Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,899 members, 7,824,773 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

She’s A Terrible Cook And Frowns Too Much - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / She’s A Terrible Cook And Frowns Too Much (38808 Views)

Why Is The Mod Promoting Lgbt On Nairaland And Frowns Only At Rape / Screenshot: My Experience In The Hands Of A Terrible Gold Digger / What To Do When You Visit An Uncle With A Terrible Cook Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: She’s A Terrible Cook And Frowns Too Much by Windflower(f): 12:57am On Jul 09, 2018
BestDude:
madam, she is not all that special. Stop making it seem there was any thing amazing about her neither will dating me add much value to my life... After all she just an ordinary human with flesh and blood. After one two kids, shakara Don end.

Rubbish
How do you expect her to say yes to someone that talks in this manner, bros park well abeg
If you can't decipher what I wrote there, swerve

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: She’s A Terrible Cook And Frowns Too Much by Nobody: 1:02am On Jul 09, 2018
Windflower:

She declined because you are not what she is looking for

Perhaps he thinks a lady will just accept his proposal. Even if a woman is desperate she'll still think carefully if you two are meant to be, if the love is real and not fake before she'll accept.

4 Likes

Re: She’s A Terrible Cook And Frowns Too Much by Nobody: 1:04am On Jul 09, 2018
Madlov3:
Hi! For the sake of anonymity, i decided to use this new account.

I met this girl last December, but we officially started dating in January, I love her and I think she loves me too.Everything is going so well and all things been equal, i may pop the question next year December.
The problem started when I told her to come spend last weekend with me and honestly I regretted that.

After going to pick her on friday evening, i told her there’s isn’t food at home and that i was thinking of cooking spaghetti.
Getting home, it occurred to me that i have never tasted her food so I decided to let her do the cooking.(NB:I cook! like am a very good cook) so after some minutes in the kitchen, she signaled me to come eat but damn!the food was a colossal disaster! It was so overcooked and tasteless. I was not happy that evening and I complained about it.
The next day was a Saturday! She prepared yam and veggies but that was another disaster, the yam was salty and the veggies were also so overcooked. They were no longer greenies but brown.

Another thing i also noticed about her is is throughout our 3 days together, she was always moody! I really don’t think it’s because of the food disaster because my complain lasted for just some minutes.Am still trying to figure out why someone will choose to be moody and sad for no tangible reason.
Last weekend with her was a depressing one for me and right now, am seriously rethinking popping the Question next year because i don’t want to be an unhappy married man.
I really don’t know what to do
Get married to her. That's really not an excuse.

Either you learn her how to cook or you do the cooking everyday. It's not written anywhere that a woman must be the one to do every day cooking for a man to be happy.
Re: She’s A Terrible Cook And Frowns Too Much by Windflower(f): 1:04am On Jul 09, 2018
cruchenutii:

Exactly, women don't know what they want & what she is looking for probably doesn't exist. It would take her time to realise, when she is 30+ Years.
Its not only women, even some men don't know what they want. The truth is we all set our standards so high that we are not willing to make compromise. Some get lucky and find what they are looking for, and some don't.
Its the irony of life.

4 Likes

Re: She’s A Terrible Cook And Frowns Too Much by PrimadonnaO(f): 1:06am On Jul 09, 2018
Tallesty1:
Dude sounds like a nagging perfectionist, the type that finds fault in everything. I just hope I'm wrong but if that is truly the case and the lady knows this then she may no be a bad cook. Nah the fear of falling his hand spoil the food.

I agree. Especially for the first time. Sometimes, we want to over impress or get too careful, but somehow, we end up making unnecesary mistakes.

2 Likes

Re: She’s A Terrible Cook And Frowns Too Much by Windflower(f): 1:07am On Jul 09, 2018
Hanseel1:

Perhaps he thinks a lady will just accept his proposal. Even if a woman is desperate she'll still think carefully if you two are meant to be, if the love is real and not fake before she'll accept.
Exactly, even in her point of desperation, she is still thinking clearly and doesn't want to settle for less.
I will say it again she knows what she is looking for and its definitely not that guy

3 Likes

Re: She’s A Terrible Cook And Frowns Too Much by Nobody: 1:14am On Jul 09, 2018
Windflower:

Its not only women, even some men don't know what they want. The truth is we all set our standards so high that we are not willing to make compromise. Some get lucky and find what they are looking for, and some don't.
Its the irony of life.

