Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,050 members, 7,821,616 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:44 PM

'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies (57858 Views)

Newlywed Bride Advises Single Women To Avoid Men (Video) / "Wear Your Shirt Back" - Lady Advises Lady Who Tries To Entice Guys / "Don't Lose Your Husband Because Of Boyfriend"- Nigerian Lady Advises (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jul 05, 2018
MariaLavina:
Sigh!

Lol at your conclusions of my thoughts, very ridiculous judgement from shallow understanding. To you, Being independent only relates with finance.Even when I went further to list some reasons why people get married (regular Bleep, attention, love etc) You ignored but focus on what bites you most. Very funny!!

Do people not ponder on random things happening around them? Do I live in a different world? Why do you think I meditating on marriage means that's the boiling agenda on my mind? You people amaze me.
[b]
I stand on my point Mister, the more emotionally, physically, psychologically, sexually and financially independent you become, t[/b]he lesser you see the need for marriage. Argue that and not what I want to get married for!
how possible is the bolded? Not possible. It's only natural to want to love and be loved... except the psychopaths we have around. We need someone at sometime in our lives. How we balance that is what matters most. Saying you can be totally independent is irrational to me.
Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jul 05, 2018
bukatyne:

The dependency mindset is a parasitic one?

What are you about?

Is a husband not supposed to provide?

Does a husband who depend on his wife for a clean and warm home also have dependency mindset?
I guess the man is supposed to provide money for sanitary pads every month too. There is no where I said a man should not provide for his home. My point is simply, women shouldn't get married because they are looking for a man to provide for their daily needs. That's a silly mindset to take into marriage. If one take such mindset into marriage, that person is seen as a liability. No one likes liabilities. Women should see their husbands that person who will take them to the next level in their life and not someone who will be providing daily food and needs!

1 Like

Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jul 05, 2018
bukatyne:

How many men are 'rich'?

How many are married? What is the ratio to women?

I don't think we live in the Nigeria.

And traditionally, the husband is to provide with the wife not working on some cases.

How is the wife in this instance supposed to be 'rich'?
when you say not working, how do you mean? 7 to 5 jobs... where did I mention rich? If you do not understand my post, why don't you ask for clarification. Being rich does not equal success. Many of our mothers were full housewives i.e the not working you are saying but some had farms or some little trade they did. Many mothers built houses and supported their husbands. Yes, times have changed, things aren't as easy it was... my point is even as a "house wife", the brain should not be defunct! .. do things!
Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by Nobody: 11:46pm On Jul 05, 2018
majekdom2:
how possible is the bolded? Not possible. It's only natural to want to love and be loved... except the psychopaths we have around. We need someone at sometime in our lives. How we balance that is what matters most. Saying you can be totally independent is irrational to me.
Wanting to be loved is a sign of neediness. When you are needy, you are not yet independent. How about you become "Love " ? The problem with our world today is that we take/ expect more than we give. How can we all want to be loved with no one wanting to be that Love? . We can not have what is not existing.

Balance is important, no doubt neither did I ever type total independence. Take note of that!
Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by lexy2014: 1:12am On Jul 06, 2018
Famousqueen:

yes, i know, it's whatever rocks my boat and who say i can't have kids if i want to
I didn't say u shouldn't rock ur boat or ur boat shouldn't rock u. Ozzy etomi didn't say u shouldn't have kids &neither am I saying same. D young lady said unmarried ladies shouldn't get married. That's y I said b4 u start dancing galala that what she said is music 2 ur ears, u should ask urself y she hasn't left her marriage if marriage is such a bad idea
Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by KanwuliaExtra: 1:52am On Jul 06, 2018
You don tok ya own. Others like me love the “marriage SAFITIKATE” o!
Even if na “goat” I dey marry, not my consine! cool
I don h-ansa “MRS”! kiss

Just to taste it, period.
The benefits are very FEW, the rest Na “state of mind”! kiss

If you are happy, you are happy. Marriage is not a key ingredient in achieving happiness! kiss

1 Like

Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by Silumi(f): 8:49am On Jul 06, 2018
amethystnnty1:

By your definition a soul is yanked into existence just to be an eternal slave (I agree with you).

A machine programmed to reproduce and bring another soul to a constant life of external struggle.

Don't you think the moral thing to do is to deny our programming and refuse to bring in another soul to this eternal slavery?

