Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,259 members, 7,839,317 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:53 PM

My Fiance Is Fading Away From Me - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Fiance Is Fading Away From Me (4039 Views)

Help! My Fiance Is HIV Positive, I'm Not; What Do I Do? / Her Fiance Is Seriously Complaining About Her Boobs / Signs That Your Long Distance Relationship Is Fading (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Fiance Is Fading Away From Me by Sweetypie: 12:00pm On Mar 19, 2007
i need u guys to enlighten me more on distance relationship.  i have a fiance that left for UK last year, initially, we were communicating effectively, but recently he has stopped calling, I'm d one making most of the calls and wen i complain, he always tell me not to worry, dat there is no cause for alarm, dats its due to his work. but its dat enough reason for him not to call me?   sad
Re: My Fiance Is Fading Away From Me by Bolarge(m): 2:40pm On Mar 19, 2007
If you're keen on getting worthwhile contributions to your post you'd have to be more elaborate on some issues so answer these following questions to guide would-be respondents:

1.Define your relationship with this guy.Many people use the word fiance interchangeably with boyfriend. Were u guys seriously considering marriage before he left?

2.How old is the relationship?
3.Was his travelling out mutually agreed on by u both?
4.What was the state of the relationship before he left?
5.Any history of infidelity/unfaithfulness in the rl'ship?
6.When is he due back in the country?

I've never been a fan of long distance relationships.
Re: My Fiance Is Fading Away From Me by Nikegenius(f): 3:10pm On Mar 19, 2007
Re: My Fiance Is Fading Away From Me by Sweetypie: 4:00pm On Mar 19, 2007
we ve bn dating 4 d past 2yrs and, yes, we talked abt marriage b4 he left,
Re: My Fiance Is Fading Away From Me by ikamefa(f): 10:01pm On Mar 19, 2007
subscribing! tongue
Re: My Fiance Is Fading Away From Me by OmoEko1(f): 10:16pm On Mar 19, 2007
Nikegenius:

@Bolarge
You are very analytical.
grin

I Was about to say the same thing too oooo

@the topic
Did he give u a ring that said u should be his wife before he went to UK, but if he didn't u better start looking for someone else or for another partner so u don't get disappointed later on. becos trust him his not faithful to u, he got another women up there.
it's does matter how busy he is, he should be albe to call u, even if it just for 30sec.
Re: My Fiance Is Fading Away From Me by pati(f): 11:02pm On Mar 19, 2007
I think he's got something up his sleeve O! Make him understanding that ur still here waiting for him, so that if there's anything he needs to tell you, he Say's it now.
Re: My Fiance Is Fading Away From Me by Ferlie(m): 11:04pm On Mar 19, 2007
fading? which kain English be that? u know how many women dey UK wey dey find man? Ask yourself, if na u, u go wait? Abeg, forget the man, even me i dey see married men dey fok themselves tire for here - UK, u come say u get one fiance, fiance ko, tianshe ni.
Re: My Fiance Is Fading Away From Me by bluenubian(f): 11:08pm On Mar 19, 2007
dont worry girlie, he prolly has something keeping him busy, but he ll turn around sooner or later, i have a cousin that left his high school sweet heart and came to the US, was here for 8 yrs, keeping in touch with his sweetheart, but there were times he wud go for months without calling her, he dated other women in the US, i guess to preoccupy his time, but after all was said and done he went back to Naija to marry his sweet heart. be strong and focus on other things while keeping ur fiance in mind
Re: My Fiance Is Fading Away From Me by OmoEko1(f): 11:11pm On Mar 19, 2007
@ Ferlie

Why don't u say or write a positive comment on this forum just once. rolling eyes
Re: My Fiance Is Fading Away From Me by Ferlie(m): 11:14pm On Mar 19, 2007
Omo Eko:

