Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,125 members, 7,821,859 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:15 PM

'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies (57859 Views)

Newlywed Bride Advises Single Women To Avoid Men (Video) / "Wear Your Shirt Back" - Lady Advises Lady Who Tries To Entice Guys / "Don't Lose Your Husband Because Of Boyfriend"- Nigerian Lady Advises (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by daveP(m): 10:48pm On Jul 04, 2018
It's ironic that the Bible predicts how people see marriage and how it would be regarded highly again with the 7women to 1man prophecies.... Nawa o.

1 Like

Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by johnydon22(m): 10:49pm On Jul 04, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

I JUST HAVE TO AGREE WITH THIS POST.

WOMEN ARE WOMEN'S GREATEST ENEMIES.

And as a matter of objectivity, marriage is far more beneficial to women than it is to men. (This is statistically backed with peered reviewed information and studies)

And marriage is far more disadvantageous to men than it is to women.

The problem is: Men don't often complain about things, Women on the other hand often complain about everything

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by Raskasal(m): 10:51pm On Jul 04, 2018
pocohantas:
Definitely a Nigerian woman, married to a Nigerian man.

She answered the question logically though.

As for the one asking that question, she just wants to start a war. Doesn't she have parents? What are the best parts of her mother being married? Therein lies the answer to her question.

You just nailed it. You get sense die � � �
Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by SheikhMuniru(m): 10:51pm On Jul 04, 2018
ACTUALLY WOMEN ARE LIKE SLAVES SO MEN SHOULD TREAT THEM LIKE SLAVE Gaskiya
Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by IbnAbdullah1(m): 10:54pm On Jul 04, 2018
correctbae:
A married lady with kids took to Twitter, @ozzyetomi to advise ladies to stop getting married as the benefits in marriage can actually be gotten from your partner Unmarried.

She made the statement when an unmarried lady, @mochievous asked to know the benefits of getting married.

Tweets below:

I amguessing

@mochievous tweet:

As a young unmarried woman, I often wonder about the benefits of marriage for me. So far, my list is empty.
Married women, I’ll love to hear from you. What are the best parts of being married? Help.

@ozzyetomi tweet:

I dont particularly advocate for marriage simply because most things (listed) you can have with a partner but unmarried, maybe minus tax breaks (which doesnt apply in Nigeria same as most legal advantages of being married). Truth is advantages are few & far btw for women.
People choose to get married mainly for emotional and romantic reasons but the institution is generally not skewed in women’s favor. Personally i think all women should stop getting married but thats just me ��‍♀️

Source: https://correct.com.ng/women-should-stop-getting-married-most-benefits-you-will-get-in-marriage-can-be-gotten-unmarried-from-your-partner-married-lady-advice-single-ladies/

I am guesing she probably ate too much protein or she is simply delusional.
If marriage does not work for her and some other folks she knows does not generally apply to all ladies.
I am wondering why people can't keep their prejudices to themselves.

1 Like

Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by amethystnnty1: 10:54pm On Jul 04, 2018
johnydon22:

And as a matter of objectivity, marriage is far more beneficial to women that it is to me. (This is statistically backed with peered reviewed information and studies)

And marriage is far more disadvantageous to men than it is to women.

The problem is: Men don't often complain about things, Women on the other hand often complain about everything

Marriage was never about men. A cost benefit analysis would show on most cases that it is to the disadvantage of man.

2 Likes

Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by amethystnnty1: 10:57pm On Jul 04, 2018
SheikhMuniru:
ACTUALLY WOMEN ARE LIKE SLAVES SO MEN SHOULD TREAT THEM LIKE SLAVE Gaskiya

A critical look at marriage would show you that men are the real slaves in marriage.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by johnydon22(m): 10:57pm On Jul 04, 2018
amethystnnty1:

Marriage was never about men. A cost benefit analysis would show on most cases that it is to the disadvantage of man.

But guess who complains about it? grin

3 Likes

Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by Silumi(f): 10:58pm On Jul 04, 2018
Marriage..an institution created by God and likened to his relationship with the church Nahhh I don't believe it's without benefit except we have all missed something or we are not doing it right in this generation.

