Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,278 members, 7,811,827 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:26 PM

About To Get Married; Should I Ask Her About Her Medical Records? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / About To Get Married; Should I Ask Her About Her Medical Records? (41664 Views)

Is It Proper To Ask Her Out Via Phone Call? / Can I Ask My Boss Out For Valentine? / I Want To Get Married To My Fiance But Her Medical Condition Is Making Me Having (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: About To Get Married; Should I Ask Her About Her Medical Records? by Oritzy: 1:33am On May 10, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

She obviously has HIV.
Most churches will object to wedding you two, if you are negative.
But the registry doesn't mind.

Thank me later.
But I honestly doubt that you are ready to get married if you aren't man enough to ask her these questions yourself.

my thoughts too @bolded
Re: About To Get Married; Should I Ask Her About Her Medical Records? by KingMicky3286: 1:34am On May 10, 2018
Jogunomi1:
We are planning to get married. I'm thinking of asking her if there is any medical problem we should disclose to each other.

While we were discussing marriage, she opted for registry despite that she is a staunch church girl. What do you think?

Go to www.questionnigeria.com it will help you a lot.
Re: About To Get Married; Should I Ask Her About Her Medical Records? by Oritzy: 1:37am On May 10, 2018
Michelle55:
ask her every questions you deem fit since its for the betterment of you both.. igbo people say "person wey dey ask questions no dey miss road " as for me the first question I ask any dude I wanna date is the genotype and if it happens we're same, whatever I think I feel for you ends abruptly. same goes with babydaddy dramas.. so Op ask questions that would help shape your lives for the better days ahead

Re: About To Get Married; Should I Ask Her About Her Medical Records? by Nobody: 1:46am On May 10, 2018
IamaNigerianGuy:

So I take it that you have no solid reasons backed by evidence.

in 2014 both CNN and BBC conducted polls on this topic.

87% of Americans believe that divorce laws favors women 100% more than men.

90% of Brits admitted that divorce laws favors women more.

If the citizens of the two most civilized nations on earth can admit that divorce laws favour women more.. who the hell are you to question me?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: About To Get Married; Should I Ask Her About Her Medical Records? by Mutemenot(m): 1:51am On May 10, 2018
Espada10:

Why?

Explain more

It's purposely meant for women to have advantage over their husband in time of problems. Cos of the advantage, most women who goes into such marriage portray little or no respect to their partner knowing fully well they have court backup. So go for normal white wedding

2 Likes

Re: About To Get Married; Should I Ask Her About Her Medical Records? by omodejk12: 1:51am On May 10, 2018
yeah...
Lakeside79:
Ask your mum or dad

Your pastor too

uncle's or aunt's

Whatever you do , do not bring this type of personal issue to the public like this

Have some.self respect man !

angry
Re: About To Get Married; Should I Ask Her About Her Medical Records? by Nobody: 1:53am On May 10, 2018
When you are marrying the one God creates for you these kind questions no dey feature nobody is conniving or backing themselves up in case of failure this is like premeditation the HIV test is the scariest 5 mins on your life but its worth it for peace of mind even a comprehensive check up for both parties is sufficient you should already know your blood types

I didn't wait till marriage to do my checkups
Re: About To Get Married; Should I Ask Her About Her Medical Records? by Remix10(m): 3:26am On May 10, 2018
How soon is the date? Medicals should have been the first thing to be discussed before the relationship became serious.
That is knowing
1. HIV status
2. Genotype
3. Blood group
4. Hepatitis B status
In fact I had to send my Queen for all the general medical test and take full responsibility before I introduced her to my siblings.
In conclusion, Its never too late, I will suggest BOTH OF YOU should go for MEDICAL TEST to avoid story that touch.
As regards the court wedding, she wan collect her own ASSURANCE nio!

2 Likes

Re: About To Get Married; Should I Ask Her About Her Medical Records? by Nobody: 5:06am On May 10, 2018
Do you really need to ask for opinions on this??
So if we tell you "Don't ask her" you won't ask her abi... undecided

Smh
Re: About To Get Married; Should I Ask Her About Her Medical Records? by delishpot: 5:43am On May 10, 2018
Jogunomi1:
We are planning to get married. I'm thinking of asking her if there is any medical problem we should disclose to each other.

