Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,719 members, 7,813,368 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:23 AM

Buhari Signs Law Stopping VPs Who Complete President’s Tenure - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Signs Law Stopping VPs Who Complete President’s Tenure (77096 Views)

President Buhari Signs 2018 Budget Wednesday / President Buhari Signs Fourth Alteration Bill / Atiku Reacts As Buhari Signs "Not Too Young To Run" Bill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Signs Law Stopping VPs Who Complete President’s Tenure by Badmus20(m): 9:30pm On Jun 08, 2018
THUMB UP
Re: Buhari Signs Law Stopping VPs Who Complete President’s Tenure by proprince(m): 9:32pm On Jun 08, 2018
Anyone who supports buhari is also as wicked as buhari
Re: Buhari Signs Law Stopping VPs Who Complete President’s Tenure by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jun 08, 2018
What is the aim of this law? To ensure zoning? To ensure only the "owners of Nigeria" become President?

What if a VP does a good job and the country wants him/her to continue as President? Ofcourse, this law is meant to stop that, so that the zone in which the Presidency was zoned to can present another candidate.

This law is a clear example of the entitlement mindset of a typical Northerner. The law is meant to stop Osinbajo from running for the Presidency should Buhari die.

It is meant to stop what happened during Jonathan, where he ran for President after serving-out Yaradua's tenure. Essentially, this law is meant to stop minority ethnic groups in the country from seeking election as President.

This law is anti-progress, it is an oppressive law targeted at minorities, and it is meant to ensure Northerners, the self-acclaimed owners of Nigeria, hold on to power.

I am disappointed that Bukola Saraki, Dino Melaye, Godswill Akpabio, Ike Ekweremadu and other progressive members of the National Assembly allowed this Bill to scale through and without wide consultation with Nigerians about its implications for the minorities in these country.

Minorities are usually VPs and running mates. It is a disgrace that our National Assembly and the President would enact a law that makes it impossible for a Vice President to seek election for the office of President.

It is sad and hopeless to be a minority in the Nigerian nation!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Signs Law Stopping VPs Who Complete President’s Tenure by Kaiser94(m): 9:37pm On Jun 08, 2018
post=68302331:
GOD BLESS MY PRESIDENT.

That was the mistake the country made with the ineffectual and clueless one that nearly turned this country to Somalia with his 40 thieves!
I know you are not talking about one man that told us he didn't have shoes when he was in school.. I mean the role models of some wailers... Lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Signs Law Stopping VPs Who Complete President’s Tenure by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:39pm On Jun 08, 2018
Kaiser94:

I know you are not talking about one man that told us he didn't have shoes when he was in school.. I mean the role models of some wailers... Lol
Lol, dem know dem hero nah.
They won't stop wailing daily!! cheesy
Re: Buhari Signs Law Stopping VPs Who Complete President’s Tenure by Mac2016(m): 9:39pm On Jun 08, 2018
Opinion of the masses is no longer sought on national matters especially constitutional ones
Re: Buhari Signs Law Stopping VPs Who Complete President’s Tenure by Kaiser94(m): 9:39pm On Jun 08, 2018
monkautos:

MUST EVERYTHING BE GOD BLESS PMB
Yes everything must be God bless Pmb.. The president and grand commander of the federal Republic of Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Signs Law Stopping VPs Who Complete President’s Tenure by engrolawei: 9:40pm On Jun 08, 2018
post=68302331:
GOD BLESS MY PRESIDENT.

That was the mistake the country made with the ineffectual and clueless one that nearly turned this country to Somalia with his 40 thieves!
No wonder your grills taste sooo bad just like your looks. The one you supplied some days ago was a waste and it’s because you support evil things. Pls guys be wary of bad grills from this folk.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Signs Law Stopping VPs Who Complete President’s Tenure by Bimpe29: 9:40pm On Jun 08, 2018
This is commendable.
Re: Buhari Signs Law Stopping VPs Who Complete President’s Tenure by Emmykonking01(m): 9:43pm On Jun 08, 2018
Chai Buhari...
Re: Buhari Signs Law Stopping VPs Who Complete President’s Tenure by majorbravo: 9:44pm On Jun 08, 2018
OrestesDante:
angry angry angry

☣ ☠

This is greed on the part of the President.

But he is contesting for a second term as the president of Nigeria. Why didn't he sign a 5-year single term for any president so that he'll spend one more year and forget about ruling this country?

Na now I know say Buhari dey craze. Paranoia written is all over him.