3 Likes

Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by Daeylar(f): 11:00pm On Jul 04, 2018
Nice topic.

It's quite pathetic though that some men when asked what a woman benefits from marriage immediately respond arrogantly with money,

After money what else? Nothing?

Definitely proving Ozzy's point that benefits are few and far between, but in this case, it's only one benefit. Which is money.

And if money is the only thing some men can point out as what women benefit from marriage, Then marriage definitely wouldn't interest ladies who do not see the fact that the man would give them money as reason enough to enter marriage.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by Ytea(f): 11:00pm On Jul 04, 2018
valentinos22:

it just make sense for me this way......she is trying to compare the density of her marital frustration/emptiness to others.....on this matter ehn, u are just a marital pariah
grin grin
Don't mind her, they'll be looking for backups all around. If that's her decision, then she should be strong and stand by it(alone)

1 Like

Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by Uglymugg: 11:04pm On Jul 04, 2018
Biglittlelois:
I think the society we are in especially Nigeria affects mind set alot, not every woman wants to GET married, not every woman wants to STAY married, some just wants to taste and leave, people do what society wants so that they wont be tagged different names, personally i'm indifferent about marriage, only advantage is to have a stable and safe fvck mate, have kids legally et al.
What are your criteria do you look out for when choosing a fvck mate? I mean physically.

1 Like

Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by gladisa7: 11:08pm On Jul 04, 2018
But u don marry your own..Allow them to experience it. Their own story might turn out different.

1 Like

Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by Silumi(f): 11:09pm On Jul 04, 2018
jaxxy:
Marrying the right person is the issue not marriage. 65% of people married the wrong people or with the wrong idea or philosophy of marriage.

Marriage us about understanding, understanding is about compromise bt many people can't do this as simple as it may be. It's either their way or the highway
Choosing a partner for wrong reasons,anger,willfullness,wrong idea about marriage that it settles your problems,the strong desire to dominate our partners this is our problem and marriage cannot and will not work this way..it's a holy institution that demands genuine humility,teacheable spirit,and agape love and a true knowledge of God's love to sustain.we are here shouting and arguing who benefits more lol marriage should be a win -win situation. "We"won not "I" won and "you" won lol.we think we can be married and still act and be single ironically

1 Like

Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by milemimi93(m): 11:09pm On Jul 04, 2018
Marriage generally not skewed in
women’s favor?

Oh that's a nice lie.

I can list more than 20 tins a woman stands to benefit in marriage but Apart from legit children I can't see what a man benefits from marriage..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by amethystnnty1: 11:10pm On Jul 04, 2018
johnydon22:

But guess who complains about it? grin

I am happy that the feminist agenda they all are pushing will lead to the exposure of what has always been true over the ages. Marriage has always been about men 'DOING' and woman just BEING.

No matter how high or successful they are (women) they will never marry a man that isn't above them and why is that? Because all they have ever looked for is someone to take care of them and their offspring ----A slave--

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by Silumi(f): 11:16pm On Jul 04, 2018
Marriage is supposed to be that which helps us achieve our purpose ,like a partner in the struggle,an environment u can be you and pull strength from when down,somonr that can. Take your matter up with God like his or her own.but our problem is that most of us want to be common we don't even know our purpose so truly speaking there is nothing the man or womancan help you with.you really don't have anything to work with in the first place apart from being a woman or a man Alryt what else ,what can you do,who do u want to be being a woman is common as well as being a man.find purpose that u may truly live

1 Like

Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by Funnyguy83: 11:19pm On Jul 04, 2018
Famousqueen:
she just said my mind, the only thing i want in life, is mental peace, happiness, and enjoy my life without anyone restricting me cool why get married when i will be subjected to pains, commitments, emotional trauma, e.t.c
make sure you don't get married.
Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by amethystnnty1: 11:20pm On Jul 04, 2018
milemimi93:
Marriage generally not skewed in
women’s favor?

Oh that's a nice lie.

