Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,752 members, 7,827,771 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:49 PM

44-Year-Old Woman Dies With Her Twins After Refusing To Give Birth Through CS - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 44-Year-Old Woman Dies With Her Twins After Refusing To Give Birth Through CS (53385 Views)

Coronavirus: Aniekeme Uwah Sacked For Refusing To Manipulate Test Figures / MAPOLY Student Dies During Childbirth, As Her Twins Survive (photo) / James & John Ugwuoke: Conjoined Twins After Surgery Involving 22 Indian Doctors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 44-Year-Old Woman Dies With Her Twins After Refusing To Give Birth Through CS by rabzy: 10:39pm On Jul 10, 2018
Dazzle86:
Hebrew women syndrome

The interesting thing about the Hebrew women story is that there were no 'Hebrew women'. Pharaoh asked the midwives why they are not killing the boys as instructed, the women lied that the Israelites women were strong and before they came to help, the Hebrew women had already given birth. This was not true because the midwives actually helped to deliver the babies but refused to kill the boys and so God blessed them. The Hebrew women were actually not different from the Egyptian women with respects to giving birth.

4 Likes

Re: 44-Year-Old Woman Dies With Her Twins After Refusing To Give Birth Through CS by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jul 10, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Its either you are dense upstairs or have a one tracked mind.

Read this from a contributor right here on same thread.

Do you see that not everything is based on religion? Some could be the simple emotional state of the woman involved. Not all of them think they would come out alive once a scalpel cuts into them.
It is usually easier to allay fear of going under knife than convince people to go against their faith in this environment where people take religion to the extreme.

1 Like

Re: 44-Year-Old Woman Dies With Her Twins After Refusing To Give Birth Through CS by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jul 10, 2018
bigocean:
"ignorant" you mean.
She must have been adequately counseled, so she was no longer ignorant.

1 Like

Re: 44-Year-Old Woman Dies With Her Twins After Refusing To Give Birth Through CS by Shampoo77: 10:46pm On Jul 10, 2018
If you find out she is working on the instructions of one pastors that goes for medical check up twice a month but refuses to allow members to do same. We na she use her life take do gamble some even refuses blood transfusion all in the name of religion. Well
bigocean:
"ignorant" you mean.
Vickygarl:

I had a case like that once. The woman bled a lot through the difficult delivery and she was bad after. She needed urgent blood transfusion but kept screaming that she did not want thinking she was fine because she was lying down. It got to a point where I had to go drag the husband into the delivery room for him to see the large pool of blood on the floor and the active bleeding while I was working at stopping it. This did not convince the husband until when his wife stood up from the delivery couch and almost slumped.
I've also had another patient die of hemorrhagic stroke simply because she stopped taking her antihypertensive drugs and instead, went for prayer sessions in church.
These kinda of cases make me wonder whether doctors are agents of devil like they are being made to look.
RIP.
Re: 44-Year-Old Woman Dies With Her Twins After Refusing To Give Birth Through CS by yomi007k(m): 10:48pm On Jul 10, 2018
gracein:
Maternal mortality

She was a fool. I don't think any wise person that has tackled infertility should be bothered about whether vaginal delivery or CS.
She was dealing with double high risk pregnancy. Her age already put her at high risk coupled with the multiple gestation.

A normal delivery is one in which both mother and baby are alive irrespective of normal labour or CS. Nigerian women please wisen up.

I agree.
Re: 44-Year-Old Woman Dies With Her Twins After Refusing To Give Birth Through CS by ruggedtimi(m): 10:52pm On Jul 10, 2018
My mother delivered I & my bro via C S
Re: 44-Year-Old Woman Dies With Her Twins After Refusing To Give Birth Through CS by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jul 10, 2018
Haba !!!!
44years with Multiple Gestation, that’s too bad.

Such CS for special ladies with high risk pregnancies are usually done at 35- 36weeks without stress.
And they are never allowed to experience LABOUR at all
Re: 44-Year-Old Woman Dies With Her Twins After Refusing To Give Birth Through CS by bigocean(m): 10:56pm On Jul 10, 2018
Shampoo77:
If you find out she is working on the instructions of one pastors that goes for medical check up twice a month but refuses to allow members to do same. We na she use her life take do gamble some even refuses blood transfusion all in the name of religion. Well RIP.
the emboldened got me laughing..
Re: 44-Year-Old Woman Dies With Her Twins After Refusing To Give Birth Through CS by Pataricatering(f): 10:58pm On Jul 10, 2018
Most religious people think God is their doctor so they see doctors who studied medicine for years as unworthy assistants ! Doctors treat God heals - how would you listen to your doctor when he is not God !
Re: 44-Year-Old Woman Dies With Her Twins After Refusing To Give Birth Through CS by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jul 10, 2018
When I was getting married in Naija, I heard this quote to my now wife "may your giving birth be as lively as the Hebrew women"

I wondered, abi I no sabi read bible again? Checked and reconfirmed that this statement is a misquote attributed to the Hebrew midwives, Shiphrah and Puah, who lied to Pharaoh and convinced him that the Hebrew women gave birth before they arrived, since he, Pharaoh, wanted them to commit male infanticide on an industrial scale.