☣ ☠

This country tire person. They said this act is to prevent a president taking more than one oath of office, What about Ex Military head of states, or don't these ones take oath of office too? How can Buhari be exempted from this rule? he has been president twice already (1983 and 2015) and seeks a third shot at the office of the commander in chief in 2019.

olajay86:

“The effect is that having taken the oath of President once, he can only contest one more time and no more. That is the intent of this amendment.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Signs Law Stopping VPs Who Complete President’s Tenure by shamecurls(m): 9:44pm On Jun 08, 2018
signature2012:

Re-read this comment of yours and ask yourself if you have made any sense?

Wishing your fellow human death just because he does not agree with your view on the president.

You are a paid BMC.All you do all day and night is commend the dullard irrespective of all the atrocities he is committing daily.

Your moniker is just a frontier.The tread you opened about your biz is just a fallacy.You have never posted my picture or video of your business.No contact details likewise.

What most of you do is,when you are been attack back,you run to your BMC mod to give the person a ban.

Believe me,I am coming for you and your fellow crew big time.You all will be expose here.

If you think am pro PDP,no am not,but am for good governance.
Jonathan was corrupt fine,take him to court and let the court decide his fate.Stop this media judgement.

Your saint president brought in Maina back to the civil service through back door.

Where is Babachir till today?

Who owns the ikoyi 44m?

Ask yourself,if you are from Benue state,if what is happening there should affect you directly,will you still support this tyranny govt?

Park well Oga and say something more meaningful

Who do you think will win the FIFA world cup

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Signs Law Stopping VPs Who Complete President’s Tenure by shamecurls(m): 9:46pm On Jun 08, 2018
engrolawei:

No wonder your grills taste sooo bad just like your looks. The one you supplied some days ago was a waste and it’s because you support evil things. Pls guys be wary of bad grills from this folk.

Acting like you financially bouyant to afford grills.

Take a sit and enjoy your usual roadside puff puff

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Signs Law Stopping VPs Who Complete President’s Tenure by RuthlessLeader(m): 9:46pm On Jun 08, 2018
shamecurls:

Park well Oga and say something more meaningful

Who do you think will win the FIFA world cup
The most stupid comment on nairaland so far.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Signs Law Stopping VPs Who Complete President’s Tenure by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:47pm On Jun 08, 2018
engrolawei:

Another style of wailing.
Hahahaha wink cheesy grin.
Reminds me of the track "WAILERS ARE LIARS"!!!

GOOD LOOKS: that is our 2nd name after our Award-winning Barbecue!

STPDTY @ it's peak!
Hahahahaha wink cheesy grin cheesy cheesy

N.B : This was what you posted against another person on another thread sometimes ago and for you coming down to lie and blasphem, simply know that BECAUSE of your own words, 7 times judgement of what you wrote in your own words will be your portion.
Cos it came out from your heart,mouth and finger, this is surely coming to pass. You got served in your own coins lil' bro!!!

1 Share

Re: Buhari Signs Law Stopping VPs Who Complete President’s Tenure by jaxxy(m): 9:49pm On Jun 08, 2018
Well sounds logical enough.
Re: Buhari Signs Law Stopping VPs Who Complete President’s Tenure by omerukokwuru(m): 9:50pm On Jun 08, 2018
post=68302331:
GOD BLESS MY PRESIDENT.

add licker spotted
Re: Buhari Signs Law Stopping VPs Who Complete President’s Tenure by mema900: 9:53pm On Jun 08, 2018
CircleOfWilis:
What happens if the vice president is completing the president's second term...Can he still contest the single tenure knowing he is also In his second tenure as Vp?

People like you de write extra sheet when the teacher just asked a very simple question that could be handled in few lines

1 Like

Re: Buhari Signs Law Stopping VPs Who Complete President’s Tenure by semyman: 9:54pm On Jun 08, 2018
Giddymoney:
grin

How are we sure he knew what he signed?
How are we sure that your mother knows who was responsible for your pregnancy?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Signs Law Stopping VPs Who Complete President’s Tenure by luckypeace1980: 9:59pm On Jun 08, 2018
Nice move from our president

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Signs Law Stopping VPs Who Complete President’s Tenure by luckypeace1980: 10:02pm On Jun 08, 2018
God bless my president

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Signs Law Stopping VPs Who Complete President’s Tenure by PointZerom: 10:03pm On Jun 08, 2018
post=68302331:
GOD BLESS MY PRESIDENT.

Why didn't he pass a law that will prevent ex military head of state or ex generals from contesting? .

