Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,315 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:43 AM

Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? - Family (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? (49319 Views)

Single Mothers' Household Produce The Worst Kids — American Lady(vid,pix) / 'I Don't Help Single Mothers' - Reno Omokri / I Cause Pain To A Lot Of People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 10:03am On May 04, 2018
kunleweb:

An autonomous soul is self destructive no doubt, however the law shapes the practitioner to become lawful by nature not requiring observance of the law as maturation builds up.Constant need of the law is for an un-improving soul.
You are right to some extent.I don't want to argue with you on this one since I quite agree so let us call it a day.

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by princfred(m): 10:04am On May 04, 2018
Hanseel1:

exactly what I said...

99% of the women who believe they aren't equal to their husbands are women who're heavily dependent on their husbands.

Madam you better step up.

You were born from a pussy, a man is also born from the pussy
stop deceiving yourself...
When it comes to marriage, their cant be two captains in a ship. One must head the other.

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by ImaIma1(f): 10:04am On May 04, 2018
laudate:

Go back and read what you wrote in your previous post, and you would see that chauvinism is the word that best describes the traits you mentioned, in men. I was just trying to help you out. undecided

If that is the word that captures it, ok
Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by princfred(m): 10:05am On May 04, 2018
Hanseel1:

exactly what I said...

99% of the women who believe they aren't equal to their husbands are women who're heavily dependent on their husbands.

When it comes to marriage, there cant be two captains in a ship. One must head the other.
Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Nobody: 10:05am On May 04, 2018
princfred:
Madam no mind them . Man senior woman, spend money marry her, house woman, feed her, cloth her etc then she open mouth dey claim equality with me. Infact the converse of what they are saying is the truth. Na men who depend on the woman for any of the above that claim she is equal with them.

smh. ..

Bride price should be abolished

The money to build a house should be funded by both spouses. if it's rent then both spouses should pay

If that happens will you still be saying men and women aren't equal?

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Nobody: 10:06am On May 04, 2018
princfred:
When it comes to marriage, there cant be two captains in a ship. One must head the other.

It should end here so that it won't generate into another thing..
Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by ImaIma1(f): 10:08am On May 04, 2018
princfred:

Its also about living by the book even as the bible wrote it. Here we are telling the exact reasons why many men abandon their wifes and so much baby mama and instead of learning whats the men are sayin is or will likely drive them to this thing you are more inclined to running around it. Even with imaginary scenarios which are more of remote exceptions than the norm. No man is interested in right dragging or equalization with wife. That's not what he married for. The neck is below the head and anyday it tries to be equal with it, there will be problem.

I do not use imaginary or remote scenarios. Just plain real life. And my issue is with men using submission as an excuse to bully their wives.
While demanding respect, she needs to be loved and treated right.

Besides, how do i learn from guys here...guys who always label "Nigerian girls" trash and can't see past a lady's boobs or backside.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by princfred(m): 10:08am On May 04, 2018
kunleweb:

An autonomous soul is self destructive no doubt, however the law shapes the practitioner to become lawful by nature not requiring observance of the law as maturation builds up.Constant need of the law is for an un-improving soul.
Also, there are concept beyond acute implementation of the law required for a great life which they dont teach lawyers. Such concepts as grace, love, forgiveness are not captured within the limits of laws hence introduced in the second testament for better human experience and societal advancement etc.
Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by chillychill(f): 10:10am On May 04, 2018
Hanseel1:

exactly what I said...

