Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,817 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:39 AM

Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? (29860 Views)

"We Train Girls As Suicide Bombers"; Jealous Wife Snitches On Her Husband / Yoruba Politicians Are Smarter Than Their Igbo Counterparts: Oba Of Lagos Saga / The Nigerian Political Class And Their Foreign Counterparts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by tkb417(m): 3:46pm On Jun 09, 2010
thanks nikkygal

grin grin grin

@Kobo

ill still get the right figures from someone
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Sauron1: 3:47pm On Jun 09, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Na only you im go offer free excursion? Why e no offer am everybody for here? Me sef I fit Pretend say I no like Naija. lol

Sorry, you are too LATE. grin
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Kobojunkie: 3:47pm On Jun 09, 2010
tkb417:

@Kobo

this is the way it works

there are different bands of taxable income

assuming u earn 1,000,000 per month

and the bands include

0 - N10,000
10,0000- 50,0000
50,0000- 150,000
150,000 and above
they tax like 20% for each band and like 25% for the last band

so if u make more money, u'll pay more

i'll get the right band and tax rate for u. just asked someone to send to me

ill post here
I am already on the LIRS website using their tax calculator and trying to get as high as  I can but still not reached the 32% mark. Trying to figure out how much you would make for you to have to pay that much in taxes.
 grin

According to the tax calculator,

if your total income is Naira 3, 050,000, you will likely pay about Naira 585,750

If your total income is Naira 100,075,000, No dependents and No children, you will likely pay about Naira 19,992,000 in Taxes
http://www.lirs.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=56&Itemid=70
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by tkb417(m): 3:50pm On Jun 09, 2010
Kobojunkie:

I am already on the LIRS website using their tax calculator and trying to get as high as I can but still not reached the 32% mark. Trying to figure out how much you would make for you to have to pay that much in taxes.
grin

According to the tax calculator,

if your total income is Naira 3, 050,000, you will likely pay about Naira 585,750

http://www.lirs.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=56&Itemid=70
hehehehe
kobo, for real
i just punched my calculator
its not up to 32% grin grin grin grin

i seriously didnt know the rate for real on the top of my head
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by martinosi: 3:51pm On Jun 09, 2010
***yawns***
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Kobojunkie: 3:52pm On Jun 09, 2010
tkb417:

hehehehe
kobo, for real
i just punched my calculator
its not up to 32% grin grin grin grin

i seriously didnt know the rate for real on the top of my head

Are you 100% you do not pay federal taxes? If yes, that is a decent tax rate then in Lagos.
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by kildran: 3:53pm On Jun 09, 2010
Having lied in both places, I would say the underlying factor is what are you doing where you are.
Pro: Nigerians find it difficult to get jobs in the UK.
Con:There are absolutely no jobs in Nigeria.
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jun 09, 2010
WOW! only Nigerians would be coming on a forum talking about jealousy and who is better than who
wow! cant we all realise that regardless of who is better than who there is always someone better off than you?
Just like we have Nigerians living in Nigeria in abject poverty we also have Nigerians living all over the world in abject poverty
and the fact that we black/brown/yellow pawpaw people still bear grudges against our fellow brothers when they seem to be making a heads up really baffles me
stay in the USA(miss naija like mad,sometimes no light just feels good,lol),own a computer biz and was really getting customers from the Nigerian/ghanaian community but then i got a new car and the biz just drops and the rapport totally changed like there was some sort of envy in there and that really shocked me cos regardless of what I have/just got,it is the friendship that matters.when i meet a nigerian here who is well-off than me,i try to get to know that person(contacts) for I can easily advance my biz that way
when will we stop all these nonsense we call big-boyism,money-miss-roadism?
all I get from my yankee friends is cool nice ride and no envy but my african brothers would rather hate me for taking a positive step in my life
na wah o
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by ruffhandu: 3:55pm On Jun 09, 2010
Some of these so-called hustlers in the UK wash the ass of old white ladies for a living, got this info from a reliable source.
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by remoranger(m): 3:56pm On Jun 09, 2010
@ poster

life is difficult everywhere depends on your opportunities and station in life. i grew up in Nigeria and i am currently in the UK. i know what most of y'all do over here (per hour) and the hardships in Naija. just keep on hustling. don't matter where yo are.