Buhari is a fool.

Cc madridguy sarrki immhotep lzza yarimo yyeske liondeleo buhariguy cilicmarin throwback

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Signs Law Stopping VPs Who Complete President’s Tenure by tbliss22(m): 10:05pm On Jun 08, 2018
comshots:
Buhari no just get sense.Stewpid man.

Lolz... It's obvious someone has his mumu button in that aso rock, but with this signed law he just shot himself in the leg. As for those hailing him, its very obvious its the same person using 3 to 4 monikers on one single phone. Don't be decieved, u can clone ur browser into 3 or 4 and login into Nairaland with different monikers grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari Signs Law Stopping VPs Who Complete President’s Tenure by CSTR1003: 10:05pm On Jun 08, 2018
This country is just going backwards everyday.

Sliding towards mire and more decadence.

Does buhari understand the import of what he just signed!?
Can he give a reasonable rationale behind the decision?

He has effectively ended the chance of an outsider becoming President.

In a time when Nigeria needs more expansive politics.
To become a president you need to become a member of the cabal. That is exactly what buhaei has done.

He signed the "not too young to rule" bill and then rendered it almost irrelevant with this new one.

Terrible, terrible leadership. This is why you do not give the power of the presidency to illiterates and Mad Men.

I hope a more sensible president can overturn this in the future.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Signs Law Stopping VPs Who Complete President’s Tenure by abokikhalifa: 10:10pm On Jun 08, 2018
monkautos:

MUST EVERYTHING BE GOD BLESS PMB
He pain you?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Signs Law Stopping VPs Who Complete President’s Tenure by cnonyechi(f): 10:11pm On Jun 08, 2018
post=68302726:

If u no get money, hide ur face!

We can only give you free BBQ if you are a motherless child, homeless or less privileged.

If you have 2 hands and 2 legs and can work, bring your money.

He is looking for free meal.
LAZY YOUTH wink cheesy grin cheesy cheesy
!

Must u be so rude mouthed. Any way na una way
Re: Buhari Signs Law Stopping VPs Who Complete President’s Tenure by abokikhalifa: 10:14pm On Jun 08, 2018
legitnow:
First Osinbanjo nearly die, now no Presidency for Osinbanjo. grin grin grin grin

Y Osinbanjo survive sef? cool

Carry gun go kill am Na. Black man

1 Like

Re: Buhari Signs Law Stopping VPs Who Complete President’s Tenure by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:18pm On Jun 08, 2018
cnonyechi:

Must u be so rude mouthed. Any way na una way
Ajuju question.
One eye reader!
Re: Buhari Signs Law Stopping VPs Who Complete President’s Tenure by legitnow: 10:19pm On Jun 08, 2018
abokikhalifa:

Carry gun go kill am Na. Black man

I am merely expressing wat Buhari feels, in writing. grin grin
Re: Buhari Signs Law Stopping VPs Who Complete President’s Tenure by Donald7610: 10:22pm On Jun 08, 2018
Osinbajo is the target
He knew, he won't complete his second term if he wins
Re: Buhari Signs Law Stopping VPs Who Complete President’s Tenure by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:23pm On Jun 08, 2018
shamecurls:

Acting like you financially bouyant to afford grills.

Take a sit and enjoy your usual roadside puff puff
Hahaha cheesy grin wink.
Don't mind that cry cry baby.
Thanks for the heads up man!
Re: Buhari Signs Law Stopping VPs Who Complete President’s Tenure by HenryG(m): 10:32pm On Jun 08, 2018
post=68302549:
Pathetic losers.
Illiterate trouble-makers everywhere.
Just imagine.
Arguing or exchaning words with this ones is a TOTAL waste of time.
I only engage in intellectual political conversation with learned souls, not beer parlour gist rumour carrying customers. Hahahaha wink cheesy grin wink wink. Hope you haters can see I never bothered quoting y'all.
If y'all hit your head on the ground on top BUHARI matter, harld luck for you all.

See that one up there so pained bleating like a she-goat, I'm very sure he must have torn his clothes like the wrestler ULTIMATE WARRIOR the way he was vibrating!! cheesy grin wink

BUHARI TILL 2023!

GOD BLESS MY PRESIDENT FOREVER AND EVER.
AMEN!!!
Loss of senses... Empty skull

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Sanwo-Olu Confirms Two Deaths From Lekki Shooting / Difference Between 2015 And 2019 Postponement Of Elections / How Jonathan Lands In Otuoke And How Buhari Intends To Land In Daura

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.