While we were discussing marriage, she opted for registry despite that she is a staunch church girl. What do you think?

Wetin registry get to do with Church? She believes you guys can do 1 and she choose the one with better backing how does that make her a non religious peraon?
Anyway, yes you guys should discuss medical conditions. But what if she doesnt know that she has any yet?
Re: About To Get Married; Should I Ask Her About Her Medical Records? by Kobicove(m): 6:04am On May 10, 2018
Jogunomi1:

I think your concerns are valid...

Ask her if she has any medical problems then closely watch her reaction...you may be able to get your answers from that

1 Like

Re: About To Get Married; Should I Ask Her About Her Medical Records? by miqos02(m): 6:24am On May 10, 2018
Hanseel1:

Guy go for church or traditional marriage.

don't try registry! court/registry marriage favours women 100%
don't do what you gonna regret later in life.

Only married men can relate .
No church will conduct marriage without Registry Certificate

1 Like

Re: About To Get Married; Should I Ask Her About Her Medical Records? by torera12345678: 6:34am On May 10, 2018
DonPikko:
you are rude, hope you don't end up beating your wife
Is that your definition of rudeness? The guy is nt rude, the answer is good for him.
Re: About To Get Married; Should I Ask Her About Her Medical Records? by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 6:36am On May 10, 2018
Hanseel1:

in 2014 both CNN and BBC conducted polls on this topic.

87% of Americans believe that divorce laws favors women 100% more than men.

90% of Brits admitted that divorce laws favors women more.

If the citizens of the two most civilized nations on earth can admit that divorce laws favour women more.. who the hell are you to question me?

I leave it to you to discover the double fallacy in your argument
Re: About To Get Married; Should I Ask Her About Her Medical Records? by MrBigiman: 6:52am On May 10, 2018
make 2 of una waka go hospital go do test. No fall prey oh. Insist on Church wedding, if she no gree, shun d babe.
Re: About To Get Married; Should I Ask Her About Her Medical Records? by Nobody: 6:52am On May 10, 2018
Jogunomi1:

ask her any and every question possible.. don't join the Assumptions gang.. I do hope she has questions to ask you as well... its really important to be as open as possible at this stage so that you guys will not receive the shock of your lives when married.
Re: About To Get Married; Should I Ask Her About Her Medical Records? by gideonvision: 6:53am On May 10, 2018
Marriage is life journey so ask any guestion you think is nesesary
Re: About To Get Married; Should I Ask Her About Her Medical Records? by adeniyisamuel59(m): 6:57am On May 10, 2018
Patented:
She may have done it to save you costs.

however the following Tests are necessary before marriage as an absolute minimum.
1. HIV test
2. Blood Type
HIV test after blasting and drilling, this one just weak me

Re: About To Get Married; Should I Ask Her About Her Medical Records? by Nobody: 7:04am On May 10, 2018
Is it the lady you sometime said has 4 kids? Ehhhh that explains why she want a court wedding, she has obviously done church wedding before.
Jogunomi1:

1 Like

Re: About To Get Married; Should I Ask Her About Her Medical Records? by Printerscanner: 7:25am On May 10, 2018
Hanseel1:

Court marriage favours women in Nigeria or Europe? Have you heard of any man whose property was shared into two and one part given to a gold digging ex-wife in Nigeria? Ask Stella Damascus-Aboderin-Nzeribe-Aderinokun if she got a single kobo from the Aboderins after the death of Mr Aboderin before she switched to husband snatching.

1 Like

Re: About To Get Married; Should I Ask Her About Her Medical Records? by OGHENAOGIE(m): 8:10am On May 10, 2018
Hanseel1:

see how selfish u are in dis age.... Couples who really love themselves court marriage is d best..... It's only a foolish woman that will not opt for marriage at registry besides church marriage is mere ceremony
Re: About To Get Married; Should I Ask Her About Her Medical Records? by nenergy(m): 8:14am On May 10, 2018
Hanseel1:

don't try registry! court/registry marriage favours women 100% don't do what you gonna regret later in life.
See thinking! Very primitive. I'm sure you're from the south east grin
Re: About To Get Married; Should I Ask Her About Her Medical Records? by holynony: 8:30am On May 10, 2018
my dear go ahead and ask her your question in order to make corrections if possible.
Re: About To Get Married; Should I Ask Her About Her Medical Records? by Bogii: 8:54am On May 10, 2018
akeentech:
She has aborted 3 pregnancies.

