Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,023 members, 7,814,500 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:52 PM

Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? - Religion (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? (77640 Views)

Are Jehovah Witness People Real Christians? / Are Jehovah's Witnesses Tied To Freemasons? / Are Jehovah Witnesses Right About Their Belief Against Blood Transfusion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (86) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by LukeLook: 11:46pm On May 27, 2018
enimooko:
STEP II. .....only a few people find it. cool
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by LukeLook: 11:49pm On May 27, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

See somebody that is calling somebody brain dead and an illiterate. Your organization frowns on its members using their own brain to think for themselves. It shows your brain is dead an non functional when you allow people do your thinking.
See someone that his leaders encourage not to get tertiary education so they will continue to do his thinking for him.

Your leaders say your jehovah will kill 99.9% of earths population in their magazines because they refused to join watchtower organization a publishing company. What's your take on that?

Very soon you will start thinking with your own brain and not that of 8 old men in new York.
My own is I need Bible passages and not magazine lines
Your leaders say your jehovah will kill 99.9% - Did they really publish this?
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Nobody: 3:48am On May 28, 2018
salvation101:
https://www.nairaland.com/4527618/jehovah-withnesses-accused-systematically-covering
i see the pure religion folks avoiding this thread like a plague shocked :oGB body must be shitting in their pants now grin grin
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Nobody: 6:32am On May 28, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

Where is organization mentioned in the bible?
Where is governing body mentioned in the bible?
Where is Jehovah slaughtering people for not joining an organization mentioned?

I need Bible passages

I

tongue tongue tongue
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Nobody: 6:50am On May 28, 2018
achorladey:

Feel free to make distinction between original organisation and fake organisation. Its your call but I know it does not sit well with wisdom from above. James 3: 13-18
It's a shame that a Yoruba man who can read is quoting a text that's TOTALLY against himself in a bid to support his false reasoning in the midst of those who also have eyes to read and meditate on the contents of the quotation! James 3:13-18 i'll screenshot what is written in King James for everyone to see where you're quoting to buttress your wrong notion! All the instructions was directed to a unique group,take note of the word "AMONG YOU" of course God's word isn't for those who aren't willing to accept Jesus as their Messiah! "PEACE" crown it all,please who are those looking for peace? Is it those going about trying to settle differences by mouth to mouth discussion or those who only face their worship? Is it those who will NEVER carry weapons for any reason whatsoever or those keeping weapons to settle disputes? Verse 17 said "easy to be intreated" meaning "willing to obey" or "agreeing to a form of standard", please who amongst you having different doctrines and beliefs(not ready for unified convictions) could be said to be "easy to be intreated"? My friend you're just quoting without first meditating on what you read!

Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Hairyrapunzel: 6:57am On May 28, 2018
LukeLook:
Your leaders say your jehovah will kill 99.9% - Did they really publish this?

As for humans upon earth, on the side of Jehovah will be all those fully dedicated to him and who are faithfully following Jesus Christ; compared with earth's billions these are indeed few. ... On Satan's side will be all the rest of mankind, more than 99.9 percent ..." Watchtower 1958 Oct 15 p.614

There are billions of people who do not know Jehovah. Many of them in ignorance practice things that God's Word shows to be wicked. If they persist in this course, they will be among those who perish during the great tribulation." Watchtower 1993 Oct 1 p.19

Those who will form the nucleus of the "new earth", a new earthly society of rightly disposed people, are being gathered during these last days. They are already nearly seven million strong, in at least 235 lands and in some 100,000 congregations. These millions have been learning the righteous and just ways of Jehovah, and as a result, worldwide they enjoy a unity that is cemented by Christian love. Their unity is the most pronounced and enduring in the history of the world, a unity exceeding anything experienced by Satan's subjects." Watchtower 2007 Aug 15 p.26

"Today the Christian congregation is God's "house," '"a pillar and support of the truth." (I Ti. 3:15) All the provisions for salvation are made available through this channel. For that reason, "to it all the nations must stream" if they desire to enjoy the blessings promised under God's Kingdom rule. - Isa. 2:2.
This "house comprises more than 69,000 congregations in 229 lands. ... It is urgent that people reach out to "draw close to God" by drawing closer to his organization." Kingdom Ministry 1993 Apr p.3

