Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,691 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:37 PM

The Wait!!! - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Wait!!! (3875 Views)

If A Woman Makes You Wait For Months Her Pussy Isn’t Worth The Wait. / "My Boyfriend Jailed For 15 Years Abroad, Insists I Wait For Him" - 29-Year-Old / Should I Tell Her To Wait For Me? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Wait!!! by Awaitingkopa(f): 8:01am On May 22, 2018
I have decided to go celibate. I know it wunt be easy.. But blessing give it a tryyyyy.. Let's go 3months first.. If we succeed we add another 3month..yayyyyy..
Dosnt look easy though.

Hello my sisters in the struggle

1 Like

Re: The Wait!!! by Brightgem(f): 8:11am On May 22, 2018
SoapQueen:

He is a pretender and a liar. Quite a cruel person too.

It's okay to hang out, right? Like attend some cool parties too? My friends are of the opinion that I stop being introverted.
Why should you stop being introverted, embrace ur nature, its the best thing that I was created with, being introverted, but it don't mean u are caved up or naive. I will speak to a group of people clearly about what I want to say, but I am considered a quiet calm person in general, I will rather sit alone at a restaurant than sit with company that's meaningless or have shallow talks... I love being introverted jare, I read and write more, I observe more, discern better. Forget parties and just do you, never attended a party in my life an I am still a happy woman, not all parties but that's how people get drunk or have one night stands and hate themselves afterwards. I guess the idea of celibacy is so ingrained in me because I also believed in it right from when I was a teenager. Not saying its not hard but it can also be easy.

1 Like

Re: The Wait!!! by SoapQueen(f): 8:26am On May 22, 2018
Brightgem:
Why should you stop being introverted, embrace ur nature, its the best thing that I was created with, being introverted, but it don't mean u are caved up or naive. I will speak to a group of people clearly about what I want to say, but I am considered a quiet calm person in general, I will rather sit alone at a restaurant than sit with company that's meaningless or have shallow talks... I love being introverted jare, I read and write more, I observe more, discern better. Forget parties and just do you, never attended a party in my life an I am still a happy woman, not all parties but that's how people get drunk or have one night stands and hate themselves afterwards. I guess the idea of celibacy is so ingrained in me because I also believed in it right from when I was a teenager. Not saying its not hard but it can also be easy.

You are kind hearted and empathetic. Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: The Wait!!! by Archangel15: 8:44am On May 22, 2018
Chronicles of evening newspapers grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: The Wait!!! by itsmeurLady(f): 10:35am On May 22, 2018
Brightgem:
Very true. I am not a Christian, but yes with faith in God, He will try us through different life events. Some things are not loss, just a redirection for us. Being celibate is actually the best, but I must ask if u are refering to being a virgin completely... Well some of us really hold on strongly to the idea that relationships can work without sex, and u'll meet some who support u on this and others who think its their right to have your body.

The truth is being celibate has nothing to do with wether u are a virgin or not. It's a choice to stay away from sex until after marriage but if u are a virgin it's an added advantage. Secondly any partner that will want you to go against your will/faith to please him does not genuinely love you. Ask most serious minded men around you, they can not leave a lady they love because she said she's not gonna give them sex, instead their love and respect increases for you the more and the more they want to keep you. Most of Us (ladies) tend to think for our men, and then possibly get scared that he won't buy the idea but just pray and give it a try, u will be amazed at the response u will get from them.
Re: The Wait!!! by itsmeurLady(f): 10:40am On May 22, 2018
49cents:

Am I waiting? It feels now like being prepared for mission. Mission so that my eventual marraige becomes a witness to the presence of Christ in this world so in need of light and direction.

God seems to use time to equip some of His chosen vessels to accomplish extraordinary things. From Abraham's Isaac to hannah's Samuel to Eilzabeth'sJohn the Baptist.

So rather than looking at the clock I rather look at myself and pay attention to where He would want to perfect in my life for the great work ahead.

Sorry if I couldn't commuinicate clearly in my last post. My point is Chastity is more of saying a Yes to the deepeatu needs of my being than just being ethically consistent.

Thank you for being on this path.
Keep shining

@Bolded got me!! That's exactly my point, that's exactly what I'm yearning for, I know it's not going to be easy but it's worth the try. I'm ready to try. We need to talk more, I'd send you a mail shortly, kudos!

1 Like

Re: The Wait!!! by itsmeurLady(f): 10:43am On May 22, 2018
Apina:

So you are saying in essence that you are a virgin?

Lolzzz... Men and Virgins grin grin Anywayz I am not but I have decided to be Celibate, is dat a wrong thing? smiley but well , just incase u are looking for celibate virgins, just stick around U'd find some virgin ladies that are waiting as well, All the Best!