I know her very well
This is a serous matter not.........
Re: About To Get Married; Should I Ask Her About Her Medical Records? by salt1: 9:10am On May 10, 2018
Hanseel1:

Most licensed churches wed couples and issue them the registry certificate.
Unless your church isn't approved to offer such marriages.
So Church wedding is both a religious and legal ceremony

1 Like

Re: About To Get Married; Should I Ask Her About Her Medical Records? by Kobicove(m): 9:13am On May 10, 2018
IwillSucced:

Any woman that opts in for registry is simply trying to protect her future in case things go south... It was like a girl in my area when her story came out, They found out that she just married the man for his money and after marrying waited for the right time and filed for a divorce... She took 50% of his wealth with her and became an instant millionaire...

Women tend to protect their future this way, even though they don't wish for divorce.. The question is.... Are you going to play mugu and say this is the mother of my children, I don't care if she wrecks me? or are you going to protect your investment by looking deeper into her past, the way she behaves and the little signs you are missing?

How would the lady take 50% of the guy's assets when those assets were obviously acquired by the marriage before the marriage?
Re: About To Get Married; Should I Ask Her About Her Medical Records? by Kobicove(m): 9:16am On May 10, 2018
Printerscanner:

Court marriage favours women in Nigeria or Europe? Have you heard of any man whose property was shared into two and one part given to a gold digging ex-wife in Nigeria? Ask Stella Damascus-Aboderin-Nzeribe-Aderinokun if she got a single kobo from the Aboderins after the death of Mr Aboderin before she switched to husband snatching.

Guy na wetin Stella do you? grin
Re: About To Get Married; Should I Ask Her About Her Medical Records? by badesco(m): 9:31am On May 10, 2018
She is hiding something so back off before you enter into wahala.
Re: About To Get Married; Should I Ask Her About Her Medical Records? by GrammarCheck: 9:47am On May 10, 2018
Jogunomi1:

Ask ke? Abi go for medical check up together. Guy, you are not serious
Re: About To Get Married; Should I Ask Her About Her Medical Records? by CioAngels(f): 10:26am On May 10, 2018
Jogunomi1:

For me, it is a beautiful idea, you should ask her and pray she tells you the truth. As for taking about registry against church, do you have problem with her request? Another question is this, have you done your traditional marriage or you will do it? My dear, you should be lucky to have someone who is thinking straight after all, traditional is what is accepted and registry to document and legalise the marriage and not the church, but you can go to church for marriage blessing if you so wish.
Re: About To Get Married; Should I Ask Her About Her Medical Records? by shilz(f): 10:28am On May 10, 2018
PierreAbutu:

Avoid registry wedding my friend

Tell her you guys are going to get married in a licensed church......the certificate they would issue would suffice for legal reasons [observe her reactions]
Forget any funny reason she may give.....wives of nowadays...use sense to handle them

Meanwhile ask her if she has any medical or family secret
if she or her family worship idols
if she is a virgin.....if this answer is negative, let her explain how she was deflowered
try not to tell her all your secrets...so she won't use them against you in the near future [read MICAH 7:5]
Compel her to do all tests-HIV, FERTILITY,CERVICAL CANCER, BREAST CANCER, Fallopian tube,ovarian, blood group, hepatitis .....etc

Finally, quote me if you're interested in my book- 52 USEFUL TIPS FOR UNDERSTANDING WOMEN, and I'll tell you how to purchase it

Don't be swayed or deceived by all these churchy girl bullshit, all might be pretense....meet your mother for further guidance

Stay blessed

NB. On your own, do not tell her, but go and do fertility test
so you are saying its okey to keep his secret and expect to hear all of hers. The same bible you quoted up there didnt teach you to be sincere when dealing with others? so u mean its only a woman that will use a mans secret against him in future? Weldone!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

8 Characteristics Of Chronic Womanizers On Social Media / Man Forgives His Pregnant Fiancée Who Cheated On Him With His Brother / Man Slaps His Girlfriend After He Caught Her With Another Man On Valentine's Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.