Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,413 members, 7,815,925 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:06 PM

Fayose: Buhari Is An Embarrassment For Blaming Gaddafi For Herdsmen Killings - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayose: Buhari Is An Embarrassment For Blaming Gaddafi For Herdsmen Killings (23241 Views)

President Buhari Blames Gaddafi For Herdsmen Crisis / Reno Omokri's Tweet About Kachikwu, Atiku, Fayose & Buhari Got Twitter Boiling / Fayose: Buhari On Life-Support, Needs Prayer, Presidency Must Tell Us Truth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fayose: Buhari Is An Embarrassment For Blaming Gaddafi For Herdsmen Killings by lexy2014: 3:51pm On Apr 15, 2018
Babacele:
@ lexy2014 please read the article carefully.

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
Libya: Weapons Proliferation and
Regional Stability in the Sahel
BY HELIOS GLOBAL
• AUGUST 30, 2013
L ibyan weapons have further
militarized movements in Africa.
The 2011 fall of Libyan leader
Muammar al-Qaddafi and the
subsequent breakdown in order in
Libya, has been a major
contributor to the instability
plaguing large swaths of the Sahel
region and Northwest Africa. In
particular, the flow of weapons,
such as a multitude of small arms
and light weapons (SALW) and
explosives, from liberated Libyan
military stockpiles into the
surrounding countries has
galvanized existing political
opposition currents, separatist
movements, and transnational
militant groups.
Much of the concern regarding
the impact of weapons
proliferation out of Libya
emphasizes the potential threat of
man-portable air defense systems
(MANPADS) falling into the hands
of radical Islamist militant groups,
such as al-Qaeda or one of its
regional or international affiliates.
In light of the persistent threat of
international terrorism as it relates
to commercial air travel, such
concerns remain valid. Yet it has
been the residual impact of the
proliferation of SALW and
explosives on regional stability
and security, that has posed the
most immediate threats to what is
an already precarious political and
security environment.
Mali, which has experienced
severe unrest since January 2012
– including ethnic Tuareg-led
insurrections, radical Islamist
insurgency, and a military-led
coup d’état – has been the most
dramatic example of the region’s
post-Qaddafi volatility; Chad and
Niger have also been forced to
deal with fallout from the Libyan
revolt. Algeria has experienced a
noticeable uptick of violence,
including the January 2013 attack
against the Tigantourine natural
gas facility in Amenas in eastern
Algeria along the Algerian-Libyan
border. The attack at Amenas was
orchestrated by militants
associated with an offshoot of al-
Qaeda’s North African affiliate, al-
Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb
(AQIM), known as al-Mulathameen
(The Masked Ones). Nigeria
believes that radical Islamist
militants affiliated with Boko
Haram have also been
emboldened by their access to
Libyan arms. While lying outside
of the geographic space that is
the subject of this analysis, the
increase in violence in Egypt’s
Sinai region is also being partially
attributed to the influx of
smuggled Libyan arms into
Egyptian territory.
To date, the proliferation of Libyan
weapons has further militarized
numerous existing political
opposition and radical movements
and afforded opportunities for
other violent and irregular actors
to pursue their own objectives.
Qaddafi’s fall was followed by a
troubled political transition that
remains marred by violence
between rival factions and militias,
resulting in a power vacuum in
one of the region’s most
militarized states. As Libya
struggles to consolidate its
domestic political institutions and
establish some semblance of law
and order, SALW and explosives
proliferation stemming from within
its borders will continue unabated.
Consequently, the countries lying
within the Sahel and Northwest
Africa will continue to have their
security undermined by
developments in Libya.

again ur report is deficient with regards d topic under review which is buharis claim that Gaddafi's death is responsible 4d activities of killer herdsmen in Nigeria. Yes Gaddafi's stockpile was plundered and they have obviously found their way into d black market, both weapons & ammunition. No one is contesting that. What we are contesting is what have these got 2do with killer herdsmen in Nigeria. Ur report doesn't say
Re: Fayose: Buhari Is An Embarrassment For Blaming Gaddafi For Herdsmen Killings by Babacele: 11:56pm On Apr 15, 2018
lexy2014:
again ur report is deficient with regards d topic under review which is buharis claim that Gaddafi's death is responsible 4d activities of killer herdsmen in Nigeria. Yes Gaddafi's stockpile was plundered and they have obviously found their way into d black market, both weapons & ammunition. No one is contesting that. What we are contesting is what have these got 2do with killer herdsmen in Nigeria. Ur report doesn't say
any right thinking persons conversant with terrorism trends in Africa and especially in Sahelian Africa knows that arms proliferation by Gaddafi's trained dissidents are aiding local violence and have been enhancing terror in some African nations including Nigeria to which many links I posted earlier have shown but since your mind is made up to blame Buhari, you refused to read to cure your biased ignorance.

I am quoting the exact words of PMB to the Archbishop below which you lots have been deliberately misquoting:

“The problem is even older
than us. It has always been there
but now made worse by the influx
of armed gunmen from the Sahel
region into different parts of the
West African sub-region. These
gunmen were trained and armed
by Muammar Gadaffi of Libya.
When he was killed, the gunmen
escaped with their arms. We
encountered some of them
fighting with Boko Haram.
Herdsmen that we used to know
carried only sticks and maybe a
cutlass to clear the way, but these
ones now carry sophisticated
weapons. The problem is not
religious, but sociological and
economic. But we are working on
solutions."
Re: Fayose: Buhari Is An Embarrassment For Blaming Gaddafi For Herdsmen Killings by lexy2014: 7:52am On Apr 16, 2018
Babacele:
any right thinking persons conversant with terrorism trends in Africa and especially in Sahelian Africa knows that arms proliferation by Gaddafi's trained dissidents are aiding local violence and have been enhancing terror in some African nations including Nigeria to which many links I posted earlier have shown but since your mind is made up to blame Buhari, you refused to read to cure your biased ignorance.

