Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,288 members, 7,818,982 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:24 AM

Nigerian Police Uniforms Should Be Without Pockets? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Police Uniforms Should Be Without Pockets? (6661 Views)

Poll: Should They?

Yes: 75% (37 votes)
No: 24% (12 votes)
This poll has ended

Rivers:APC thug arrested with fake Army and Police uniforms (pics) / The Slaughter By Herdsmen/men In Army Uniforms: Should Nigerians Acquire Arms? / OPC, Ex-militants In Military Uniforms To Attack Opposition – APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Police Uniforms Should Be Without Pockets? by Skidoc(m): 1:08pm On Jun 01, 2010
@Poster, Very funny indeed. grin grin But it makes sense though.
Re: Nigerian Police Uniforms Should Be Without Pockets? by skyndyp(f): 1:20pm On Jun 01, 2010
JESUS!!!! You are a genuis for having such idea. GOD!!,i can imagine the plight of those beggers if this is actually implemented. cheesy
Re: Nigerian Police Uniforms Should Be Without Pockets? by Kx: 1:23pm On Jun 01, 2010
The last time i checked, those fraudulent police men keep their egunje in a neighbouring bush.
They are wiser than using their pockets.
Re: Nigerian Police Uniforms Should Be Without Pockets? by honeric01(m): 1:24pm On Jun 01, 2010
~Bluetooth:

would they also use thugs to roger civilians ?

all they need do is to stop the vehicle, liaise with the driver, while the thugs "settle" with the conductors  cool
Re: Nigerian Police Uniforms Should Be Without Pockets? by bisiaet: 1:27pm On Jun 01, 2010
Very funny but a great idea because it seems that their pocket is where that demon of bribery sleep every day. They can not just do without it infact he lives in them and dwell in that pocket. but lets wait a minute wont they started putting the notes N50, N100 N200 inside their cap? Hmmmmmm
Re: Nigerian Police Uniforms Should Be Without Pockets? by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jun 01, 2010
Even without clothes some officers will not stop collecting 'egunje' cos they now have account officers at bustops and checkpoints who are either touts or co-officers in mufti who collects on their behalf and later make account of their assumed 'share of the national cake' at the close of work. The issue of corruption has permeated our nation in general both economic, political and moral, even our youths wants to become billionaires overnight hence d advent of 419ers, yahoo boys, yahoo plus, ritual killings etc. The political class contributed immensely to d decadence due to their corrupt practices and luxurious lifestyles at the expense of populace which has influenced the masses psyche of survival of the fittest in whatever form cos our 'rulers' and politicians have made nigerians ( police inclusive) morally corrupted by denying us the basic needs like water, light, good roads, education, condusive environment for development and competition due to their greed in public offices. THE NIGERIA POLICE IS A REFLECTION OF THE NATION IN GENERAL!
Re: Nigerian Police Uniforms Should Be Without Pockets? by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jun 01, 2010
Nice Idea. But some of them have small wait bags strapped to their waists.
Re: Nigerian Police Uniforms Should Be Without Pockets? by wazobiang: 2:35pm On Jun 01, 2010
that will be cruel. full stop. so if he buys lollipop for his daughter on the way from the office he should hold it in his hands. or don't u consider them as human beings with human needs too.
Re: Nigerian Police Uniforms Should Be Without Pockets? by PurestBoy(m): 2:42pm On Jun 01, 2010
[size=32pt]Have you forgotten they still have their cap on?? [/size]
Re: Nigerian Police Uniforms Should Be Without Pockets? by oluite(f): 2:45pm On Jun 01, 2010
even stark naked they will collect,they will have d most brillant hiding place at that,
Re: Nigerian Police Uniforms Should Be Without Pockets? by spicyhoney(f): 2:50pm On Jun 01, 2010
Lol! Nice thought, wish those in charge can see this or reason this way.
Re: Nigerian Police Uniforms Should Be Without Pockets? by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jun 01, 2010
Re: Nigerian Police Uniforms Should Be Without Pockets? by LETDEMSAY(f): 3:39pm On Jun 01, 2010
i rather will prefer them naked to solve the problem of roger jamboree
Re: Nigerian Police Uniforms Should Be Without Pockets? by alldone(m): 4:05pm On Jun 01, 2010
they dont stock it in their pocket but in the bush. it is in their mind and let them recruit another sect they will follow that footsteps. corruption is a bad cancer that has eating deep into them.
Re: Nigerian Police Uniforms Should Be Without Pockets? by kufreabasi(m): 4:49pm On Jun 01, 2010
@ poster,
you sound so funny. can that stop them from stealing?
No. come to lawanson linking to ijesha, they have even employed agbero to be collecting that for them. Theirs is to stop motor and you'll see agbero rushing out from a hidden corner and police will be watching the action between conductor and the said agbero.
They are thieves. Pocket or no pocket, their lives is still standby.
Re: Nigerian Police Uniforms Should Be Without Pockets? by Sprumbaba: 5:07pm On Jun 01, 2010
Nigerian police dey follow person go cash money for ATM now.
Re: Nigerian Police Uniforms Should Be Without Pockets? by Acidosis(m): 7:27pm On Jun 01, 2010
Brilliant idea but I don't think it would be possible
Re: Nigerian Police Uniforms Should Be Without Pockets? by Fhemmmy: 7:43pm On Jun 01, 2010
PurestBoy:

