Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,195 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

A Lot Of Nigerian Youths Haven’t Been To School — Buhari Tells Commonwealth - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Lot Of Nigerian Youths Haven’t Been To School — Buhari Tells Commonwealth (31413 Views)

Oshiomhole's Removal : We Haven’t Been Served Any Court Document – APC / We’ve Been Particularly Inspired By Our Youths, Theresa May Tells Commonwealth L / Nigerian Youths Are Lazy, They Want Everything Free, Buhari Tells Commonwealth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Lot Of Nigerian Youths Haven’t Been To School — Buhari Tells Commonwealth by AkpaMgbor(m): 6:23pm On Apr 18, 2018
Seenyo:
#the dumbest thing I ever voted!

you should have spewed this trash before the last elections!

abi no be this man they shed crocodile tears at campaign ground?.... #NEVER AGAIN!

lest I forget, BUHARI, WHERE IS YOUR SCHOOL CERT.
Na today? If he said it last election you would still have voted for him..you will either justify the statement he made or just simply overlook it..

1 Like

Re: A Lot Of Nigerian Youths Haven’t Been To School — Buhari Tells Commonwealth by Nobody: 6:24pm On Apr 18, 2018
Is this man this senseless?

Can't he keep quiet if he had nothing to say ?

1 Like

Re: A Lot Of Nigerian Youths Haven’t Been To School — Buhari Tells Commonwealth by somehow: 6:25pm On Apr 18, 2018
Most of you actually believe you went to school? Lol
Re: A Lot Of Nigerian Youths Haven’t Been To School — Buhari Tells Commonwealth by somehow: 6:25pm On Apr 18, 2018
Na tutorials una go, not school
Re: A Lot Of Nigerian Youths Haven’t Been To School — Buhari Tells Commonwealth by Maseke: 6:32pm On Apr 18, 2018
It's going to be Buhari VS Nigeria youth in 2019 election. My fear is the youth from the North, they have been totally brainwashed by this useless politicians who use them as election voting robot

4 Likes

Re: A Lot Of Nigerian Youths Haven’t Been To School — Buhari Tells Commonwealth by Nobody: 6:38pm On Apr 18, 2018
AkpaMgbor:

Na today? If he said it last election you would still have voted for him..you will either justify the statement he made or just simply overlook it..
....and your point precisely?
Re: A Lot Of Nigerian Youths Haven’t Been To School — Buhari Tells Commonwealth by AkpaMgbor(m): 6:42pm On Apr 18, 2018
Seenyo:

....and your point precisely?
My point is you all should chill the fvck down over his statement! He has said worse things in the past pre and post 2015 elections and the heavens didn’t fall..it’s not as if his statement doesn’t have some truth in it when you consider the millions of uneducated almajiri youths up north..
Re: A Lot Of Nigerian Youths Haven’t Been To School — Buhari Tells Commonwealth by wakeupafricanyo: 6:44pm On Apr 18, 2018
DANKWAMBO IS THE ANSWER

#getyouPVC

#votewise

1 Like

Re: A Lot Of Nigerian Youths Haven’t Been To School — Buhari Tells Commonwealth by AkpaMgbor(m): 6:44pm On Apr 18, 2018
Maseke:
It's going to be Buhari VS Nigeria youth in 2019 election. My fear is the youth from the North, they have been totally brainwashed by this useless politicians who use them as election voting robot
Lol NO, your real fear is that those “brainwashed “ youths have a formidable voting power if not who would care about them come 2019..
Re: A Lot Of Nigerian Youths Haven’t Been To School — Buhari Tells Commonwealth by Iceberg3: 6:53pm On Apr 18, 2018
This is the role model of coneheads grin

Thunder fire � all coneheads grin

And I am sure the cattle rearer had coneheads in mind. grin

2 Likes

Re: A Lot Of Nigerian Youths Haven’t Been To School — Buhari Tells Commonwealth by ajl: 6:57pm On Apr 18, 2018
Coming from a Buharist. This is the reason why the youths must go out there in droves to collect their PVC and vote this man out. Enough. Youth's that cannot get admission to limited spots in Universities. How about the ones with degrees with no jobs. I am done with you man. You are a let down. I have supported you right from age 12 when you were there in 1983/85. Obviously Idiagbon was the man running the show.

Now Nigerian Youths, go out there and vote for a much younger candidate ready to disrupt the polity. This shows same cocky attitude of the Nigerian elites to the populace as pointed out by candidate Omoyele Sowore during a radio show with "dishonourable" minister of communication who referred to him as been inconsequential because he is a youth and not a money-bag.

