there is what is called value for money and things are damn expensive there also. I will gladly spend $428 here than there... grin

1 Like

Re: A Lady Not Earning At Least N150k A Month Shouldn’t Think About Marriage - Joro by Qsscruz(m): 8:51pm On Apr 10, 2018
Ellabae:
But I earn 100k monthly cry. So I should not think of marriage. This one weak me.
No. You should sweetheart. You are a blessing to someone.

1 Like

Re: A Lady Not Earning At Least N150k A Month Shouldn’t Think About Marriage - Joro by Ugosample(m): 5:04pm On Nov 23, 2018
FreeConCiencE:
Maybe that's why most of the financially buoyant ladies/women don't have homes. Most of them can't tolerate the ego of their men and because of that they decide to leave at any little provocation or insult. Most of women who have home and are submissive to their husbands are not very buoyant.

not true

it's a question of values and upbringing
Re: A Lady Not Earning At Least N150k A Month Shouldn’t Think About Marriage - Joro by bukatyne(f): 11:46am On Sep 10, 2020
Ellabae:
But I earn 100k monthly cry. So I should not think of marriage. This one weak me.

cheesy
Re: A Lady Not Earning At Least N150k A Month Shouldn’t Think About Marriage - Joro by bukatyne(f): 11:47am On Sep 10, 2020
chigoziri2403:
It takes the Grace of God for a Lady that earns that amount to be submissive to her husband ,especially if he earns less

cheesy

So you don't want her to earn that much?

What is submission to you if N150k makes it fly out of the window?

'Nigerian' marriages, una case na wa.
Re: A Lady Not Earning At Least N150k A Month Shouldn’t Think About Marriage - Joro by bukatyne(f): 11:52am On Sep 10, 2020
ireneidiva:

Ordinary 150k will make a woman proud? Women that earn 600k nko? Calm down abeg.

Hahahahahahaha!
Re: A Lady Not Earning At Least N150k A Month Shouldn’t Think About Marriage - Joro by bukatyne(f): 12:12pm On Sep 10, 2020
FreeConCiencE:
Maybe that's why most of the financially buoyant ladies/women don't have homes. Most of them can't tolerate the ego of their men and because of that they decide to leave at any little provocation or insult. Most of women who have home and are submissive to their husbands are not very buoyant.

If a woman is submissive because of lack of money, it is not submission.

And husbands ought not to provocate or insult their wives.

That is not part of the JD of a husband.
Re: A Lady Not Earning At Least N150k A Month Shouldn’t Think About Marriage - Joro by bukatyne(f): 12:19pm On Sep 10, 2020
efficiencie:
Why should anybody, man or woman, go into a marriage with the hopes of getting prepared to leave at the slightest provocation? Is it not better not to be married at all? Why are couples insincere to each other? Why must couples who at one point were loving each other crazily get to the point where they hate each other so much that they cannot bear to see each other? Why must you marry if you are not ready to sacrifice, be committed and love no matter the circumstance? Because of the self-centeredness of many, marriage has become hoax to be avoided!

My brother, na so we see am.

1 Like

Re: A Lady Not Earning At Least N150k A Month Shouldn’t Think About Marriage - Joro by Murjem(m): 12:28pm On Sep 10, 2020
Well said...

tunjilana:
He shouldn't put a price tag. My own view for every female around me including those of my household and daughters I have and will have are

---Whatever lifestyle you aspire to live in marriage, work towards being able to afford that lifestyle. When your work has taken you to a point where you can comfortably and sustainably (except life happens) afford close to 60% of that lifestyle, then seek/listen to men who are on the same page with you.

---Don't sit lazy and believe some prince charming will appear from nowhere and make all your dreams come true, it is mutual effort and that way you will have no reason to be bitter or sad. If you both don't hit it, it will be clear you both worked hard to get there and you will likely land in a relatively good place.

This is exactly how to raise a girl child.

No that in marriage, you wish to you wish to travel round the world on vacation, have top-notch healthcare for your kids, wear nice things, feed very well, live in upscale neighborhood and all your aspiration ends at being a school teacher on 30k salary!, when they send you to school your mates are actively hustling 2.1 or firstclass, acquiring skills, trying out businesses but you sit lazy cos the host of heaven have promised you a tears-cleaner husband. You will be dissapointed

If it is beauty, you are not the only beautiful one, if it is bobby or arse, no be only you, good character sef no be only you. And for those kinda guys you have your eyes on, their options are not in any way limited, so there are women with all those physical things you have plus brain, sense of responsibility for ones life and hardwork and the man will pick those before you, If such a man in his delusion of error in judgement mistakingly picks you and you continue with that same mentality, it is only a matter of time before he realizes his mistake then the cheating and resentment starts, he might end up throwing you out for someone who is on same page with him...

Women be wise, fathers & brothers educate the women in your lives

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Can This Kind Of Yansh Be Found In Nigeria? / My Sister's Wedding Pictures / Why I Dont Like Igbo Ladies For Relationships.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.