I am quoting the exact words of PMB to the Archbishop below which you lots have been deliberately misquoting:

encountered some of them
solutions."

let me help u once more cos u seem 2 enjoy running off track. D topic of discussion is on d veracity of d claim made by buhari that there's a connection between d death of Gaddafi and d activities of Fulani herdsmen in Nigeria.

First, u have alluded 2d fact that d Fulani herdsmen are Gaddafi's men but ur story above is now changing 2 arms proliferation.
Babacele:
many of his 'boys' ran back to their bases Mali, Chad ,Sudan etc after the fall of Gaddafi and went with the arms and training gained therefrom and with collusion from their government officials who were helped into positions by Gaddafi in the first place, a new breed of local terrorism with regional coordination was birthed in Sahel Africa. Especially through Mali and Chad, these rogues came to Nigeria with heavy scars behind in form of cattle rustling, robbery and killing of Nigerians while PDP pretended to be lameduck thereby allowing these terrorists infiltrate our territories.

[quote author=Babacele post=66685545]

Cause earlier, i asked u a no of pertinent questions which up till now u haven't been able 2 answer. I shared with u d statements from d ministers of defence, interior & agriculture which contradict ur theory that Gaddafi's guys are d same people as herdsmen except u are of d opinion that they are and d govt wants 2 give them cattle colonies. U haven't been able 2 contradict or answer these points I have raised. All u have done is copy&paste.

All d reports u copied and pasted all talk about d sahel. I asked several times, did d reports say anything about herdsmen? Did d reports say that d guys operating in d sahel are now in Nigeria? U are bringing a study about countries in d sahel. Is Nigeria in d sahel? Nigeria along with Benin republic, Togo, Ghana, ivory coast, guinea all border d sahel. How come Gaddafi's guys arent metamorphosing into herdsmen there? (Or do u need time 2 check Google 4 this?)

Like I told u earlier, Google only provides u info. Ur ability 2 read shows u are literate. But if u are just content with that then its unfortunate. Cos beyond literacy is education, which means I can not only read, I can also decipher and analyse. D difference between me&a robot is that I can ask questions. Thats d backbone of science. D essence of asking questions is 4 clarification.

I don't no where u read that I blamed buhari. That's a very emotional statement. D president is accountable 2 Nigerians, both in words&action. That means his actions&statements are open 2 public scrutiny. Last I checked, no law prevents that

1 Like

Re: Fayose: Buhari Is An Embarrassment For Blaming Gaddafi For Herdsmen Killings by Babacele: 3:41am On Apr 17, 2018
lexy2014:
let me help u once more cos u seem 2 enjoy running off track. D topic of discussion is on d veracity of d claim made by buhari that there's a connection between d death of Gaddafi and d activities of Fulani herdsmen in Nigeria.

First, u have alluded 2d fact that d Fulani herdsmen are Gaddafi's men but ur story above is now changing 2 arms proliferation.
I ashamed about your pompous ignorance and despite the fact that I have deliberately ignored some of your uninformed assumptions thinking you would have realised your folly by now, but alas you still don't get it!

First , how can you insinuate if Nigeria is not in the Sahel? If you don't know your country , how am I sure you would understand the people, events and the socio geographical dynamics in the country? It is obvious you refuse to read but would want to lead with ignorance thereby misleading hapless persons who take your cocky appearance as an intellectual display. Sorry , Nigeria is in the Sahel.

You talked about FG paying some herdsmen until I corrected you that it was El rufai who did that , and that you have full gist. For your information, in 2016 The Kaduna state Govt set up a committee chaired by a Christian southern Kaduna and a retired military General - Gen Martin Luther Agwai to find out the remote cause herdsmen- farmers attack and to also recommend solutions. One of which is the payment to certain bitter herdsmen who were victims of an attack.

Audu Ogbe's cattle colony is just a suggestion and a probable solution to a festering problem which needs a several attentions.

Of course not many of us agree Dambazau. Nobody can justify or excuse the crimes of the criminals hiding as herdsmen no matter the provocation. Dambazau condemned the Benue killings but I'm not just comfortable with his heading the internal security for certain reasons long before the Benue killings. Oh I forgot to point out that one of the Ortom's boys being fingered in his complicity in the Benue debacle was trained in Libya too?
Re: Fayose: Buhari Is An Embarrassment For Blaming Gaddafi For Herdsmen Killings by lexy2014: 8:55am On Apr 17, 2018
Babacele:
I ashamed about your pompous ignorance and despite the fact that I have deliberately ignored some of your uninformed assumptions thinking you would have realised your folly by now, but alas you still don't get it!

First , how can you insinuate if Nigeria is not in the Sahel? If you don't know your country , how am I sure you would understand the people, events and the socio geographical dynamics in the country? It is obvious you refuse to read but would want to lead with ignorance thereby misleading hapless persons who take your cocky appearance as an intellectual display. Sorry , Nigeria is in the Sahel.