6 Likes

Re: A Lot Of Nigerian Youths Haven’t Been To School — Buhari Tells Commonwealth by Talknochip(m): 7:09pm On Apr 18, 2018
Smh

3 Likes

Re: A Lot Of Nigerian Youths Haven’t Been To School — Buhari Tells Commonwealth by gurujoe(m): 7:09pm On Apr 18, 2018
Afonja put us all into this mess called buhari

2 Likes

Re: A Lot Of Nigerian Youths Haven’t Been To School — Buhari Tells Commonwealth by Godwin888: 7:13pm On Apr 18, 2018
This is the hand writing of Femi Adesina.

1 Like

Re: A Lot Of Nigerian Youths Haven’t Been To School — Buhari Tells Commonwealth by ajl: 7:14pm On Apr 18, 2018
BenzEne1:
There's truth in this. Our yahoo yahoo, bbn and desert crossers always front that the government's failure is the pivot for their crimes and irresponsibility. This is a wrong stance. People just want quick money with little or no work done. This doesn't wipe the blame on the slow pace of this government. But when an artisan takes a look at his mates riding expensive cars and decides to sell of all he has to pay off a trafficker who would send him straight to slavery.... That portends impatience and laziness.

Buhari might be slow. But the so called #nottooyoungtorun is morally dead and points fingers on the leaders for a self induced problem

That's self-defeat there. Only a fraction of the youths want quick money if you compare the population of those clamouring to make a living the right way through hard work to those involved in illegal dubious way of making money. We should learn not to generalise. Yes, there is a general moral problem which was also brought on the youths by, most especially, the same political elites. For example, all youths born post-1985 know nothing about the once promising future of Nigeria and all they know is corruption and dubious ways of making money. Because that is what the political elites and military brought upon them. For example, the Almighty JAMB was first leaked in the early 1990s. Fraudsters were all out too starting from late 1980s and by mid-90s, right on my street on Lagos Island, someone who was poor a before could be seen gallivanting in the most expensive car and attire the next day. I remember a guy who was also a military guy begging to use our family landline telephone for the fraud purposes. So, I will blame some youths but most of the blame goes to the "thieving" political elites. They are the most evil people on the face of the Earth.

4 Likes

Re: A Lot Of Nigerian Youths Haven’t Been To School — Buhari Tells Commonwealth by santricedupas(m): 7:15pm On Apr 18, 2018
buhari is an idiot man, I applied for custom, immigration, cbn, police, navy, soldier, airforce, nscdc, ministry of agric, union bank jobs, but I was not shortlisted. I have a bsc in agric uni ibadan, I want to work, I don't want anything that is free because I hate free things, but I applied in all this parastatals but I was not employed because I don't belong to the elistic criminal and siphoning polithiefcians. buhari you are a mad man in craaze animal skin. god go punish you and your family for making that kind of statement.

6 Likes

Re: A Lot Of Nigerian Youths Haven’t Been To School — Buhari Tells Commonwealth by Nobody: 7:16pm On Apr 18, 2018
AkpaMgbor:

My point is you all should chill the fvck down over his statement! He has said worse things in the past pre and post 2015 elections and the heavens didn’t fall..it’s not as if his statement doesn’t have some truth in it when you consider the millions of uneducated almajiri youths up north..

and what is my f*cking business with the north and it's f*cking jobless almajiri youths

why did the redundant dude "generalised" by terming every Nigerian youth as being lazy ?

the integrity-deficient nomad should desist from insulting the sensibilities of the assiduous nig. youth!

after all, his dumb/archaic policies has led to the loss of over 11million jobs...only looking for alibi for his incompetence!

1 Like

Re: A Lot Of Nigerian Youths Haven’t Been To School — Buhari Tells Commonwealth by chernest2002: 7:17pm On Apr 18, 2018
Baba is right, Nigeria starts and end in the north.

1 Like

Re: A Lot Of Nigerian Youths Haven’t Been To School — Buhari Tells Commonwealth by xcolanto(m): 7:18pm On Apr 18, 2018
emmasege:
That's because that arena is not a place you speak through media aides. Unfortunately for him he must talk but his IQ is much lower to engage in intellectual discourse.

That's why Femi Adesina and Garba Sheu speak for him always and shield him from media chats or press interviews.

You know buhari very well!
There is a saying, give buhari a mic and watch him destroy himself. The guy doesn't know how to talk in public. I think he suffers from dementia to be honest.
This is why he refused to show up for presidential debates and I doubt he would show up for the 2019 own.