@ Ferlie

Why don't u say or write a positive comment on this forum just once. rolling eyes

u mean i should lick arses for once? ok.
Re: My Fiance Is Fading Away From Me by SweetT1: 11:23pm On Mar 19, 2007
I feel you. You realy need to becareful, study the situation and don't jump into conclusions too early. It's possible that he might be busy and takes you for granted that you will always be there or he might be up to something. Only God knows. But you being the woman, you need to be true to yourself and try to get to know somebody in his family that you can be close with. Long distance relationships work sometimes but it depends on the faithfulness of the individuals involved. My situation was very sad. we parted for 8 years, only communicating occassionaly. She decided it was time to marry and she began to communicate with me. I fell for it and ignore all the neccessary signs of changes that i began to see in her. She was always giving me reasons to be suspicious. From Lagos to Abuja to Ibadan. But love blinds you sometimes. Everything came crashing down last october when i went to Nigeria. Her phone revealed some texts messages to her doctor that ended a sweet dream. Prayer does work, God revealed to me that she does not deserve a man like me. As at the time of typing this reply, she still has a valid U.S immigrant visa in her hand that i filed for her. But i had to change the plan in order to have a happy marriage. I hope she finds another man that will take care of her. My advise to you is find someone that knows your fiance in London and see if you can get some information from them before you put all your heart into this relationship. Some people don't like to be watched but i think it's good when it comes to marriage to know who exactly you are dealing with. People can be decieving. And are you sure that you are faithful too? I don't know your condition in Nigeria, but i found out that the level of poverty in Nigeria is driving men and women into unbelievable acts to survive. It's sad. But i'm all good now.
Re: My Fiance Is Fading Away From Me by Ferlie(m): 11:25pm On Mar 19, 2007
Sweet T:

I feel you. You realy need to becareful, study the situation and don't jump into conclusions too early. It's possible that he might be busy and takes you for granted that you will always be there or he might be up to something. Only God knows. But you being the woman, you need to be true to yourself and try to get to know somebody in his family that you can be close with. Long distance relationships work sometimes but it depends on the faithfulness of the individuals involved. My situation was very sad. we parted for 8 years, only communicating occassionaly. She decided it was time to marry and she began to communicate with me. I fell for it and ignore all the neccessary signs of changes that i began to see in her. She was always giving me reasons to be suspicious. From Lagos to Abuja to Ibadan. But love blinds you sometimes. Everything came crashing down last october when i went to Nigeria. Her phone revealed some texts messages to her doctor that ended a sweet dream. Prayer does work, God revealed to me that she does not deserve a man like me. As at the time of typing this reply, she still has a valid U.S immigrant visa in her hand that i filed for her. But i had to change the plan in order to have a happy marriage. I hope she finds another man that will take care of her. My advise to you is find someone that knows your fiance in London and see if you can get some information from them before you put all your heart into this relationship. Some people don't like to be watched but i think it's good when it comes to marriage to know who exactly you are dealing with. People can be decieving. And are you sure that you are faithful too? I don't know your condition in Nigeria, but i found out that the level of poverty in Nigeria is driving men and women into unbelievable acts to survive. It's sad. But i'm all good now.

How u go make this silly comment your first post here?
Re: My Fiance Is Fading Away From Me by OmoEko1(f): 11:26pm On Mar 19, 2007
Ferlie:

How u go make this silly comment your first post here?
u right yea for once cheesy
Re: My Fiance Is Fading Away From Me by Ferlie(m): 11:28pm On Mar 19, 2007
Omo Eko:

u right yea for once cheesy

i love u
Re: My Fiance Is Fading Away From Me by bluenubian(f): 11:28pm On Mar 19, 2007
how the heck is he right?

@silly T
your 1 and only post is worth more than those of some people ferlie on Nairaland
Re: My Fiance Is Fading Away From Me by SweetT1: 11:34pm On Mar 19, 2007
His Job is not enough reasons not to call, I don't know how things are in London but i know he has 30 min. in a day to call someone that sings a sweet song to his heart. Or may be his finding it hard to settle down since he just left 2 years ago. Talk to him and ask him wzup? And also do your own homework and be prayerful. It always works ! How old are you by the way? If time is on your side, take your time and follow the rules of righteousness and all will be well with you.
Re: My Fiance Is Fading Away From Me by Ferlie(m): 11:35pm On Mar 19, 2007
wetin im dey yearn?
Re: My Fiance Is Fading Away From Me by SweetT1: 11:37pm On Mar 19, 2007
@ ferlie, faggott or whatever your name is.

