Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,500 members, 7,819,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

What Is So Wrong With Being Left Handed - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Is So Wrong With Being Left Handed (17643 Views)

Left Handed People Evil? / Left Handed People: Whats So Special About Them! / Left Handed People Are more Intelligent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is So Wrong With Being Left Handed by mamagee3(f): 1:46am On May 21, 2010
There's nothing wrong with being Left-handed.

It's just that it affects the heart one way or the other.
Re: What Is So Wrong With Being Left Handed by Ranoscky(m): 1:56am On May 21, 2010
mama gee

it doesn't affects any heart.

if it does, they would have foundout a solution 4 it.
Re: What Is So Wrong With Being Left Handed by eldee(m): 2:45am On May 21, 2010
With this thread . . . I think I'm going to retrain my left hand.
I'm getting way too used to my right.

Infact I'm now typing with just my left hand's fingers. grin
Re: What Is So Wrong With Being Left Handed by Faher(m): 4:03am On May 21, 2010
eldee:

With this thread . . . I think I'm going to retrain my left hand.
I'm getting way too used to my right.

Infact I'm now typing with just my left hand's fingers. grin

lmao!!!

I think I'll follow suit
Re: What Is So Wrong With Being Left Handed by sofadj(m): 8:38am On May 21, 2010
Who said left handeez were better off show me d medical proof.
Re: What Is So Wrong With Being Left Handed by Sissy3(f): 8:41am On May 21, 2010
@ eldee and other lefties

are any of you artistically talented?
Re: What Is So Wrong With Being Left Handed by idifu(m): 5:01pm On May 21, 2010
@Sissy yes i'm artistically talented and i look forward to conquering d entertainment industry in Nigeria someday with my own record label signing artist and all dat
Re: What Is So Wrong With Being Left Handed by Linusman(m): 5:04pm On May 21, 2010
take it or leave it, using left hand has something disrespectful and nonchalant about it. one idiot boy handed something to me with his left and i nearly killed him, useless boy. when his father inquired and i told him the boy gave me something his left hand, his father beat him until he fainted and was rushed to the herbalist, HE HE HE HE.  wink  smiley
Re: What Is So Wrong With Being Left Handed by eldee(m): 5:10pm On May 21, 2010
~Sissy~:

@ eldee and other lefties

are any of you artistically talented?

I'm no more left-handed, got forced to change as a kid . . . but Elrazur is really good with music and most arts.
My cousin got changed too and the only thing he does with his left now is paint.

Faher:

lmao!!!

I think I'll follow suit

I was in the library and I switched the mouse to the left side . . . everyone freaked out grin grin
Re: What Is So Wrong With Being Left Handed by mamagee3(f): 6:13pm On May 21, 2010
Ranoscky:

mama gee

it doesn't affects any heart.

if it does, they would have foundout a solution 4 it.
Statistics show people that are left handed have more cardiac problems compared to those that are right handed.

Where's your proof?
undecided
Re: What Is So Wrong With Being Left Handed by Faher(m): 7:16pm On May 21, 2010
eldee:

I was in the library and I switched the mouse to the left side . . . everyone freaked out grin grin

Haha, Infact I'm typing and clicking solely with my left currently grin
Re: What Is So Wrong With Being Left Handed by OmichaelO: 7:22pm On May 21, 2010
so i should be thanking my stars that i dont have a wicked or illiterate parent.am ok with my left hand and my writing is superb.also brillant cheesy wink smiley.
Re: What Is So Wrong With Being Left Handed by NaijaNile: 7:44pm On May 21, 2010
Me tire o, was born left handed too, but was forced to start writing with my right, I just grew up realizing i write, cut and eat with right, and wash plates, clothes and clap with my left hand. When i asked my mum she told me the story, so i taught myself to write with my left again, successfully though my handwriting is better with the right hand.