OK. I hope n pray u marry a feminist (dats if ure a man behind dat monicker) den Ull love your 50-50 marriage cheesy
Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by koolfm102(m): 10:10am On May 04, 2018
from my own perspective.i think the fear for abortion as a sin and the fear of God against killing of innocent child is factor to be greatly consider
and also i discovered that some guys in Nigeria has begin to adopt the say of foreigners like im not married yet, i have a baby mama, she's my bed mate, i don't want marriage now, to the extend that some of the ladies will so foolish to have given birth to more than 2 children for a guy that still claim to be her boyfriend.the most funny part is that some ladies of nowadays are willing to have children without husband because of their arrogant.............................................................what a strange world
Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by laudate: 10:12am On May 04, 2018
Deejaygold:
It's better to remain a single mother then to stay with a murderer

Kpom kwem!! cheesy cool
Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Nobody: 10:12am On May 04, 2018
chillychill:

OK. I hope n pray u marry a feminist (dats if ure a man behind dat monicker) den Ull love your 50-50 marriage cheesy

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by chillychill(f): 10:12am On May 04, 2018
princfred:
Madam no mind them . Man senior woman, spend money marry her, house woman, feed her, cloth her etc then she open mouth dey claim equality with me. Infact the converse of what they are saying is the truth. Na men who depend on the woman for any of the above that claim she is equal with them. Their cant be two captains in a ship.

Lol most of em don't know what live is all about
Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by princfred(m): 10:15am On May 04, 2018
Hanseel1:

It should end here so that it won't generate into another thing..
Degenerate to what? We are dealing with facts and issues i dont know what else you want it to degenerate to.
Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by princfred(m): 10:17am On May 04, 2018
chillychill:

Lol most of em don't know what live is all about
Abi. Until men start demanding every woman has to satisfy all the above i listed before to also earn his love and respect they will know what equality means. Since its all about earning this and that and dragging captainship. Love, relationship and marriage is not about earning this and that and dragging captainship, other parameters applies.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by kunleweb: 10:17am On May 04, 2018
princfred:
Also, there are concept beyond acute implementation of the law required for a great life which they dont teach lawyers. Such concepts as grace, love, forgiveness are mot captured within the limits of laws hence introduced in the second testament for better human experience etc.

Which are lessons the human soul learns by experience in the journey of life. Ref, the book of Hebrews

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by princfred(m): 10:29am On May 04, 2018
ImaIma1:

I do not use imaginary or remote scenarios. Just plain real life. And my issue is with men using submission as an excuse to bully their wives.
While demanding respect, she needs to be loved and treated right.

Besides, how do i learn from guys here...guys who always label "Nigerian girls" trash and can't see past a lady's boobs or backside.
I asked before how many percentage of women pay groom price, house, feed and cloth the man that makes cases you used not to be remote?. I dont not subscribe to men bullying their wives. Am only saying two captains cant run a ship and captains dont get swapped in marriage. If you doubt, tell a man or even give him attitude that you are now equal as head with him and see how that goes.
Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Nobody: 10:33am On May 04, 2018
princfred:
i
I asked before how many percentage of women pay groom price, house, feed and cloth the man that makes such cases not to be remote? . I dont not subscribe to men bullying their wives.

I don't accept bride price and I can fund myself so am I exempt from your rule? Or do I have to fund him (an adult) to be exempt from your rule

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Water101(f): 10:33am On May 04, 2018
Some of the ladies keep the father of their child in the dark because they don't love the dad and prefer to raise the child alone.They don't want to be under any man,they love their freedom.so many more reason but i choose to pen this down.
Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by FKMagazine(m): 10:33am On May 04, 2018
It is becos feminism have become the watchword of many instead of simply being a 'FEMALE' OR 'WIFE' of valour. Its a sad state of mind, because, (what is work without labour? what is family without head & children? what is flock without a shepherd? what is money without value(value for self esteem & exchange in return)? what is life without 'TRUE' love(love endures suffering, dont keep malice, gives in a relationship, helps the neighbour/needy, don't bow to pressure or circumstances and love dont quit)? Even when things are tough, say to yourself, i won't bow to pressure. In the Holy Bible & Holy Quran, no women are chasing shadows by comparing themselves with the statute of men (Standing shoulder to shoulder with men). Sometimes, I think what you know too much often conflicts with things you've worked for and can destroy such as family & friends - the strong relationship which you've sweat to built over the years with all your might, body, soul, spirit, resources, hands, time and even your knowledge(brain) as well. WOMEN BE WISE, there is no perfect marriage or relationship. The Holy Bible says, ''A wise woman builds her home, but a foolish one uses her hand to destroy it.'' That is why you see that all successful companies have MANAGEMENT BOARD. This they do, in order to secure the future of the company to success and the present day to day activities of staffs for profitability. And all key/preference shareholders are part of the management to make decision for others to abide with. and most decision comes with technical advice and cumulative funding, with an eagle eye to get their dividends at the end of the year of that particular business. you need a partner to succeed in life. Success is not only on monetary values, our cultural values, human dignity, self esteem, emotional help, love & care, intimacy talk, the promise and the assurance. these things and more are very key and must be taken serious before considering any divorce or racing a child/children as a single mother.