I warned my wife to throw such nonsense out of her head, but she refused. I kept my peace. Fast forward just over a year, we were in the hospital, she's about to give birth. This same nonsense came out again. Messages from her friends telling her the same. 8hrs in labour ward, pickin no gree show face. Doctors, nurses, etc advised that we wait another 4hrs and that we should all listen to the mother's wishes. I raked and stated that if anything happened to my child, I would hold everyone in the hospital responsible and my actions will not be limited to a court of law. I told them that they were taking the word of someone who was drugged up (all sorts of natal medications, plus epidural gas sef) and as such, was not in full control of her mental faculties, over the word of someone who was sane in this particular circumstances. Long story short, 20-CS-mins later, my crying baby was being rocked to sleep in my arms.

Why was I strong in demanding this course of action? Some dear friends lost their first baby at this same hospital due to faulty medical advice and ignorance. Their same exact experience happened in our case, but I learned from theirs and prevented a double tragedy.

I told my Mrs to warn her friends to junk all these useless non-prayers/beliefs that they get into, and bond their families to one yeye prophet/ess. Sad waste of lives to this original story and wish the husband peace as only God can give him in this terrible tragedy.

3 Likes

Re: 44-Year-Old Woman Dies With Her Twins After Refusing To Give Birth Through CS by LaudableXX: 11:46pm On Jul 10, 2018
Hotzone:
Illiteracy is the inability to use ur brain.
A woman was hit by stray bullet and was rushed to fmc so Doctor demanded for blood but the husband refused any transfusion but bros, I suddenly lifted the man away as doctor directed and he did the surgery after transfusion and the woman survived.
Still waiting for my award as life saver!
God bless you, o jare. wink May you live long! cool If I was the doctor of that pregnant woman, I would do the CS despite her objections, simply to ensure that she survived. I would make sure everything was recorded, in case she wants to kick up a fuss afterwards. angry
Re: 44-Year-Old Woman Dies With Her Twins After Refusing To Give Birth Through CS by LaudableXX: 11:55pm On Jul 10, 2018
rabzy:
No she is not, JWs do CS and take all medicine except blood. The Bible said the life is in the blood and it is something sacred to God and should not be eaten. JWs don't eat blood sausages or trapped animals and don't take blood transfusions for the same reasons. But they don't wait around to die believing that the blood will come by miracle, rather they have championed bloodless surgery and alternatives to blood transfusions. And they gone to great lengths to educate doctors and hospitals all over the world about these options and many leading scholars, professors and top hospitals are already going the way of bloodless surgery or reducing the amount of transfusions to do to the barest minimum.
Not all JWs are knowledgeable. sad My former room mate at uni, was a JW who died to a refusal to take a blood transfusion, after he was rushed to the health centre. There was no Haemacel or whatever they call it at that time, and his PCV had dropped really low. It was a needless death, which happened several years ago.
Re: 44-Year-Old Woman Dies With Her Twins After Refusing To Give Birth Through CS by Cmanforall: 12:18am On Jul 11, 2018
KoiceReloaded:
That woman deserves a special place in hell. That's a murder-suicide. They should have heavily sedated her against her will, do an emergency caesarean on her, and save the poor babies.
What if she sues?
Moreover, her consent is needed for the operation.
Re: 44-Year-Old Woman Dies With Her Twins After Refusing To Give Birth Through CS by IMASTEX: 12:27am On Jul 11, 2018
dominique:
I'm just short of words! How long will this nonsense continue? CS is not a curse, it is not I'll luck, it is not a stigma. So many women and babies have died needlessly because they were avoiding CS, because "daddy" said they must deliver like the Hebrew women. This nonsense has to stop.
It goes to show the level of education. 1% are educated. The rest are either full illiterate or educated illiterate
Re: 44-Year-Old Woman Dies With Her Twins After Refusing To Give Birth Through CS by KanwuliaExtra: 2:33am On Jul 11, 2018
Hmmmm!

Na wah!

Trying not to speak on the “Evil Dead”! lipsrsealed
Re: 44-Year-Old Woman Dies With Her Twins After Refusing To Give Birth Through CS by Nobody: 4:11am On Jul 11, 2018
Vickygarl:

And the same people would have turned around and sued the medical team or hospital for carrying out the CS without their consent. They wouldn't have foreseen the death without CS, you know.
What I do when I have patients like that is to sit down and counsel the patient and relatives properly about the reason for the CS while telling them the possible outcomes if she decides to deliver by her self. However, if they still refuse, I give them something to sign attesting to the fact that they were the ones that refused. I'm sure the medical team must have done that but she still refused.
So sorrowful!

In a developed world, like USA for example, I believe the woman would have been operated on against her will provided she has a medical insurance and the insurance company gave the go ahead. There's a litigational loophole somewhere in there: She can't sue the hospital because it wasn't their decision, and she can't sue the insurance company because she's bound to them by contract.

