Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,110 members, 7,818,314 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:27 PM

Awolowo Had No Equal - Politics (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Awolowo Had No Equal (29625 Views)

See A Photo Of N1 Note That Was Used In 1979 When $1 Was Equal To N0.647 / awolowo had no power to remove Western nigeria from Nigeria. Only Ademusiwa has / Eze:awolowo Had Nothing To Do With Biafra,gowon Who Lead The Killing 1 Million (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by redsun(m): 11:05am On Jun 09, 2010
As regards cynicism,i will give it to awo.All the so-called founding fathers brought to nigeria are systematic mental slavery and enforced tribal sentiments that is reaping the country apart today like wild fire.

I will rather pick Aminu Kano,who lived all his life as a simple and trust worthy man in the cause of service to his fatherland.
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jun 09, 2010
Now y'all showing us the man's cap 'n' his 'coke bottles'. What'll y'all show us next, his leather thongs, no wait maybe his cum stained 'pataa' and the grease he used 2 jerk off. angry
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jun 09, 2010
@ Azuka: Matthew 7: 6
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by Afam4eva(m): 3:46pm On Jun 09, 2010
The only thing that will rest this issue is if the OP comes to tell us what he meant by "Awolowo Had No Equal". It depends on the way you look at it. If it's in terms of development i'll give it to Awolowo but been a leader involves so many things.
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by MKO3: 4:54pm On Jun 09, 2010
I have taken the pain to read all the post on this thread and i must confess Nigeria has a very long way to go in terms of coming out of the blues.The so called educated people are nothing more than ignorant people who cannot even marshall a point without resulting to abuses.No wonder you guys throw chairs and table at the various assemblies.This is just a representation of what has happened so far.I am sure if it were possible ,chairs and tables would have been flying.
Now back to the topic,somebody made a claim backed with fact on why he feels that somebody is a better leader than the others .what you need to do is to intelligently make your own case on why you think he is not stating the fact .
Forget about all the hearsays and what have you ,thats sensational journalism that which depicts the state of nigerian judiciary.No jpournalist has been sentenced to jail for reporting falsehood.
Let me help all .These are the facts.
Nigeria ,had three regions then consisting of Western region,Eastern region and northern region each one manned by their leaders.

to know who is the better leader you have to judge each leaders performance on equal pedestal,according to the resources at their disposal.that is how it should be done not all those tribal shit you guys are protraying .For guys like ezeuche and his likes you are not making any sense.i know you will never change so continue.
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by dayokanu(m): 7:57pm On Jun 09, 2010
Ojukwu: (Un)arguably the "MOST POPULAR NIGERIAN, EVER". The epitome of greed! The spoilt child of one of the earliest Ibo millionaires of the time. The source of his father's wealth is still a huge mystery. Popular Ibo folklore is that his father was a diamond merchant, who mined high quality diamonds in the forests of Eastern Nigeria. The only problem with this story is that NIGERIA HAS NO KNOWN DIAMOND DEPOSITS!!! Recently released documents from FBI and CIA files from the '40s however show that the older Ojukwu ran a sophiticated Heroin ring stretching from the Andes all the way to Europe, the Americas, and South-East Asia. His proteges still wreck havoc today in countries such as South Africa, Brazil, Indonesia, Europe, The United States and Thailand.

Young Ojukwu attempted to seize power at all costs and become King of Nigeria. The rest of Nigeria wasnt having it and a bloody war ensued. Ojukwu had his aszz handed to his feet and he was beat "nine hours into next sunday". Seeing that his dreams of "owning" his own empire had been wiped out, he fled Biafra like a biyyytch while dressed as a biyyytch; leaving his disciples to wallow in suffering and death! Years later, he returned, became pals with his former oppressors, killed perceived and imagined enemies (including Ken Saro-Wiwa) and married his best friend's daughther: a gal whom he attended her christening (as a 43 year old man) and who he was "appointed" (in Catholic parlance) as her "god-father"! The "real" father of the Ibos, Namdi Azikiwe, recalled him as "a brutish, ugly fellow, who would do anything for money. . . ". This statement drew the ire of Ojuku and he allegedly attempted to murder the elderly statesman, who then fled and sought protection amongst the Yorubas where he peacefully lived the rest of his days! Ojuku's latest dalliance with his former enemies has him endorsing the murderous Gen.Banbagidah to be the next President in 2011. His properties, lost during the brutal Nigerian civil war, have all been returned to him. He collects regular pensions from the Nigerian army while his former Biafran soldiers (most crippled with various disabilities) wallow in deep poverty and in serious need of rehabilitation. Che Guevera he is not!

