Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,812 members, 7,813,678 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:08 PM

Buhari Signs Law Stopping VPs Who Complete President’s Tenure - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Signs Law Stopping VPs Who Complete President’s Tenure (77100 Views)

President Buhari Signs 2018 Budget Wednesday / President Buhari Signs Fourth Alteration Bill / Atiku Reacts As Buhari Signs "Not Too Young To Run" Bill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Signs Law Stopping VPs Who Complete President’s Tenure by hucienda: 7:25am On Jun 09, 2018
ajl:
undecided

Sentiments can't make you comprehend the story. This does not stop the VPs from contesting election for a single term. Not more than that. Technically, the term of a president and his vice is same. A VP cannot discount the term he serves as VP. Makes sense.

"... the import of this is no more 'short cut' to president or governor after one successful attempt ..."

Thanks for the lesson on inadvertently exposing a reader's own sentiments on another commenter's plain language.

You can now move over to your next student.
Re: Buhari Signs Law Stopping VPs Who Complete President’s Tenure by Cool83(m): 7:36am On Jun 09, 2018
CircleOfWilis:
What happens if the vice president is completing the president's second term...Can he still contest the single tenure knowing he is also In his second tenure as Vp?
which means he can contest, he only sworn to oaths once, contesting will make him sworn twice as a President, and that's the end
Re: Buhari Signs Law Stopping VPs Who Complete President’s Tenure by Cool83(m): 7:39am On Jun 09, 2018
jaybee3:

The investment and sacrifice they made for you to get educated was simply wasted
exactly
Re: Buhari Signs Law Stopping VPs Who Complete President’s Tenure by Mruwa1(m): 7:47am On Jun 09, 2018
na waiting dey favor una una dey always consider why ...? una nor sign bill when go bring light,make employment process visible.. governors to do road for their state and create jobs
Re: Buhari Signs Law Stopping VPs Who Complete President’s Tenure by Ziggylady(f): 8:06am On Jun 09, 2018
signature2012:

Re-read this comment of yours and ask yourself if you have made any sense?

Wishing your fellow human death just because he does not agree with your view on the president.

You are a paid BMC.All you do all day and night is commend the dullard irrespective of all the atrocities he is committing daily.

Your moniker is just a frontier.The tread you opened about your biz is just a fallacy.You have never posted my picture or video of your business.No contact details likewise.

What most of you do is,when you are been attack back,you run to your BMC mod to give the person a ban.

Believe me,I am coming for you and your fellow crew big time.You all will be expose here.

If you think am pro PDP,no am not,but am for good governance.
Jonathan was corrupt fine,take him to court and let the court decide his fate.Stop this media judgement.

Your saint president brought in Maina back to the civil service through back door.

Where is Babachir till today?

Who owns the ikoyi 44m?

Ask yourself,if you are from Benue state,if what is happening there should affect you directly,will you still support this tyranny govt?

Please do well to expose them,they all have to be unmasked....The dude you quoted is even based abroad!! angry
Re: Buhari Signs Law Stopping VPs Who Complete President’s Tenure by cardoctor(m): 8:10am On Jun 09, 2018
Another president will change it tomorrow.
Re: Buhari Signs Law Stopping VPs Who Complete President’s Tenure by themanderon: 8:15am On Jun 09, 2018
Everything about this blasted country just has to be about the north that's why we have been in the woods all this while. Like someone said this is just to prevent another Jonathan kind of situation from happening. The north was out of power for a long time and being a power hungry type they weren't comfortable with that. That's why Nigeria will never develop cos everything has to be about them. It would have been nice if their elites had anything to offer sadly they have nothing.
Re: Buhari Signs Law Stopping VPs Who Complete President’s Tenure by tonididdy(m): 8:43am On Jun 09, 2018
FortifiedCity:
If you dash me your BBQ for free, I no go chop.
that idiot dey shout God bless PMB from Canada
Re: Buhari Signs Law Stopping VPs Who Complete President’s Tenure by erico2k2(m): 8:55am On Jun 09, 2018
hucienda:
This is to prevent any future Jonathan from stumbling into power without the blessing of power blocs in the country. They are threatened from such reoccurring in future, where one who will not be beholden to them controls political power, and thus is free to do as s/he wills.

Thus, the import of this is no more 'short cut' to president or governor after one successful attempt.

