Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,827 members, 7,813,746 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:32 PM

FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously (68408 Views)

Muric Commends Buhari For Declaring June 12 Democracy Day / MKO Abiola: Fani Kayode Reacts To Buhari’s Declaration Of June 12 Democracy Day / Buhari Has Ended Obasanjo’s May 29 Hypocrisy, Says Falana On June 12 Democracy D (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by aribisala0(m): 8:35pm On Jun 06, 2018

We will not take it

Buhari must come to church service and sing Alleluia
Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by karrengold(f): 8:36pm On Jun 06, 2018
CyynthiaKiss:
Buhari, your desperation to retain power is so strong.
One thing is certain, you might succeed in deceiving some fanatical yoryuba Muslimns, but you can't deceive progressive/Yoruba Christians.
We Christian Yorubas will not vote for you in 2019.
We won't vote for someone who is busy killing our Christian brothers in north central because we all know that once you are done with northern Christians, you will face southern Christians, Yoruba Christians included during your second tenure.
God forbids.!

If Abiola is so special in Yoruba land as you want to paint it, why did my people reject renaming Unilag after him ?
Abiola has come and gone, we have our way of mourning and remembering him.

Terrorist Buhari, your antics is dead on arrival .
NAILED

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by gurnam: 8:37pm On Jun 06, 2018
neonly:

He pain am

You are delusional! Who dey cry over this good new from Bubu
Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by edupedia: 8:37pm On Jun 06, 2018
CyynthiaKiss:
One thing is certain, you might succeed in deceiving some fanatical yoryuba Muslimns, but you can't deceive progressive/Yoruba Christians.
We won't vote for someone who is busy killing our Christian brothers in north central because we all know that once you are done with northern Christians, you will face southern Christians, Yoruba Christians included during your second tenure.
God forbids.!

If Abiola is so special in Yoruba land as you want to paint it, why did my people reject renaming Unilag after him ?

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jun 06, 2018
KanuJEWSarePIGS:

Let the "fall" after all, it was never your fall.

When we warned you not to collapse under the anus of the pink exiled scammer, did you listen?

I am not an Igbo person bro.

Anyone that doesn't like Buhari's way of rule, automatically becomes an Igbo person?
Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by Pataricatering(f): 8:38pm On Jun 06, 2018
CSTR1003:
lol.
Anything for the votes.

I doubt it would change much.

Those that will vote for him will, those that won't will not.

I don't think a human being with functional brain cells will change his mind about buhari because of a mere holiday .

The good thing is that the man knows his catchment area and is doing his best to appeal to their sentiments.

He should not come and disturb us who despise him for votes in 2019. It is too late for anything to change.

He would do well to focus his electoral machinery in the South West .
it’s obvious you don’t understand the symbolism of June 12 to the yorubas and the love the average Yoruba man has for MKO ! To you it’s just a holiday !

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by gurnam: 8:38pm On Jun 06, 2018
letusbepieces:

SEE U, FEDERAL GOVERNMENT CAN MOVE DEMOCRACY DAY ANYTIME THEY WANT AND EVEN SUSPEND IT.

SO AFTER CRITICISING BIAFRA DAY, TINUBU WENT TO BEG BUHARI TO MOVE DEMOCRACY DAY TO JUNE 12.

YORUBA ARE LOST WITHOUT IGBOS.

THE MOST CLUELESS SET OF PEOPLE IN NIGERIA.

CONTINUE TO HOLD IGBO, DONT FIND YOUR LEVEL.

I enjoy it when I see your type sounding miserable over this sort of news

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by karrengold(f): 8:39pm On Jun 06, 2018
afroniger:
Buhari just did what OBJ refused to do.
this is a bait..
Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by letusbepieces: 8:39pm On Jun 06, 2018
gurnam:

So why are you crying over June 12? Are you an enemy of progress ? grin

THIS IS NIGERIA, ANOTHER GOV CAN ENTER THERE AND RETURN DEMOCRACY DAY BACK TO 29TH MAY.

I KNOW SENTIMENT WILL NOT HELP U TO COMPREHEND THAT SIMPLE FACT.

FURTHER, DEMOCRACY DAY IS NOT ABIOLA DAY.