I get. But on the scale of 1 to 10. Women who don't know want is 8.5/10 which is more than average. A lot of times Women don't/never get what they are looking for.
Re: She’s A Terrible Cook And Frowns Too Much by Nobody: 1:18am On Jul 09, 2018
Windflower:

Exactly, even in her point of desperation, she is still thinking clearly and doesn't want to settle for less.
I will say it again she knows what she is looking for and its definitely not that guy

And I can equally bet a Million Naira on it that she does not. If you wish to know how this story will end. You can find out Months or Years who she eventually dates. Perception is reality for Women. How they see you is what they will believe. His presentation was probably bad, so its not about the contents really, Its about the packaging as far as Women are concerned.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: She’s A Terrible Cook And Frowns Too Much by Dollabiz: 1:19am On Jul 09, 2018
hmm
Re: She’s A Terrible Cook And Frowns Too Much by Windflower(f): 1:30am On Jul 09, 2018
cruchenutii:

And I can equally bet a Million Naira on it that she does not. If you wish to know how this story will end. You can find out Months or Years who she eventually dates. Perception is reality for Women. How they see you is what they will believe. His presentation was probably bad, so its not about the contents really, Its about the packaging as far as Women are concerned.
Lol, biko just gimme the million naira.
On a serious note, every lady has painted the picture of her ideal man in their minds, which is not realistic.
No one is 100% perfect, but in this case he described the lady as kinda desperate and he offered himself as the solution. If you have seen this dstv advert of the full package, then you would understand. If this guy was a full package to her she wouldn't mind his presentation. She would hurriedly grab her copy before someone else will.
Re: She’s A Terrible Cook And Frowns Too Much by Nobody: 1:33am On Jul 09, 2018
Windflower:

Every woman knows that not everywhere she fits in is where she belong.
Rushing into things that need time to grow never ends well.

1 Like

Re: She’s A Terrible Cook And Frowns Too Much by Nobody: 1:34am On Jul 09, 2018
An advice..

Re: She’s A Terrible Cook And Frowns Too Much by Saintmary(f): 1:49am On Jul 09, 2018
BestDude:
Na so una dey talk. when a guy comes now, same you will friendzone him. I heard same from a lady who even complained of being treated like trash by guys and the next thing I asked her out cos i really liked her and was willing to treat her like she deserve. madam, she declined.

That is why it annoys me when girls complain.
Just the same way it's annoying to hear a well established man nearing 40 complain about not finding a suitable partner when he doesn't want a serious relationship, how will you get married if you don't start a relationship first?

4 Likes

Re: She’s A Terrible Cook And Frowns Too Much by Saintmary(f): 1:56am On Jul 09, 2018
milemimi93:

Sir we due respect, 90% of Nigerian ladies can't cook..

A good cook shouldn't be given time or second chance. At first chance, a good cook should hit it.

Op said this girl cooked twice and failed at both.

It's obvious she can't cook.

wee you keep kwayet. What kind of statistics is that?
Re: She’s A Terrible Cook And Frowns Too Much by Blessedpikin(m): 2:25am On Jul 09, 2018
Indomie ladies need to start working on their cooking skills. What op posted is true o. That was how I met two ladies the first one was from the South and she's got those fine bodily structures and pretty too. We started dating close to 2 months and I invited her over for a weekend. She was to make egg sauce and other stuff. Jeez! Everything came out so bad. Even my female friends that were around at the time just had to manage the food like that o cos they didn't want to embarrass her by not eating. Ok i over looked that cos I thought anyone could make mistake. But alas, subsequent cookings were nothing but disasters. Oga I just plus 1 and 2 together follow my legs talk o ignore stupid love.

Ok, the other lady was from the west I met her through a female friend while I was serving. Me and the female friend were so close that we cooked together throughout our service year. Her friend only comes to spend some time with her from another state. Long story short I started dating her friend, all the while her friend had been coming she has not been cooking. So there was a weekend we were all at our lodge with a male friend that came visiting so I asked her purposely to cook spag for us to eat as I was going to use that opportunity to eat her food. O boy I never knew it was going to be a bad one. The food was so bad that there was heavy tomato paste and oil in the food. Made the food tasteless that I had to swallow 2 spoons and just retire o. As if that was not enough subsequent cookings just turned out so bad. I never knew her friend was aware of her bad cooking skills and she couldn't tell me. It was until I told her secretly that I don't think me and your friend can go far cos she's so bad at cooking.that was when she opened up that she's talked to her about her improving her cooking skill. The next thing I heard from her mouth was David if you love her you can always teach her then with time she will improve. I had to tell her point blank it's not gonna work. I never sabi cook finish na me wan teach person.