You talked about FG paying some herdsmen until I corrected you that it was El rufai who did that , and that you have full gist. For your information, in 2016 The Kaduna state Govt set up a committee chaired by a Christian southern Kaduna and a retired military General - Gen Martin Luther Agwai to find out the remote cause herdsmen- farmers attack and to also recommend solutions. One of which is the payment to certain bitter herdsmen who were victims of an attack.

Audu Ogbe's cattle colony is just a suggestion and a probable solution to a festering problem which needs a several attentions.

Of course not many of us agree Dambazau. Nobody can justify or excuse the crimes of the criminals hiding as herdsmen no matter the provocation. Dambazau condemned the Benue killings but I'm not just comfortable with his heading the internal security for certain reasons long before the Benue killings. Oh I forgot to point out that one of the Ortom's boys being fingered in his complicity in the Benue debacle was trained in Libya too?

nothing more 2 copy&paste?at least there's s change. D reason u ignored my "uninformed assumptions" is because u don't have d answers. D problem with u is that as long as u can't find d answers 2 counter my assumptions on Google, u are stuck. Nothing 2 say but 2 get emotional. That's y I encouraged u 2 use ur brain, think. Query every information u receive.

Maybe u have redrawn d map of Africa that has now placed Nigeria in d sahel. Am curious. Get urself a nice atlas or u can go 2 ur Google 4a sneak peek. But if u insist that Nigeria is in d sahel, that means Togo, Benin republic, Ghana, guinea and ivory coast are also in d sahel. That's y I asked u earlier how come Gaddafi guys aren't operating in these countries as killer herdsmen since u claim that's their modus operandi?

Ur write up seems a desperate attempt 2 prove a point but @ d same time u are loosing focus. What are we really discussing? We are arguing 4 and against d gaddafi connection in d herdsmen crisis in nigeria. Whether it is el rufai or FG that is paying "cattle owners", d question I asked u which u have failed to answer is that are these cattle owners d same as Gaddafi loyalists?

When I talked about d 3 ministers, I said they made " statements". Am sure u no what that means. So I don't c d relevance of u telling me it was a suggestion. Did I tell u it wasn't a suggestion. What I asked u which u have failed to answer is if u say d Fulani herdsmen are Gaddafi guys, does it make sense 4d FG 2 give these foreign criminal elements cattle colonies?

Whether u choose 2 agree with dambazzau or not isn't d issue. Whether u are comfortable with him heading d interior ministry isn't my problem. I didn't ask u if he condemned d Benue attack or not. That's not we are talking about. D question was in d statement that he made, where is d Gaddafi connection. D minister of defence also spoke and said d herdsmen went on a killing spree cause they were reacting 2d anti grazing law. Where is d Gaddafi connection in that statement? That's d "uninformed assumption" u haven't been able to answer.

D fact is that dambazzau spoke as a high ranking official of govt. Funny enough in one of ur paste jobs, buhari confirmed dambazzau's position. below is buharis statement from one of ur paste jobs.

"The problem is not
economic."

So if d president said this and dambazzau said d herdsmen crisis is economic, where's d Gaddafi connection in these statements?

When u keep boasting that u can read, I wonder what it is u say u can read. Try and understand and critically analyse information b4 u copy and paste
Re: Fayose: Buhari Is An Embarrassment For Blaming Gaddafi For Herdsmen Killings by Babacele: 9:56am On Apr 17, 2018
lexy2014:
nothing more 2 copy&paste?at least there's s change. D reason u ignored my "uninformed assumptions" is because u don't have d answers. D problem with u is that as long as u can't find d answers 2 counter my assumptions on Google, u are stuck. Nothing 2 say but 2 get emotional. That's y I encouraged u 2 use ur brain, think. Query every information u receive.

Maybe u have redrawn d map of Africa that has now placed Nigeria in d sahel. Am curious. Get urself a nice atlas or u can go 2 ur Google 4a sneak peek. But if u insist that Nigeria is in d sahel, that means Togo, Benin republic, Ghana, guinea and ivory coast are also in d sahel. That's y I asked u earlier how come Gaddafi guys aren't operating in these countries as killer herdsmen since u claim that's their modus operandi?

Ur write up seems a desperate attempt 2 prove a point but @ d same time u are loosing focus. What are we really discussing? We are arguing 4 and against d gaddafi connection in d herdsmen crisis in nigeria. Whether it is el rufai or FG that is paying "cattle owners", d question I asked u which u have failed to answer is that are these cattle owners d same as Gaddafi loyalists?

When I talked about d 3 ministers, I said they made " statements". Am sure u no what that means. So I don't c d relevance of u telling me it was a suggestion. Did I tell u it wasn't a suggestion. What I asked u which u have failed to answer is if u say d Fulani herdsmen are Gaddafi guys, does it make sense 4d FG 2 give these foreign criminal elements cattle colonies?

Whether u choose 2 agree with dambazzau or not isn't d issue. Whether u are comfortable with him heading d interior ministry isn't my problem. I didn't ask u if he condemned d Benue attack or not. That's not we are talking about. D question was in d statement that he made, where is d Gaddafi connection. D minister of defence also spoke and said d herdsmen went on a killing spree cause they were reacting 2d anti grazing law. Where is d Gaddafi connection in that statement? That's d "uninformed assumption" u haven't been able to answer.

D fact is that dambazzau spoke as a high ranking official of govt. Funny enough in one of ur paste jobs, buhari confirmed dambazzau's position. below is buharis statement from one of ur paste jobs.