I will bring the heavens down on anyone who tries to do that to my child,
Re: What Is So Wrong With Being Left Handed by mrofficial(m): 8:19pm On May 21, 2010
Lefties in the house!!!

[size=20pt]How many of you have cardiac problems ooo[/size]

As for me, nothing do me.  grin grin grin

Mchewwww.
Re: What Is So Wrong With Being Left Handed by Sissy3(f): 8:34pm On May 21, 2010
@ eldee and idifu

thanks. i have a friend who's a lefty and is very artistically talented. many lefties tend be talented artistically. just wanted to whether those here are somewhat the same.
Re: What Is So Wrong With Being Left Handed by Nobody: 11:37pm On May 21, 2010
eldee:

I'm no more left-handed, got forced to change as a kid . . . but Elrazur is really good with music and most arts.
My cousin got changed too and the only thing he does with his left now is paint.

Based of this thread, lots of ppl were forced to use their right hand. Apart from the Yoruba culture and religion, what was the explanation hey gave you?
Re: What Is So Wrong With Being Left Handed by eldee(m): 12:48am On May 22, 2010
FL Gators:

Based of this thread, lots of ppl were forced to use their right hand. Apart from the Yoruba culture and religion, what was the explanation hey gave you?

Mine was quite logical though . . . my writing was laterally inverted compared to the others in class.
They would have needed a different teacher to train me to write properly with my left. . . so they took the easy way.

I was ambidextrous during my conversion period though. . . used to write with my right, get tired and swap to the left and then back again.

Faher:

Haha, Infact I'm typing and clicking solely with my left currently grin
I think we should start a blog on this thread bout how we tried to get our left back. . . it could be fun grin

~Sissy~:

@ eldee and idifu

thanks. i have a friend who's a lefty and is very artistically talented. many lefties tend be talented artistically. just wanted to whether those here are somewhat the same.
I'll see if I get the art back with my conversion program. cheesy cheesy
Re: What Is So Wrong With Being Left Handed by Nobody: 8:50am On May 22, 2010
Linusman:

take it or leave it, using left hand has something disrespectful and nonchalant about it. one idiot boy handed something to me with his left and i nearly killed him, useless boy. when his father inquired and i told him the boy gave me something his left hand, his father beat him until he fainted and was rushed to the herbalist, HE HE HE HE.  wink  smiley    

And you think your actions that caused this child to be beaten, were funny? If so, you must have a pretty warped sense of humour.

If anyone touched my child, because he / she handed them something with their left hand, then whatever city we're in at the time, would probably become way too small for both of us.

There's nothing wrong with being left-handed, it's just African society that labels the practice as evil, and / or disrespectful. And these labels are born out of mere ignorance.
Re: What Is So Wrong With Being Left Handed by Ranoscky(m): 12:58pm On May 22, 2010
@mama gee

cardiac problems can happen to anybody and not b'cos of being a left user.

I only heard that being a left hand user is not good in terms of culture and tradition, but suck it . . . I DON'T CARE!
Re: What Is So Wrong With Being Left Handed by chiketee(m): 1:17pm On May 22, 2010
this mama gee is hot oo. see her lips. chei. tomato jos.
ehem back to leftys. the world will always discriminate against the minorities, be it black americans, igbo ppl, left handed ppl, atheists, gay ppl, etc. as long as u r different from most of the ppl, u will get ur own share of wahala. there is absolutely nothing wrong with being left handed, but our very narrow minded community wouldnt want to believe dat. becos 4 them mind everything dat is different is of the devil. back in primary skool, a friend of mine wasnt very good in reading and writing, he had dyslexia, i can remeber our mumu teacher beating the crap out of the boy every single day. africans we wicked oo forget
Re: What Is So Wrong With Being Left Handed by xxcarolxx(f): 11:30pm On May 23, 2010
It also happened in irish culture back in de day, my mum remembers nuns tying girls left hands behind their backs so de cud not use their left hand, or de wud otherwise be beaten with a ruler if caught using their left hand. But thank god times have changed since then
Re: What Is So Wrong With Being Left Handed by Nobody: 5:35am On May 24, 2010
left handed people are weird.