My message is simple: please go back to the drawing board and discuss the issue, accept faults, resolve issues and settle down together again. He belongs to you. ''all men are like dog, but if you can create time, you can train him to become your pet" & do as you like without any charm/spell.

God Bless your union, please don't quit!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by princfred(m): 10:38am On May 04, 2018
LivingFree:

I don't accept bride price and I can fund myself so am I exempt from your rule? Or do I have to fund him (an adult) to be exempt from your rule
Your case is an exception, a remote case just as i said earlier, not the norm as a 1000 to 1 women accept and even demand pride price. And even at that, are you also willing to house, feed and cloth a man as the thousands of men to your 1 ratio do so as to claim / "earn" captainship in the home?
Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Nobody: 10:42am On May 04, 2018
princfred:
Your case is an exception, a remote case as i said earlier, not the norm as a 1000 to 1 woman accepts and demands pride price. And even at that, are you also willing to house, feed and cloth a man as the thousands of men do so as to clain/"earn" captainship?

Lol! So I am not exempt until I feed and clothe a grown man? Even if no man has ever fed or clothed me

There's no winning in your logic.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by kunleweb: 10:44am On May 04, 2018
Water101:
Some of the ladies keep the father of their child in the dark because they don't love the dad and prefer to raise the child alone.They don't want to be under any man,they love their freedom.so many more reason but i choose to pen this down.

e-hugs
Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by princfred(m): 10:46am On May 04, 2018
LivingFree:

Lol! So I am not exempt until I feed and clothe a grown man? Even if no man has ever fed or clothed me

There's no winning in your logic.
Of course, if you want to earn being a captain then why not be ready to fulfill the obligations involved in earning it while expecting men to fulfil such obligation because men dont wait to be first clothed or fed by women before undertaking such roles. I should even tell you neither should other women who aspire to be captain be told. Just go ahead cuz that's exactly what men undertake to do subconsciously if its by earning it.

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by justtoodark: 10:52am On May 04, 2018
madridguy:
1. The society need restructuring shocked

2. Ladies should stop thinking they could tie guys down with pregnancy

3. POVERTY: To me this is the leading factor. A guy at 35 years of age will still be running from responsibility, not that he's not willing to have a family of his own but Nigeria situation is not helping matter. The female counterpart at that age may not have other option than to be looking for donor ( Baby father ) when she observes time is going.

Brb

you are talking nonesense,its all over the world the same situation....

the traditional marriage thing is breaking down worldwide....

its not even about money sef....
Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by princfred(m): 10:55am On May 04, 2018
justtoodark:

you are talking nonesense,its all over the world the same situation....

the traditional marriage thing is breaking down worldwide....

its not even about money sef....
Yeah at the bolded and the result is already all too obvious- leaving baby mamas in its wake. It will continue until seven women will beg a man just to answer his name when they all see the misery of their acute law, belligerent, arrogant, selfish, greedy, contentious orientation. It is written.
Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Nobody: 10:59am On May 04, 2018
princfred:
Of course, if you want to earn being a captain then why not be ready to fulfill the obligations if one to earn it while expecting men to fulfil such obligation because men dont wait to be first clothed or fed by women before undertaking such roles. I should even tell you neither should other women who aspire to be captain be told. Just go ahead cuz that's exactly what men undertake to do subconsciously if its by earning it.