Funny enough, na diz kain bills wey no go affect d common man na im naija no dey waste time sign.
exactly
Re: Buhari Signs Law Stopping VPs Who Complete President’s Tenure by erico2k2(m): 8:57am On Jun 09, 2018
tonididdy:

that idiot dey shout God bless PMB from Canada
Nah so, hence I always tell people to B wise, Politicians are wise enough to know say 9ja cast hence dem all send their children abroad to school, 60% get passport of either US or UK, ,Poor people for 9ja are left to enjoy the change. Anyway we dey look !
Re: Buhari Signs Law Stopping VPs Who Complete President’s Tenure by ogbeh44(m): 9:16am On Jun 09, 2018
post=68302331:
GOD BLESS MY PRESIDENT.
Point of correction: God bless Nigeria!!!
Re: Buhari Signs Law Stopping VPs Who Complete President’s Tenure by ugbarreta(m): 3:17pm On Jun 09, 2018
Ok, buh he didn't sign into law, a law that will prohibit him from contesting in 2019 after ruling Nigeria as a military head of state and a democratically elected president. Hypocrisy at its peak. I just HATE this man called Buhari, his. Government has brought untold hardship to Nigerians. What did we do to deserve this? undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Buhari Signs Law Stopping VPs Who Complete President’s Tenure by richeso: 4:06pm On Jun 09, 2018
some people are still afraid of GEJ. lol
Re: Buhari Signs Law Stopping VPs Who Complete President’s Tenure by richeso: 4:08pm On Jun 09, 2018
ugbarreta:
Ok, buh he didn't sign into law, a law that will prohibit him from contesting in 2019 after ruling Nigeria as a military head of state and a democratically elected president. Hypocrisy at its peak. I just HATE this man called Buhari, his. Government has brought untold hardship to Nigerians. What did we do to deserve this? undecided undecided
our mistake was replacing Goodluck and with Badluck
Re: Buhari Signs Law Stopping VPs Who Complete President’s Tenure by orisa37: 4:28pm On Jun 09, 2018
It is unconstitutional.
Re: Buhari Signs Law Stopping VPs Who Complete President’s Tenure by aalangel(f): 6:37pm On Jun 09, 2018
klas:

May be you didn’t listen well to your Government teacher. Rigid constitution does not mean it cannot be amended, it only means the process of amendment is more difficult than flexible constitution

The process of amending Nigerian constitution is complex - two majority of each house of the National Assembly and two third of all states houses of assembly.

As for many amendments signed by Buhari, blame that on the legislature that wanted to circumvent presidential veto.

The story behind that is that in 2014/15, all these amendments were made in a single law and sent to Jonathan for assent. Jonathan did not like one of the amendments which stops president from ever signing future amendments once passed by the National and states assemblies, so he refused to sign and with that all other amendments failed.

This time around, the legislature sent each amendment as separate bill so that if the president fails to sign one, it won’t affect the other. The plan is that after the assent by the president, the National Assembly will now consolidate all these amendments into a single law for ease of reference.

The man that listened to his teacher....didn't read past your first sentence..so that's the only thing i'll answer to...it's rigid and it takes time to amend...it didn't take your Buhari (obviously you're a supporter) anything to start signing everything. Why am i even answering you?? BUHARI'S PEOPLE...
Re: Buhari Signs Law Stopping VPs Who Complete President’s Tenure by klas(m): 9:48pm On Jun 09, 2018
aalangel:

The man that listened to his teacher....didn't read past your first sentence..so that's the only thing i'll answer to...it's rigid and it takes time to amend...it didn't take your Buhari (obviously you're a supporter) anything to start signing everything. Why am i even answering you?? BUHARI'S PEOPLE...

If you didn’t know that the process of amending the constitution which culminated in his assent was started by the National Assembly in November 2015, then there are many things you didn’t listen to, not just your teacher.

Those bills (13 in all) were passed by the National Assembly in July 2017 and transmitted to the 36 states houses of assembly for their concurrence. Those 5 out of 13 (including the earlier not-too-young-to-run) that were sent to the president for his assent in April 2018 are the ones that have got the concurrence of at least 24 states so far. Some will still get that 24 states threshold and will be sent for the president’s assent why those that failed will be dropped notwithstanding that two third majority have passed them in the National Assembly.

If three years process does not qualify as taking ‘time to amend’, then thank God you belong to CLUELESS PEOPLE.
Re: Buhari Signs Law Stopping VPs Who Complete President’s Tenure by ladygudhead(f): 2:45am On Jun 10, 2018
signature2012:

And your Buhari is a saint?
Let me expose your gullibility?