Saro-wiwa: Freedom Fighter extraordinaire. He has been compared to sages such as Oliver Thambo, Nelson Mandela, Simon Bolivar and a hosts of others who had the love of their people at heart. Was at odds with Ojuku over the civil war which he regarded as ". . . dumb, fo.olish, naive and st.upid!!! The exploits and greed of a definite mad man who clearly gets a hard-on when he thinks about our oil wells and reaches or*gars.m when he imagines controlling it". Ojuku, vowed to kill him! Exposed the plight of the Niger-Delta to the world and paid for this with his life. Allegedly snagged 4 of Ojukwu's girlfriend's in their youth, due to his impeccable good looks and mastery of oration. During the rule of the villianous Gen.Abacha he was arrested on trumped up charges and sentenced to death in a flawed "trial". All over the world, there was outcry against his imprisonment and sentence. Only one group supported that he should be executed: The Ibos (led by Ojuku). Ojuku, traversed the whole world, like a multi-platinum rapper on a world tour, trying to "sell" the justification why Saro-Wiwa "deserved" to be hung! On the morning just before he was executed, Ojuku reportedly visited him, spit in his face, laughed and taunted him and made the now (in)famous "Good Morning in the evening" statement. Saro-Wiwa was said to have been defiant through all of this. After his execution, Ojuku signed a register (as a witness to his death), and in "Rock Star Mode" took numerous pictures and signed autographs with clearly illiterate admirers! Laughable Ibo versions of the last minutes of his life have him "on his knees begging Ojuku for forgiveness for not believing in Biafra and for bagging those 4 girls in their youth". This version has been debunked by saner historians and political analysts as "the usual Ibo delusion and penchant for twisting the truth". He is remembered all over the world for his bravery and a National Holiday in his honor is in the offing.

@Bk/babe, i would like to know how you got your info and where you did your research, I have never heard most of the things you wrote about Saro Wiwa and Ojukwu before.

Are you a Nigerian? If yes, Yoruba or South South cos obviosly you aint Igbo
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by redsun(m): 8:10pm On Jun 09, 2010
At a time some yorubas use to literally see the picture of awo in moon,for real,they were da-nm serious
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by tpiah: 8:15pm On Jun 09, 2010
^^hmm, one of the extremely rare times i've agreed with you.

i seem to remember being told something like that, as a kid.

ie that Awo's face was on the moon.

i wonder how such rumours get started.

no, i only saw the last post before mine on this thread.
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by redsun(m): 8:18pm On Jun 09, 2010
tpiah:

^^hmm, one of the extremely rare times i've agreed with you.

i seem to remember being told something like that, as a kid.

ie that Awo's face was on the moon.

i wonder how such rumours get started.

no, i only saw the last post before mine on this thread.

Tell me,as the yoruba amazon,u will know better,
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by dayokanu(m): 8:20pm On Jun 09, 2010
That was how much he was reverred in the Yoruba land. The way Americans look at George Washington and Abraham Lincoln
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by tpiah: 8:21pm On Jun 09, 2010
redsun:

Tell me,as the yoruba amazon,u will know better,

recognize!!!!!
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by redsun(m): 8:25pm On Jun 09, 2010
tpiah:

recognize!!!!!

U like it eeh?i know very much what makes u jiggle,peace.
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by tpiah: 8:26pm On Jun 09, 2010
^^likewise.

i know what pushes your buttons, bro.
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by redsun(m): 8:34pm On Jun 09, 2010
tpiah:

^^likewise.

i know what pushes your buttons, bro.

Do u?good,one love.Whatever be the case,i am not mad at u,unless of course u are pulling my 'bruccos'
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by tpiah: 8:37pm On Jun 09, 2010
^^if you like be mad nah.

bottling up everything is bad for your health. wink

anyway, too much thread derailment?
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by redsun(m): 8:39pm On Jun 09, 2010
tpiah:

^^if you like be mad nah.

bottling up everything is bad for your health. wink

anyway, too much thread derailment?

