Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,361 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:38 PM

What Is So Wrong With Being Left Handed - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Is So Wrong With Being Left Handed (17635 Views)

Left Handed People Evil? / Left Handed People: Whats So Special About Them! / Left Handed People Are more Intelligent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is So Wrong With Being Left Handed by sizzlers(m): 5:16pm On May 19, 2010
I know one lefty Guy from my area, the guy is a dump A'SS, i wonder god of lefties closed eyes when he was being created  grin
Re: What Is So Wrong With Being Left Handed by Nobody: 5:18pm On May 19, 2010
People with the left hand most active are ingenious. Report has it, that they have their brains collected to the left side in their head, causing them to obey the left direction of handling things. They usually form contrasts in whatever has always been in one fashion. This makes them inventive.

'learned that Gov. Fashola too has his left hand most active.
Re: What Is So Wrong With Being Left Handed by Wallie(m): 5:58pm On May 19, 2010
Here’s a non-scientific poll! How many people know of a leftie that is below average intelligence?
Re: What Is So Wrong With Being Left Handed by uyakachi(m): 6:03pm On May 19, 2010
I THINK IS CHOICE
I CHOSE TO BE RIGHTY EVEN  TO NEXT WORLD
DONT FORGET THAT JESUS CHRIST IS RGTY,, IF IT HAPPENS TO BE  CALL NAMES
Re: What Is So Wrong With Being Left Handed by yme1(f): 6:03pm On May 19, 2010
i see nothing wrong with being left handed
Re: What Is So Wrong With Being Left Handed by Wallie(m): 6:13pm On May 19, 2010
uyakachi:

I THINK IS CHOICE
I CHOSE TO BE RIGHTY EVEN TO NEXT WORLD
DONT FORGET THAT JESUS CHRIST IS RGTY,, IF IT HAPPENS TO BE CALL NAMES

Nothing wrong with choosing your choice but why bring religion to it?

Not to be sacrilegious but if Jesus Christ is white and you’re black, what does that make you… the Devil? Since we know that the devil is associated with darkness! Doesn't this sound stupid to you, assuming that you're a reasonable person?
Re: What Is So Wrong With Being Left Handed by StRichy(m): 6:15pm On May 19, 2010
Wen i was a child, my father ensured dat i stop d use of left hand wen performing essential tasks and i did d same 2 my younger sisters. I discovered dat litle children always prefer using dier left hand. For me, i am yet 2 access tangeable traditional fact(s) condemning using left hand.
I am right handed yet i typed dis msg wit my left hand.
Re: What Is So Wrong With Being Left Handed by Cohomology: 6:20pm On May 19, 2010
uyakachi:

I THINK IS CHOICE
DONT FORGET THAT JESUS CHRIST IS RGTY,,  IF IT HAPPENS TO BE  CALL NAMES

Na lie!

Baba Jesus was definitely [url=http://www-personal.umd.umich.edu/~sirjon/lefthanded.html#C]left-handed[/url]. grin
Re: What Is So Wrong With Being Left Handed by Bletherer: 6:30pm On May 19, 2010
=----------
Re: What Is So Wrong With Being Left Handed by Cohomology: 6:33pm On May 19, 2010
ChinenyeN:

Cohomology seems to be on a mission. . .  cheesy

I'm just fed up with our people hesitating to discard the worthless aspects of our culture. I for one do not adhere to any aspect of our culture that I believe is useless. Examples:

1. Don't marry Osu - utter rubbish!
2. When seriously ill, consider going to see the dibia - nonsense!
3. Always obey your elders - the very worst aspect of our culture; see all the armed robbers called politicians are our elders; the younger ones keep obeying these fools. Any thieving elder must be slapped, punched in the face and spat on!
4. Marriage ceremony is very expensive - greedy elders again at it!
5. Better to marry from your village - who will comfort all those regretting marrying an evil witch from their village?
Re: What Is So Wrong With Being Left Handed by Cohomology: 6:34pm On May 19, 2010
Bletherer:

comments like this make wish I could just press DELETE on some peoples' posts!!! bringing jesus into the conversation like this is disrepectfull!!