Several thoughts were just running through my mind. Can't imagine my friends coming over for a weekend or even my family members and I will be so scared and praying her food comes out fine when she cooks? Rara o!. Perhaps after a stressful day at work heading home in the evening with heavy traffic and hunger. With the hope of dealing with the prepared delicacy and turns out to be bad food? Jesu! I will just commit suicide.

In conclusion, ladies need to start giving serious attention to their cooking skills. Sex is not enough to sustain a relationship. Some guys may not care, but I tell you there are many guyz who need good food from their woman.
Re: She’s A Terrible Cook And Frowns Too Much by Nobody: 2:37am On Jul 09, 2018
Windflower:

Lol, biko just gimme the million naira.
On a serious note, every lady has painted the picture of her ideal man in their minds, which is not realistic.
No one is 100% perfect, but in this case he described the lady as kinda desperate and he offered himself as the solution. If you have seen this dstv advert of the full package, then you would understand. If this guy was a full package to her she wouldn't mind his presentation. She would hurriedly grab her copy before someone else will.

Lol, the 1M is a bet. You haven't won it yet. But my point is you cannot even know If someone is a full package without getting to know them. Except you want to Judge full package by appearance which still boils down to your presentation. Also, If your definition of full package is a man who is good looking & well built, then Yes. she would have hurriedly grab him. But women then seem to forget that a Guy who is good looking knows he is & would probably have lots of ladies at his beck & call, she would always be a sick chic & treated like trash.

But as you've said before, Some get lucky and find what they are looking for, and some don't.
Its the irony of life.
Re: She’s A Terrible Cook And Frowns Too Much by Bamz(m): 2:39am On Jul 09, 2018
Lordlestat:
Why do people keep bringing their personal problems here?

@OP there's a reason why it's called "PERSíONAL problem" PERSONAL being the point of reference, this means it's your own problem and not to be shared with strangers on a faceless forum !

Maybe I'm old school, but this is how I want to treat my personal issues: confront them head on with the person in question, no assumptions, no pretence, just heart to heart genuine conversations. It just feels weird discussing my would be spouse on the web.

I thought the Internet was meant to make us all wiser, and truly connected.
Re: She’s A Terrible Cook And Frowns Too Much by BestDude: 2:49am On Jul 09, 2018
Windflower:

How do you expect her to say yes to someone that talks in this manner, bros park well abeg
If you can't decipher what I wrote there, swerve
whatever rocks her boat and yours too. They be acting as if they have something to add to a man's life apart from what he had made out of life for himself.
Re: She’s A Terrible Cook And Frowns Too Much by kalu61(m): 3:06am On Jul 09, 2018
Tallesty1:
Are you really sure she's a bad cook?
Hahaha, you funny sha
Re: She’s A Terrible Cook And Frowns Too Much by kalu61(m): 3:10am On Jul 09, 2018
Dammiesugar:
This life is funny! me that I can cook any kind of delicacy, never a dull moment with me, working with side hustle sef, no man to say I want meet your family�� Anyway uncle open your mind to her and if she’s not willing to change then let her go.
Your own will come

1 Like

Re: She’s A Terrible Cook And Frowns Too Much by Worksunlimited: 3:39am On Jul 09, 2018
Dammiesugar:
This life is funny! me that I can cook any kind of delicacy, never a dull moment with me, working with side hustle sef, no man to say I want meet your family�� Anyway uncle open your mind to her and if she’s not willing to change then let her go.

Maybe, just maybe, you are too pickie...

If you don't mind me asking, what exactly are you looking for in a man?
Re: She’s A Terrible Cook And Frowns Too Much by Boss13: 3:45am On Jul 09, 2018
Dammiesugar:

See advertisement. Oya single guys over to you
Re: She’s A Terrible Cook And Frowns Too Much by Tedassie(m): 3:46am On Jul 09, 2018
highpriestess:

lool,so true!!

reason I don't cook in any guy's house atall.
Lack of confidence aint attractive!
Re: She’s A Terrible Cook And Frowns Too Much by Boss13: 3:49am On Jul 09, 2018
Lonestar124:
You shouldn't have pass your unlikeness to her food verbally...there is many ways to do that..apologize to her..it is one of her imperfections which i know many men can cope easily.