Yes i am off too because in no time,u will go haywire.
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by tpiah: 8:40pm On Jun 09, 2010
^^ yes, go and play.
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by Dede1(m): 8:47pm On Jun 09, 2010
I still maintain that Nigeria should be disintegrated in order to allow seed to germinate where it may. I have to blame the freedom to play stupidity on Internet that provided avenue for moronic imbeciles to grow unfounded conjectures on the web.

Thank goodness there exist some rudimentary pointers in Nigeria that reveal the level of education or lack thereof in certain section of the country. If Ndigbo in particular and eastern region in general had been found floundering in area of academic, few loudmouths would have posited that Awolowo offered to help Ndigbo and eastern region of Nigeria in academic through the worthless free education but Azikiwe or Ojukwu slept on such wonderful proposal.
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by bkbabe97: 8:52pm On Jun 09, 2010
Dede1:

I still maintain that Nigeria should be disintegrated in order to allow seed to germinate where it may.

And when this proposed disintegration takes place where do the Niger Deltans go? With the Ibos right? lol!!!

Dede1:

I still maintain that Nigeria should be disintegrated in order to allow seed to germinate where it may. I have to blame the freedom to play stupidity on Internet that provided avenue for moronic imbeciles to grow unfounded conjectures on the web.

Thank goodness there exist some rudimentary pointers in Nigeria that reveal the level of education or lack thereof in certain section of the country. If Ndigbo in particular and eastern region in general had been found floundering in area of academic, few loudmouths would have posited that Awolowo offered to help Ndigbo and eastern region of Nigeria in academic through the worthless free education but Azikiwe or Ojukwu slept on such wonderful proposal.

Lol.hahahahaha. Dude, ure the numero uno clown in town!!! Look at the bolded; YOU'RE A DISGRACE!!! lol. And if "English speakers" are asked to identify themselves, ur hands will be raised too, right? Trust, u shoulda took advantage of that free education ure busy condemning!!!
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by babapupa: 9:12pm On Jun 09, 2010
Dede1:

This senseless and pointless rubbish is an obvious reflection of the level of  insecurities and lack of self worth and assurance prevalent within the Igbo community.
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by swezenberg(m): 10:10pm On Jun 09, 2010
afam4eva ,

In terms of development, he leads in that regard but when it comes to fostering national united, he failed woefully.

So an Ibo boy can post this after all the tongue-lashing like a dog salivating. Na wa for ibos on this thread o. May be I need to lend them some brain.
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by swezenberg(m): 10:18pm On Jun 09, 2010
tk babe,

Those ibo boys are intimidated by your sound vocabulary. You can imagine the one that is name sound like slowpoke, "didirin" in Yoruba trying to bring some funny words he had three sleepless nights on, just to prove that an ibo boy attended school.

Well Kanu had once said if they could be "deterimeened" they would be on top of their game.
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by Dede1(m): 10:38pm On Jun 09, 2010
babapupa:

This senseless and pointless rubbish is an obvious reflection of the level of insecurities and lack of self worth and assurance prevalent within the Igbo community.

Are you trying to deny the fact there is rudimentary gauge of level of academic achievements in Nigeria? Are you not one of the loudmouthed prophets who had preached the greatness of Awo and how he academically uplifted Yoruba over and above other ethnic groups in Nigeria?

Look punk, you can accuse Ndigbo of many things but insecurities, lack of self worth and assurance are not part of them.
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by abadaba(m): 11:14pm On Jun 09, 2010
swezenberg:

tk babe,

Those ibo boys are intimidated by your sound vocabulary. You can imagine the one that is name sound like slowpoke, "didirin" in Yoruba trying to bring some funny words he had three sleepless nights on, just to prove that an ibo boy attended school.

Well Kanu had once said if they could be "deterimeened" they would be on top of their game.
Monkey, your post are exquisitely boring. Do you not understand that everyone has ignored you. Go back to the zoo and play with your fellow infuriating delinquents. Stinking monkey.
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by AzukaO(m): 11:36pm On Jun 09, 2010
@ babapupa and Akingbemaru

I actually thought I was discussing with gentlemen, people who could discuss without a siege mentality that everyone with a dissenting voice is an enemy. I am appalled and disgusted by your comments on my choice of Gani as my greatest Nigerian. I guess in your ethnic-infested view of life, you were shocked that an Igbo man could rate a Yoruba man as the greatest Nigerian. But what a pity! I don’t reason the way you do. What trips you is not what trips me.