oops, i meant special.

anyway, who are the lefties on nl? Hope you've all reported yourselves? havent read through the whole thread yet.

with the way things are going these days, expect the return of olden days attitudes to left handedness. It's already happening with ginger hare and goodness knows what else.
Re: What Is So Wrong With Being Left Handed by Nobody: 5:51am On May 24, 2010
eldee:

Mine was quite logical though . . . my writing was laterally inverted compared to the others in class.
They would have needed a different teacher to train me to write properly with my left. . . so they took the easy way.

I was ambidextrous during my conversion period though. . . used to write with my right, get tired and swap to the left and then back again.

Now that's interesting. You can apply for the left-handed student scholarship. These ppl give scholarship for anything grin

You were trained? I was slapped out of it, same way I was slapped outta speaking Ekiti dialect. I swear, Lagos education system sucks at times. Cant write with my left hand today if my life depended on it.
Re: What Is So Wrong With Being Left Handed by Cohomology: 6:11pm On May 24, 2010
We must discard ALL aspects of our culture that make using the left hand a taboo.
Re: What Is So Wrong With Being Left Handed by ChinenyeN(m): 12:44am On May 25, 2010
Cohomology:

We must discard ALL aspects of our culture that make using the left hand a taboo.
Bye with that. Simple norm of cultural courtesy that won't kill anyone.
Re: What Is So Wrong With Being Left Handed by Bletherer: 10:33am On May 25, 2010
ChinenyeN:

just out of interest would you discourage your child if he/she was showing a liking to the left?
Re: What Is So Wrong With Being Left Handed by eldee(m): 10:41am On May 25, 2010
ChinenyeN:

A norm of courtesy that forces possible brain discomfort and maybe lack of self-esteem to about 10% of the population is bad.
In your own words, just because killing twins in Calabar was a norm, it should have continued.

I don't mind you doing it with ignorance, but trying to justify it with silly excuses is just disrespectful to my intelligence.
Re: What Is So Wrong With Being Left Handed by captured(f): 12:29pm On May 25, 2010
My 2yr old seems more comfortable with his left than his right so when i took him to school, i made a point of telling his teacher not to stress him about it.
Mother's pride aside, he is quite brilliant and has been confirmed to have a high IQ so why would i let any illiterate confuse him over a natural thing like been left handed or right handed.
On his own, he still tries to use his right cos we are all right handed but in the long run, its his decision, when he is eating, i just tell him to stick to one hand, i dont give a hoot which he decides on, never hearde been leftie killed anyone but lots of research has shown that attempting to change them to right hand use slows down their development rate. That is enough for me to take my stand against a culture that was cut out by people trying to find a common ground long before electiricity
Re: What Is So Wrong With Being Left Handed by Bobybarny(m): 1:40pm On May 25, 2010
You see it is the practice of the old for persecuting the left hand users that bis rubbish it is said to be ignorance of the time past it is only those who are ignoramus the outside world that would still practice such appalling act. But in the real sense left hand users are always skilled, 95%perfect brilliant and with terrific handwriting.
Re: What Is So Wrong With Being Left Handed by jokingmary(m): 2:58pm On May 25, 2010
sometimes I wish i am left handed
Re: What Is So Wrong With Being Left Handed by jupita: 12:45pm On May 26, 2010
you really dont stop being a lefty, because your being lefthanded comes from your brain.
righthanded people use the left part of the brain while lefties use the right.
lefty would notice there're still things u do with your left even though you were changed to your right, besides you have more strenght on the left part of your body than the right
aside from eatting and writting i still do major things with my left especially when i need to use strenght

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Was Mansa-musa Really A Great Man? / Hierarchy Of Kings In Yoruba Land: The Top 5 / Lagos (eko) Who Owns It?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.