1 Like

Re: The Wait!!! by itsmeurLady(f): 10:45am On May 22, 2018
Awaitingkopa:
I have decided to go celibate. I know it wunt be easy.. But blessing give it a tryyyyy.. Let's go 3months first.. If we succeed we add another 3month..yayyyyy..
Dosnt look easy though.

Hello my sisters in the struggle

Yaayyyyyyy we are in this together boo... let's help each other, we cld start a WhatsApp group for people waiting so that we can motivate ourselves... let me know what u think hun kiss kiss
Re: The Wait!!! by itsmeurLady(f): 10:46am On May 22, 2018
Archangel15:
Chronicles of evening newspapers grin grin grin

Carry your life and go nah grin cheesy leave us alone and let's be celibate in peace, is it your celibate? tongue
Re: The Wait!!! by itsmeurLady(f): 10:50am On May 22, 2018
Brightgem:

We should create a Watsapp group to inspire/motivate each other. What do u think?? Celibacy is not so easy but with the right crowd and energy, I think it will be easy... let me know what you think
BTW, we have to be friends, by must friendship, i love your mindset kiss

1 Like

Re: The Wait!!! by itsmeurLady(f): 10:52am On May 22, 2018
SoapQueen:

You are kind hearted and empathetic. Thank you.

Just thought about creating a WhatsApp group, what do you think?
Re: The Wait!!! by cyndie27(f): 11:00am On May 22, 2018
Hate admitting this because I recognize we are endangered species. I have been waiting all my life and I took that decision as a teenager after observing people who went before. I decided not to date until I am ready. I have tried to work towards relationships sha. It gets pretty scary and lonely sometimes like i'm taking the wrong path and other time I'm brave and encourage myself in the lord. Its almost thirty years of waiting, dont know what the future hold but i'll make the same choice over and over again if given many more lives to live and I am ready for whatever may come my way. Its well. Just to encourage someone out there who is like me that you are not alone and if you once gave it away its never too late to take the right decision.

2 Likes

Re: The Wait!!! by itsmeurLady(f): 11:09am On May 22, 2018
tomdon:

Be careful not to fall into the trance of self-righteousness
Congrats on your achievements tho

This is not a matter of being self righteous... Rather it's you becoming God Conscious, there's a big difference! I'm living my life not to please any Man but to please My Heavenly Father, so if you define that as self righteous, I accept.

Self righteous means trying to work out your salvation by yourself, by your power, by your might. On the other hand, God Conscious means allowing God to help and take you to your desired end ( your dreams and aspirations).
Some of us have lost our visions and purpose for life because of toxic relationships, 5 minutes sex, one night stand. Some of us have no reason to live anymore because of one relationship that went wrong. Some have zero self esteem and you think they decided to live their life that way? No, a toxic relationship caused it.

You are proud that your sister married a virgin, have you ever sat down to ask her how she did it? It was never by her power neither was it by her might. Lastly, Mr when people sin, do u advice them to stay in sin because they have already done it? Or do u tell them to ask for forgiveness and act like it never happened? I am more of the latter while some people are more of the former, take your decision, which are you? Celibacy is not Meant for Virgins Alone Neither is Grace Available for The Righteous Alone, it is for everyone that have taken a decision to partake in it.

This is a Decision like I said earlier, I am not imposing it on anyone.
Re: The Wait!!! by itsmeurLady(f): 11:15am On May 22, 2018
tomdon:
I wish all ladies were like my younger sister and others who kept their pride till marriage.
The moment a girl looses that seal, the task become herculean and I wonder what standard they're even protecting again.
But thankfully we're in a world where not every man wants a virgin as wife, so you can still hold your head up in dignity cos self esteem is more important for a lady

I'm glad u said self esteem is more important for a lady but how do u expect a lady that has slept with 20men to have self esteem? And how do u expect a lady not to sleep with 20men except she remains celibate? I'm thankful u know it's a difficult task for non Virgins to be celibate, and dats why we are not leaning on our power to do it but God's power. It is not easy but it is worth the wait.

So Mr, every day make a decision that your words and comments shld bless and transform lives and not drag people away from the body of Christ? Do not encourage the wrong things indirectly by your speech/comments. Have a nice day kiss
Re: The Wait!!! by itsmeurLady(f): 11:22am On May 22, 2018
Neurotika:
These religious folks sef with their salty philosophies. One even said 'so many destinies have been destroyed on the altar of premarital sex'. lol. What does that even mean?