Even though you insulted me the first time and I did not respond, you still went ahead to heap more insults on someone that has not insulted you in any way or attacked your point of view. Because I had a choice different from yours, you resorted to personal attacks and insults. That was a shame. I wish your children or younger ones could hear you display such low-road mentality. That type of dictatorial attitude to divergent view is the stuff people like Abacha and IBB are known. And it is clear you would be worse than they if you were a military ruler. God save us from people like you who will kill anybody who disagrees with them.

So the only way to make you happy is if all Nigerians agree with you that Awo was the greatest Nigerian? Sorry we no longer live under dictatorship. You chose Awo and I did not call you names; I made my own choice (who is not even from Igboland), and you went berserk.

Talking about not comparing a human rights activist and politician, was Mahatma Gandhi a political ruler? Is he not rated the No 1 in India and rated highly across the world? Was Martin Luther King Jnr a governor, senator or president in the ? Is he not rated higher than the majority of American presidents? What is this childish way of reasoning that as human rights activist cannot be compared to a politician?

For you, Awo is the greatest. I have no problem with that. For me, Gani Fawehinmi is my choice. QED. If you don’t like my view, you can buy yourself a beautiful heart attack. That is your business. It won’t remove a strand of hair from my head.

I had stated it before in a subtle way but it seems some people didn’t understand it. So let me put it now bluntly: Anybody who forces others to accept by “superior facts and argument” that his mother is better than their mothers is an irredeemable fool. Anybody who wants to force others to accept that his religion or ethnic group, or language, or culture, or party, or party leader, or sports club, etc is superior to others’ is a BIG FOOL to be pitied. Life does not work like that. Even if those men accept it at gunpoint, they will call you a fool in their hearts and wait until they are free. So save your breath. Dale Carnegie said: “Be smarter than others, if you can, but never tell them so.” They will never accept that you are smarter, neither will they respect you or like you. I rest my case.
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by bkbabe97: 11:47pm On Jun 09, 2010
Azuka.O:

Dale Carnegie said: “Be smarter than others, if you can, but never tell them so.” They will never accept that you are smarter, neither will they respect you or like you. [/b]

Jesus! Could u please forward the above quote to the following: Wily+Wily, Ezeuche, Onytruth, Justcash, Mekuxxshitty, Dede1, MENTALgong, Igboboy, Eziachi and co? Thanx in advance!
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by AzukaO(m): 12:11am On Jun 10, 2010
M.K.O:

I have taken the pain to read all the post on this thread and i must confess Nigeria has a very long way to go in terms of coming out of the blues.The so called educated people are nothing more than ignorant people who cannot even marshall a point without resulting to abuses.No wonder you guys throw chairs and table at the various assemblies.This is just a representation of what has happened so far.I am sure if it were possible ,chairs and tables would have been flying.
Now back to the topic,somebody made a claim backed with fact on why he feels that somebody is a better leader than the others .what you need to do is to intelligently make your own case on why you think he is not stating the fact .
Forget about all the hearsays and what have you ,thats sensational journalism that which depicts the state of nigerian judiciary.No jpournalist has been sentenced to jail for reporting falsehood.
Let me help all .These are the facts.
Nigeria ,had three regions then consisting of Western region,Eastern region and northern region each one manned by their leaders.

to know who is the better leader you have to judge each leaders performance on equal pedestal,according to the resources at their disposal.that is how it should be done not all those tribal poo you guys are protraying .For guys like ezeuche and his likes you are not making any sense.i know you will never change so continue.

Pls let's make this clear: Judging which among Awo, Zik and Sardauna as regional premiers achieved most for his people is clearly different from 'Awo has no equal'. If what you said was the thrust of the argument, no Igbo man would claim that Zik did more for the Igbos than Awo or Bello. The reason why Igbos don't venerate Zik like the Yorubas and Hausas venerate Awo and Bello is that while the other two made it clear that they were out to take care of the interest of their people, Zik was more concerned about Nigeria and Africa. Example: When Zik founded Nigeria's first indigenous university, he called it University of Nigeria, Nsukka. When Awo founded his, he called it University of Ife, while Sardauna called his University of Zaria.  Zik founded a bank and called it African Continental Bank. Zik founded a neswpaper and called it the West African Pilot. He founded a party and called it NCNC -National Congress of Nigerian Citizens - at a time some others named theirs after their regions, etc