I refuse to enlist a non existed soul for an eternal slavery why do I need a woman and have I serve my purpose in life.?
I like the way you think to.life is a choice we actually are not programmed beings we have always had a freewill to decide what to do with our lives if that is the moral thing for you to do, then you have made a choice you see befitting for yourself.if we wer automatoms as u claim we wouldn't be having this conversation because you wouldn't even be able to think to have an opinion of your own.and hmm for the idea of eternal slavery..it's not the definition of my own existence so I really can't relate.
Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by Silumi(f): 8:53am On Jul 06, 2018
jaxxy:

I agree with u bt sadly sm people use biblical teachings to subdue or rather manipulate their wives to conform to their ignoble wishes. I believe if u don't hv certain traits or behavior u shudnt venture into marriage and i also believe marriage isn't compulsory for everyone. Being single is ok aswell
I totally agree with you sir.well spoken!
Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by BanMePls: 9:27am On Jul 06, 2018
Famousqueen:

do you think, i just woke up one morning and just make this decision, like you said "humans are the difficult people to deal with" do you know what i went through all because of relationship, do you know that i am gemophobia and philophobia at the same time because of my past and the only thing i want is to forget about relationship and live without commitment.

I understand this feeling. I was here until someone came to take my common sense. She is a Bundle of Joy. May true love finds you
Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by Biglittlelois(f): 1:27pm On Jul 06, 2018
Uglymugg:
sweet baby, you have not answered my question!!!

Which is
Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by amethystnnty1: 5:11pm On Jul 06, 2018
Silumi:

I like the way you think to.life is a choice we actually are not programmed beings we have always had a freewill to decide what to do with our lives if that is the moral thing for you to do, then you have made a choice you see befitting for yourself.if we wer automatoms as u claim we wouldn't be having this conversation because you wouldn't even be able to think to have an opinion of your own.and hmm for the idea of eternal slavery..it's not the definition of my own existence so I really can't relate.

Do you know that under the right laboratory condition it can be predicted to almost to a certainty what action the brain will tell you body to do every single time. So if it it's possible to determine the sentence you're about to alter seconds before you do what do we call free will

"There is also agreement in the scientific community that the firing of neurons determines not just some or most but all of our thoughts, hopes, memories, and dreams." --The Atlantic

FREE WILL is nothing but an illusion by our brain from the idea of self.
Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by Silumi(f): 12:52am On Jul 07, 2018
amethystnnty1:

Do you know that under the right laboratory condition it can be predicted to almost to a certainty what action the brain will tell you body to do every single time. So if it it's possible to determine the sentence you're about to alter seconds before you do what do we call free will

"There is also agreement in the scientific community that the firing of neurons determines not just some or most but all of our thoughts, hopes, memories, and dreams." --The Atlantic

FREE WILL is nothing but an illusion by our brain from the idea of self.

I have had courses on neuroscience and I must say that your interpretation of these facts may be a bit sqwed.That fact u quoted was borne from "learning and memory consolidation".

For our brains determining what our body does or telling what our body to do is true but its not something the brain was born with its something the brain learns with time "when you think for eg I want to carry a cup your cerebral cortex interprets it and sends information to your cerebellum to coordinate the movement of picking that cup because to information on how to pick that cup was stored by your cerebellum the first time you ever learnt that movement it's all a process called learning and memory consolidation.

The firing of neurons determining our thoughts in that quoted article does not necessary mean it tells us what to say *No* but it could stimulate the path in which our thoughts take
eg underfiring of some neurons could cause a person to think in the depression line and over activity also could cause anxious tots it's just the way the body works everything for a particular action but all this are learned they don't give birth to a person depressed or anxious your first experience of this emotions is what sets the pace for how the brain will behave in those situations.

in essence sir we create ourselves we see we learn the brain stores and produced the memory when needed.our brains are plain sheets everything in it today sir we put it there consciously and unconsciously by our actions. So we are masters of the brain we teach it in essence we program our own selves not solely.not any supreme being.

The fact that you can trigger some neurons to do some things in the adult brain is a pure case of what has been learnt and stored all his life.if this fact is how you present it babies would be born talking and capable of all emotions and not having the burden of having to Learn a language.or the would run out of the womb because they would be a programmed knowledge on how to run in fact they will feed them selves because they would be born with the know how.

Free will is true... of may things that are illusions in this life it is not one of them.if it was truly an illusion we won't have different religions because we would all be born with the knowledge that we are to serve the God that protected us.