You wanna wait? Fine. Saves the world the potential of you producing some bastards who will overpopulate the planet. But attaching your waiting to some spiritual reward or moral achievement is an enormous load of Bullsshit. Waiting doesn't mean shiit. Best case scenario you end with a dude/lady that is a Virgin like you. So what's the significance of that? Holy kids? Heaven? Mtcheew. Rat race. Seriously grow up.

Sorry dear if we got on your wrong foot but we are not trying to be too holy, Maybe you got it all wrong but we are just trying to encourage one another to continue Waiting. Nobody is also forcing it on anyone, it was a thread created for people who are waiting, so if u are not waiting, you shldnt have clicked on the thread tho.

Trust me, this is not a section for kids smiley. As a matter of fact, If anyone needs to grow up here is you! Yes, You! Celibacy has nothing to do with Age. It's just some set of people tired of doing relationship the world's way because it never works that way. We just want to follow the right way so that we can get the right results, I pray, hopefully, u get my point.
Re: The Wait!!! by itsmeurLady(f): 11:26am On May 22, 2018
cyndie27:
Hate admitting this because I recognize we are endangered species. I have been waiting all my life and I took that decision as a teenager after observing people who went before. I decided not to date until I am ready. I have tried to work towards relationships sha. It gets pretty scary and lonely sometimes like i'm taking the wrong path and other time I'm brave and encourage myself in the lord. Its almost thirty years of waiting, dont know what the future hold but i'll make the same choice over and over again if given many more lives to live and I am ready for whatever may come my way. Its well. Just to encourage someone out there who is like me that you are not alone and if you once gave it away its never too late to take the right decision.

This is Nice Cyndie, I applaud your courage but don't you ever get lonely? Like someone to talk to? Are you in a relationship? If No, why? Is it dat u haven't gotten offers or you have but you turned it down? Please I'm curious, awaiting your response
Re: The Wait!!! by Apina(m): 12:03pm On May 22, 2018
itsmeurLady:

Lolzzz... Men and Virgins grin grin Anywayz I am not but I have decided to be Celibate, is dat a wrong thing? smiley but well , just incase u are looking for celibate virgins, just stick around U'd find some virgin ladies that are waiting as well, All the Best!
I'm not searching for one, was just curious. But hope u know self touching, the use of cucumber and its affiliates violates this pledge/vow? grin
Re: The Wait!!! by itsmeurLady(f): 12:18pm On May 22, 2018
Apina:

I'm not searching for one, was just curious. But hope u know self touching, the use of cucumber and its affiliates violates this pledge/vow? grin

Lmaoo u are just a troublemaker... please don't comman corrupt our thoughts , we know that already grin tongue
Re: The Wait!!! by Brightgem(f): 12:26pm On May 22, 2018
itsmeurLady:

We should create a Watsapp group to inspire/motivate each other. What do u think?? Celibacy is not so easy but with the right crowd and energy, I think it will be easy... let me know what you think
BTW, we have to be friends, by must friendship, i love your mindset kiss
Lolz! I don start dey follow since last year na (just today) . The watsapp group may be a good idea or not, sorry I hate groups cuz people mess it up and it gets noisy then u will be afraid of leaving so u not seen as the villain. Maybe a facebook page some sort of movement, whether Christian or Muslim or Hindu or warefa if u believe in Moral uprightness we are one.... we shd talk about this.
Re: The Wait!!! by garryi: 12:32pm On May 22, 2018
I know that some people will want to nullify what the op is trying to project but it doesn't matter. The most important thing is doing the right thing regardless of whatever the majority is saying. One with God is a majority and surely on the winning side.
Re: The Wait!!! by itsmeurLady(f): 12:42pm On May 22, 2018
Brightgem:
Lolz! I don start dey follow since last year na (just today) . The watsapp group may be a good idea or not, sorry I hate groups cuz people mess it up and it gets noisy then u will be afraid of leaving so u not seen as the villain. Maybe a facebook page some sort of movement, whether Christian or Muslim or Hindu or warefa if u believe in Moral uprightness we are one.... we shd talk about this.

Nice point u raised tho but check your DM, just messaged you

1 Like

Re: The Wait!!! by itsmeurLady(f): 12:44pm On May 22, 2018
garryi:
I know that some people will want to nullify what the op is trying to project but it doesn't matter. The most important thing is doing the right thing regardless of whatever the majority is saying. One with God is a majority and surely on the winning side.