Igbos don't see Zik as an Igbo leader. They see him as a Nigerian leader. The people they see as Igbo leaders are Ojukwu, M.I. Okpara. Hausas don't see Balewa as Hausa leader; their eternal leader was/is Sir Ahmadu Bello (Sardauna of Sokoto).
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by henry101(m): 12:33am On Jun 10, 2010
Azuka.O:

Pls let's make this clear: Judging which among Awo, Zik and Sardauna as regional premiers achieved most for his people is clearly different from 'Awo has no equal'. If what you said was the thrust of the argument, no Igbo man would claim that Zik did more for the Igbos than Awo or Bello. The reason why Igbos don't venerate Zik like the Yorubas and Hausas venerate Awo and Bello is that while the other two made it clear that they were out to take care of the interest of their people, Zik was more concerned about Nigeria and Africa. Example: When Zik founded Nigeria's first indigenous university, he called it University of Nigeria, Nsukka. When Awo founded his, he called it University of Ife, while Sardauna called his University of Zaria. Zik founded a bank and called it African Continental Bank. Zik founded a neswpaper and called it the West African Pilot. He founded a party and called it NCNC -National Congress of Nigerian Citizens - at a time some others named theirs after their regions, etc

Igbos don't see Zik as an Igbo leader. They see him as a Nigerian leader. The people they see as Igbo leaders are Ojukwu, M.I. Okpara. Hausas don't see Balewa as Hausa leader; their eternal leader was/is Sir Ahmadu Bello (Sardauna of Sokoto).

VERY GOOD.
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by babapupa: 12:39am On Jun 10, 2010
Azuka.O:

@ babapupa and Akingbemaru

I actually thought I was discussing with gentlemen, people who could discuss without a siege mentality that everyone with a dissenting voice is an enemy. I am appalled and disgusted by your comments on my choice of Gani as my greatest Nigerian. I guess in your ethnic-infested view of life, you were shocked that an Igbo man could rate a Yoruba man as the greatest Nigerian. But what a pity! I don’t reason the way you do. What trips you is not what trips me.

Even though you insulted me the first time and I did not respond, you still went ahead to heap more insults on someone that has not insulted you in any way or attacked your point of view. Because I had a choice different from yours, you resorted to personal attacks and insults. That was a shame. I wish your children or younger ones could hear you display such low-road mentality. That type of dictatorial attitude to divergent view is the stuff people like Abacha and IBB are known.   And it is clear you would be worse than they if you were a military ruler. God save us from people like you who will kill anybody who disagrees with them.

So the only way to make you happy is if all Nigerians agree with you that Awo was the greatest Nigerian? Sorry we no longer live under dictatorship.  You chose Awo and I did not call you names; I made my own choice (who is not even from Igboland), and you went berserk.

Talking about not comparing a human rights activist and politician, was Mahatma Gandhi a political ruler? Is he not rated the No 1 in India and rated highly across the world? Was Martin Luther King Jnr a governor, senator or president in the ? Is he not rated higher than the majority of American presidents? What is this childish way of reasoning that as human rights activist cannot be compared to a politician?

For you, Awo is the greatest. I have no problem with that. For me, Gani Fawehinmi is my choice. QED. If you don’t like my view, you can buy yourself a beautiful heart attack. That is your business. It won’t remove a strand of hair from my head.

I had stated it before in a subtle way but it seems some people didn’t understand it. So let me put it now bluntly: Anybody who forces others to accept by “superior facts and argument” that his mother is better than their mothers is an irredeemable fool. Anybody who wants to force others to accept that his religion or ethnic group, or language, or culture, or party, or party leader, or sports club, etc is superior to others’ is a BIG FOOL to be pitied. Life does not work like that.  Even if those men accept it at gunpoint, they will call you a fool in their hearts and wait until they are free. So save your breath. Dale Carnegie said:  “Be smarter than others, if you can, but never tell them so.” They will never accept that you are smarter, neither will they respect you or like you. I rest my case.

Is this a case of inability to read and comprehend or just flapping your fingers because you have cheap access to the internet?

Onece again, the tread is titled Awo had no equal, not Gani had no equal.

Gani was a great man, but we are not talking about Gani today and if Gani is it for you today, go and start your own thread and title it Gani had no equal. I'll stop by and contribute gan sef.