How can buhari say most Nigerians under 30 have not gone to school? The past government has spent billions of pounds and dollars educating Nigerians in the UK, USA and other countries on scholarship. Nigerian parents are not left out too in sending their kids abroad to get the best education. In addition, we have firms that send their staffs abroad to schools to learn. So where did buhari get his statistics from??
Since his regime tho Nigerians, goverment bodies, companies and private sectors now find it hard to send their wards to school abroad and our education in Nigeria is nothing to write home about. Even Assu came out to say under buhari education has received the least funding. The guy is a disaster!
He must be back in dura come 2019!!

4 Likes

Re: A Lot Of Nigerian Youths Haven’t Been To School — Buhari Tells Commonwealth by Silemmana(m): 7:19pm On Apr 18, 2018
It's a lie, it's only the Muslim northerners that refuse to go to school. Even if there would be free education

2 Likes

Re: A Lot Of Nigerian Youths Haven’t Been To School — Buhari Tells Commonwealth by ahaika23: 7:25pm On Apr 18, 2018
Adesina the azz licker, please come and interpret this wan for us

1 Like

Re: A Lot Of Nigerian Youths Haven’t Been To School — Buhari Tells Commonwealth by Antichristus: 7:26pm On Apr 18, 2018
Except Buhari is referring to the Almanjiris in his hometown and across Northern Nigeria, he is otherwise a complete idiot, imbec1le and arguably demented. What an insult on millions of Nigerians whom, after struggling to get an education in colleges, polytechnics and universities simply can't get jobs or secure loans to kick start businesses. Blatantly telling lies against hardworking and resilient young Nigerians is a disgrace. TIME FOR NIGERIAN YOUTHS TO FORM THEIR OWN POLITICAL PARTIES AND ENSURE THAT THESE DEMENTED, WALKING DEAD BODIES ARE SENT PACKING.

2 Likes

Re: A Lot Of Nigerian Youths Haven’t Been To School — Buhari Tells Commonwealth by ajl: 7:26pm On Apr 18, 2018
Pangea:
Baba Wayray

Let the youth shine their eyes, let’s come together and vote out this miserable old goat!
Even Sowore is a better choice than this dotard!

My "brother", don't use the word "even". See the young guy in this picture here beside MKO Abiola during June 12 struggle. It is Omoyele Sowore. That is about 25-yrs ago as student union president in UNILAG, when he was almost killed through poisoned injection by authorities. I was an undergraduate student in Ibadan then. That is consistency.

6 Likes

Re: A Lot Of Nigerian Youths Haven’t Been To School — Buhari Tells Commonwealth by AkpaMgbor(m): 7:28pm On Apr 18, 2018
Seenyo:

and what is my f*cking business with the north and it's f*cking jobless almajiri youths

why did the redundant dude "generalised" by terming every Nigerian youth as being lazy ?

the integrity-deficient nomad should desist from insulting the sensibilities of the assiduous nig. youth!

after all, his dumb/archaic policies has led to the loss of over 11million jobs...only looking for alibi for his incompetence!
Last time I checked, those almajiri youths are still part of one Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: A Lot Of Nigerian Youths Haven’t Been To School — Buhari Tells Commonwealth by Akiika: 7:35pm On Apr 18, 2018
Does the comments of majority of Nigerian youths here show any education and/or enlightenment? Ignorance, prejudice, ethnic and religious biases are the order of the day, no ideology! The only thing they are good at is to invoke curse and insults on anyone that disagrees with them. Wasted generation, this set of old politicians will take you for a ride forever.
Re: A Lot Of Nigerian Youths Haven’t Been To School — Buhari Tells Commonwealth by ajl: 7:37pm On Apr 18, 2018
So, Nigerian youths. The choice is yours. The power is in your hands. Will you use it wisely or do the same as our parents. Will you take a chance on something radically new but with assured consistency or go the same way, doing things same way expecting different results. I will take a chance on Omoyele Sowore. He has been in battle to fight the cause of the common man since his days as UNILAG student union president. Here in the image below is young Omoyele Sowore beside MKO Abiola during the fight against the military in the "June-12" saga. Has he changed? No. That is consistency. Forget ethnicity, sentiments or stupid myopic reasoning. Lets break away from the past.

Just recently the "dishonourable" minister of communication (Mr Shittu) said Mr Sowore is inconsequential during a radio programme debate. That mean over 60% Nigerians who are youths are likewise inconsequential. Same way of reasoning as Buhari and the elites. Evil people.

It's your time. Nigerian Youths. Don't let this pass by.

5 Likes

Re: A Lot Of Nigerian Youths Haven’t Been To School — Buhari Tells Commonwealth by themanderon: 7:40pm On Apr 18, 2018
This is what you get when you bring in an analog, antiquated brain to rule in a digital age. Errors upon errors upon errors.