What will happen to young children at Armageddon? The Bible does not directly answer that question, and we are not the judges. However, the Bible does show that God views the young children of true Christians as "holy." (1 Cor. 7:14) It also reveals that in times past when God destroyed the wicked he likewise destroyed their little ones." Reasoning from the Scriptures pp.47-48

"Children are affected by the course of their parents, and parents are warned that their iniquity is visited on their offspring unto the third and fourth generation. (Ex. 20:5, 6) Parents are commanded to instruct their children in God's way, and if in these last days parents refuse to heed the divine instruction and warning they bring destruction upon themselves and their small children at Armageddon. (Deut. 6:6, 7; Eph. 6:4) According to justice God can leave such children dead, for, as Ezekiel showed, all die in their iniquity." Watchtower 1950 Nov 15 p.463

"By all the evidences this system of things is hastening to its final confrontation with the God of justice at Armageddon. Parents and children who fail to gain the "mark on their foreheads," that is, an adequate appreciation of God's moral standard, are sure to suffer. Parents will be held accountable for their children, and children will suffer for the failure of their parents." Watchtower 1968 Feb 1 pp.83-84
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Hairyrapunzel: 7:00am On May 28, 2018
enimooko:
I need a bible passage. If you like interchange gate with organ in your head. Provide the passage in the bible
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Hairyrapunzel: 7:02am On May 28, 2018
enimooko:
Super story...
Daddy GO didn't ask you to be "identifying and joining an organization" neither did he ask you to be "identifying and fleeing from B A B Y L O N - T H E - G R E A T organization" grin grin grin

...and for "about 3 months back" you and your archodelay "monika" cant figure out that daddy GO has not explained hellfire and limbo as well as the fact that Donald trump won an election shown to you an daddy that he can never win...park well well

Show us the bible passage that said if you don't join an organization you will be slaughtered by a God
Abi no Bible passage?
Or it's only in your magazines you will see such?
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Hairyrapunzel: 7:10am On May 28, 2018
enimooko:

I have been recently convinced by this link down here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQnI4eoSvwo

If you like convince yourself. Provide the bible passage where God said he will slaughter people because they chose not to pay allegiance to a publishing company called watchtower organization
Show us where they mentioned governing body in the bible
Show me where joining an organization will lead to salvation
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Hairyrapunzel: 7:13am On May 28, 2018
enimooko:
No bible evidence for your rantings...

They are boldly written in your publications. So I need Bible passages to support your beliefs. No jw has ever been able to show me a Bible passage stating their beliefs.
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Hairyrapunzel: 7:16am On May 28, 2018
enimooko:

This message is from the Pentecostal GB of Wikileaks and attested by various JW apostates GBs

Higher law has been used to justify violence by Christians sometimes referred to as Spiritual warfare.
Historically, according to René Girard, many Christians embraced violence when it became the state religion of the Roman Empire: "Beginning with Constantine, Christianity triumphed at the level of the state and soon began to cloak with its authority persecutions similar to those in which the early Christians were victims.

Miracles performed by our Pentecostal Daddy GOs for our delightful and spirit filled consumption - watch the video link below at:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQnI4eoSvwo

....and how come you and your Daddy GOs kept killing innocent children and women for thirty years in Northern Ireland, killing 3,739?

How come your organization has been killing its members since 1945 via blood transfusion ban?

Show me Bible passage and stop ranting.
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Nobody: 7:31am On May 28, 2018
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Nobody: 7:35am On May 28, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

As for humans upon earth, on the side of Jehovah will be all those fully dedicated to him and who are faithfully following Jesus Christ; compared with earth's billions these are indeed few. ... On Satan's side will be all the rest of mankind, more than 99.9 percent ..." Watchtower 1958 Oct 15 p.614

There are billions of people who do not know Jehovah. Many of them in ignorance practice things that God's Word shows to be wicked. If they persist in this course, they will be among those who perish during the great tribulation." Watchtower 1993 Oct 1 p.19

Those who will form the nucleus of the "new earth", a new earthly society of rightly disposed people, are being gathered during these last days. They are already nearly seven million strong, in at least 235 lands and in some 100,000 congregations. These millions have been learning the righteous and just ways of Jehovah, and as a result, worldwide they enjoy a unity that is cemented by Christian love. Their unity is the most pronounced and enduring in the history of the world, a unity exceeding anything experienced by Satan's subjects." Watchtower 2007 Aug 15 p.26