If he Buhari get sick,he travels to UK for treament.
Can you and your family afford that,No.

His kids schooled in the UK,can you and your family afford that,No.

Him and is family are always surrounded with security officials,do you and your enjoy that NO.

He budget billions for feeding of his household,do you and your family eat 3 square meal daily,No. 1 - 0 - 1.

Finally,ask yourself who is dying gradually.

You or Buhari?
cheesy cheesy hahahahahaa if na me be belovedbuhari i go go 1 corner go think my life 4 dis punching.
Re: Buhari Signs Law Stopping VPs Who Complete President’s Tenure by aalangel(f): 8:52am On Jun 10, 2018
klas:

If you didn’t know that the process of amending the constitution which culminated in his assent was started by the National Assembly in November 2015, then there are many things you didn’t listen to, not just your teacher.

Those bills (13 in all) were passed by the National Assembly in July 2017 and transmitted to the 36 states houses of assembly for their concurrence. Those 5 out of 13 (including the earlier not-too-young-to-run) that were sent to the president for his assent in April 2018 are the ones that have got the concurrence of at least 24 states so far. Some will still get that 24 states threshold and will be sent for the president’s assent why those that failed will be dropped notwithstanding that two third majority have passed them in the National Assembly.

If three years process does not qualify as taking ‘time to amend’, then thank God you belong to CLUELESS PEOPLE.

God bless you. Thank you typical Nairalander that can't do without insults.
Re: Buhari Signs Law Stopping VPs Who Complete President’s Tenure by BelovedBuhari(m): 10:55pm On Jun 10, 2018
[b] You are sounding like a broken record.
And what president doesn't enjoy all that you have listed below?
For your information, I'm living well and can afford to take a trip to any part of Europe or North America. Health Insurance is secured and I eat well at any time of the day.
The passion with which Buhari wants to turns things for the better has also seized me and the zeal for change drives me.

You yourself can't afford any of what you have listed below because we have had bad leaders who have destroyed this Nation. Now one man is trying to reverse all their wrongs, and you choose still to remain in the doldrums of mediocrity and blind sycophancy fed by hatred and bitterness stemming from your tribalist bigotry.

Keep wailing. No one will hear your voice in Abuja.
Keep hating, you will only contract a terminal disease from your bitterness and bile.

It's not strange that my passion for Buhari angers you. You can bear it and it might kill you eventually.

Sai Baba
PMB till 2023.[/b]

signature2012:

And your Buhari is a saint?
Let me expose your gullibility?

If he Buhari get sick,he travels to UK for treament.
Can you and your family afford that,No.

His kids schooled in the UK,can you and your family afford that,No.

Him and is family are always surrounded with security officials,do you and your enjoy that NO.

He budget billions for feeding of his household,do you and your family eat 3 square meal daily,No. 1 - 0 - 1.

Finally,ask yourself who is dying gradually.

You or Buhari?
Re: Buhari Signs Law Stopping VPs Who Complete President’s Tenure by engrolawei: 10:52am On Jun 18, 2018
shamecurls:

Acting like you financially bouyant to afford grills.

Take a sit and enjoy your usual roadside puff puff
I do Kentucky fries and I patronize grills whenever I’m out of the country. Mannar....whatever grills taste like crap
Re: Buhari Signs Law Stopping VPs Who Complete President’s Tenure by engrolawei: 10:56am On Jun 18, 2018
post=68306598:

Another style of wailing.
Hahahaha wink cheesy grin.
Reminds me of the track "WAILERS ARE LIARS"!!!

GOOD LOOKS: that is our 2nd name after our Award-winning Barbecue!

STPDTY @ it's peak!
Hahahahaha wink cheesy grin cheesy cheesy

Blablabla... you talk chochocho. You Buharist.....Talk with sense. I think the smoke from your grills are affecting you and you don’t even know.

N.B : This was what you posted against another person on another thread sometimes ago and for you coming down to lie and blasphem, simply know that BECAUSE of your own words, 7 times judgement of what you wrote in your own words will be your portion.
Cos it came out from your heart,mouth and finger, this is surely coming to pass. You got served in your own coins lil' bro!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Sanwo-Olu Confirms Two Deaths From Lekki Shooting / Difference Between 2015 And 2019 Postponement Of Elections / How Jonathan Lands In Otuoke And How Buhari Intends To Land In Daura

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.