You guys really think so low of our honorable police officers
Re: Nigerian Police Uniforms Should Be Without Pockets? by lyfe(m): 9:03pm On Jun 01, 2010
Even with cashless economy you will be forced to enter you PIN. On their pos.
You ve probably never heard about situation where thieves went to someone's house and marched victim to atm machine while holding his children as hostages.
You know nigerian police better.
Re: Nigerian Police Uniforms Should Be Without Pockets? by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jun 01, 2010
dude youre d best postrer on the net smiley
Re: Nigerian Police Uniforms Should Be Without Pockets? by lukkie(m): 11:10pm On Jun 01, 2010
One of the funniest topics on this forum. Guy, u try.
Re: Nigerian Police Uniforms Should Be Without Pockets? by haronky7: 11:52pm On Jun 01, 2010
Hmmmmm

Except they go unclothed (this would be ideal but unacceptable) or wear a restraining jacket like those used in assylum to restrain violent dudes (but then, they wont be able to do their policing work)

Otherwise, a modified pocket-less overall with zips at the back that can be locked/unlocked before leaving their stations

But believe me, these guys are ingenious!

They might start taking days off work for stomach upset because they might instead resort to swallowing the money - and to go collect it in the toilet after a 'busy day's work', if you know what I mean.
Re: Nigerian Police Uniforms Should Be Without Pockets? by mamagee3(f): 1:08am On Jun 02, 2010
Oh my God!
I almost laughed my butt off at this thread.
This is one hilarious topic.
grin
Re: Nigerian Police Uniforms Should Be Without Pockets? by shilling(f): 5:37am On Jun 02, 2010
Very funny thread. . .

PurestBoy:

cheesy grin grin
Re: Nigerian Police Uniforms Should Be Without Pockets? by OSBAG(m): 7:25am On Jun 02, 2010
That would be awelcome development that solves ouf 'egunje' problem. Though some might just go to their neighbourhood tailor to sew sacks in their uniforms. Coins wont solve anything as they would simply start clllecting 100naira
Re: Nigerian Police Uniforms Should Be Without Pockets? by Nobody: 7:31am On Jun 02, 2010
OSBAG:

That would be awelcome development that solves ouf 'egunje' problem. Though some might just go to their neighbourhood tailor to sew sacks in their uniforms. Coins wont solve anything as they would simply start clllecting 100naira
grin cheesy grin
Re: Nigerian Police Uniforms Should Be Without Pockets? by HOTandCOLD(m): 8:38am On Jun 02, 2010
@Kx: The last time i checked, those fraudulent police men keep their egunje in a neighbouring bush.
They are wiser than using their pockets.

Thank you. You hit the nail on the head

I can't believe you guys are responding to this thread without realising that the NPF are already ahead of the game. The NPF is a reflection of the society and its a mindset. Its the way we are (where do you think the recruits are from?)
I guess we don't like what we see, but the problem is how do we CHANGE our mindset as a people. WE ARE ALL GUILTY
Re: Nigerian Police Uniforms Should Be Without Pockets? by gbagudara: 9:19am On Jun 02, 2010
They will hide a bucket in the bush to collect the coins. I don't think that measure will deter them. They may even refuse to take coins and blow you away if you refuse to comply with currency notes. Those people can do anything. They are very powerful. What we need is more prayers. We can never overpray!
Re: Nigerian Police Uniforms Should Be Without Pockets? by Kgdavid(m): 9:32am On Jun 02, 2010
poster with all due respect this idea is a ridiculous fallacy. The problem of our police force goes beyond pockets. it is a question of "organizational culture" i might say. in management it is believed that the head of an organization-the manager- is responsible for setting behavorial trends. if he comes late to work, in time so will junior staff, if he dresses shoddily so will junior staff,if he is never on seat then neither will junior staff . as long as corruption is present in high places there is no arm of government with the moral authority to stop the police. the solution is simply that the root of corruption in nigeria must be tackled expediently. then the nigerian police force must be revolutionalized. a certain level of education(polytechnic) should be made mandatory for all levels and the salary drastically increased. the police should be made to go through ethics training and various relevant courses. that should be the first step. to say that police should go without pockets as someone earlier said is to dehumanize an already sub human existence. are we trying to accept as fact the lie that every single officer of the police force is guilty? are we trying to say that the police force are incorrigible thieves? if that is the case then instead of removing their pockets they should all be sacked. however this is not true so as a rational society we must find more rational solutions.
Re: Nigerian Police Uniforms Should Be Without Pockets? by chuksokoro(m): 12:26pm On Jun 02, 2010
What does pocket has to do with attitude. Put off pocket for what ever reasons, there you will understand the people your dealing with.
Re: Nigerian Police Uniforms Should Be Without Pockets? by donsteady(m): 4:53pm On Jun 02, 2010
i am very sure that 85% of Nigerian dont know what policing is all about
Re: Nigerian Police Uniforms Should Be Without Pockets? by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jun 02, 2010
Is this a scene from a nollywood movie ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lord Lugard Thought On Nigeria In 1926 - At Times I Wonder If He Was Right / Boko Haram Kill Traditional Ruler In Gombe / Nigerians Be Warned!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.