Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,988 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:53 PM

'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies (57864 Views)

Newlywed Bride Advises Single Women To Avoid Men (Video) / "Wear Your Shirt Back" - Lady Advises Lady Who Tries To Entice Guys / "Don't Lose Your Husband Because Of Boyfriend"- Nigerian Lady Advises (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by Papanwamaikpe: 6:42am On Jul 05, 2018
LivingFree:

The feeling isn't mutual so feel free to unfollow and stop quoting me and down.
unfollowed. meanwhile, I quote​ whoever I want no apologies! Understood?
Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by pocohantas(f): 6:50am On Jul 05, 2018
jaxxy:

Her post is very self explanatory. African Marriages subjugates women which she doesn't subscribe to and i agree with her totally, funny enough. I see relationships/marriage are partnerships and yes the man may be the head bt still an equal to his wife.

My respect to my partner is not based on whether i hv more money or not, there are values beyond money. The problem with most marriages is money dictates the character of the people involved and it can be a complex game of submission or power. A game I personally don't care to play. This is independent women stay away from marriage snd dependent ones rush into it. Marriage is based on the wrong values.

Take zuckerberg for instance does making him the 5th richest man mean his wife must worship at his feet? Nope.

In African, even early European marriages historically men are seen as the head even when the women do so much work(farming then/cleaning) and the men just protect and lead bt times have changed and civilization and modernization has come. Lots of men have adapted to this new concept. I believe in equality in marriage bt with mutual respect.

She is actually right on that, but telling ladies not to get married is kinda hypocritical coming from her...A MARRIED WOMAN. There are men who are progressives, who want a wife for all the right reasons, they are my desire. I can't come and kill myself.

I agree with your submission smiley.

So,what are you delivering SPECIALLY @ signature?
Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by cococandy(f): 6:56am On Jul 05, 2018
Since guys supposedly don’t want to get married either, shouldn’t they be happy that this woman is advocating for something they want instead of bashing her? Y’all are even more confused.

As for her stance, I agree that marriage in Nigeria has little to no benefit for women. That’s why instead of using actual facts to convince women on the reason why they should get married, our society uses age and slut shaming to force women into marriage. Many Nigerian women marry because they don’t want to mocked. Simple and short.

It’s only people who are out of touch with reality that still insist men are the financial backbones of most marriages. Big fat lie

2 Likes

Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by bukatyne(f): 7:00am On Jul 05, 2018
delugajackson:
Did she just say that marriage is of no benefit to Nigerian women? Entirely ironic!

A typical Nigerian woman enjoys 101 percent benefit in marriage. Go to some families you will find out that the man is maggi, onion and pepper in the house. The man is paying the rent, the man is paying the children's fees and then still spends on her. Virtually everything is taken care of by the man while all she does is give birth to children by the minute. Worst case, she chats with her friends all day on Facebook and everyother social network. Whoever says Marriage doesn't favor women must be living in utopia and is ignorant of certain realities.

In this same Nigeria or Africa Magic?

1 Like

Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by Oluwahfemi: 7:02am On Jul 05, 2018
WAEC Releases 2018 WASSCE Results…See How To Check Result here, click link @
http://www.gidiclass.com.ng/2018/07/04/waec-releases-2018-wassce-resultssee-how-to-check-result/
Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by BilliBaron: 7:19am On Jul 05, 2018
delugajackson:
Did she just say that marriage is of no benefit to Nigerian women? Entirely ironic!

A typical Nigerian woman enjoys 101 percent benefit in marriage. Go to some families you will find out that the man is maggi, onion and pepper in the house. The man is paying the rent, the man is paying the children's fees and then still spends on her. Virtually everything is taken care of by the man while all she does is give birth to children by the minute. Worst case, she chats with her friends all day on Facebook and everyother social network. Whoever says Marriage doesn't favor women must be living in utopia and is ignorant of certain realities.
let me add a little you didn't remember to add. Marriage also favor their (Woman) families. 'cause you as a man will still lookout to your wife family.
Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by asawanathegreat(m): 7:25am On Jul 05, 2018
She doesn't know what she wants.
Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by divinelove(m): 7:29am On Jul 05, 2018
Famousqueen:
she just said my mind, the only thing i want in life, is mental peace, happiness, and enjoy my life without anyone restricting me cool why get married when i will be subjected to pains, commitments, emotional trauma, e.t.c

