Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,123 members, 7,821,847 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:04 PM

44-Year-Old Woman Dies With Her Twins After Refusing To Give Birth Through CS - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 44-Year-Old Woman Dies With Her Twins After Refusing To Give Birth Through CS (53375 Views)

Coronavirus: Aniekeme Uwah Sacked For Refusing To Manipulate Test Figures / MAPOLY Student Dies During Childbirth, As Her Twins Survive (photo) / James & John Ugwuoke: Conjoined Twins After Surgery Involving 22 Indian Doctors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 44-Year-Old Woman Dies With Her Twins After Refusing To Give Birth Through CS by Jaqenhghar: 9:18pm On Jul 10, 2018
1Sharon:

You can't really blame them. They learn in poor facilities
Their ogas who should know better and demand an overhaul are the ones eating up and growing fat. The rest of them all they do is pose with their outdated 3rd world shithole knowledge. That's why when they go abroad to practice many of them are shocked cos it's not business as usual where U murder patients and still form oga

1 Like

Re: 44-Year-Old Woman Dies With Her Twins After Refusing To Give Birth Through CS by Butterflyleo: 9:19pm On Jul 10, 2018
sisisioge:

Biko don't even think of drawing me into that debate... Wrong no!

Cheers.

What debate? You are clearly tripping on some self derived mental vibe and throwing up assumptions as if they were facts when the one with facts never at any point in her story say anything remotely close to your assumptions which you wish to pass around.

If the OP did, show me where and that would explain where your "almost sure" came from.
Re: 44-Year-Old Woman Dies With Her Twins After Refusing To Give Birth Through CS by emmanok24(m): 9:19pm On Jul 10, 2018
Reminds me of the day one dumb prayer leader was leading prayers in Church and was saying "May our women not give birth via CS".

I felt bad for his gullibility!

After my wife gave birth, this same person asked me if it was via CS. I almost slapped him!

My 2 lovely kids were delivered through CS cos wifey has fibroid and I'm glad we discovered the fibroid before conceiving or else my story would have been different.

2 Likes

Re: 44-Year-Old Woman Dies With Her Twins After Refusing To Give Birth Through CS by NinaJoy(f): 9:20pm On Jul 10, 2018
Dis is just so sad,,and some village people will come now and tell the man I told u so,u should have taken another wife, cry
Re: 44-Year-Old Woman Dies With Her Twins After Refusing To Give Birth Through CS by realmindz: 9:21pm On Jul 10, 2018
Butterflyleo:

You must be beyond daft. I asked you oh dummy WHERE IN THE ENTIRE STORY DID READ ANYTHING ABOUT RELIGION OR FAITH?

She wanted a natural birth perhaps based on sentiment and you quickly linked it to faith. Aint you the deceptive one.

The bible teaches faith with works and does not stand against medical assistance or surgery. If you wish to talk about JW doctrine then look for a JW to discuss that with because I am not one.

Faith does heal for those who can carry such heights of faith. But for those who can't the Bible said "Let it be done to you ACCORDING TO YOUR FAITH".

My faith can take.me through what another's faith may not be able to take them through. Its all an individual approach and should never be forced as a one size fits all garment.

Your deception stinks and please do not mention me again.

Let me ask you a simple question then answer honestly.

Do you want to deny the FACT that this is not uncommon in Nigeria where people reject medical procedures because of faith? Are you new to this?

Minus jw, are you new to the fact that pastors speak that none of their members will go through CS?

1 Like

Re: 44-Year-Old Woman Dies With Her Twins After Refusing To Give Birth Through CS by dominique(f): 9:27pm On Jul 10, 2018
Butterflyleo:

I could also infer you lied when you said "daddy" was husband and not pastor. The quotes you used speak otherwise. You and I know you did not mean husband.

I don't mince words, if I had implied pastor, I won't deny it.