"The problem is not
economic."

So if d president said this and dambazzau said d herdsmen crisis is economic, where's d Gaddafi connection in these statements?

When u keep boasting that u can read, I wonder what it is u say u can read. Try and understand and critically analyse information b4 u copy and paste
the problem with folks like you is that once fixated, you are difficult to reason with. All the Google links with credible records on the Gaddafi's connection to new fledging terrorism in Africa in general and in Nigeria particularly you mischievously deliberately ignored because it destroys the foundation of your uninformed views.

Did the herdsmen -farmers clash start in Buhari's regime. No.

Were these clashes these violent before? No. Have the clashes become violent and dangerous long before this administration? Yes.
Why? What factors could responsible-Gaddafi, fifth columnists, desertification, PDP? etc Yes.

So what is the Gaddafi's connection PMB mentioned in the UK last week?

encountered some of them
solutions."

So what is the headache?
Re: Fayose: Buhari Is An Embarrassment For Blaming Gaddafi For Herdsmen Killings by lexy2014: 10:41am On Apr 17, 2018
Babacele:
the problem with folks like you is that once fixated, you are difficult to reason with. All the Google links with credible records on the Gaddafi's connection to new fledging terrorism in Africa in general and in Nigeria particularly you mischievously deliberately ignored because it destroys the foundation of your uninformed views.

Did the herdsmen -farmers clash start in Buhari's regime. No.

Were these clashes these violent before? No. Have the clashes become violent and dangerous long before this administration? Yes.
Why? What factors could responsible-Gaddafi, fifth columnists, desertification, PDP? etc Yes.

So what is the Gaddafi's connection PMB mentioned in the UK last week?

encountered some of them
solutions."

So what is the headache?

Na wa oh. C confusion. U are asking me question am asking u. Now look at d last 3 lines of buharis statement u copied&pasted. There's both d economic and sociological. D economic speaks of land, which confirms dambazzau's position. D sociological speaks of how farming & cattle rearing cultures have interacted over time. This is d r/ship d president spoke about when he said d issues have been on 4 centuries. This is not in dispute. Let me remind u again about d focus of d discussion, what is d Gaddafi connection in this discussion and in d points I have raised so far? U still haven't been able 2 answer that. u are still copying and pasting without understanding. So d presidents statement that d herdsmen crisis is economic & sociological implies that it is a local not an international issue which debunks ur claim that d herdsmen are actually Gaddafi's guys.

4d fact that d president said something doesn't mean that u shouldn't use ur brain. U aren't a robot.

If it were an international issue as u allege, y would d minister of defence say d herdsmen were reacting 2d anti grazing law? Have gaddafis men now become cattle owners in nigeria? Y would d minister of agriculture b thinking of giving Gaddafi guys cattle colonies in Nigeria? Y would d governor of Kaduna state b paying cattle owners if they are Gaddafi boys? Does it add up? So there are several contradictions in d presidents statement and that of his officials. That's d reason 4 questioning d so called Gaddafi connection.

All d studies u copied and pasted talked about terrorism in Mali, chad, Niger&Algeria but didn't mention d herdsmen crisis in Nigeria. D studies did not in anyway link d death of Gaddafi to d herdsmen crisis in Nigeria. That's y I said that u don't even understand what u are copying and pasting and u seem not 2b focused on d discussion. Pls look @ topic of this thread 4 more clarity. Again do well 2 familiarise urself with which countries make up d sahel cause if in ur wisdom u have included Nigeria in that belt, u can as well add Ghana, guinea, ivory coast, Benin republic and Togo. Read ur paste job very well specifically lines 4,5,6 u will c what I mean
Re: Fayose: Buhari Is An Embarrassment For Blaming Gaddafi For Herdsmen Killings by Babacele: 11:32am On Apr 17, 2018
lexy2014:
Na wa oh. C confusion. U are asking me question am asking u. Now look at d last 3 lines of buharis statement u copied&pasted. There's both d economic and sociological. D economic speaks of land, which confirms dambazzau's position. D sociological speaks of how farming & cattle rearing cultures have interacted over time. This is d r/ship d president spoke about when he said d issues have been on 4 centuries. This is not in dispute. Let me remind u again about d focus of d discussion, what is d Gaddafi connection in this discussion and in d points I have raised so far? U still haven't been able 2 answer that. u are still copying and pasting without understanding. So d presidents statement that d herdsmen crisis is economic & sociological implies that it is a local not an international issue which debunks ur claim that d herdsmen are actually Gaddafi's guys.

4d fact that d president said something doesn't mean that u shouldn't use ur brain. U aren't a robot.

If it were an international issue as u allege, y would d minister of defence say d herdsmen were reacting 2d anti grazing law? Have gaddafis men now become cattle owners in nigeria? Y would d minister of agriculture b thinking of giving Gaddafi guys cattle colonies in Nigeria? Y would d governor of Kaduna state b paying cattle owners if they are Gaddafi boys? Does it add up? So there are several contradictions in d presidents statement and that of his officials. That's d reason 4 questioning d so called Gaddafi connection.