Oh please she is a bad cook. The boyfriend has offered to enrol her in a cook school which would be good for her. She may use the skills to earn more money apart from saving her relationship. Her ego might have been bruised but if she wants the relationship she better up her cooking skills.
Re: She’s A Terrible Cook And Frowns Too Much by Pat081: 3:53am On Jul 09, 2018
nwanneni:
She is a bad cook.no woman makes cooking mistakes in a row despite the fact that you complained.
She is always Moody?when we go out to our various hustles,we just yearn to go back to our women's warm arms to regain sanity.
do you want to be that man that can't go back home after work so as not to be bored to death?
If no,drop her asap
u re right jo
Re: She’s A Terrible Cook And Frowns Too Much by Pat081: 3:56am On Jul 09, 2018
Op u better find something to do with her or ask her who use to do d cooking in her house??
Re: She’s A Terrible Cook And Frowns Too Much by Tedassie(m): 3:57am On Jul 09, 2018
puccyforker:
let me be your mangina kiss
Re: She’s A Terrible Cook And Frowns Too Much by tiwiex(m): 3:58am On Jul 09, 2018
Dammiesugar:
It's a matter of time.

1 Like

Re: She’s A Terrible Cook And Frowns Too Much by azimibraun: 4:00am On Jul 09, 2018
Noise4maker:
Never boost that you are successful until u get married.
Very strong talk. Word! Classic.
Re: She’s A Terrible Cook And Frowns Too Much by Afrocentric: 4:02am On Jul 09, 2018
Dammiesugar:
you are beautiful

1 Like

Re: She’s A Terrible Cook And Frowns Too Much by Afrocentric: 4:07am On Jul 09, 2018
Deckline:
Ehyaa.. embarassed I sure say that woman na from Benin embarassed . Edo people are terrible.
you lack sense
Re: She’s A Terrible Cook And Frowns Too Much by magicminister: 4:13am On Jul 09, 2018
[b]
Madlov3:
Hi! For the sake of anonymity, i decided to use this new account.

I met this girl last December, but we officially started dating in January, I love her and I think she loves me too.Everything is going so well and all things been equal, i may pop the question next year December.
The problem started when I told her to come spend last weekend with me and honestly I regretted that.

After going to pick her on friday evening, i told her there’s isn’t food at home and that i was thinking of cooking spaghetti.
Getting home, it occurred to me that i have never tasted her food so I decided to let her do the cooking.(NB:I cook! like am a very good cook) so after some minutes in the kitchen, she signaled me to come eat but damn!the food was a colossal disaster! It was so overcooked and tasteless. I was not happy that evening and I complained about it.
The next day was a Saturday! She prepared yam and veggies but that was another disaster, the yam was salty and the veggies were also so overcooked. They were no longer greenies but brown.

Another thing i also noticed about her is is throughout our 3 days together, she was always moody! I really don’t think it’s because of the food disaster because my complain lasted for just some minutes.Am still trying to figure out why someone will choose to be moody and sad for no tangible reason.
Last weekend with her was a depressing one for me and right now, am seriously rethinking popping the Question next year because i don’t want to be an unhappy married man.
I really don’t know what to do

Cooking can be learned.
From your write up, i feel you are overtly entitled and ungrateful.
Did you even consider that food came out badly because she hasn't learned how to use your cooker? the fact that both meals were overcooked tells me that she probably doesn't know how to properly set your cooker temperature. That has happened to me numerously when i cook at other people's house.

1- She came to your place to spend the weekend
2- Even though she made food for u, i never read where u showed gratitude regardless of how bad the food was but i read the part u complained.
3- Did you even bother to find out why she was moody?
4- You genuinely feel like you will be doing her a huge favour when you eventually propose but you intend to not do that "favour" because of a bad weekend.

I am inclined to conclude that you're a man-child, not really ready to settle down cos if you find someone that loves, respects and understands you, every other thing is secondary

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How A UK-Based Man Proposed To His Makeup Artist Girlfriend In Lagos (Photos) / Is It Approriate To Ask?: How Many Women/men Have You Slept With Before We Met? / A Solution Against Girls Playing ''hard To Get''

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.