1 Like

Re: 44-Year-Old Woman Dies With Her Twins After Refusing To Give Birth Through CS by sisisioge: 9:29pm On Jul 10, 2018
Butterflyleo:

What debate? You are clearly tripping on some self derived mental vibe and throwing up assumptions as if they were facts when the one with facts never at any point in her story say anything remotely close to your assumptions which you wish to pass around.

If the OP did, show me where and that would explain where your "almost sure" came from.

Lol! You've got plenty of time in your hands man! Let's not forget everyone has got a right to his or her opinion... Again, I'm almost sure that woman wasted her life and that of her unborn children because one moraforraker convinced her to be a Hebrew woman! Now that's my opinion wink
Re: 44-Year-Old Woman Dies With Her Twins After Refusing To Give Birth Through CS by udemzyudex(m): 9:33pm On Jul 10, 2018
The twins will never forgive her.
Re: 44-Year-Old Woman Dies With Her Twins After Refusing To Give Birth Through CS by DECENCY3: 9:34pm On Jul 10, 2018
Team I SHALL DELIVER LIKE THE HEBREW WOMEN.

Religion sometimes is doing more harm than good to this country.

1 Like

Re: 44-Year-Old Woman Dies With Her Twins After Refusing To Give Birth Through CS by udemzyudex(m): 9:34pm On Jul 10, 2018
Naijawebmaster:
So sad! R.I.P, Ma.

I won't be surprised if I hear that her reasons for not giving birth through CS is because of her religious beliefs. undecided lipsrsealed

Need a reliable and professional website design? Then check my signature No advance payment required.

My thought as well, probably a jehova witness.
Re: 44-Year-Old Woman Dies With Her Twins After Refusing To Give Birth Through CS by bellville: 9:34pm On Jul 10, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Leave them to keep blaming religion when medical ethics are clear enough to follow.

A good doctor who knows the best option is a CS should be able to override whatever decision the patient has taken after all they have the "save a life first" oath aka hippocrates oath
the reality in most cases is that those women dont go back to their doctors. Once they are told it's going to be a cs delivery, they dont go back to their doctors. Instead they go to traditional birth attendants, religious maternity homes etc
Re: 44-Year-Old Woman Dies With Her Twins After Refusing To Give Birth Through CS by rayobaba(m): 9:37pm On Jul 10, 2018
Naijawebmaster:
So sad! R.I.P, Ma.

I won't be surprised if I hear that her reasons for not giving birth through CS is because of her religious beliefs. undecided lipsrsealed

Need a reliable and professional website design? Then check my signature No advance payment required.
exactly my thought
Re: 44-Year-Old Woman Dies With Her Twins After Refusing To Give Birth Through CS by Sterope(f): 9:38pm On Jul 10, 2018
Death by sucide.

1 Like

Re: 44-Year-Old Woman Dies With Her Twins After Refusing To Give Birth Through CS by Desyree: 9:38pm On Jul 10, 2018
Sir, witnesses refusing blood is no way related to this. They have a biblical reason for doing so. Besides modern medicine does surgery without transfusion. Have u heard of alternative to blood? Witnesses adopt that approach. eg. Haemaccel is a blood expander that helps build up your blood after surgery. It is safer than blood transfusion. The Woman in question may have a religious reason for refusing cs but that does not make it a biblical reason.
JORDAN202:

STUPID WOMAN ....

THIS IS HOW EVEN THE JEHOVAH WITNESSES REFUSED BLOOD TRANSFUSION AND PREFER TO DIE.

THIS OLD CARGO HAS JUST BROUGHT PAIN TO HER PATIENT HUSBAND AND HER OWN FAMILY.

MAY THUNDER CONTINUE TO FIRE HER FOR THE PAINS SHE HAS NOW CREATED BY REFUSING TO OBEY HER DOCTOR ...!

