Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,851 members, 7,813,892 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:49 PM

FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously (68412 Views)

Muric Commends Buhari For Declaring June 12 Democracy Day / MKO Abiola: Fani Kayode Reacts To Buhari’s Declaration Of June 12 Democracy Day / Buhari Has Ended Obasanjo’s May 29 Hypocrisy, Says Falana On June 12 Democracy D (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by PataAlhaja(m): 8:55pm On Jun 06, 2018
Mayrock:
as far as am concern democracy day is 29 of may
biafra day 30th of may

others are bull shiit

I can just waste a day I suppose work coz someone loosed election and committed suicide.........which in actual fact is an act of treason....

if na so when GEJ lost to this terrorist buhari should also be declared democracy day....after all what GEJ did is real DEMOCRACY in definition

Who is this imbec!le? grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by IJEYdiamond(f): 8:56pm On Jun 06, 2018
three:
Wow

This is what is called "Nitori eran ni ma pe malu Broda" grin

If SW decide to trade 4(x N) years of servitude to Buhari because of a holiday and a post houmous honour then they have been overwhelmingly overrated in the intellectual power house department.

The Power is in YOUR hands

(apologies to the people who liked before I posted the above smiley)
A saying goes like this... The N... people are Idiots being ruled by Fools!!! sell ur conscience.... if u want to.....
Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by maimalari: 8:58pm On Jun 06, 2018
Thank you Mr president
Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by kaboji(m): 8:59pm On Jun 06, 2018
CyynthiaKiss:
Buhari, your desperation to retain power is so strong.
One thing is certain, you might succeed in deceiving some fanatical yoryuba Muslimns, but you can't deceive progressive/Yoruba Christians.
We Christian Yorubas will not vote for you in 2019.
We won't vote for someone who is busy killing our Christian brothers in north central because we all know that once you are done with northern Christians, you will face southern Christians, Yoruba Christians included during your second tenure.
God forbids.

If Abiola is so special in Yoruba land as you want to paint it, why did my people reject renaming Unilag after him ?
Abiola has come and gone, we have our way of mourning and remembering him.

Terrorist Buhari, your antics is dead on arrival .
Progressive Yorubas are wiser...

Religious bigotry is winning here, when are we going to embrace each other and throw out our religious differences for the sake of unity?

3 Likes

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by philos(m): 9:00pm On Jun 06, 2018
This declaration is absolute rubbish and playing to the gallery!
Which day is more proper for our democracy day? A day we had a seamless transition from military to democracy? Or a day an election was cancelled, which was PRESUMED to have been won by Abiola?
The president is clearly misguided, thinking he can gain the Yoruba sympathy.
Quite childish, I must say.

3 Likes

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by bibicici(f): 9:01pm On Jun 06, 2018
I see beyond the charade baba. Whoever gave you such a cheap idea is not worthy to stand by you. Better luck next time, I don't buy it.
Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by BigNija: 9:03pm On Jun 06, 2018
God will bless PMB. In my lifetime, I thought it wasn't going to happen but it is now a reality. Me and my household will still vote for baba, not for PDP that defends corruption.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by duwdu: 9:03pm On Jun 06, 2018
oyetunder:
undecided Lessons for Ogun people.... Obasanjo attacked Fela...he hated Awolowo...and refused to recognise June 12 even though Abiola was also from Ogun. Now someone from the North...hmmm

Well said.

P34c3
Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by back2sender: 9:05pm On Jun 06, 2018
CyynthiaKiss:
One thing is certain, you might succeed in deceiving some fanatical yoryuba Muslimns, but you can't deceive progressive/Yoruba Christians.
We won't vote for someone who is busy killing our Christian brothers in north central because we all know that once you are done with northern Christians, you will face southern Christians, Yoruba Christians included during your second tenure.
God forbids.!

If Abiola is so special in Yoruba land as you want to paint it, why did my people reject renaming Unilag after him ?

This is what GEJ a southerner refused to do by declaring June 12 democracy daywhen he was in power. Shame on PDP.
Sai Baba carry go, we love you! And 2019 naa sure banker.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by cyonujemen(m): 9:06pm On Jun 06, 2018
Whether a political move or not, the one wen concern me
be the ans to this question. Is June 12 a public holiday?
Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by OsamaB: 9:08pm On Jun 06, 2018
Throwback:

Where is it written that a democracy day has to be a handover date?

Throwback, please read the second schedule of the Nigerian constitution, where the exclusive rights of the legislative are provided. Item 51. highlights Public holidays as part of their exclusive rights and not for the executives. I posted a list but it seems admin deleted it.
Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by Throwback: 9:11pm On Jun 06, 2018
OsamaB:

Throwback, please read the second schedule of the Nigerian constitution, where the exclusive rights of the legislative are provided. Item 51. highlights Public holidays as part of their exclusive rights and not for the executives. I posted a list but it seems admin deleted it.

If you are implying that the National Assembly is mandated by the constitution to ratify it, then let the government tender the request to them if it is ascertained that it is the law.

It will sure be interesting to see which of the legislators would object to it.

1 Like

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by Simbrixton(m): 9:14pm On Jun 06, 2018
Yoruba Survival Group says thanks for the gesture and expect the consistent implementation by the next government but we say yoruba youths should start thinking secession 40m yorubas in Nigeria and 60m yorubas worldwide would make a strong country full control of our resources ports seas and natural resources is our right fulanis currently control NPA customs and Nigerian police yorubas need to use our population to our advantage and advocate for freedom

1 Like

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by Akinya17: 9:15pm On Jun 06, 2018
Irrespective of the motive behind this, June 12 as democracy day is long overdue. Finally, MKO did not die in vain.