1 Like

Re: A Lot Of Nigerian Youths Haven’t Been To School — Buhari Tells Commonwealth by Toks2008(m): 7:44pm On Apr 18, 2018
lestat:
Is this man this senseless?

Can't he keep quiet if he had nothing to say ?

I don't know who is worse between him and Trump.

2 Likes

Re: A Lot Of Nigerian Youths Haven’t Been To School — Buhari Tells Commonwealth by nellyelitz(m): 7:44pm On Apr 18, 2018
Northern youths...

Common correct yourself, you dullard!

1 Like

Re: A Lot Of Nigerian Youths Haven’t Been To School — Buhari Tells Commonwealth by ajl: 7:47pm On Apr 18, 2018
GavelSlam:

Do the math and stop lamenting.

How much does the country make, how many do you consider to be unemployed and how much do you think they should be given?

If you math works out, I would open multiple threads on this Nairaland Facebook and every social media platform I get championing payment of benefits to the unemployed.

I would even ask for.a change of government to whoever you think can implement it.

Note: the math must make sense.

Young man. Money does not fall from heaven. Unemployment stipend come from a "pot" where all who are employed or formerly employed has contributed into. So, if you become unemployed and you show evidence of looking to get gainful employment again, you have a right to get that stipend. Technically, you are being paid back part of what you contributed. It's never for those who haven't been employed before and there is a limit. You can't collect it forever.

You need to understand Nigerian elites. They do not want good for the poor masses. They need people to always shout "Oga" sir to them, even some of your rich relatives want that as well.

So, it is workable and practicable. The money will coming from a contribution. It is called social insurance or unemployment insurance contribution. I have benefited from such before in another country.

3 Likes

Re: A Lot Of Nigerian Youths Haven’t Been To School — Buhari Tells Commonwealth by PtitLapin(f): 7:48pm On Apr 18, 2018
President Buhari is trash. Anyone who supports President Buhari is trash. All the young people around me are hustling, running multiple businesses to make ends meet. Nigerians provide their own electricity, water, healthcare, etc and don't even hold the government accountable for half of the things they should. I don't know anyone who is lazy and doing nothing, except the uber-rich hausa/fulani youth in Abuja who sit around all day doing nothing and the almajiris who refuse to get educated and work for a wage. These two types are the youth he should be referring to. Fricking parasites. What does President Buhari's daughter do for a living again? What does his son do for a living? Please tell me because I don't know. If you want to shade the entire youth of your country, better keep some for your own children and your entire region. Talk about being out of touch. As a young hard-working Nigerian, you are a dunce if you vote for this pile of poo. Period. We need to take the trash out in 2019. It is enough.

I don't normally talk with strong words but President Buhari is the gift that keeps on giving and I am tired of it.

3 Likes

Re: A Lot Of Nigerian Youths Haven’t Been To School — Buhari Tells Commonwealth by ajl: 7:53pm On Apr 18, 2018
namio10:

THE BALL IS IN THE COURT OF THE YORUBA/SW REGION TO DELIVER NIGERIA FROM BUHARI'S INTELLECTUAL DEFICIENCY.

A PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE NEEDS TO WIN 25% OF THE VOTES IN 2/3 OF THE 36 STATES, ie, (24 STATES) BEFORE DECLARED WINNER.

BUHARI IS SURE TO WIN 25% IN NEARLY ALL THE 19 STATES IN FULANI-CONTROLLED NORTH. HE NOW NEEDS ANOTHER FIVE STATES OR SO FROM THE SOUTHERN REGIONS.

IF EVERY STATE IN THE YORUBA/SW REGION REFUSES BUHARI 25% VOTES, HE CAN'T WIN, NOT EVEN BY POPULAR VOTES FROM RIGGING AND UNDERAGE VOTES FROM THE NORTH.

It will be different this time in the Southwest. Even the result of the last election, Buhari did not defeat Jonathan in the Southwest by high margin. It was quite close. Check online, you will see the numbers. This man had shot himself in the foot. I am a Buharist, and I am done with his incompetency. Nigeria need more than he can offer.

IT'S HARD TO IMAGINE ANY STATE IN THE SE/SS WHERE BUHARI CAN WIN 25% VOTES.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Supreme Court To Hear Ihedioha’s Fresh Application February 18 / Egbetokun Decorates Frank Mba, Bala Ciroma As Police DIGs / Obaseki Makes U-Turn, Gives Kudos To Oshiomhole For Making Him Governor (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.