Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,552 members, 7,823,437 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:08 AM

Class And Decency: The Royal Wedding. - Romance (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Class And Decency: The Royal Wedding. (13498 Views)

Decency Is Not Old Fashioned Check This Pictures Out / “Hausa Girls Are Hypocrites Who Hides Under Decency” - Nigerian Lady Says / See One Thing Nigerian Girls Can Learn From The British Royal Wedding(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Re: Class And Decency: The Royal Wedding. by Nobody: 4:54am On May 29, 2018
LivingFree:

You are acting judgemental, and you can't even see it. In your attempts @ explanating things there's still critical judgement of other people and their choices, while you demand that you are not judgemental.
I am lost, I don't understand the points you and Sofia were making about (dressing a certain being okay for celebs but not the average Joe? ) Why are you guys tailor fitting morals, values and policies so they fit your narrative
Kim k isn't a woman, she isn't a mother? Why can she show her ass for money but the common chick can't? Why am I trash for wearing shorts and Beyonce is 'classy'

Macky is absolutely right but you're missing the point because you're too busy condemning instead of trying to understand.
TSOM tried to point out the disproportionate blame and slut shaming going on here but you guys still missed it.

(@Marine, I just followed the talk, I never read the op although I get the gist, beautifully presented )

Life is for living -Namaste-
Sweetheart. I don't get why you say I'm being judgmental.
All I saw Safia said was that celebrities like Beyonce dress in certain ways that an everyday person shouldn't. Why? Because Beyonce and even Kim Kardashian are using that to sell an image. If Kim K posts a nude now, she didn't post it just because she wants to; she did because she's trying to catch her audience attention. That's why they follow her.
But now, as an everyday person that isn't Kim, why should I do the same? What audience am I trying to sell? No matter how you put it, I have no business dressing like that. Unless you are in certain social settings appropriate for that kind of dressing, you shouldn't. You really don't understand me.
Would you go to an office dressed with all the boobs out? Or with a makeup so excessive it looks like it's for a play? Or would you go to an official setting dressed like you are going for a hip-hop concert?

Maky had no point, not to me.
Re: Class And Decency: The Royal Wedding. by StubbornGENIUS: 4:06pm On May 20, 2020
"You don't need to hide your face behind a bucket of make-up to look beautiful".Mariinee,you killed it here.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Why Are Fine Girls Always Very Difficult To Get? / Minority Nigerian Girls And Yoruba Men! / Naughty Friday Sex Proverbs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.