Choice in religion today is a sign of free will,Good and bad people is also a sign ,the evil we leave with today all this are choices man has made by his own freewill.

If God was a power freak and took free will from us we would all be Christians we won't even know there is something wrong(you have two hands a person born with one is an abnormality y because two hands is the accepted normal)so serving God would have come natural and at so much ease but it's not so today because we struggle with flesh every day .

If we wer machine sir we won't be having this conversation because there would be no desire of any form to rebel against our maker it won't be part of our programme.You and I have free wills if not we would have been on the same page about God but u have your opinion and I have mine.choice an unaltered form of Free will at its best.

1 Like

Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by amethystnnty1: 5:20am On Jul 07, 2018
Silumi:

I have had courses on neuroscience and I must say that your interpretation of these facts may be a bit sqwed.That fact u quoted was borne from "learning and memory consolidation".

For our brains determining what our body does or telling what our body to do is true but its not something the brain was born with its something the brain learns with time "when you think for eg I want to carry a cup your cerebral cortex interprets it and sends information to your cerebellum to coordinate the movement of picking that cup because to information on how to pick that cup was stored by your cerebellum the first time you ever learnt that movement it's all a process called learning and memory consolidation.

The firing of neurons determining our thoughts in that quoted article does not necessary mean it tells us what to say *No* but it could stimulate the path in which our thoughts take
eg underfiring of some neurons could cause a person to think in the depression line and over activity also could cause anxious tots it's just the way the body works everything for a particular action but all this are learned they don't give birth to a person depressed or anxious your first experience of this emotions is what sets the pace for how the brain will behave in those situations.

in essence sir we create ourselves we see we learn the brain stores and produced the memory when needed.our brains are plain sheets everything in it today sir we put it there consciously and unconsciously by our actions. So we are masters of the brain we teach it in essence we program our own selves not solely.not any supreme being.

The fact that you can trigger some neurons to do some things in the adult brain is a pure case of what has been learnt and stored all his life.if this fact is how you present it babies would be born talking and capable of all emotions and not having the burden of having to Learn a language.or the would run out of the womb because they would be a programmed knowledge on how to run in fact they will feed them selves because they would be born with the know how.

Free will is true... of may things that are illusions in this life it is not one of them.if it was truly an illusion we won't have different religions because we would all be born with the knowledge that we are to serve the God that protected us.

Choice in religion today is a sign of free will,Good and bad people is also a sign ,the evil we leave with today all this are choices man has made by his own freewill.

If God was a power freak and took free will from us we would all be Christians we won't even know there is something wrong(you have two hands a person born with one is an abnormality y because two hands is the accepted normal)so serving God would have come natural and at so much ease but it's not so today because we struggle with flesh every day .

If we wer machine sir we won't be having this conversation because there would be no desire of any form to rebel against our maker it won't be part of our programme.You and I have free wills if not we would have been on the same page about God but u have your opinion and I have mine.choice an unaltered form of Free will at its best.

It is a human condition the inability to fully express the content of our reality (which I believe is subjective) so I take responsibility for writing so little that you weren't able to adequately interprete what I meant. I wish I had something that could transcribe as fast as my thought.

Silumi:

I did not infer that humans were programmed with knowledge that will inform every one of our actions at conception. I used "programming" for lack of a better word. In fact I am of the belief that who we are as an individual is constantly evolving and this depends on a lot of variables most of which are no choice of ours.

"They don't give birth to a person depressed or anxious" you say.

You do know that genes account for about 50% of the predisposition to suicide behaviour. Take as an example, Chinedu a morbidly obese boy by no fault or choice of his own was born into a family with a history of depression (yes, it is hereditary){GENES & DIET}. His parents weren't the worst parent but not a great one either. They provide for their son the basic need but like most Nigerian parent {CULTURE} they couldn't reach their son to know how truly he was feeling inside. As an introvert an extremely shy boy he was always the laughingstocks at school PIGGY he was called, he had no friend and was always being picked on by the school bullies{ENVIRONMENT}. One day he fell asleep while in class and he woke up to the laugh of the class to see that his trouser has been pulled, this was the trigger for him. When he got out of the school that day his mother wasn't there to pick him up because she was held up in traffic for about 30minutes because there was a protest by some university students over a hike in tuition price {ENVIRONMENT}. Chinedu jumped in front of a moving trailer and off himself a few minutes before his mother arrived. He was 17years old.