But I didn't bring it, uyakachi did. See below:

uyakachi:

I THINK IS CHOICE
DONT FORGET THAT JESUS CHRIST IS RGTY,,  IF IT HAPPENS TO BE  CALL NAMES
Re: What Is So Wrong With Being Left Handed by StRichy(m): 7:19pm On May 19, 2010
If i must sound professional, it is not wise for someone residing in nigeria to be left handed. This is because d ERGONOMIC Considerations employed in the design of machines, equipments as well as systems available 4 use in nigeria ar easily manipulated by a right handed operator. How can a left handed person work conviniently in a mechanical or in a production engr.g workshop?
Observably is the fact that left handed people work wit the principle of slow and steady.
Re: What Is So Wrong With Being Left Handed by Wallie(m): 7:34pm On May 19, 2010
St. Richy:

If i must sound professional, it is not wise for someone residing in nigeria to be left handed. This is because d ERGONOMIC Considerations employed in the design of machines, equipments as well as systems available 4 use in nigeria ar easily manipulated by a right handed operator. How can a left handed person work conviniently in a mechanical or in a production engr.g workshop?
I think you’re trying to make a valid point but I’m afraid it’s getting drown out in your attempt to sound “professional.”

It is true that most machine/utilities are ergonomically designed for a right handed person but with most things in life, humans adapt to fit their surroundings.

St. Richy:

Observably is the fact that left handed people work wit the principle of slow and steady.
You must live in Shakespearean times or you’re trying too hard to sound “professional.”
Re: What Is So Wrong With Being Left Handed by ChinenyeN(m): 7:34pm On May 19, 2010
For some reason, I find your post saddening, Cohomology.
Re: What Is So Wrong With Being Left Handed by Wallie(m): 7:57pm On May 19, 2010
I actually agree with Cohomology's reasoning! I will receive every information of importance given to me with a grain of salt if I can’t reconcile it with my reasoning. I think the problem in the world today is that we don't have enough independent thinkers too many follow-follow!

Cohomology --abstract algebra? Cool.
Re: What Is So Wrong With Being Left Handed by DAVE5(m): 8:22pm On May 19, 2010
@cohomology u r such a disgrace.itz so obvious u r a kid or an old immature person.u talk of dibia,marriage,osu 4getin dese are ur culture,hav u gon 2 maybe the u.s. en seen a whitey wearin ankara and so on while u r here upholding their own culture.Pity on u coz the whites hav we africanz well kept busx so u cant do any good to ur culture
mon-fri=white colar jobs
sat=sanitation
sun=go 2 church(white man's religion)
isn't that the life they gave u.
Re: What Is So Wrong With Being Left Handed by oyinda3(f): 10:47pm On May 19, 2010
left handed people are smarter. that's true. . . but they also die a bit earlier.
Re: What Is So Wrong With Being Left Handed by adetoru(f): 11:12pm On May 19, 2010
I wished I could right left handed when I was in primary school
Re: What Is So Wrong With Being Left Handed by idifu(m): 11:21pm On May 19, 2010
i'm 35 yr old man a lefty and i go use am till i D.I.E i use left to eat rice,eba,amala,fufu e.t.c
i use my right 4 wiping my black a.s.s and nothing in dis world is gonna stop me from using itsmiley
Re: What Is So Wrong With Being Left Handed by adaforme: 11:33pm On May 19, 2010
me i dey use left hand and am proud of it.na me get my hand and i knw where e dey pain me for dis one both hands re working perfectly well.
Re: What Is So Wrong With Being Left Handed by KAeybanj(m): 11:59pm On May 19, 2010
My parents tried to change my left-handedness while i was a kid, but the funny thing was i began to writed laterally inverted. i mean my 2 will face right , my K will face left. But really im proudoif my left hand, it makes me feel unique
Re: What Is So Wrong With Being Left Handed by HellaBella(f): 12:08pm On May 20, 2010
Funny topic.
I myself am left-handed, well ambidextrous actually. The only thing I do with my right hand is write. I eat with my left, and do everything else with my left.
The reason I write with my right hand is because as a child when I was learning to write, I was the only left-handed child in the class. I felt so out of place LOL. Also, when the teacher was teaching us how to write I literally copied her every move, and that also contributed to me using my right hand only for writing.

Growing up my parents used to force me to eat with my right hand. I just couldn't do it - I always reverted to using my left hand. The funny thing is that all my siblings born after me are full lefties. Guess it's in our genes so my folks stop pushing us to use the right hand smiley.
Re: What Is So Wrong With Being Left Handed by MissyB1(m): 12:17pm On May 20, 2010
KAeybanj:

My parents tried to change my left-handedness while i was a kid, but the funny thing was i began to writed laterally inverted. i mean my 2 will face right , my K will face left. But really im proudoif my left hand, it makes me feel unique
Lmao!!