All d studies u copied and pasted talked about terrorism in Mali, chad, Niger&Algeria but didn't mention d herdsmen crisis in Nigeria. D studies did not in anyway link d death of Gaddafi to d herdsmen crisis in Nigeria. That's y I said that u don't even understand what u are copying and pasting and u seem not 2b focused on d discussion. Pls look @ topic of this thread 4 more clarity. Again do well 2 familiarise urself with which countries make up d sahel cause if in ur wisdom u have included Nigeria in that belt, u can as well add Ghana, guinea, ivory coast, Benin republic and Togo. Read ur paste job very well specifically lines 4,5,6 u will c what I mean
if I included Nigeria in the Sahel? Primary School would easily laugh at you. So because there is terrorist attacks in the world means there are no nations without terrorism? Why are you mischievously avoiding mentioning Chad, Niger , Mali, Sudan etc that share in our experience and where the effect of Gaddafi's connection are present and documented before 2015? Isn't that dishonest escapism ?
Re: Fayose: Buhari Is An Embarrassment For Blaming Gaddafi For Herdsmen Killings by lexy2014: 12:36pm On Apr 17, 2018
Babacele:
if I included Nigeria in the Sahel? Primary School would easily laugh at you. So because there is terrorist attacks in the world means there are no nations without terrorism? Why are you mischievously avoiding mentioning Chad, Niger , Mali, Sudan etc that share in our experience and where the effect of Gaddafi's connection are present and documented before 2015? Isn't that dishonest escapism ?
what exactly have u said and what is its relevance 2 this discussion? What u have typed is just like mixing yam, garri, amala, akpu, rice together all in one meal. I clearly don't c what it is u are trying 2 communicate with d above. Like I told u earlier, there's a desperation on ur part 2 make a point but each time u do, u shoot urself in d foot. Again, u are reading but u are not understanding what u are reading hence ur responses lack depth. There's d input which is what u read and d output which is ur response 2 what u read. D problem is with d way u process d input, hence ur output is always rag tag &disjointed. I have tried 2 encourage u, don't b in a haste 2 make a response. When u read something try 2 understand it. If u don't understand it don't respond just 4d sake of responding. Fall back on ur education not ur literacy and u will sound better.
lexy2014:

All d studies u copied and pasted talked about terrorism in Mali, chad, Niger&Algeria but didn't mention d herdsmen crisis in Nigeria.
Did u read this at all in my last post? Mind u its not even d first time I mentioned these countries. U mentioned Sudan again. There are two sudans and I asked u earlier which of d Sudan are u referring to?
Re: Fayose: Buhari Is An Embarrassment For Blaming Gaddafi For Herdsmen Killings by Babacele: 1:20pm On Apr 17, 2018
lexy2014:
what exactly have u said and what is its relevance 2 this discussion? What u have typed is just like mixing yam, garri, amala, akpu, rice together all in one meal. I clearly don't c what it is u are trying 2 communicate with d above. Like I told u earlier, there's a desperation on ur part 2 make a point but each time u do, u shoot urself in d foot. Again, u are reading but u are not understanding what u are reading hence ur responses lack depth. There's d input which is what u read and d output which is ur response 2 what u read. D problem is with d way u process d input, hence ur output is always rag tag &disjointed. I have tried 2 encourage u, don't b in a haste 2 make a response. When u read something try 2 understand it. If u don't understand it don't respond just 4d sake of responding. Fall back on ur education not ur literacy and u will sound better.
Did u read this at all in my last post? Mind u its not even d first time I mentioned these countries. U mentioned Sudan again. There are two sudans and I asked u earlier which of d Sudan are u referring to?
What I'm saying is that what as Ghana and co you mentioned got to do with Gaddafi's effect as regards local terrorism in Nigeria , Chad, Niger, Mali etc? these are known places where violence is being aided systematic ally in different disguises by the entrant of trained gunmen that ran away from Libya after the fall of Gaddafi in the past one decade which our President alluded at Canterbury but you are too biasedly ignorantly daft to admit or simply appreciate it. If you don't know that Nigeria is the Sahel, why wasting my time thinking you can appreciate the dynamics of cross-border terrorism influenced from abroad?
Re: Fayose: Buhari Is An Embarrassment For Blaming Gaddafi For Herdsmen Killings by lexy2014: 1:58pm On Apr 17, 2018
Babacele:
What I'm saying is that what as Ghana and co you mentioned got to do with Gaddafi's effect as regards local terrorism in Nigeria , Chad, Niger, Mali etc? these are known places where violence is being aided systematic ally in different disguises by the entrant of trained gunmen that ran away from Libya after the fall of Gaddafi in the past one decade which our President alluded at Canterbury but you are too biasedly ignorantly daft to admit or simply appreciate it. If you don't know that Nigeria is the Sahel, why wasting my time thinking you can appreciate the dynamics of cross-border terrorism influenced from abroad?
u don't need 2 start getting emotional, alright. Let's take it one step @ a time. There's a reason I said that when u read u don't even no what u are reading& with each post u make, u keep justifying me. U are reading but not understanding & ur desperation 2 respond is making u look like a person trying 2 climb an oily and slippery poll.

Am getting d impression that u aren't familiar with d map of west Africa. Now if u look @ d map, u will find out that Nigeria along with Ghana, Benin republic, Togo, ivory coast, cameroon and Guinea are in d same belt. So if in ur wisdom u now place Nigeria in d sahel, that means u have automatically moved all these countries to d sahel region. U get d picture?Again, if u are saying that d activities of Gaddafi guys are rampant in d sahel hence spilling into Nigeria in d form of d Fulani herdsmen phenomenon (which is d topic of this thread), y haven't they spilled into d countries I mentioned that share d same geographic belt with Nigeria? 4 your information, d countries I mentioned which are in d same belt with Nigeria all have herdsmen& farmers. Y aren't we hearing of Gaddafi guys posing as herdsmen running around with guns killing farmers?