For now, clear road abeg.
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by AzukaO(m): 12:53am On Jun 10, 2010
babapupa:

Is this a case of inability to read and comprehend or just flapping your fingers because you have cheap access to the internet?

Onece again, the tread is titled Awo had no equal, not Gani had no equal.

Gani was a great man, but we are not talking about Gani today and if Gani is it for you today, go and start your own thread and title it Gani had no equal. I'll stop by and contribute gan sef.

For now, clear road abeg.

Oga, the speed at which you go personal says a lot about you. Your love for insults really cheapens you.

Talking about understanding the thread, I think you should be the one I should ask if you have a problem comprehending me.

The post says: "Awo had no equal." And I respond thus: "I disagree; Awo has a superior in Gani. Gani Fawehinmi was better than he or any other Nigerian past or present."

Why is it too difficult for you to accept that I have a right to have my choice?
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by babapupa: 1:07am On Jun 10, 2010
Azuka.O:

Pls let's make this clear: Judging which among Awo, Zik and Sardauna as regional premiers achieved most for his people is clearly different from 'Awo has no equal'. If what you said was the thrust of the argument, no Igbo man would claim that Zik did more for the Igbos than Awo or Bello. The reason why Igbos don't venerate Zik like the Yorubas and Hausas venerate Awo and Bello is that while the other two made it clear that they were out to take care of the interest of their people, Zik was more concerned about Nigeria and Africa. Example: When Zik founded Nigeria's first indigenous university, he called it University of Nigeria, Nsukka. When Awo founded his, he called it University of Ife, while Sardauna called his University of Zaria.  Zik founded a bank and called it African Continental Bank. Zik founded a neswpaper and called it the West African Pilot. He founded a party and called it NCNC -National Congress of Nigerian Citizens - at a time some others named theirs after their regions, etc

Abeg stop this shallow and irrelevant nonsense.

Do you even know anything about job discriprion?

Awolowo's main job, the job he swore oath to perform was to lead the western region, to look out for and take care of the western region, not federal republic of Nigeria or the African continent.

If Zik derelict and go do what they didn't ask him to do and shortchanged is people in the process, that one na Zik's problem and the people wey hire or appoint him.

Zik was the president of Nigeria and Awo was the premier of THE WESTERN REGION. Get it trough your thick skull,

I try hard not to laugh at Igbo people's sense of reasoning and sad ways of letting Zik off the hook. They say things like, oh, he did not do anything because he was a pan africanist, he was for a united Nigeria. WTF has that got to do with you job? Wtf has tat got to do with taking care of your people? Was he trying to build a bridge across africa and call it pan african bridge?

Was he appointed or elected to be a pan africanist or what ever sorry a/s/s labels you guys affix to his shortcomings.

You guys really need to go peddle that redundant pan african nonsense elsewhere,

And if Igbo people don't have any pride in their leaders and can not highlight their achievements, that's your problem and if Yoruba people wanna yell Awolowo till eternity, that's their prerogative, so why are you Igbo people running around as if your birthrights got taken away?

Of course, it's all about your backward ways of thinking and communal insecurities.  
Azuka.O:

Oga, the speed at which you go personal says a lot about you. Your love for insults really cheapens you.

Talking about understanding the thread, I think you should be the one I should ask if you have a problem comprehending me.

The post says: "Awo had no equal." And I respond thus: "I disagree; Awo has a superior in Gani. Gani Fawehinmi was better than he or any other Nigerian past or present."

Why is it too difficult for you to accept that I have a right to have my choice?

Again, this is about Awolowo, not Gani.
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by babapupa: 1:17am On Jun 10, 2010
Azuka.O:

Ask yourself,

Was Gani the premier of the western region? Was he the premier of the eastern region? Was he the premier of the northern region?

The thread starter asserted the quote below as the main contentions and body of his summation,

Within the context of Nigerian, and indeed within African politics, Awolowo had no equal. He towered above his colleagues.

So, was Gani a politician?

Was Gani a political colleague of Awolowo?

They didn't ask you to compare apples and oranges.

Obviously, your reading and comprehension skill betrayed you?

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply)

Dalung's Meeting With Militants: Buhari Orders Probe - New Telegraph / BREAKING: Tribunal Dismisses Onnoghen’s No-case Submission / Osinbajo Hosts Reps APC Caucus (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.