Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,426 members, 7,853,846 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 06:06 AM

What Is True Love? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is True Love? (2655 Views)

I Flog My Girl -is True That You Have To Beat Some Girls, Before Their Head Corr / Sijibomi Ogundele Sujimoto Needs True Love, To Give Her House & Rolls Royce / Why Is True Love Hard To Find By Endowed Ladies? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is True Love? by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jun 09, 2018

True love is the true definition of a perfect romance. But it’s not easy to find.

True love isn’t felt in a heartbeat or in a second glance.

True love takes time to take shape.

And contrary to popular belief, love at first sight isn’t really love at all.

In fact, love at first sight is nothing but an infatuation.

It’s a strong surge of romantic and sexual emotions that overwhelm you.

Before you wonder what true love is all about and what the signs of true love really are, you need to understand that it’s very important to take things slow in a relationship if you want to ensure its success.

When you first start dating someone or fall for someone at first sight, what you experience isn’t love.

As much as you feel like you’re head over heels in love, you really aren’t.

You’re just experiencing the first stage of love, a small part in the stages of love known as the infatuation stage.

What is true love then?

True love, ironically, can’t be defined.

It’s the kind of love many of us chase after, but few truly find or realize it until it’s too late. So what is true love really?

True love is the kind of love and affection you have for someone that isn’t bound by the laws of human behavior. Human behavior is simple to understand. When someone hurts you, you get angry with them. When someone gets lucky or gets a better job, you get jealous of them. And when someone shatters your ego or humiliates you, you want your revenge. This is human behavior, because these traits are engrained within us.

But when you experience true love with someone, your primal instincts and behavior change only towards this person. True love transcends typical human behavior. It makes you a better human being towards a special someone.

When does one experience true love?

True love takes time to bloom. What you experience in the first year or so of a relationship is infatuation and sexual attraction.

As the bursts of infatuation start to fade with the first few arguments and the first few misunderstandings, that’s when love starts to enter the picture. And this is where most couples start to drift away emotionally, or even end up breaking up because of incompatibilities.

If you’re in a relationship where both of you truly understand each other and feel compatible with each other, and most importantly, love each other, chances are, you’re experiencing true love already.

2 Likes

Re: What Is True Love? by SoapQueen(f): 1:53pm On Jun 09, 2018
True Love is not true. It is a lie.

1 Like

Re: What Is True Love? by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jun 09, 2018
SoapQueen:

There's surely a true love! Unless you've haven't experienced one smiley

1 Like

Re: What Is True Love? by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jun 09, 2018
CertifiedGuy:

There's surely a true love! Unless you've haven't experienced one smiley

angry angry angry

☣ ☠

Bros, where you for come na from Mars abi Jupiter?

A woman dey tell you say true no dey you dey argue.

☣ ☠
Re: What Is True Love? by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jun 09, 2018
OrestesDante:

angry angry angry

☣ ☠

Bros, where you come na from Mars abi Jupiter?

☣ ☠

She said from her own experience
.. You! Does true love exists?

1 Like

Re: What Is True Love? by Headlesschicken(m): 2:19pm On Jun 09, 2018
undecided When yuh lungs starts losing oxygen...
Re: What Is True Love? by SoapQueen(f): 2:21pm On Jun 09, 2018
OrestesDante:

angry angry angry

☣ ☠

Bros, where you for come na from Mars abi Jupiter?

☣ ☠

Loool.
Re: What Is True Love? by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jun 09, 2018
Headlesschicken:
undecided When yuh lungs starts losing oxygen...

You fix it with True Love
Re: What Is True Love? by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jun 09, 2018
SoapQueen:

Loool.

SoapQueen, I guess you might be heartbroken from somome.. But you'll realize what true love means when you find the true one!