I helped u 2 make sense of buharis statement that d herdsmen issue is both sociological and economic. And I have supported it with d statements of high ranking officials of this govt which clearly contradicts d Gaddafi connection theory. That's y I have asked u on several occasions if u say d killer herdsmen are actually Gaddafi guys, does it make sense 4d minister of agriculture 2b contemplating giving them cattle colonies? Does it make 4d minister of defence 2b justifying d activities of these foreign criminal elements on Nigerian soil with their grievance against d anti-grazing law? This is where ur education should kick in

NB: the federal govt doesn't call d Fulani herdsmen terrorists. It calls them criminals
Re: Fayose: Buhari Is An Embarrassment For Blaming Gaddafi For Herdsmen Killings by Babacele: 2:22pm On Apr 17, 2018
lexy2014:
u don't need 2 start getting emotional, alright. Let's take it one step @ a time. There's a reason I said that when u read u don't even no what u are reading& with each post u make, u keep justifying me. U are reading but not understanding & ur desperation 2 respond is making u look like a person trying 2 climb an oily and slippery poll.

Am getting d impression that u aren't familiar with d map of west Africa. Now if u look @ d map, u will find out that Nigeria along with Ghana, Benin republic, Togo, ivory coast, cameroon and Guinea are in d same belt. So if in ur wisdom u now place Nigeria in d sahel, that means u have automatically moved all these countries to d sahel region. U get d picture?Again, if u are saying that d activities of Gaddafi guys are rampant in d sahel hence spilling into Nigeria in d form of d Fulani herdsmen phenomenon (which is d topic of this thread), y haven't they spilled into d countries I mentioned that share d same geographic belt with Nigeria? 4 your information, d countries I mentioned which are in d same belt with Nigeria all have herdsmen& farmers. Y aren't we hearing of Gaddafi guys posing as herdsmen running around with guns killing farmers?

I helped u 2 make sense of buharis statement that d herdsmen issue is both sociological and economic. And I have supported it with d statements of high ranking officials of this govt which clearly contradicts d Gaddafi connection theory. That's y I have asked u on several occasions if u say d killer herdsmen are actually Gaddafi guys, does it make sense 4d minister of agriculture 2b contemplating giving them cattle colonies? Does it make 4d minister of defence 2b justifying d activities of these foreign criminal elements on Nigerian soil with their grievance against d anti-grazing law? This is where ur education should kick in

NB: the federal govt doesn't call d Fulani herdsmen terrorists. It calls them criminals

it is basic known Geography that Nigeria has about 7 vegetational zones including the Sahel savanna. Do you know why?

Most of our neighbors including Ghana are experiencing serious herdsmen - farmers clashes and we are saying it is becoming more violent and sophisticated by the influence of the Gaddafi's factor in form of arms proliferation and brigandage which was alien to the old known herdsmen . It is this influence as an abbeting factor in the change in modes of operation of " herdsmen" he was discussing with His Eminence in Canterbury which local terrorist like Fayose deliberately misrepresented!

Herdsmen beg as Ghana Police
boss gives personnel 'shoot ...
https://www.vanguardngr.com
News
17 Jan 2018 · Herdsmen beg as
Ghana Police boss gives
personnel 'shoot, kill on sight'
order ... as a result of the frequent
herdsmen/farmers clash resulting
in killings and raping of many
defenseless people.
From Ghana to Ivory Coast: How
herdsmen have been ...
https://www.thecable.ng › ...
17 Jan 2018 · Clashes between
farmers and nomadic herders
across West Africa are beginning
to look like the norm, with each
country taking its share of the
violence. Residents of Logo and
Guma ...
Violent Shepherds: The ugly story
of clashes between nomadic ...
https://www.myjoyonline.com
news › v...
16 Nov 2017 · This is a detailed
story about the clashes between
nomadic herdsmen and local
farmers in parts of ... This farming
community in the Kwahu East
District of the Eastern Region of
Ghana is now a ...
Dozens buried after herdsmen,
local farmers clash in Nigeria ...
citifmonline.com › 2018/01/12 ›
dozens-...
12 Jan 2018 · A mass burial of
more than 70 people is under way
in Nigeria's central Benue State.
Dozens have been killed in
conflicts between nomadic
herdsmen and farming
communities in three states ...
Farmers, nomadic herdsmen clash
in Ghana | Africa | DW ...
Re: Fayose: Buhari Is An Embarrassment For Blaming Gaddafi For Herdsmen Killings by lexy2014: 3:27pm On Apr 17, 2018
Babacele:
it is basic known Geography that Nigeria has about 7 vegetational zones including the Sahel savanna. Do you know why?

Most of our neighbors including Ghana are experiencing serious herdsmen - farmers clashes and we are saying it is becoming more violent and sophisticated by the influence of the Gaddafi's factor in form of arms proliferation and brigandage which was alien to the old known herdsmen . It is this influence as an abbeting factor in the change in modes of operation of " herdsmen" he was discussing with His Eminence in Canterbury which local terrorist like Fayose deliberately misrepresented!