I heard, if a Left-handed person slaps You, You see starssssssssssssss. grin grin
Re: What Is So Wrong With Being Left Handed by noblegas2(m): 2:52pm On May 20, 2010
oyinda.:

left handed people are smarter. that's true. . . but they also die a bit earlier.

and even have the proximity of getting shot @, tongue tongue tongue tongue

Lefty Ko/ Lefty ni
Re: What Is So Wrong With Being Left Handed by suprted(m): 3:54pm On May 20, 2010
Left handed to the core. They had to change the door handles in our house when we were small as me and my sister are left handed.

I hand people stuff with my right hand, but even some right handed people have handed me stuff with their left (whilst apologising).

When I was 9, I broke my left wrist, so I was forced to use my right for some things. Today, I use it to wipe myself and I also trust it more during a fight.
Re: What Is So Wrong With Being Left Handed by justwise(m): 3:55pm On May 20, 2010
Missy B:

Lmao!!

I heard, if a Left-handed person slaps You, You see starssssssssssssss. grin grin

That is true, i'm left handed so i know.
Re: What Is So Wrong With Being Left Handed by AVISENNA: 5:32pm On May 20, 2010
I think it's just a very big case of ignorance. I had some challages growing up as child and my father gave my classroom teacher a stern warning after that withdrew me from the school.
I really love the fact that i'am left handed and i am proud.
Re: What Is So Wrong With Being Left Handed by astuto: 6:54pm On May 20, 2010
Errrr, forgive me if i didnt look at all the replies to this post, but did anyone mention THE CULTURAL IMPLICATION OF LEFT-HANDEDNESS THAT MAKES IT A NEAR-TABOO? pls dont just say "it's according to our culture" and stuff like that, but we would like the real reason, pleeease. Thanks.
Re: What Is So Wrong With Being Left Handed by Travelista(f): 6:59pm On May 20, 2010
I'm a lefty and remember my kindergarten teacher (a White woman in the US) telling me that girls aren't supposed to use their left-hand for writing; the idea of the left-hand being less than good is a worldwide thing, especially amongst older generations.
Re: What Is So Wrong With Being Left Handed by justwise(m): 9:08pm On May 20, 2010
Travelista:

I'm a lefty and remember my kindergarten teacher (a White woman in the US) telling me that girls aren't supposed to use their left-hand for writing; the idea of the left-hand being less than good is a worldwide thing, especially amongst older generations.

Then we got something in common. . . grin grin grin grin
Re: What Is So Wrong With Being Left Handed by Kenny(m): 1:14am On May 21, 2010
There is nothing wrong in being Left-handed.   Left-handed people all lead normal lives. It's a bit different to us because it is unusual and somewhat uncommon in the society.  Even some parents start correcting their toddlers that its wrong to use the left. 

We find great men and women who are left-handed, and some, still are living witnesses today.

People who feel uncomfortable with being leftist around them are seriously IGNORANT, and probably need to be formally educated.

Leftists are normal people, like you and me.
Re: What Is So Wrong With Being Left Handed by peejay(m): 1:44am On May 21, 2010
There is no doubt that left handers are unique in the making simply because they activate the part of the brain that is analytical, detailed, strategic and problem solving. Left handers are the great thinkers of our kind, they are the knowledge workers that foster innovation and productivity, they are our leaders that bring about change, they are me and you that are born everyday.

I studied at length why the left hand was seen as a taboo to be used as a primary form of communication but all I got was years and years of transferred traditional and cultural beliefs from our forefathers.

As a young boy my dad did his best to transfer my attention to my right hand. My mum lashed at him everyday, till he had to stop for the sake of peace. But his fighting for several years made me feel different from the rest of the family, not until when I started to become articulate and a master of mathematics and analytical skills did I and everyone else realize the reason behind my success. From then on all I can say is, LIFE IS GOOD, but that does not mean you should buy LG phones.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Was Mansa-musa Really A Great Man? / Lagos (eko) Who Owns It? / Prof. Paul Okumagba Crowned As Orosuen Of Okere Urhobo Warri, Delta State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.