You make no sense... you move the goal post to suit your argument so you win... I wish you a pleasant day smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by princfred(m): 11:10am On May 04, 2018
LivingFree:

You make no sense... you move the goal post to suit your argument so you win... I wish you a pleasant day smiley
How? You said love and respect and captainship should be by earning this or that, I said it should not be solely by earning. You insisted . So i gave you what it takes to earn it which men naturally undertake (which they may be successful at or not) and said if you want it based on earning then you should also undertake those functions. Also, how will you feel if while you are at it, your man makes it clear he only respects you based on your ability to successfully achieve those functions? Also what if you lose your ability to cater for even yourself will it be ok then for your husband to no more respect you as he will be feeding you and paying your rents then? *Or should he stop housing and feeding you* Since love and respect must be earned based in your law. Thats why i told you such empirical human laws are not capable of leading to a sustainable human relationship. Now you make me feel bad cuz i don't like when a lady makes me feel like am "oppressing" her into submission. The aim is not for one person to win. Its for us to understand better and so win together.
Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by ImaIma1(f): 11:16am On May 04, 2018
princfred:

I asked before how many percentage of women pay groom price, house, feed and cloth the man that makes cases you used not to be remote?. I dont not subscribe to men bullying their wives. Am only saying two captains cant run a ship and captains dont get swapped in marriage. If you doubt, tell a man or even give him attitude that you are now equal as head with him and see how that goes.

In a lot of cases,both husband and wife contribute to the wedding. They split the expenses.

A man's place as the head is not negotiable; even the Bible states it.

A marriage where the husband always wants to lord over his wife and shut her up or down everytime is not a healthy one

2 Likes

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by princfred(m): 11:21am On May 04, 2018
ImaIma1:

In a lot of cases,both husband and wife contribute to the wedding. They split the expenses.

A man's place as the head is not negotiable; even the Bible states it.

A marriage where the husband always wants to lord over his wife and shut her uo or down everytime is not a healthy one
Of course i agree but a woman has to know that the man is his lord not to start dragging position with the man based on earning this or that. Now women call their men my baby instead of my lord. Overtime and intermittently, the man has to reinstate his "manhood" and lordship as the case may be.
Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Nobody: 11:22am On May 04, 2018
princfred:
How? You said love and respect and captainship should be by earning this or that, I said it should be solely by earning. You insisted . So i gave you what it takes to earn it which men naturally undertake (which they may be successful at or not) and said if you want it based on earning then you should also undertake those functions. Also, how will you feel if while you are at it, your man makes it clear he only respects you based in your ability to successfully achieve those functions? Also what if you lose your ability to cater for even yourself will it be ok then for your husband to no more respect you as he will be feeding you and paying your rents? Since love and respect must be earned based in your law. Thats why i told you such empirical human laws are not capable of leading to a sustainable human relationship. Now you make me feel bad cuz i don't like when a lady makes me feel like am "oppressing" her into submission. The aim is not for one person to win. Its for us to understand better and so win together.

Mate! know who you are quoting and who quoted you saying what... I never said any of those things. It's like having a conversation with a mad man! You are mixing me up with ladyhip... something. You have put all our opinions together. Have an amazing day, I'm done trying to chat to you.
Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by princfred(m): 11:26am On May 04, 2018
LivingFree:

Mate! know who you are quoting and who quoted you saying what... I never said any of those things. It's like having a conversation with a mad man! You are mixing me up with ladyhip... something. You have put all our opinions together. Have an amazing day, I'm done trying to chat to you.
Now you want us to go down that slippery road of insults. I bet you wont find it lovely with me down that path. I dont think i have used any derogatory word since just note i dont shy away when challenged. If the facts i espoused is paining your brain or too heavy for it, why not tell me? I bet you are one of those ladies who will question calling her man my lord just because you sabi write Obi is a boy. ��

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

This Little Girl Got Married In Northern Nigeria (Unconfirmed) / Mom Of 5 Dies After Falling Off Party Bus While Celebrating Her 30th Birthday / How Lady Was Killed By Poison After Getting Married Against Family Wish. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.