1 Like

Re: What Is True Love? by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jun 09, 2018
SoapQueen:
So why is it when u are in love, it controls you but u can't control it?
Re: What Is True Love? by SoapQueen(f): 2:23pm On Jun 09, 2018
CertifiedGuy:

See, you had to explain and explain in your post. Some philosophers believe that whatever you cannot see or touch does not exist! Can you touch love? No. You can touch only bobby or coochie, that's Lust.
Re: What Is True Love? by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jun 09, 2018
Ikio:

Thanks... Ask SoapQueen
Re: What Is True Love? by SoapQueen(f): 2:25pm On Jun 09, 2018
Ikio:

Whatever will overtake my being without control is foolishness, not love.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is True Love? by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jun 09, 2018
SoapQueen:

See, you had to explain and explain in your post. Some philosophers believe that whatever you cannot see or touch does not exist! Can you touch love? No. You can touch only bobby or coochie, that's Lust.

OH Really? Have you ever been in love? If yes... Was the love true or false?

I guess you don't know that if true love doesn't exist, you won't be human being today... Ye! That's why from your parents.

I doubt how you'll marry tomorrow if you don't have true love smiley
Re: What Is True Love? by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jun 09, 2018
CertifiedGuy:

angry angry angry

☣ ☠

I'll talk to you like a brother though I don't know you.

But Bros, Nothing like true love. The only true love is the one Jesus has shown by dying on the cross of which atheists don't care.

Wetin be true love? This one that you will be loving a girl and you won't know that she's collecting it legbelegbe... Abeg!

☣ ☠
Re: What Is True Love? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jun 09, 2018
OrestesDante:

angry angry angry

☣ ☠

I'll talk you like a brother though I don't know you.

But Bros, Nothing like true love. The only true love is the one Jesus has shown by dying on the cross of which atheists don't care.

Wetin be true love? This one that you will be loving a girl and you won't know that she's collecting it legbelegbe... Abeg!

☣ ☠

I smile wink

Everybody ain't the same. Wait till you experience it smiley
Re: What Is True Love? by SoapQueen(f): 2:29pm On Jun 09, 2018
CertifiedGuy:

OH Really? Have you ever been in love? If yes... Was the love true or false?

I guess you don't know that if true love doesn't exist, you won't be human being today... Ye! That's why from your parents.

I doubt how you'll marry tomorrow if you don't have true love smiley

You started off with true love being perfect romance. The love I have for my mommy and daddy isn't Eros.

I gotta bounce. Boy bye!

1 Like

Re: What Is True Love? by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jun 09, 2018
SoapQueen:

its nice you just said love can make you do anything,

if you are a christian, love made God send its only son to die for us even when we are still sinning, daht the POWER OF LOVE, ITS D MOST POWERFUL FORCE IN THE UNIVERSAL.

When love leaves ur relationship, career or anything at all it just seem to be wrong no matter wat u do or our good you are.

1 Like

Re: What Is True Love? by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jun 09, 2018
CertifiedGuy:

I smile wink

Everybody ain't the same. Wait till you experience it smiley

angry angry angry

☣ ☠

It's like someone is giving this one fake something oooo....

My Lord will open your eyes of understanding.

☣ ☠
Re: What Is True Love? by SoapQueen(f): 2:40pm On Jun 09, 2018
Ikio:

if you are a christian, love made God send its only son to die for us even when we are still sinning, daht the POWER OF LOVE, ITS D MOST POWERFUL FORCE IN THE UNIVERSAL.

Sacre Bleu! The kind of love that started this topic is love between romantic partners, right? That's "Eros ", or what you call true love I don't have it.

I love God with my heart (Agape Love)
I love my friends (Philia/ Platonic Love)
I love my family( Pragma)

The type of love that Op so loves, I am sorry, I don't have it yet.

In a world where there is no altruism, and the few good ones have been burnt.

What's a girl supposed to do?

Bye, Lover boy.
Re: What Is True Love? by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jun 09, 2018
SoapQueen:

Funny grin

I said it! You're somehow heartbroken... But dear.. Take heart.. You'll surely get a true love since you've Agape Love, Platonic, Pragma Love!, You'll also have True Love Soon smiley smiley
Re: What Is True Love? by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jun 09, 2018
SoapQueen:

Sacre Bleu! The kind of love that started this topic is love between romantic partners, right? That's "Eros ", or what you call true love I don't have it.