ASK BUHARI TO CALL IT ABIOLA DAY.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by gurnam: 8:40pm On Jun 06, 2018
letusbepieces:

THIS IS NIGERIA, ANOTHER GOV CAN ENTER THERE AND RETURN DEMOCRACY DAY BACK TO 29TH MAY.

I KNOW SENTIMENT WILL NOT HELP U TO COMPREHEND THAT SIMPLE FACT.

FURTHER DEMOCRACY DAY IS NOT ABIOLA DAY.

ASK BUHARI TO CALL IT ABIOLA DAY.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

June 12 is now democracy!! grin
Cry your eyes out it won’t change the fact grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by Moche234: 8:40pm On Jun 06, 2018
Another holiday on june 12 Abi......hurray

1 Like

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by edupedia: 8:41pm On Jun 06, 2018
CyynthiaKiss:
God forbids.!

U are making noise here while Buhari's is killing u and your PDP looters politically....when will IPOB yoots stop being known as nuisance in Nigeria?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by ruffDiamond: 8:41pm On Jun 06, 2018
I'm Yoruba and refuse to be hoodwinked by this Trojan horse gift!I won't go on any holiday in celebration of a thief.!Abiola made his money through the well known infamous ITT saga,defrauding Nigeria of monies running into millions of dollars..I don't have all the details but it's on Google..let me remind you all of famous I I heard once in college... "A reputation is like a glass,once cracked, may possibly be repaired, but the world will ALWAYS REMEMBER WHERE THE CRACK WAS"!real Yoruba's do not celebrate thief no matter his position while alive or dead!in yorubaland,a thief remains a thief whether high or lowly,it makes no difference! remember how oluu falae was booed during a church progamme in his town,over his alleged connection to the dasukigate !ditto for bode George who went to prison over some alleged corrupt enrichment.. so that's how serious it is !a good name,truly ,is far better than all the silver and gold this world has to offer!I know many of our unthinking sentimental peolet have already be taken by this move,already praising and giving kudos to government but I laugh,like wtf?¿the streets and highways in Abuja have been named finish after one rogue leader, polithieve-cians or what have you? so this another misconceived ,misplaced priority at this point in time and nothing but a RED HERRING!

2 Likes

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by KanuJEWSarePIGS: 8:42pm On Jun 06, 2018
JixNation:

I am not an Igbo person bro.

Anyone that doesn't like Buhari's way of rule, automatically becomes an Igbo person?

You are an IPOB.

Man up!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by BruncleZuma: 8:42pm On Jun 06, 2018
Burgerlomo:

Strategy for 2019 cool
They are smart cookies...
Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by datribune: 8:42pm On Jun 06, 2018
Thank you, Mr President. I am with you all the way. Sai Buhari

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:42pm On Jun 06, 2018
GOD BLESS YOU BUHARI

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by letusbepieces: 8:42pm On Jun 06, 2018
gurnam:

June 12 is now democracy!! grin
Cry your eyes out it won’t change the fact grin

I AM DONE, WITH YOUR IGBO ENVY.

IT IS NOT GETTING YORUBA ANYWHERE.

WE CALLED OURS BIAFRA DAY BOLDLY AND IT WAS A PUBLIC HOLIDAY WHETHER BUHARI LIKE IT OR NOT.

BE BOLD, ASK BUHARI TO CALL IT ABIOLA DAY.

OTHERWISE, HAUSA GO THEY LAUGH YORUBA ON JUNE 12, WEN ABACHA BECAME PRESIDENT AND POWER WENT NORTH.

Again, Buhari lauds Sani Abacha

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/269444-again-buhari-lauds-late-kleptocrat-dictator-sani-abacha.html
Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by gurnam: 8:43pm On Jun 06, 2018
Igbos should not openly antagonize this or else they will keep finding themselves in trouble in Nigeria
Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by dataking: 8:44pm On Jun 06, 2018
CyynthiaKiss:
God forbids.!

Progressive Yorubas are wiser...

Shut up, impersonator. You are not Yoruba.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by gurnam: 8:44pm On Jun 06, 2018
letusbepieces:

I AM DONE, WITH YOUR IGBO ENVY.

IT IS NOT GETTING U ANYWHERE.