I can list more than 20 tins a woman stands to benefit in marriage but Apart from pvssy and children I can't see what a man benefits from marriage..

Two benefits you point out
1. Pvssy
2. Progeny

That's what the man is supposed to labor all his life to provide for except that the Progeny is more it's mother than it is his father, even if the CHILD as we are to believe is both equally theirs why shouldn't the burden for provision rest on them equally?

As for the pvssy ; The more time you spend with a woman the less you wanna fvck her so getting married is the least route to take if you want good a life of satisfying pvssy

1 Like

Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by amethystnnty1: 11:25pm On Jul 04, 2018
Silumi:
Marriage is supposed to be that which helps us achieve our purpose ,like a partner in the struggle,an environment u can be you and pull strength from when down,somonr that can. Take your matter up with God like his or her own.but our problem is that most of us want to be common we don't even know our purpose so truly speaking there is nothing the man or womancan help you with.you really don't have anything to work with in the first place apart from being a woman or a man Alryt what else ,what can you do,who do u want to be being a woman is common as well as being a man.find purpose that u may truly live

What do you think is the purpose of life?
Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by Toks2008(m): 11:25pm On Jul 04, 2018
Lalas247 over to you...what is your take?

1 Like

Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by Silumi(f): 11:28pm On Jul 04, 2018
amethystnnty1:

What do you think is the purpose of life?
In a summarised summary-To serve God!
Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by jaxxy(m): 11:30pm On Jul 04, 2018
pocohantas:

I had to read her post again, I think the questionnaire listed some benefits. She replied she doesn't PARTICULARLY advocate for marriage based on the listed things[i.e its benefits transcends the listed]. We need to know what that lady listed for a start.

Looking at it logically, do you think if women [African/NIGERIAN women] were very independent, they would be jumping into marriage the way they do? I really do not think so. For a lot of them, it is a poverty alleviation programme. Even the men know this, one reason some want a woman they are richer than. If she doesn't submit to him, she must submit to his money or back to her father's mud house cheesy

It is actually funny she is married, going by her closing statement.

Her post is very self explanatory. African Marriages subjugates women which she doesn't subscribe to and i agree with her totally, funny enough. I see relationships/marriage are partnerships and yes the man may be the head bt still an equal to his wife.

My respect to my partner is not based on whether i hv more money or not, there are values beyond money. The problem with most marriages is money dictates the character of the people involved and it can be a complex game of submission or power. A game I personally don't care to play. This is why independent women stay away from marriage snd dependent ones rush into it. Marriage is based on the wrong values.

Take zuckerberg for instance does making him the 5th richest man mean his wife must worship at his feet? Nope.

In African, even early European marriages historically men are seen as the head even when the women do so much work(farming then/cleaning) and the men just protect and lead bt times have changed and civilization and modernization has come. Lots of men have adapted to this new concept. I believe in equality in marriage bt with mutual respect.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by khalids: 11:32pm On Jul 04, 2018
correctbae:
A married lady with kids took to Twitter, @ozzyetomi to advise ladies to stop getting married as the benefits in marriage can actually be gotten from your partner Unmarried.

She made the statement when an unmarried lady, @mochievous asked to know the benefits of getting married.

Tweets below:

@mochievous tweet:

As a young unmarried woman, I often wonder about the benefits of marriage for me. So far, my list is empty.
Married women, I’ll love to hear from you. What are the best parts of being married? Help.

@ozzyetomi tweet:

I dont particularly advocate for marriage simply because most things (listed) you can have with a partner but unmarried, maybe minus tax breaks (which doesnt apply in Nigeria same as most legal advantages of being married). Truth is advantages are few & far btw for women.
People choose to get married mainly for emotional and romantic reasons but the institution is generally not skewed in women’s favor. Personally i think all women should stop getting married but thats just me ��‍♀️

Source: https://correct.com.ng/women-should-stop-getting-married-most-benefits-you-will-get-in-marriage-can-be-gotten-unmarried-from-your-partner-married-lady-advice-single-ladies/

This shows that the devil has taken over......first any sex outside of marriage is SIN....