Please kindly follow back, just followed you... you are very positive
Re: The Wait!!! by Brightgem(f): 8:01pm On May 22, 2018
itsmeurLady:

Nice point u raised tho but check your DM, just messaged you
Hiya. I got the DM hard to reply through my phone, so pls send me a number I can watsapp u with through t same means she sent that message. Its a good cause. shey its not only a ladies affair
Re: The Wait!!! by itsmeurLady(f): 9:00pm On May 22, 2018
Brightgem:
Hiya. I got the DM hard to reply through my phone, so pls send me a number I can watsapp u with through t same means she sent that message. Its a good cause. shey its not only a ladies affair

Ohkay will do that right Away!
Re: The Wait!!! by tomdon(m): 2:48am On May 23, 2018
itsmeurLady:

The truth is being celibate has nothing to do with wether u are a virgin or not. It's a choice to stay away from sex until after marriage but if u are a virgin it's an added advantage. Secondly any partner that will want you to go against your will/faith to please him does not genuinely love you. Ask most serious minded men around you, they can not leave a lady they love because she said she's not gonna give them sex, instead their love and respect increases for you the more and the more they want to keep you. Most of Us (ladies) tend to think for our men, and then possibly get scared that he won't buy the idea but just pray and give it a try, u will be amazed at the response u will get from them.

Any man who's love and respect increases for you because you refuse him sex is a clown, a jester. Very funny
Let your decision to remain celibate be for your self and not because it will make a man love and respect you more, how's that possible when I know you are just saying no to sex before marriage to me to hoodwink me into marriage while you fukk another guy that very night
Re: The Wait!!! by tomdon(m): 2:58am On May 23, 2018
itsmeurLady:

Hahaha haha
Which one be celibate virgin again??
You people will not kee person with laugh

Is that a wrong thing? Guess you're not asking for validation
Anyway though, your decision is for yourself, let it be based on your conviction, whereon peace is found, and not struggle for validation
Re: The Wait!!! by tomdon(m): 3:09am On May 23, 2018
cyndie27:

You will never regret. I believe it is harder for some than others
I asked my sister and she categorically said it wasn't that hard for her as some people paint it.
You're better off with it than without it, as you can see that many who don't have what you have are trying to refresh.
What we see nowadays is ladies of marriageable age telling you no sex before marriage after they have collected all possible styles in the past. Goodluck to everyone sha.
You need to continue to pray for the right person who will value you and love you unconditionally.
Relate more and be receptive, look your best always, the right guy is around the corner

1 Like

Re: The Wait!!! by highqueen(f): 3:19am On May 23, 2018
and the deception continues.

what's the need in coming here to talk of what millions of girls do out there,celibating isn't that hard,so I wonder why the noise.

unless you are here to seek for a life partner by painting yourself white.grin

goodluck though.

1 Like

Re: The Wait!!! by garryi: 8:22am On May 23, 2018
highqueen:

what's the need in coming here to talk of what millions of girls do out there,celibating isn't that hard,so I wonder why the noise.

goodluck though.

Celibacy could be hard especially in this generation where people who practice it are few and seen as aliens. A generation where people who constantly get between the sheets are celebrated and seen as acceptable as against their celibate counterparts hence the temptation to join the bandwagon. Having said that you don't practice celibacy to seek validation from anybody. You only do it for God and the good of yourself.

2 Likes

Re: The Wait!!! by cyndie27(f): 1:15pm On May 23, 2018
itsmeurLady:

This is Nice Cyndie, I applaud your courage but don't you ever get lonely? Like someone to talk to? Are you in a relationship? If No, why? Is it dat u haven't gotten offers or you have but you turned it down? Please I'm curious, awaiting your response

I do most times and even get scared of what my future could be like but whatelse can I do but wait. No I am not in a relationship. ther will alawys be offers but its this thing of the people you dont like in that way want you and those you would really like to are not interested or dont take you seriously. I am still hopeful inspite of everything.

1 Like

Re: The Wait!!! by itsmeurLady(f): 3:06pm On May 24, 2018
highqueen:

goodluck though.

Please show me the millions of girls I want to know them... secondly, celibacy is not hard?? It only shows u have zero idea of what u are talking about and just for the record, this group wasn't created for the vain reason u put up der, but I started this thread so that we can encourage ourselves to continue practicing it. Iron they say sharpens iron!

2 Likes

Re: The Wait!!! by highqueen(f): 3:56pm On May 24, 2018
itsmeurLady:

Please show me the millions of girls I want to know them... secondly, celibacy is not hard?? It only shows u have zero idea of what u are talking about and just for the record, this group wasn't created for the vain reason u put up der, but I started this thread so that we can encourage ourselves to continue practicing it. Iron they say sharpens iron!
seriously?celibacy is hard?shocked

check your homones then,may be its over reacting.shocked

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

When A Lady Tells U About Her Male Admirers: / I Cheated On My Girl... / Are People Really Born Gay?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.