The post was not for you, you fu#$@!@# butt breath.
Re: My Fiance Is Fading Away From Me by hotonuo(f): 11:37pm On Mar 19, 2007
i believe that a man should atleast have the decency to keep in touch with the one he loves regularly.yes ,he might be busy but he should still keep in touch for atleast 5mins.i don't know what is wrong with guys.anyway,life is funny.they do not know their woman's worth until she is gone :
Re: My Fiance Is Fading Away From Me by Ferlie(m): 11:37pm On Mar 19, 2007
u r a cucumber - newbie - johny just come. mr sheshede.
Re: My Fiance Is Fading Away From Me by hotonuo(f): 11:40pm On Mar 19, 2007
@ferlie,av u ever fallen in love.NOT LUST OR INFATUATION O.as in someone u want to be with and do everything with?
Re: My Fiance Is Fading Away From Me by SweetT1: 11:41pm On Mar 19, 2007
@ ferlie/gay

Where is your mama? how did you get on the computer? Don't start s#!^$% with me, aight?
Re: My Fiance Is Fading Away From Me by hotonuo(f): 11:43pm On Mar 19, 2007
na wa o
Re: My Fiance Is Fading Away From Me by Ferlie(m): 11:44pm On Mar 19, 2007
Sweet T:

@ ferlie/gay

Where is your mama? how did you get on the computer? Don't start s#!^$% with me, aight?

Hahahaha. Mr Newbie - i am sure u will soon be blocked, see your ogbonge head, i sure say u no dey wear pant, see you prick dey flow.
Re: My Fiance Is Fading Away From Me by SweetT1: 11:44pm On Mar 19, 2007
@ hot

ferlie/gay has never fallen in love, he's still busy trying to figure out if his male of female !
Re: My Fiance Is Fading Away From Me by OmoEko1(f): 11:45pm On Mar 19, 2007
Everyone plz stop this is someone else thread angry angry angry
Re: My Fiance Is Fading Away From Me by SweetT1: 11:47pm On Mar 19, 2007
@ ferlie

I've been a member for a while now, i just decided to change my account because i got a new E-mail address. Now go lay down.
Re: My Fiance Is Fading Away From Me by alabiyemmy(m): 11:50pm On Mar 19, 2007
Re: My Fiance Is Fading Away From Me by akara(m): 3:18am On Mar 20, 2007
grin

Nice Dear John/ Jane replies.

grin
Re: My Fiance Is Fading Away From Me by spoilt(f): 7:09am On Mar 20, 2007
@sweetypie

being in a long distance relationship is the hardest thing on earth. if there is even the smallest shred of doubt in your mind about his actions, then my dear its time to move on. its not that difficult for a man to pick up the phone and make a 2 minute call to see how you are doing( no matter how busy he claims he is) A lot of naija guys go abroad see white women, become fascinated and forget you back in naija. a man in naija is worth ten in obodo oyibo! dont waste your youth waiting for a man who's not forthcoming!
Re: My Fiance Is Fading Away From Me by agnesoseka: 9:40am On Mar 20, 2007
this is a hard one, I dont believe in long distance r/ships, not even in different states in nigeria not to talk of being in different countries its not easy, cos that'll be a different ball game all together, its better u guys define wat u have and know if its time to move on, cos u r a chick and he is a guy,it is not easy for women but if you are sure you guys are still on the same page,then i guess the ''wait''will be worth it, another thing is, how long will he be there?? Wish u all the best girlie.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Should I honour Invitation from This Married Woman? / I Need A Single Lady / 7 Mistakes Men Should Avoid When Getting Married

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.