I love God with my heart (Agape Love)
I love my friends (Philia/ Platonic Love)
I love my family( Pragma)

In a world where there is no altruism, and the few good ones have been burnt.

What's a girl supposed to do?

Bye, Lover boy.
i knw y i quoted u, read your comment again. Love gave u ur family, friends, everything and now you are saying true love don't exist, daht wrong and bad..... u should be grateful... i knw lust is not love.

1 Like

Re: What Is True Love? by Nobody: 2:56pm On Jun 09, 2018
Ikio:

When love leaves ur relationship, career or anything at all it just seem to be wrong no matter wat u do or our good you are.

angry angry angry

☣ ☠

Oga the analogy of God's love for man and "love can make you do anything" are two different things.
God's love for man is purposeful.

Don't let's make this thread religious abeg.

Love dey clear for eyes

☣ ☠
Re: What Is True Love? by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jun 09, 2018
OrestesDante:

angry angry angry

☣ ☠

Oga the analogy of God's love for man and" love can make you do anything" are two different things.
God's love for man is purposeful.

Don't let's make this thread religious abeg.

Love dey clear for eyes

☣ ☠

Do You Love Your Mum? daht my answer. i don't think you can do anything wrong if you are in love.. mind you i said love not lust infact you can easily work out of love into lust.

1 Like

Re: What Is True Love? by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jun 09, 2018
if you don't have d relationship kind of love its ok, but mind u, build ur relationship in GOD'S LOVE becos u can't love without GOD.

Those dead Nigerian soldier that where killed by bokoharam pls ask urself do they knw u or want 2 marry u, why then must they pay d price in blood?

1 Like

Re: What Is True Love? by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jun 09, 2018
SoapQueen:

And philosophers say philosophy is the love of wisdom... love exist dear.
Re: What Is True Love? by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jun 09, 2018
Ikio:
Do You Love Your Mum? daht my answer. [s]i don't think you can do anything wrong if you are in love.[/s] Yes, you can do a lot of things wrong. If you start loving foolishness will set in.

Romeo and Juliet is a Shakespearean drama.

.. mind you i said love not lust infact you can easily work out of love into lust.

angry angry angry

☣ ☠

I don't have any problem with your answer. It's your opinion and you're entitled to it.

E get wetin mama don do. Before hin pikin like am.

No dey carry the relationship between Mama and hin son compare one lady for somewhere.

How many ladies can do what your mother has done for you?

Love boys just full Nairaland

☣ ☠
Re: What Is True Love? by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jun 09, 2018
Ikio:
angry angry angry

☣ ☠

Now, this is the foolishness I'm talking about

☣ ☠
Re: What Is True Love? by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jun 09, 2018
Ikio:
if you don't have d relationship kind of love its ok, but mind u, build ur relationship in GOD'S LOVE becos u can't love without GOD.

Those dead Nigerian soldier that where killed by bokoharam pls ask urself do they knw u or want 2 marry u, why then must they pay d price in blood?

angry angry angry

☣ ☠

This one your body dey hot.

If most of them had had the opportunity of going back they would have. Bros, It's not easy out there.

Some of them realized what opted in for wasn't a joke but it was too late.

No one would love to die for this silly country.
I salute them and RIP to them though!

They'll forever be in our hearts. [Honour]

I only found some of your comparisons weak.

☣ ☠
Re: What Is True Love? by IamPlato(m): 4:39pm On Jun 09, 2018
SoapQueen:

Can You Touch Your Sense grin

That Means grin

1 Like

Re: What Is True Love? by IamPlato(m): 4:42pm On Jun 09, 2018
SoapQueen:

Ok enough...

Your Dad Loved Your Mom so He Married Her. He Didnt Use And Dump Her neither Did She Use And Dump Him Like You Ladies do These Days
Re: What Is True Love? by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jun 09, 2018
Lol grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Lady In My Neighborhood / What Types Of Foods Should You Eat If You Want To Cum More? / Curvy Actress Princess Shyngle Sends Fans Into A Frenzy As She Flashes Her Fat V

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.