Herdsmen beg as Ghana Police
boss gives personnel 'shoot ...
https://www.vanguardngr.com
News
17 Jan 2018 · Herdsmen beg as
Ghana Police boss gives
personnel 'shoot, kill on sight'
order ... as a result of the frequent
herdsmen/farmers clash resulting
in killings and raping of many
defenseless people.
From Ghana to Ivory Coast: How
herdsmen have been ...
https://www.thecable.ng › ...
17 Jan 2018 · Clashes between
farmers and nomadic herders
across West Africa are beginning
to look like the norm, with each
country taking its share of the
violence. Residents of Logo and
Guma ...
Violent Shepherds: The ugly story
of clashes between nomadic ...
https://www.myjoyonline.com
news › v...
16 Nov 2017 · This is a detailed
story about the clashes between
nomadic herdsmen and local
farmers in parts of ... This farming
community in the Kwahu East
District of the Eastern Region of
Ghana is now a ...
Dozens buried after herdsmen,
local farmers clash in Nigeria ...
citifmonline.com › 2018/01/12 ›
dozens-...
12 Jan 2018 · A mass burial of
more than 70 people is under way
in Nigeria's central Benue State.
Dozens have been killed in
conflicts between nomadic
herdsmen and farming
communities in three states ...
Farmers, nomadic herdsmen clash
in Ghana | Africa | DW ...
i watched this report u just put about Ghana in TV sometime ago. In that report, I saw d commissioner giving an order 4 cows 2b killed and I also saw d herdsmen pleading 4 their cows 2b spared. D herdsmen pleading werent gaddafis guys, they were ghanaians. Which brings us back 2d economic dimension of d issue which is land. My argument with u is that u say Gaddafi's guys are parading themselves as herdsmen all over d place. Do they now have cattle they are rearing in west Africa? Is it d cattle of Gaddafi's herdsmen that are destroying crops everywhere? Are they d same people begging 4 their cattle not 2b killed in Ghana?
Re: Fayose: Buhari Is An Embarrassment For Blaming Gaddafi For Herdsmen Killings by Babacele: 3:40pm On Apr 17, 2018
lexy2014:
i watched this report u just put about Ghana in TV sometime ago. In that report, I saw d commissioner giving an order 4 cows 2b killed and I also saw d herdsmen pleading 4 their cows 2b spared. D herdsmen pleading werent gaddafis guys, they were ghanaians. Which brings us back 2d economic dimension of d issue which is land. My argument with u is that u say Gaddafi's guys are parading themselves as herdsmen all over d place. Do they now have cattle they are rearing in west Africa? Is it d cattle of Gaddafi's herdsmen that are destroying crops everywhere? Are they d same people begging 4 their cattle not 2b killed in Ghana?
you still don't understand. We have been living relatively 'peaceful' with our herdsmen before now despite the occasional clashes. Right? Good. But suddenly these ' peace' has changed in the last one decade to sophisticated robbery/ rustlling, well planned military -like attacks on hapless citizen and government as well as private businesses alike, terrorism etc which there are irrefutable evidences that this change in attitude came about by the mingling of these persons with the Gaddafi's factors. I hope u 'd understand this algebra.
Re: Fayose: Buhari Is An Embarrassment For Blaming Gaddafi For Herdsmen Killings by lexy2014: 3:45pm On Apr 17, 2018
Babacele:
you still don't understand. We have been living relatively 'peaceful' with our herdsmen before now despite the occasional clashes. Right? Good. But suddenly these ' peace' has changed in the last one decade to sophisticated robbery/ rustlling, well planned military -like attacks on hapless citizen and government as well as private businesses alike, terrorism etc which there are irrefutable evidences that this change in attitude came about by the mingling of these persons with the Gaddafi's factors. I hope u 'd understand this algebra.
and d aliens can't b detected in d general population? Herdsmen/farmer communities are relatively small&sparsely populated. It will b easy to spot a stranger in those communities in a flash. Or are these Gaddafi guys spirits?

Ur report said 2018. Gaddafi died in 2011 and his stockpile made its way into d black market immediately. This was a one off supply 2d black market which means by now ammunition from that stockpile should b exhausted
Re: Fayose: Buhari Is An Embarrassment For Blaming Gaddafi For Herdsmen Killings by Babacele: 4:08pm On Apr 17, 2018
lexy2014:
and d aliens can't b detected in d general population? Herdsmen/farmer communities are relatively small&sparsely populated. It will b easy to spot a stranger in those communities in a flash. Or are these Gaddafi guys spirits?
you still don't understand. Do you how difficult to trace or pin oil pipeline bombing to a particular set of militant from Bayelsa, Ondo, Lagos, Edo to Kogi and up Nasawara because the vast water stretch makes it easy to disappear into thin air abi water self?
But if we have ranches or colony or whatever all over the country registered against known persons, it would be difficult for a Tuareg from Niger dressing like a Fulani or non Nigerian Fulani to cross our porous borders flaunting only Hausa or fulfude which is spoken across 14 nations pretending to be grazing with his cattle to travel unnoticed by our security forces.

Second, even if you have been trained in Libya and are vast in terrorism, farm ranches limits your chances of hiding under cattle grazing to unleash mayhem.