WE CALLED OURS BIAFRA DAY BOLDLY AND IT WAS A PUBLIC HOLIDAY WHETHER BUHARI LIKE IT OR NOT.

BE BOLD, ASK BUHARI TO CALL IT ABIOLA DAY.

OTHERWISE, HAUSA GO THEY LAUGH YORUBA ON JUNE 12, WEN ABACHA BECAME PRESIDENT AND POWER WENT NORTH.

You have a mental problem, who is doing dicck measurements with you ?

You dey mad ? cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by pauljumbo: 8:45pm On Jun 06, 2018
DTaj:

You are the confused one here! In fact, you are daft...The press statement clearly stated that June 12 has replaced May 29; therefore, henceforth June 12 is the New Democracy Day.

How is that difficult to understand? It was written in very simple English language!

There are so many illiterates on NR who only attended mushroom schools but who are damn infantile, dumb, and behave like nincompoops! Why won’t Buhari describe some of you as lazy?

So there will be public holiday next week Tuesday that’s two democracy day in a year

You can communicate better without insults
Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by letusbepieces: 8:46pm On Jun 06, 2018
gurnam:

You have a mental problem, who is doing dicck measurements with you ?

You dey mad ? cheesy

OK! WEN I EXPOSE U TO THE TRUTH, U FRIAL IGNORANCE.
Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jun 06, 2018
KanuJEWSarePIGS:

You are an IPOB.
Man up!
I am not bro!
Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by Pataricatering(f): 8:47pm On Jun 06, 2018
maestroferddi:
PDP Publicity Secretary should latch unto this to neutralize whatever political capital an increasingly desperate APC are trying to make out of this development.

The reality that APC are likely to lose 2019 is gradually hitting home..
what are they neutralizing ? Is democracy day now June 12th or not ? The reason and timing does not matter to us ! The important thing is it was done !

1 Like

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by Yusuf54: 8:47pm On Jun 06, 2018
CyynthiaKiss:
God forbids.!

shioooo..90 percents of Christians voted for Jonathan in 2015 n dat does not stop Buhari from defeatn Him

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by Cholls(m): 8:49pm On Jun 06, 2018
emalistic:
June 12 Democracy Day== What make the day Democracy Day...

May 29 Democracy Day=== What makes the day Democracy day...

Military Annulled the election....June 12

Military Hand over power....May 29...….

Borrow me sense somebody... Which is democracy here

my brother what it means is that PMB just cancelled OBJ's importance.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by duwdu: 8:51pm On Jun 06, 2018
wellmax:
Today the FG declared that henceforth June 12 will be regarded as democracy day. The President stated this via a statement released a while ago.
In the statement, the President also said the presumed winner of the 1993 elections will be posthumously awarded the highest title in Nigeria GCFR. The vice presidential candidate Babagana Kingigbe will also be awarded the title GCON.

Late Human Right activist Gani Fawehinmi Is also awarded the title GCON, the statement signed by the president said.
More Details later

Lalasticlala, OAM4J, Mynd44

Whoa, this is awesome, Mr. President! Chief Moshhod Abiola and others definitely deserve the honour, and our country deserves to celebrate its Democracy Day on June 12, indeed. Kudos, country people!

Our people have a wise saying, that, Falsehood could have an undeserved headstart of even a thousand years into a journey, yet Truth will always catch up in a jiffy — and surpass falsehood — forever.

(BTW, Obasanjo thought he could wish away forever the deep democratic significance of June 12 in the history of our Obodo Nigeria, and subsume it with the phantom date of May 29... Epic fail!)

P34c3

1 Like

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by KanuJEWSarePIGS: 8:53pm On Jun 06, 2018
JixNation:

I am not bro!

Okay.

Peace!
Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by BABSIN(m): 8:53pm On Jun 06, 2018
CyynthiaKiss:
God forbids.!

Progressive Yoruba Christian Indeed.... Stupid Thinking.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

Meet The Explosive Device Expert Who Is Ready 2 Die In Fighting Boko Haram(pics) / Rivers Rerun: What Happened Today Between Wike And Amaechi At Mile 1 Police HQ / Obasanjo Returns $200 Million To National Treasury.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.