Simulate this for a double of Chinedu in another universe or even if possible on a computer program. Take into consideration over billions of years everything to the minuscule details from the big bang to the formation of the first cell to the evolution of every species to first man to everything that lead to his father and mother to the billions of sperms his sperm compete with to make it to the egg in his mother to everything that happened while he was in the womb of his mother, everything that determined his genetic makeup and his neural physiology (which is gonna determine his every next thought and intentions).

No one is born as a blank slate (science ; evolutionary biology and evolutionary psychology has shown that), if that were true identical twin raised under the same conditions would by definition be thesame in every way, but the fact is they'll differ in temperament even if they are same sex more so if they are different sexes, they'll differ in intelligence, cognitive ability and capabilities, talents and in a lot of ways (they might be similar in some or most ways too).

Now let's continue with the simulation, expose the clone of Chinedu to everything the original was expose to not changing any external factor to the tiniest fraction of a second.

If such an experiment could be done I believe a billion clone of Chinedu in a billion universe would still jump in front of the trailer at the exact time the original did every single time.

So ma'am that we are having this conversation is because of trillions and trillions of variables that wasn't set in motion by us. We are always gonna end up here having this conversation, every thing that has ever happened brought us here.

***Note that i haven't factor in the CHRISTIAN SOUL which according to the bible we are told is inherently evil.
Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by Silumi(f): 2:31pm On Jul 07, 2018
amethystnnty1:

It is a human condition the inability to fully express the content of our reality (which I believe is subjective) so I take responsibility for writing so little that you weren't able to adequately interprete what I meant. I wish I had something that could transcribe as fast as my thought.

I did not infer that humans were programmed with knowledge that will inform every one of our actions at conception. I used "programming" for lack of a better word. In fact I am of the belief that who we are as an individual is constantly evolving and this depends on a lot of variables most of which are no choice of ours.

"They don't give birth to a person depressed or anxious" you say.

You do know that genes account for about 50% of the predisposition to suicide behaviour. Take as an example, Chinedu a morbidly obese boy by no fault or choice of his own was born into a family with a history of depression (yes, it is hereditary){GENES & DIET}. His parents weren't the worst parent but not a great one either. They provide for their son the basic need but like most Nigerian parent {CULTURE} they couldn't reach their son to know how truly he was feeling inside. As an introvert an extremely shy boy he was always the laughingstocks at school PIGGY he was called, he had no friend and was always being picked on by the school bullies{ENVIRONMENT}. One day he fell asleep while in class and he woke up to the laugh of the class to see that his trouser has been pulled, this was the trigger for him. When he got out of the school that day his mother wasn't there to pick him up because she was held up in traffic for about 30minutes because there was a protest by some university students over a hike in tuition price {ENVIRONMENT}. Chinedu jumped in front of a moving trailer and off himself a few minutes before his mother arrived. He was 17years old.

Simulate this for a double of Chinedu in another universe or even if possible on a computer program. Take into consideration over billions of years everything to the minuscule details from the big bang to the formation of the first cell to the evolution of every species to first man to everything that lead to his father and mother to the billions of sperms his sperm compete with to make it to the egg in his mother to everything that happened while he was in the womb of his mother, everything that determined his genetic makeup and his neural physiology (which is gonna determine his every next thought and intentions).

No one is born as a blank slate (science ; evolutionary biology and evolutionary psychology has shown that), if that were true identical twin raised under the same conditions would by definition be thesame in every way, but the fact is they'll differ in temperament even if they are same sex more so if they are different sexes, they'll differ in intelligence, cognitive ability and capabilities, talents and in a lot of ways (they might be similar in some or most ways too).

Now let's continue with the simulation, expose the clone of Chinedu to everything the original was expose to not changing any external factor to the tiniest fraction of a second.

If such an experiment could be done I believe a billion clone of Chinedu in a billion universe would still jump in front of the trailer at the exact time the original did every single time.

So ma'am that we are having this conversation is because of trillions and trillions of variables that wasn't set in motion by us. We are always gonna end up here having this conversation, every thing that has ever happened brought us here.