So one of the benefits is you have license to have Sinless sex

Any child out side of marriage is termed a bastard.......

Matthew 18:19 King James Version (KJV)
19 Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.

The last example might not be perfect, but it shows the importance of two, and marriage provides a strong avenue for such circumstances to be easily fulfilled

There are so many others but I stop my typing here...make una add una own
Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by amethystnnty1: 11:33pm On Jul 04, 2018
Daeylar:
Nice topic.

It's quite pathetic though that some men when asked what a woman benefits from marriage immediately respond with money.

After money what else? Nothing?

Definitely proving Ozzy's point that benefits are few and far between, but in this case, it's only one benefit. Which is money.

And if money is the only thing some men can point out as what women benefit from marriage, Then marriage definitely wouldn't interest ladies who do not see the fact that the man would give them money as reason enough to enter marriage.

If money (a man being the one providing the money) is the only benefit a woman gets from marriage then what do you think a man benefit from a marriage?

1 Like

Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by Aadeyinka(m): 11:37pm On Jul 04, 2018
delugajackson:
It is now official. Women are the most confused set of people on earth.
Marriage good to avoid formication/adultery, to bear children and for advice as partner"real Herat to heart talk,etc
Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by jaxxy(m): 11:39pm On Jul 04, 2018
Silumi:

Choosing a partner for wrong reasons,anger,willfullness,wrong idea about marriage that it settles your problems,the strong desire to dominate our partners this is our problem and marriage cannot and will not work this way..it's a holy institution that demands genuine humility,teacheable spirit,and agape love and a true knowledge of God's love to sustain.we are here shouting and arguing who benefits more lol marriage should be a win -win situation. "We"won not "I" won and "you" won lol.we think we can be married and still act and be single ironically

I agree with u bt sadly sm people use biblical teachings to subdue or rather manipulate their wives to conform to their ignoble wishes. I believe if u don't hv certain traits or behavior u shudnt venture into marriage and i also believe marriage isn't compulsory for everyone. Being single is ok aswell

1 Like

Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by qonso(m): 11:44pm On Jul 04, 2018
As for me I don't see any special things About marriage but am a Muslim I need to get married...
base on my school of taught....... 90% of girls are sex object while 10% are the loyal ones.....although I don't know what or how to nurture any love just love money ,designer and to be philanthropist
Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by Keneeby(m): 11:47pm On Jul 04, 2018
Silumi:
Marriage..an institution created by God and likened to his relationship with the church Nahhh I don't believe it's without benefit except we have all missed something or we are not doing it right in this generation.

Thank God you're not from Edo because Edo women can never say this. They want to be free so they can move to Italy and do.........
Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by amethystnnty1: 11:48pm On Jul 04, 2018
Silumi:

In a summarised summary-To serve angryGod!

By your definition a soul is yanked into existence just to be an eternal slave (I agree with you).

A machine programmed to reproduce and bring another soul to a constant life of external struggle.

Don't you think the moral thing to do is to deny our programming and refuse to bring in another soul to this eternal slavery?

I refuse to enlist a non existed soul for an eternal slavery why do I need a woman and have I serve my purpose in life.?

1 Like

Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by dasparrow: 11:49pm On Jul 04, 2018
Ozzy Etomi you will live long. You have spoken the truth. Nigerian married women in Nigeria only benefit sexually transmitted diseases from their philandering constantly cheating Nigerian husbands.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by BchristopherJ(m): 11:53pm On Jul 04, 2018
Famousqueen:
she just said my mind, the only thing i want in life, is mental peace, happiness, and enjoy my life without anyone restricting me cool why get married when i will be subjected to pains, commitments, emotional trauma, e.t.c

more like you've never caused anyone pain, you've never truncated your commitment to anyone, you've never victimise anyone just cuz of your own happiness. people with bossy behavior are usually toxic for any union. and not just marriage, it's every union.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Billionaire Declared "Dead" Found Living With Mistress In Moscow After 6 Years / Re: Thread For Girls That Don't Ave A Boy Friend / Man Who Got Crippled After Beating By His Senior In School Set To Wed (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.