@kobo whatever,

why the Bleep do you always sound so bitter and depressed. are you sure you are a female so? lawd have mercy on who ever puts/has put/or is putting a ring on it.
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by alamsdee: 3:58pm On Jun 09, 2010
ruffhandu:

Some of these so-called hustlers in the UK wash the backside of old white ladies for a living, got this info from a reliable source.

yes they do, and they are very proud of it, BUT U, WHAT JOB DO YOU DO IN NIGERIA
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by martinosi: 3:59pm On Jun 09, 2010
******yawns******
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by tkb417(m): 4:02pm On Jun 09, 2010
ok kobo

the non taxable deductibes are
2,500 per child for 4 children
20k fro transport allowance
utility 10k per annum
2,000 per dependent for 2 dependents
housing allowance 150k
meal allowance for 5k
entertainment of 6k

after removing all these

you tax the following
first 30k = 5%
next 30k = 10%
next 50k = 15%
next 50k = 20%

everyother thing is taxed at 25%
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by jaybee3(m): 4:03pm On Jun 09, 2010
Chei, i seriously need to move to lag man. ma ass is paying a whopping 40% tax on anything above 35K.
TKB, talk correct nau  tongue
I wan enjoy like u na abi na hatch make i contact    cheesy cheesy
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Kobojunkie: 4:04pm On Jun 09, 2010
When I ran the calculator with no dependents and no children I got

If your total income is Naira 100,075,000, No dependents and No children, you will likely pay about Naira 19,992,000 in Taxes Which is less than 20% and that is seriously cheap rates there if you also don't pay federal taxes.

Are people allowed to use the online calculator for calculating real taxes too? If person fit use that calculator, print the result and send it in with payment, I hope dem go take am oo cause it gives you less than 20% on even 100 million income.
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Sauron1: 4:06pm On Jun 09, 2010
martinosi:

I never Judge or under-rate Nigerian in the uk,  I have a friend that does
driving instructing work in south london and the guy owns nearly
4 multi-million naira properties in Abuja and has over 10 properties in London
what der he*ck is what i thought is he doing doing driving instruction work

Driving Instructors are KINGS in this land.
They make an average of 500 -700 pounds per week.
How many Bankers can match that in Nigeria?

All they do is sit around and tutor AA students how to drive in a fully a/c car.
Drive around for 1 hour and go to the next addy to pick the next student.
I'm seriously considering doing it these days. grin grin grin grin
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by ruffhandu: 4:10pm On Jun 09, 2010
alamsdee:

yes they do, and they are very proud of it, BUT U, WHAT JOB DO YOU DO IN NIGERIA

Are you one of them? Guy you don't have to run away from your homeland, lots of decent jobs around.
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by martinosi: 4:18pm On Jun 09, 2010
******yawns******
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by MRMoneyE(m): 4:21pm On Jun 09, 2010
No matter how much guys make in 9ja, they still beg you to  send them Blackberry 9700, but when you tell them that its cost £450 approximately N125k, those
of them that think they got the money in 9ja will tell  you
~Sauron~:

Driving Instructors are KINGS in this land.
They make an average of 500 -700 pounds per week.
How many Bankers can match that in Nigeria?

All they do is sit around and tutor AA students how to drive in a fully a/c car.
Drive around for 1 hour and go to the next addy to pick the next student.
I'm seriously considering doing it these days. grin grin grin grin
is just 40k now from Etisalat or MTN, the money is even hard for them in 9ja to spend. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by tkb417(m): 4:22pm On Jun 09, 2010
jay bee:

Chei, i seriously need to move to lag man. ma backside is paying a whopping 40% tax on anything above 35K.
TKB, talk correct nau  tongue
I wan enjoy like u na abi na hatch make i contact    cheesy cheesy
wetin u wan come do for 9ja?
hehehehe

we have mosquitoes here o grin
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by ogajim(m): 4:23pm On Jun 09, 2010
Any wonders why Nigeria can't move forward

@OP: Let's assume you visited a few circle of folks who didn't give you the time of day maybe because they got your schedule too late, is that an offense?