"Today the Christian congregation is God's "house," '"a pillar and support of the truth." (I Ti. 3:15) All the provisions for salvation are made available through this channel. For that reason, "to it all the nations must stream" if they desire to enjoy the blessings promised under God's Kingdom rule. - Isa. 2:2.
This "house comprises more than 69,000 congregations in 229 lands. ... It is urgent that people reach out to "draw close to God" by drawing closer to his organization." Kingdom Ministry 1993 Apr p.3

What will happen to young children at Armageddon? The Bible does not directly answer that question, and we are not the judges. However, the Bible does show that God views the young children of true Christians as "holy." (1 Cor. 7:14) It also reveals that in times past when God destroyed the wicked he likewise destroyed their little ones." Reasoning from the Scriptures pp.47-48

"Children are affected by the course of their parents, and parents are warned that their iniquity is visited on their offspring unto the third and fourth generation. (Ex. 20:5, 6) Parents are commanded to instruct their children in God's way, and if in these last days parents refuse to heed the divine instruction and warning they bring destruction upon themselves and their small children at Armageddon. (Deut. 6:6, 7; Eph. 6:4) According to justice God can leave such children dead, for, as Ezekiel showed, all die in their iniquity." Watchtower 1950 Nov 15 p.463

"By all the evidences this system of things is hastening to its final confrontation with the God of justice at Armageddon. Parents and children who fail to gain the "mark on their foreheads," that is, an adequate appreciation of God's moral standard, are sure to suffer. Parents will be held accountable for their children, and children will suffer for the failure of their parents." Watchtower 1968 Feb 1 pp.83-84

Jesus said "Just as it happened in the days of Noah" Luke 17:26 it's evident that 99.9% of Earth's inhabitants died in that global deluge(unless if you're disputing that biblical account,historical proofs and of course Jesus' confirmation). Eyes you have but you're not seeing,ears you have but you're not hearing. If a group or organization is now proclaiming that same thing Jesus "prophesied" back then,is it not clear that anyone challenging that prophecy is an enemy of Jesus today? So it's until we show you where the Bible pointedly stated "99.9% of earth's inhabitants will be slaughtered by Jehovah" then you'll agree with what Jesus Christ said! Hmmmmmmmmm silence is the best answer for some people jooh. tongue tongue tongue
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Nobody: 7:46am On May 28, 2018
salvation101:
Mr Riofidelio, why are you running away from this thread? https://www.nairaland.com/4527618/jehovah-withnesses-accused-systematically-covering
Haaaaaa Mummy GO,please ma i'm running because you've been filled with the power and wisdom of the "Wholy Ghost" and there's no common or uncommon sense in arguing with the people having the "Wholy Ghost". Let somebarry shout Halleluyah! grin grin grin
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by achorladey: 8:02am On May 28, 2018
enimooko:
....and my guess was right cheesy
Mine too. Hahahahahaahahahahaa
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Nobody: 8:28am On May 28, 2018
Riofidelio:
Haaaaaa Mummy GO,please ma i'm running because you've been filled with the power and wisdom of the "Wholy Ghost" and there's no common or uncommon sense in arguing with the people having the "Wholy Ghost". Let somebarry shout Halleluyah! grin grin grin
Ajeri jehova dat is does d work of a native doctor.. We know wat u guys do here grin so u also harbor sex abusers just cos u are trying to protect one yeye image. No wonder ur guys can be so vulgar wen dey abuse on dis board. Most certain u a pedophile shocked
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by achorladey: 8:37am On May 28, 2018
enimooko:
AGREED as said by Jesus himself.
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Nobody: 9:02am On May 28, 2018
salvation101:
Ajeri jehova dat is does d work of a native doctor.. We know wat u guys do here grin so u also harbor sex abusers just cos u are trying to protect one yeye image. No wonder ur guys can be so vulgar wen dey abuse on dis board. Most certain u a pedophile shocked
Hmmmmmmmmm well Mummy GO, you're filled with the Wholy Ghost but it's like you still need someone to interpret the Bible for you so as to grasp the message. If you must know since i'm a SINNER,the wages of sin is death and there's no distinction in SIN that's the "old personality" (Colossians 3:9,Ephessians 4:22)So whatever is termed as SIN,please Ma i'm guilty as charged because i was born,bread and brought up in SIN therefore death is upon my head that's why i needed the random sacrifice of Jesus to wash me clean and an organization to continue associating so as to be encouraged to put on a new personality (with which i wasn't born)Colossians 3:10 in order to love with fine works. 1Corinthians 6:9-11,2Timothy 3:16,17 and Hebrews 10:24,25
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Hairyrapunzel: 9:11am On May 28, 2018
Riofidelio:
Hmmmmmmmmm well Mummy GO, you're filled with the Wholy Ghost but it's like you still need someone to interpret the Bible for you so as to grasp the message. If you must know since i'm a SINNER,the wages of sin is death and there's no distinction in SIN that's the "old personality" (Colossians 3:9,Ephessians 4:22)So whatever is termed as SIN,please Ma i'm guilty as charged because i was born,bread and brought up in SIN therefore death is upon my head that's why i needed the random sacrifice of Jesus to wash me clean and an organization to continue associating so as to be encouraged to put on a new personality (with which i wasn't born)Colossians 3:10 in order to love with fine works. 1Corinthians 6:9-11,2Timothy 3:16,17 and Hebrews 10:24,25
You still cannot show the bible verse that says association with an organization is a criteria for salvation or putting up a new personality