***Note that i haven't factor in the CHRISTIAN SOUL which according to the bible we are told is inherently evil.

So chinedu has what we call an endogenous depression which is treatable if he had gotten help earlier it doesn't still stop it from being a misnormal.he was sick and needed help.
It's been actually nice discussing with you.your line of thought is new and different and it made me smile and wonder at most points lol I just can't keep going back and forth on this I may not totally agree with u but I respect your opinion on this issue it's one I believe did not come too easy.do have a nice day
Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by amethystnnty1: 8:45pm On Jul 07, 2018
Silumi:

So chinedu has what we call an endogenous depression which is treatable if he had gotten help earlier it doesn't still stop it from being a misnormal.he was sick and needed help.
It's been actually nice discussing with you.your line of thought is new and different and it made me smile and wonder at most points lol I just can't keep going back and forth on this I may not totally agree with u but I respect your opinion on this issue it's one I believe did not come too easy.do have a nice day

Have a pleasant one too!
Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jul 07, 2018
LivingFree:
This confusing! It's like me stuffing my face with cake while telling you it can lead to diabetes

Bitch_ we know, now pass me a slice, I will eat it moderately angry
Baaaabe. grin cheesy
Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by Uglymugg: 10:04am On Jul 08, 2018
Biglittlelois:

Which is

Biglittlelois:
I think the society we are in especially Nigeria affects mind set alot, not every woman wants to GET married, not every woman wants to STAY married, some just wants to taste and leave, people do what society wants so that they wont be tagged different names, personally i'm indifferent about marriage, only advantage is to have a stable and safe fvck mate, have kids legally et al.

Uglymugg:

What criterias do you look out for when choosing a fvck mate? I mean physically characteristics.
Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by Nobody: 8:10pm On Nov 17, 2018
Lawlahdey:
Baaaabe. grin cheesy
Wherever she disappeared to........issokay na embarassed
Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by antojack: 8:21am On Nov 18, 2018
pocohantas:

I had to read her post again, I think the questionnaire listed some benefits. She replied she doesn't PARTICULARLY advocate for marriage based on the listed things[i.e its benefits transcends the listed]. We need to know what that lady listed for a start.

Looking at it logically, do you think if women [African/NIGERIAN women] were very independent, they would be jumping into marriage the way they do? I really do not think so. For a lot of them, it is a poverty alleviation programme. Even the men know this, one reason some want a woman they are richer than. If she doesn't submit to him, she must submit to his money or back to her father's mud house cheesy

It is actually funny she is married, going by her closing statement.

Anty in dis wan u have it wrong, have a church member who z working with shell, take home per month 1.2m, Free company Hus, but she always complained of who to eat d money wit, as in husband
Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by pocohantas(f): 11:34am On Nov 18, 2018
antojack:

Anty in dis wan u have it wrong, have a church member who z working with shell, take home per month 1.2m, Free company Hus, but she always complained of who to eat d money wit, as in husband

Ok...
Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by elipheleh(m): 6:59am On Dec 23, 2018
Famousqueen:
she just said my mind, the only thing i want in life, is mental peace, happiness, and enjoy my life without anyone restricting me cool why get married when i will be subjected to pains, commitments, emotional trauma, e.t.c

Should I pray for you so you will never get married in this life? That way your wishes are guaranteed.
Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by LordsApostle: 7:33am On Dec 23, 2018
delugajackson:
Did she just say that marriage is of no benefit to Nigerian women? Entirely ironic!

A typical Nigerian woman enjoys 101 percent benefits in marriage. Go to some families, you will find out that the man is maggi, onion and pepper in the house. The man is paying the rent, the man is paying the children's fees and then still spends on her. Virtually everything is taken care of by the man while all she does is give birth to children by the minute. Worst case, she chats with her friends all day on Facebook and everyother social network. Whoever says Marriage doesn't favor women must be living in utopia and is ignorant of certain realities.
u killed it. 100 salutations for you

Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jan 14, 2019
delugajackson:
Did she just say that marriage is of no benefit to Nigerian women? Entirely ironic!

A typical Nigerian woman enjoys 101 percent benefits in marriage. Go to some families, you will find out that the man is maggi, onion and pepper in the house. The man is paying the rent, the man is paying the children's fees and then still spends on her. Virtually everything is taken care of by the man while all she does is give birth to children by the minute. Worst case, she chats with her friends all day on Facebook and everyother social network. Whoever says Marriage doesn't favor women must be living in utopia and is ignorant of certain realities.
In most part of Nigeria, d reverse is d case. D woman do everything while d man drinks and Impregnates her

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Billionaire Declared "Dead" Found Living With Mistress In Moscow After 6 Years / Re: Thread For Girls That Don't Ave A Boy Friend / Man Who Got Crippled After Beating By His Senior In School Set To Wed (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.