1 Like

Re: 44-Year-Old Woman Dies With Her Twins After Refusing To Give Birth Through CS by Dazzle86(f): 9:39pm On Jul 10, 2018
Hebrew women syndrome
Re: 44-Year-Old Woman Dies With Her Twins After Refusing To Give Birth Through CS by Dazzle86(f): 9:40pm On Jul 10, 2018
Desyree:
Sir, witnesses refusing blood is no way related to this. They have a biblical reason for doing so. Besides modern medicine does surgery without transfusion. Have u heard of alternative to blood? Witnesses adopt that approach. eg. Haemaccel is a blood expander that helps build up your blood after surgery. It is safer than blood transfusion. The Woman in question may have a religious reason for refusing cs but that does not make it a biblical reason.

I have had surgery twice without transfusion. I used to think it wasn't possible.

2 Likes

Re: 44-Year-Old Woman Dies With Her Twins After Refusing To Give Birth Through CS by rayobaba(m): 9:41pm On Jul 10, 2018
Jenomtwist:
Liife drama.may God see d husband through.19yrs gone 4 notin
but d husband might be aware of d doctors advice. Maybe he was against the CS. Based on 19 yes waiting, l believe he will be so concerned as to get update of the situation even if he's out of town and shd be able to order the wife to do CS. But who knows!
Re: 44-Year-Old Woman Dies With Her Twins After Refusing To Give Birth Through CS by Butterflyleo: 9:41pm On Jul 10, 2018
sisisioge:

Lol! You've got plenty of time in your hands man! Let's not forget everyone has got a right to his or her opinion... Again, I'm almost sure that woman wasted her life and that of her unborn children because one moraforraker convinced her to be a Hebrew woman! Now that's my opinion wink

Yep it is and opinions they say are like assholes, everyone has one. Go figure!

However, an opinion is rendered sensible when it can be linked to something but when it just pops up from nowhere with no link to anything then its simply like stupidity.

Always know when to differentiate both and become better.
Re: 44-Year-Old Woman Dies With Her Twins After Refusing To Give Birth Through CS by sisisioge: 9:48pm On Jul 10, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Yep it is and opinions they say are like assholes, everyone has one. Go figure!

However, an opinion is rendered sensible when it can be linked to something but when it just pops up from nowhere with no link to anything then its simply like stupidity.

Always know when to differentiate both and become better.

And who gave you the task of grading opinions? There's something terribly wrong with people who like quarrel pass fight tongue good night pls...biko I insist!

2 Likes

Re: 44-Year-Old Woman Dies With Her Twins After Refusing To Give Birth Through CS by oneclickng: 9:51pm On Jul 10, 2018
I too know!
Re: 44-Year-Old Woman Dies With Her Twins After Refusing To Give Birth Through CS by movetoca: 9:54pm On Jul 10, 2018
dominique:
I'm just short of words! How long will this nonsense continue? CS is not a curse, it is not I'll luck, it is not a stigma. So many women and babies have died needlessly because they were avoiding CS, because "daddy" said they must deliver like the Hebrew women. This nonsense has to stop.
So many persons died avoidable deaths because of their religious beliefs. This nonsense should really stop my dear.
Re: 44-Year-Old Woman Dies With Her Twins After Refusing To Give Birth Through CS by Sadiyaene(f): 9:55pm On Jul 10, 2018
ojimbo:
Arrest all these men of dog and lock them up

Tanker fall on u there angry angry anofia lipsrsealed don't quote me plz,I have headache tnx undecided undecided
Re: 44-Year-Old Woman Dies With Her Twins After Refusing To Give Birth Through CS by ojimbo(m): 10:08pm On Jul 10, 2018
Butterflyleo:

The picture you put up when you said "men of dog" meant what then?
means they are men of dog
Re: 44-Year-Old Woman Dies With Her Twins After Refusing To Give Birth Through CS by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jul 10, 2018
KoiceReloaded:
That woman deserves a special place in hell. That's a murder-suicide. They should have heavily sedated her against her will, do an emergency caesarean on her, and save the poor babies.
And the same people would have turned around and sued the medical team or hospital for carrying out the CS without their consent. They wouldn't have foreseen the death without CS, you know.
What I do when I have patients like that is to sit down and counsel the patient and relatives properly about the reason for the CS while telling them the possible outcomes if she decides to deliver by her self. However, if they still refuse, I give them something to sign attesting to the fact that they were the ones that refused. I'm sure the medical team must have done that but she still refused.
So sorrowful!
Re: 44-Year-Old Woman Dies With Her Twins After Refusing To Give Birth Through CS by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jul 10, 2018
bigocean:
no naa, this could have been anybody. Whatever conviction she had for refusing the CS, was strong on her.
Doesn't change the fact that she was stupid.
Re: 44-Year-Old Woman Dies With Her Twins After Refusing To Give Birth Through CS by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jul 10, 2018
Hotzone:
Illiteracy is the inability to use ur brain.
A woman was hit by stray bullet and was rushed to fmc so Doctor demanded for blood but the husband refused any transfusion but bros, I suddenly lifted the man away as doctor directed and he did the surgery after transfusion and the woman survived.
Still waiting for my award as life saver!
That doctor never see court case

1 Like

Re: 44-Year-Old Woman Dies With Her Twins After Refusing To Give Birth Through CS by rabzy: 10:29pm On Jul 10, 2018
udemzyudex:

My thought as well, probably a jehova witness.

No she is not, JWs do CS and take all medicine except blood. The Bible said the life is in the blood and it is something sacred to God and should not be eaten. JWs don't eat blood sausages or trapped animals and don't take blood transfusions for the same reasons. But they don't wait around to die believing that the blood will come by miracle, rather they have championed bloodless surgery and alternatives to blood transfusions. And they gone to great lengths to educate doctors and hospitals all over the world about these options and many leading scholars, professors and top hospitals are already going the way of bloodless surgery or reducing the amount of transfusions to do to the barest minimum.
Re: 44-Year-Old Woman Dies With Her Twins After Refusing To Give Birth Through CS by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jul 10, 2018
Butterflyleo:

And where did you read where anybody said "daddy said they must deliver like Hebrew women"?

What if her reason for refusing was hinged on fear? There are lots of women who fear anything operation no matter how minor it might be and to imagine such women being told that they would have their lower abdomen slit open.

Stop jumping to conclusions. Its wrong
If it was fear, it would have been addressed and the CS would have been done.
Re: 44-Year-Old Woman Dies With Her Twins After Refusing To Give Birth Through CS by bigocean(m): 10:33pm On Jul 10, 2018
Vickygarl:

Doesn't change the fact that she was stupid.
"ignorant" you mean.
Re: 44-Year-Old Woman Dies With Her Twins After Refusing To Give Birth Through CS by Nobody: 10:38pm On Jul 10, 2018
milemimi93:
JW own tire me.. The don't donate or receive blood..
I had a case like that once. The woman bled a lot through the difficult delivery and she was bad after. She needed urgent blood transfusion but kept screaming that she did not want thinking she was fine because she was lying down. It got to a point where I had to go drag the husband into the delivery room for him to see the large pool of blood on the floor and the active bleeding while I was working at stopping it. This did not convince the husband until when his wife stood up from the delivery couch and almost slumped.
I've also had another patient die of hemorrhagic stroke simply because she stopped taking her antihypertensive drugs and instead, went for prayer sessions in church.
These kinda of cases make me wonder whether doctors are agents of devil like they are being made to look.

1 Like

Re: 44-Year-Old Woman Dies With Her Twins After Refusing To Give Birth Through CS by missdivaa(f): 10:39pm On Jul 10, 2018
Please send me a message on whatsapp07037529943 if u want to join a good investment program. N.B: They are having a massive bonus from now till Sunday. Join now before it's too late

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

A 20 Year Old Orphan Is Dying in Luth, Please Help Save His Life / Siamese Twins Joined At The Head Separated After 18-Hour Surgery In Vatican / Young Lady Runs Mad In Enugu. Do You Know Her? (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.