Abi Bible passage no dey?
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Nobody: 9:14am On May 28, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

You still cannot show the bible verse that says association with an organization is a criteria for salvation or putting up a new personality

Abi Bible passage no dey?
tongue tongue tongue
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Hairyrapunzel: 9:34am On May 28, 2018
Riofidelio:
tongue tongue tongue
You want to cover up your organization?
I ain't letting you of the hook easily. Provide a bible passage to prove you number one doctrine.
Abi no show?
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Nobody: 9:41am On May 28, 2018
salvation101:
https://www.nairaland.com/4527618/jehovah-withnesses-accused-systematically-covering
That's the evidence showing the real meaning of what is Jesus was saying back then! If you're seeing people with questionable characters yet trying to be "submissive" and ever willing to be "obedient" under some strict rules. What is that telling you? Of course that means they're not some gullible morons under a spell as you think! They're intelligent individuals having the traits of Adam(Sinners) but trying to exchange the old personality for a new one! Well if you must know Jehovah's witnesses are those who have agreed that they're sinners but are willing to be corrected under an organized setting, unlike you who think sinners should be stigmatized. Our Master, Lord and King never drove sinners away but kept putting up with their sinful conditions because THEY ARE WILLING TO OBEY INSTRUCTIONS! (Matthew 9:10-13) Sorry Mummy GO i never wanted to respond to your thread because it's obvious you just want to argue but we're not for arguments rather we're searching for "fellow sinners" who are aware of their conditions and willing to change! God bless you.
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Nobody: 9:44am On May 28, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

You want to cover up your organization?
I ain't letting you of the hook easily. Provide a bible passage to prove you number one doctrine.
Abi no show?
Sorry i don't waste my time with ridiclers of God's inspired expressions! tongue tongue tongue
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Hairyrapunzel: 11:03am On May 28, 2018
Riofidelio:
Sorry i don't waste my time with ridiclers of God's inspired expressions! tongue tongue tongue

Eya. No Bible passage that says one should associate with an organization/publishing company? How is it inspired when your governing body say they are uninspired?

Magazine lines have become God's inspired expressions lol.
No Bible passage stating God's inspired expressions. It has to be man inspired expressions since you can't provide a bible verse for your beliefs.
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Hairyrapunzel: 11:04am On May 28, 2018
Riofidelio:

Magazine lines have become God's inspired expressions lol.
No Bible passage stating God's inspired expressions. It has to be man inspired expressions since you can't provide a bible verse for your beliefs.
God inspired expressions yet no record has it that God said such
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Hairyrapunzel: 11:08am On May 28, 2018
Riofidelio:
That's the evidence showing the real meaning of what is Jesus was saying back then! If you're seeing people with questionable characters yet trying to be "submissive" and ever willing to be "obedient" under some strict rules. What is that telling you? Of course that means they're not some gullible morons under a spell as you think! They're intelligent individuals having the traits of Adam(Sinners) but trying to exchange the old personality for a new one! Well if you must know Jehovah's witnesses are those who have agreed that they're sinners but are willing to be corrected under an organized setting, unlike you who think sinners should be stigmatized. Our Master, Lord and King never drove sinners away but kept putting up with their sinful conditions because THEY ARE WILLING TO OBEY INSTRUCTIONS! (Matthew 9:10-13) Sorry Mummy GO i never wanted to respond to your thread because it's obvious you just want to argue but we're not for arguments rather we're searching for "fellow sinners" who are aware of their conditions and willing to change! God bless you.