No one cares u can stay unmarried forever grin after all husbands seem to be scarce lately
Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by Aboguede(m): 7:29am On Jul 05, 2018
Famousqueen:
she just said my mind, the only thing i want in life, is mental peace, happiness, and enjoy my life without anyone restricting me cool why get married when i will be subjected to pains, commitments, emotional trauma, e.t.c

All dis painted faces, person no go know una age wey make plus unfulfilled annoyance
Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by creepsyme(f): 7:35am On Jul 05, 2018
correctbae:
A married lady with kids took to Twitter, @ozzyetomi to advise ladies to stop getting married as the benefits in marriage can actually be gotten from your partner Unmarried.

She made the statement when an unmarried lady, @mochievous asked to know the benefits of getting married.

Tweets below:

@mochievous tweet:

As a young unmarried woman, I often wonder about the benefits of marriage for me. So far, my list is empty.
Married women, I’ll love to hear from you. What are the best parts of being married? Help.

@ozzyetomi tweet:

I dont particularly advocate for marriage simply because most things (listed) you can have with a partner but unmarried, maybe minus tax breaks (which doesnt apply in Nigeria same as most legal advantages of being married). Truth is advantages are few & far btw for women.
People choose to get married mainly for emotional and romantic reasons but the institution is generally not skewed in women’s favor. Personally i think all women should stop getting married but thats just me ��‍♀️

Source: https://correct.com.ng/women-should-stop-getting-married-most-benefits-you-will-get-in-marriage-can-be-gotten-unmarried-from-your-partner-married-lady-advice-single-ladies/
Why do married women talk badly about marriage yet still remain in their marriage? If something is really bad then step out of it, dat is
the only way to convince single Ladies marriage is bad.
Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by cutieme(m): 7:36am On Jul 05, 2018
Famousqueen:
Fall in real love and you wouldn't say all that.Say no to feminism.
Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by pocohantas(f): 7:37am On Jul 05, 2018
BilliBaron:
let me add a little you didn't remember to add. Marriage also favor their (Woman) families. 'cause you as a man will still lookout to your wife family.

LOL, you must think it is every family you can lookout for grin
Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by cutieme(m): 7:38am On Jul 05, 2018
Angy55:
Some Ladies

Okay, don't get married, work and earn all the money you can and be paying one young boy to be lashing you always. Pay any young guy to impregnate you and that settles it.
Don't mind them jare.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by Aboguede(m): 7:41am On Jul 05, 2018
IbnAbdullah1:

I am guesing she probably ate too much protein or she is simply delusional.
If marriage does not work for her and some other folks she knows does not generally apply to all ladies.
I am wondering why people can't keep their prejudices to themselves.

100%.

I remember my anty married to a surposed big boy many yrs ago but guy love showing off and so he wasted all his money.

After he also produced 5 children but my anty is working morning till night yr to yr to keep the children
Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by elmahmoud: 7:42am On Jul 05, 2018
delugajackson:

thank you jare
Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by thanknairaland1: 7:55am On Jul 05, 2018
it even gives men the opportunity of not being tied down by only one useless and hopeless woman.
Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by Navalsadiq(m): 7:57am On Jul 05, 2018
Marriage is compulsory for every woman
Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by SkyUrch(m): 7:58am On Jul 05, 2018
Madam go and hide your face.
You no get talk
Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by Eneetworld: 8:00am On Jul 05, 2018
Someone once said women are women's greatest enemies and this woman has just proved that so right.
Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by Neoteny(m): 8:07am On Jul 05, 2018
delugajackson:
It is now official. Women are the most confused set of people on earth.

Oh please!

They've always been.

Ever since one of them left her man to flirt with a serpent....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by Funibk: 8:11am On Jul 05, 2018
for ur cheap data subscription and bulk sms contact us via 08136130102/08132050207. Thanks
Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by bukatyne(f): 8:12am On Jul 05, 2018
The thread just shows that the average NLer and by extension Nigerian doesn't read to understand, they read to respond.

The woman clearly said that she was talking of advantages of marriage as an institution and not as a relationship.