I know a Fulani whose 150 cattle was rusttled in 2014 by these foreign elements in connivance with local folks. 6 months later Baba Habibat died of heart attack and the then 14 year old Habibat who was really intrested in schooling got married 1 and a half year later to 'help' the family . But you won't ever hear this and similar stories in the popular media.
Re: Fayose: Buhari Is An Embarrassment For Blaming Gaddafi For Herdsmen Killings by ItsMeAboki(m): 5:37pm On Apr 17, 2018
After all the misrepresentations/misinterpretations and campaign of calumny against Mr President, it would appear there are emerging evidence that would that postulation; because someone opened a front page thread here in Nairaland, with photos of dead foreign fighters allegedly killed in Benue.

https://www.nairaland.com/4457420/foreigners-heading-benue-cause-havoc

However, it would also appear that there is a conspiracy to silence the evidence by some MODs here; because the thread has been closed for no apparent reason - you can all access the above link and judge for yourselves.
Re: Fayose: Buhari Is An Embarrassment For Blaming Gaddafi For Herdsmen Killings by lexy2014: 11:41am On Apr 28, 2018
Babacele:
you still don't understand. Do you how difficult to trace or pin oil pipeline bombing to a particular set of militant from Bayelsa, Ondo, Lagos, Edo to Kogi and up Nasawara because the vast water stretch makes it easy to disappear into thin air abi water self?
But if we have ranches or colony or whatever all over the country registered against known persons, it would be difficult for a Tuareg from Niger dressing like a Fulani or non Nigerian Fulani to cross our porous borders flaunting only Hausa or fulfude which is spoken across 14 nations pretending to be grazing with his cattle to travel unnoticed by our security forces.

Second, even if you have been trained in Libya and are vast in terrorism, farm ranches limits your chances of hiding under cattle grazing to unleash mayhem.

I know a Fulani whose 150 cattle was rusttled in 2014 by these foreign elements in connivance with local folks. 6 months later Baba Habibat died of heart attack and the then 14 year old Habibat who was really intrested in schooling got married 1 and a half year later to 'help' the family . But you won't ever hear this and similar stories in the popular media.
when militants blow up pipelines, they blow up pipelines in their vicinity. and since they are locals, their activities will definitely b well known by d locals in d area. d issue of ranching isnt a bad idea as herding is an outdated practice. ur suggestion makes sense and am not against. what i am still trying 2 grapple with is still d pronouncements of d ministers of defence and agriculture. d minister of defence said that d killing of d benue people by herdsmen is justified because they were reacting to d anti grazing law. now if these were d activities of foreign criminal elements, y would d minister of defence make such a statement? y dont we have strong security presence in benue 2 forestall d killings?y was d govt quick 2 send in soldiers 2 "fight" a set of unarmed secessionists in d east but it seems powerless in sending d same soldiers 2 benue 2 protect d lives of benue people? if u still insist these people are foreigners, d minister of agriculture didnt sound that way.
my brother, pls lets not deceive ourselves. d constitution says that "d security and welfare of d people is the primary purpose of govt".this govt has failed in carrying out that constitutional responsibility. all these gaddafi connection are just an excuse 4 failure. its unfortunate that d lives of ordinary nigerians are of no value 2d people who have been given d constitutional responsibility 2 protect them.
Re: Fayose: Buhari Is An Embarrassment For Blaming Gaddafi For Herdsmen Killings by lexy2014: 11:45am On Apr 28, 2018
ItsMeAboki:
After all the misrepresentations/misinterpretations and campaign of calumny against Mr President, it would appear there are emerging evidence that would that postulation; because someone opened a front page thread here in Nairaland, with photos of dead foreign fighters allegedly killed in Benue.

https://www.nairaland.com/4457420/foreigners-heading-benue-cause-havoc

However, it would also appear that there is a conspiracy to silence the evidence by some MODs here; because the thread has been closed for no apparent reason - you can all access the above link and judge for yourselves.
d question is what has been done about it? am not a fan of IPOB but d govt was quick 2 send soldiers 2 engage unarmed secessionists but it seems powerless in tackling these killers. theres virtually no week that theres not a report on people being killed in benue
Re: Fayose: Buhari Is An Embarrassment For Blaming Gaddafi For Herdsmen Killings by Babacele: 6:49pm On Apr 28, 2018
lexy2014:
when militants blow up pipelines, they blow up pipelines in their vicinity. and since they are locals, their activities will definitely b well known by d locals in d area. d issue of ranching isnt a bad idea as herding is an outdated practice. ur suggestion makes sense and am not against. what i am still trying 2 grapple with is still d pronouncements of d ministers of defence and agriculture. d minister of defence said that d killing of d benue people by herdsmen is justified because they were reacting to d anti grazing law. now if these were d activities of foreign criminal elements, y would d minister of defence make such a statement? y dont we have strong security presence in benue 2 forestall d killings?y was d govt quick 2 send in soldiers 2 "fight" a set of unarmed secessionists in d east but it seems powerless in sending d same soldiers 2 benue 2 protect d lives of benue people? if u still insist these people are foreigners, d minister of agriculture didnt sound that way.
my brother, pls lets not deceive ourselves. d constitution says that "d security and welfare of d people is the primary purpose of govt".this govt has failed in carrying out that constitutional responsibility. all these gaddafi connection are just an excuse 4 failure. its unfortunate that d lives of ordinary nigerians are of no value 2d people who have been given d constitutional responsibility 2 protect them.
thought we have passed this street bro. Dambaza was talking total rubbish and it stays that way... told you I don't trust him. Even security reports linked the killings to grazing law which itsnt for this killings started long we came up with the anti grazing law, Dambaza was stoopid to have gone public with it. I'm sure he would deny it and say he was quoted out of context.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Obaseki: Oshiomhole Says Conflict Unfortunate, Ize-Iyamu Pleads For 14 Lawmakers / That Rude Boy Called "KORO" Lacks Respect For Elders - Bode George / Jonathan, Buhari's Transition Teams Meet In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 156
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.