They are gullible morons. Why will humans follow strict rules? Why will you punish people when they break the strict rules? They are forced to obey because they fear disfellowshipping, being shunned by family and friends and being slaughtered by a God who says he is all loving.
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by OneJ: 11:22am On May 28, 2018
salvation101:
i see the pure religion folks avoiding this thread like a plague shocked :oGB body must be shitting in their pants now grin grin
salvation 101,JW have nothing to be ashamed about. Haters & disgruntled ex-JW would always resort to character assassination to malign the name of Jehovah God & His people. https://wol.jw.org/En/wol/d/r1/Ip-e/1997003 JW upholds God's righteous standards unlike your lascivious pastorpreneurs & their copy cat membership whose iniquities are swept under the toga of grace. Abegi, shift!
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by LukeLook: 11:24am On May 28, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

OK, of course, it's makes more sense in that context...
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by achorladey: 11:28am On May 28, 2018
Riofidelio:
It's a shame that a Yoruba

ACHORLADEY: You dont need to shame me. Part of what you learnt yesterday as captured in the watchtower study March 2018 Jehovah and Jesus our master do not shame people when they are disciplined or corrected even God did not disgrace Adam out of the Garden. Mark 9:33-37 Luke 22:24-27

man who can read is quoting a text that's TOTALLY against himself

ACHORLADEY: I agree if what I said initially was indeed wrong i will humbly admit and yield part of what is included in wisdom from above.

in a bid to support his false reasoning in the midst of those who also have eyes to read and meditate on the contents of the quotation!

ACHORLADEY:allow those reading to decide these false reasoning on their own

James 3:13-18 i'll screenshot what is written in King James for everyone to see where you're quoting to buttress your wrong notion!
ACHORLADEY: allow the reader to decide you did not screen shot all other scriptures cited previously. Continue!!!!

All the instructions was directed to a unique group

ACHORLADEY: the group you and I know as Christians back then and now

,take note of the word "AMONG YOU" of course God's word isn't for those who aren't willing to accept Jesus as their Messiah! "PEACE" crown it all,please who are those looking for peace? Is it those going about trying to settle differences by mouth to mouth discussion or those who only face their worship? Is it those who will NEVER carry weapons for any reason whatsoever or those keeping weapons to settle disputes? Verse 17 said "easy to be intreated" meaning "willing to obey" or "agreeing to a form of standard", please who amongst you having different doctrines and beliefs(not ready for unified convictions) could be said to be "easy to be intreated"? My friend you're just quoting without first meditating on what you read!
"AMONG YOU" is directed to who? Please choose A. Jehovah's witnesses alone. B.Christians alone as they were known in the first century and now.
Carrying weapons alone is not the only requirement that identifies peaceful people.
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by enimooko: 11:31am On May 28, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

If you like convince yourself. Provide the bible passage where God said he will slaughter people because they chose not to pay allegiance to a publishing company called watchtower organization
Show us where they mentioned governing body in the bible
Show me where joining an organization will lead to salvation
You yourself said "They are boldly written in your publications." Since you've been reading it keep making needed adjustments
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by enimooko: 11:34am On May 28, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

Where are the bible passages. If you like say what I didn't ask you. Talk from here to Jericho. If you cannot provide Bible passages that states that an organization is the only way to salvation or jehovah will slaughter people because they chose not to pay allegiance to an organization or where they mentioned governing body then watchtower organization is a big fraud.

Show me Bible passage.
grin grin grin One more time....Acts of Apostles 15:1-41

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (86) (Reply)

Prophetess Mary Olubori Twerks For Her Husband (Pics + Video) / Penuel Mnguni: "I Was Tricked By TB Joshua In Nigeria" - Snake Pastor Says / The Glory Dome: New Dunamis 100,000 Seater Journey (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.