It is obvious that she is not against 'men/relationship with men' that's why she responded to someone that she was talking about marriage and not relationship with a great guy.

While I disagree with her conclusion because of largerly religious reasons, she has great points.

I would like married women here to share with us if the marriage ceremony changed any flaw their husband had. Or if 'I do' changes a liar/cheat/insensitive brute to a saint.

It is common knowledge that the 'courtship' phase for most relationships is the sweetest part. Afterall, who campaigns after election according to NL?

Anybody who thinks marriage as an institution or ceremony make a man a loving husband should stroll round his/her neighborhood and hear stories.

@dayokanu

1 Like

Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by Lalas247(f): 8:14am On Jul 05, 2018
Toks2008:
Lalas247 over to you...what is your take?
Lol my lips are sealed ...
Morning handsome wink
Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by bukatyne(f): 8:16am On Jul 05, 2018
troubleseller:
Wait till you are 70 and you are looking for someone to help you bring garri from your kitchen in your one room apartment.

So this is one of things a husband does for a 70yr old woman?

1 Like

Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by Ytea(f): 8:16am On Jul 05, 2018
Lawkzy:
You better do the needful early enough before your nemesis catches up with you later.
As in? You mean?
Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by monex(m): 8:20am On Jul 05, 2018
Amarabae:
Well a woman should marry if she wants to marry,
But she should not marry just because of societal pressure.
Simple
exactly. same for a man.
Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by bukatyne(f): 8:20am On Jul 05, 2018
majekdom2:
and this is a reason Africa will remain the poorest continent because they fail to think out of the box in most cases. Being dependent on someone because he is richer does not mean one is out of poverty. Being poor is a state of the mind. Driving a car, living in a house, travelling round the world isn't success if one didn't work for it. There is nothing like working for what you have... this is success to me

How many men are 'rich'?

How many are married? What is the ratio to women?

I don't think we live in the Nigeria.

And traditionally, the husband is to provide with the wife not working on some cases.

How is the wife in this instance supposed to be 'rich'?

1 Like

Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by troubleseller: 8:32am On Jul 05, 2018
bukatyne:

So this is one of things a husband does for a 70yr old woman?

Don't be petty. There are many things a husband does for his wife. That was just a tongue in cheek comment. Get married and you'll be surprised what you want your husband to do for you.
Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by monex(m): 8:35am On Jul 05, 2018
life has always been about balance so we have a yearning for companionship to counter balance our inherent selfishness. It seems today that we have found more interesting ways to satisfy our need companionship, get our benefits and still allow the specie survive outside marriage.
Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by chimauk(m): 8:35am On Jul 05, 2018
mustylique:

poverty may be a state of mind but ur definition of success doesn't go down well with me.
so dangote and otedola's children are not successful Abi because they didn't work hard for it.
success comes easy for some folks, in fact some people were born successful, and I don't think dey should be made to feel bad about it because dey didn't work hard for it.
yea success comes easy for some people but being born with a silver spoon isn't success but an easy road to success..take davido for example.if he had been sitting at home cos his dad was rich,he wouldn't have gotten thus far.despite his dad's wealth,he hustled and broke his own grounds...like someone said money isn't a prerequisite for a successful marriage.look for someone that compliments your purpose..but if u love money then go for someone DAT is rich so u won't start giving a hustling and yet to be rich man problems in marriage.don't manage,go for what you want.DAT u want to marry a bigman isn't a bad thing if dats your purpose but open your eyes before u make a decision DAT u will regret all your life
Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by Famousqueen(f): 8:43am On Jul 05, 2018
BchristopherJ:

more like you've never caused anyone pain, you've never truncated your commitment to anyone, you've never victimise anyone just cuz of your own happiness. people with bossy behavior are usually toxic for any union. and not just marriage, it's every union.
nature has not been fair to me when it comes to relationship, always falling for the wrong or the same genotype which is As, so to me relationship sucks, and if relationship can be so annoying, then marriage will be worse

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Billionaire Declared "Dead" Found Living With Mistress In Moscow After 6 Years / Re: Thread For Girls That Don't Ave A Boy Friend / Man Who Got Crippled After Beating By His Senior In School Set To Wed (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.