2 Likes

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by daddyp76(m): 9:15pm On Jun 06, 2018
This man think with this, he will gain the support of Afenifere group and entire ''Yoruba'' Southwest. Buhari will loose 2019, Tunibu will disappoint him.
Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by walezy14(m): 9:20pm On Jun 06, 2018
CyynthiaKiss:
God forbids.!

Someone like you will never see any good things about this government than to hit the polity. Onisokuso

1 Like

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by powerkey: 9:20pm On Jun 06, 2018
I'd the Yorubas like let them vote Buhari again....

I tell you the truth, Buhari has a terrible agenda against the entire South including Yorubas.

Are Igbos the only ones suffering the disaster this buffoon of a president brought? So it's about a specific secrete agenda that will be massively unveiled if he wins 2nd tenure 2019......
Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by Alajiki(m): 9:21pm On Jun 06, 2018
CyynthiaKiss:
God forbids.!

Shut it. Nobody appoints you our mouthpiece. Na your own you talk here.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by Badeku: 9:23pm On Jun 06, 2018
PMB: is a phenomenal. Who said will not sweat south west election come 2019. Where is OBJ? where is Afenifere? God bless my President for me spare his life for us well meaning Nigerians. I love this man die.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by daddyp76(m): 9:24pm On Jun 06, 2018
Simbrixton:
Yoruba Survival Group says thanks for the gesture and expect the consistent implementation by the next government but we say yoruba youths should start thinking secession 40m yorubas in Nigeria and 60m yorubas worldwide would make a strong country full control of our resources ports seas and natural resources is our right fulanis currently control NPA customs and Nigerian police yorubas need to use our population to our advantage and advocate for freedom
please I want to know more about Yoruba Survival Group. Thanks
Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by IbnAbdullah1(m): 9:24pm On Jun 06, 2018
CyynthiaKiss:
God forbids.!

You see the reason why I will always advocate for fair play.
If this lady as bold as she is could play the religious card backed by likes from other christian nairalanders then none of you should even breathe a word when muslims apply the same strategy.

It is fair game.
That bait of always turning the left cheek only applies to christian because I for one,will not look aside when peole like this appear more fanatical than the people she hypocritically accuse of fanatism.
We will watch this together

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by IJOBA2: 9:25pm On Jun 06, 2018
gurnam:

Whether it’s symbolism or tokenism, yorubas appreciate this and will reward good deed in due time
MAI GIDA WHO'S ASKING FOR YOUR OPINION HEREangry
Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by seunmsg(m): 9:25pm On Jun 06, 2018
Buhari did this majorly to disgrace Obasanjo and take the democracy day shine away from him. In fact, this is a very heavy blow below the belt to OBJ. Irrespective of the motive, this is a very good decision.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by tboks(m): 9:26pm On Jun 06, 2018
CyynthiaKiss:
God forbids.!

Mumu Igbo girl. Yorubas are not bigots and are not born with bitterness. Yorubas dont discriminate based on religion. You are working tirelessly to divide us based on religion which won't even work. When we say Igbos are the most bitter, tribalistic and hateful tribe in Nigeria, you say otherwise. I pity you people because you won't stop losing.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by seunayantokun(m): 9:27pm On Jun 06, 2018
I think Buhari needs this June 12 holiday more than the rest of us. Why didn't he declare it in 2015, 2016 or 2017? Now that he wants to finish us, the holiday is needed?
I also think Buhari wants to use a stone to kill so many birds: that move is tageted at Obj and IBB - to whittle them down politically. WE WON'T FALL FOR IT!

1 Like

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by modik(m): 9:29pm On Jun 06, 2018
Shame on those who die fighting for the rich and powerful.

The rich and powerful shall always be remembered, but their footsoldiers and e-wariors die for nothing.

Lol

Ngeneukwenu
Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by sapele914(m): 9:32pm On Jun 06, 2018
pauljumbo:
What will now be May 29
Confused government
Pdp should carry it with them june 12th is the main date,no matter how long it may take Justice will always prevail on june 12th declaration we stand.

2 Likes

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jun 06, 2018
PataAlhaja:

Who is this imbec!le? grin
am not a product of quota system make full correct sentence.
Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by semyman: 9:34pm On Jun 06, 2018
CyynthiaKiss:
God forbids.!

Fool, just imagine the garbage, who are you trying to impress mumu ode

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jun 06, 2018
The hypocrites and special advisers on Biafran matters who were crying on may 30th are here jubilating over a far less remembrance holiday.

What else do we call these people if not "two faced"

Meanwhile the mumu president waited after d celebration of democracy day on may 29 to announce this, why not before may 29th and shift d celebration? This is purely another election gimmicks to get afonja voted.

Let them vote him, so we can enjoy the suffering well
Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by Simbrixton(m): 9:37pm On Jun 06, 2018
madridguy:
At all she doesn't sound like an omoluabi. She's just pained about the development and reason she cannot say anything reasonable aside Yoruba Muslim and Christian.

this people are divinely stupid to think religion can divide the great yorubas

2 Likes

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by sapele914(m): 9:37pm On Jun 06, 2018
seunayantokun:
I think Buhari needs this June 12 holiday more than the rest of us. Why didn't he declare it in 2015, 2016 or 2017? Now that he wants to finish us, the holiday is needed?
I also think Buhari wants to use a stone to kill so many birds: that move is tageted at Obj and IBB - to whittle them down politically. WE WON'T FALL FOR IT!
Mark of the Beast,Corruption fighting back,the ever burning lake is waiting for yourself & mentors General Babaginda & General Obasanjo damned to perdition,,Empty Barrel make the loudest noise.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

Rivers Rerun: What Happened Today Between Wike And Amaechi At Mile 1 Police HQ / Obasanjo Returns $200 Million To National Treasury. / How Abubakar Audu's Sons Serially Raped A Young Girl Years Back.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.