We need to learn to respect other people's choices and preferences instead of trying to impose our self/own preferences and choices on others.

It was Mamman Vatsa who said " a lean freedom is better than a fat slavery" back in the day when Nigeria was still good talk less of now, I don't have any problem with those I know in Nigeria that visit often but I do insist on proper notification so I can make time for "baby sitting" wink

I prefer Hotels when I visit the cities in Nigeria because I want to run the AC and not worry about "gen" polluting the air and okada/car honking at all times, but we still love the country because no matter the level we attain anywhere, we are still tied to Nigeria even if we don't want to be.

"Can't we all just get along, " grin
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by martinosi: 4:26pm On Jun 09, 2010
******yawns******
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Sauron1: 4:26pm On Jun 09, 2010
tkb417:

wetin u wan come do for 9ja?
hehehehe

we have mosquitoes here o grin

Cheiiiiiii -
TKB, how many times does an average Nigerian fight Malaria Fever in a year?
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by tkb417(m): 4:27pm On Jun 09, 2010
hmmm abeg make u relax, your rent is a drop in the bucket
compared to what Nigerians are paying in the uk.

The average nigerians rent in the uk is 500,000 naira a month
in Naira equivalent so let leave that talk!!!
in short, the average rent in UK for Nigerians is 27,000 GBP

yeah right grin grin grin

around phase 1 in Lekki, its not uncommon to get rents at 2m per annum so we aint paupers here u know grin grin grin
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Kobojunkie: 4:29pm On Jun 09, 2010
tkb417:

around phase 1 in Lekki, its not uncommon to get rents at 2m per annum so we aint paupers here u know grin grin grin

But he was not referring to an area like Lekki. He was referring to more common areas.
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by tkb417(m): 4:30pm On Jun 09, 2010
Kobojunkie:

When I ran the calculator with no dependents and no children I got

If your total income is Naira 100,075,000, No dependents and No children, you will likely pay about Naira 19,992,000 in Taxes Which is less than 20% and that is seriously cheap rates there if you also don't pay federal taxes.

Are people allowed to use the online calculator for calculating real taxes too? If person fit use that calculator, print the result and send it in with payment, I hope dem go take am oo cause it gives you less than 20% on even 100 million income.
yeah kobo, its around 20% circa

so u can come to Nigeria grin grin
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by martinosi: 4:30pm On Jun 09, 2010
******yawns******
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Sauron1: 4:31pm On Jun 09, 2010
tkb417:

2000GBP = N500,000

2 million naira per annum is 8000 GBP.
99.9% of the Nigerians here pay that as rent EVERY YEAR. . . .
The cheapest one bedroom apartment in the London Area is about 800 GBP per month.
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by tkb417(m): 4:31pm On Jun 09, 2010
Kobojunkie:

But he was not referring to an area like Lekki. He was referring to more common areas.
so where in UK is he paying 27,000 GBP per annum as rent
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Kobojunkie: 4:34pm On Jun 09, 2010
tkb417:

so where in UK is he paying 27,000 GBP per annum as rent

A bigger part of London than Lekki. Even a bigger part of where I live.
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by tkb417(m): 4:35pm On Jun 09, 2010
~Sauron~:

2000GBP = N500,000

2 million naira per annum is 8000 GBP.
99.9% of the Nigerians here pay that EVERY YEAR.
congrats o cheesy

Kobojunkie:

A bigger part of London than Lekki. Even a bigger part of where I live.
is that where an average Nigerian lives?
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by tkb417(m): 4:37pm On Jun 09, 2010
~Sauron~:

Cheiiiiiii -
TKB, how many times does an average Nigerian fight Malaria Fever in a year?
like every month grin grin
are we complaining

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply)

Fayose Meets Ayodele Dada Daniel At An Event In Lagos. Photos / Aguyi Ironsi, Ojukwu As Young Soldiers (Throwback Photo) / N80b Salary Debt: Akeredolu Begs Ondo Workers To Waive Outstanding Salaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.