1 Like

Re: 44-Year-Old Woman Dies With Her Twins After Refusing To Give Birth Through CS by Nobody: 4:16am On Jul 11, 2018
Cmanforall:

What if she sues?

Since it's Nigeria, you're quite right, but in a more developed clime like the US, her medical insurance company (assuming she has a medical insurance) would have overrided her decision easily enough.

1 Like

Re: 44-Year-Old Woman Dies With Her Twins After Refusing To Give Birth Through CS by gare2510(m): 4:17am On Jul 11, 2018
What did the husband say after she refused, I think he should have made the all important decision, I also think on the approval of a consultant gynecologist and if proven that CS is the only way then it should override all decisions. I hope one day we will not see instances where people take police to court for preventing them from committing suicide. I can just imagine the had I know that will be in the man's mind now.

1 Like

Re: 44-Year-Old Woman Dies With Her Twins After Refusing To Give Birth Through CS by babeosisi: 4:23am On Jul 11, 2018
I bet you she was following the advice of her pastor instead of her doctor
Re: 44-Year-Old Woman Dies With Her Twins After Refusing To Give Birth Through CS by xaggar(m): 5:25am On Jul 11, 2018
JORDAN202:

STUPID WOMAN ....

THIS IS HOW EVEN THE JEHOVAH WITNESSES REFUSED BLOOD TRANSFUSION AND PREFER TO DIE.

THIS OLD CARGO HAS JUST BROUGHT PAIN TO HER PATIENT HUSBAND AND HER OWN FAMILY.

MAY THUNDER CONTINUE TO FIRE HER FOR THE PAINS SHE HAS NOW CREATED BY REFUSING TO OBEY HER DOCTOR ...!

Kindergarten
Re: 44-Year-Old Woman Dies With Her Twins After Refusing To Give Birth Through CS by francotunsco: 6:12am On Jul 11, 2018
...she could have also died after agreeing to deliver through cs in the first place. Its surprising the way folks are condemning her as if cs was a sure means of safe child bearing!
Re: 44-Year-Old Woman Dies With Her Twins After Refusing To Give Birth Through CS by Matam(f): 6:57am On Jul 11, 2018
Some see those who had babies through CS as weakling while others bribe their doctors for CS so that their V will not widen. Women wahala
Re: 44-Year-Old Woman Dies With Her Twins After Refusing To Give Birth Through CS by Nobody: 6:59am On Jul 11, 2018
LaudableXX:

God bless you, o jare. wink May you live long! cool If I was the doctor of that pregnant woman, I would do the CS despite her objections, simply to ensure that she survived. I would make sure everything was recorded, in case she wants to kick up a fuss afterwards. angry
The fact remains that her consent wasn't taken. And trust me, you will not even think of recording if u are faced with a real life scenario. Moreover, the recording itself has to be with the patient's consent.
Re: 44-Year-Old Woman Dies With Her Twins After Refusing To Give Birth Through CS by lala45: 7:01am On Jul 11, 2018
Nigerian women and their useless mentality,that's why I like abroad,many of the opt for CS.somewhen like me,if I don't have strength to push,will tell them to open my stomach and bring out the child
dominique:
I'm just short of words! How long will this nonsense continue? CS is not a curse, it is not I'll luck, it is not a stigma. So many women and babies have died needlessly because they were avoiding CS, because "daddy" said they must deliver like the Hebrew women. This nonsense has to stop.
Re: 44-Year-Old Woman Dies With Her Twins After Refusing To Give Birth Through CS by lala45: 7:05am On Jul 11, 2018
At 44 years,it will even be hard to give birth the natural way
Re: 44-Year-Old Woman Dies With Her Twins After Refusing To Give Birth Through CS by Nobody: 7:27am On Jul 11, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

In a developed world, like USA for example, I believe the woman would have been operated on against her will provided she has a medical insurance and the insurance company gave the go ahead. There's a litigational loophole somewhere in there: She can't sue the hospital because it wasn't their decision, and she can't sue the insurance company because she's bound to them by contract.
Like u stated, "in a developed world".
Re: 44-Year-Old Woman Dies With Her Twins After Refusing To Give Birth Through CS by pretty16(f): 8:39am On Jul 11, 2018
What kind of nonsense is this? I just hate this kind of news. How can people be so ignorant . Why would your doctor say u should do C.S and then you choose otherwise? Twins for that matter . Haba!
Re: 44-Year-Old Woman Dies With Her Twins After Refusing To Give Birth Through CS by pally123: 8:40am On Jul 11, 2018
Can't type,'RIP', cos she died due to her stupidity. Some deaths, we choose by our very hand. But I wonder where the husband was?
Re: 44-Year-Old Woman Dies With Her Twins After Refusing To Give Birth Through CS by LaudableXX: 8:49am On Jul 11, 2018
Cmanforall:
What if she sues?
Vickygarl:
The fact remains that her consent wasn't taken. And trust me, you will not even think of recording if u are faced with a real life scenario. Moreover, the recording itself has to be with the patient's consent.
Her consent is not always needed for an operation - if she is incapacitated, unconscious or incapable of making logical decisions. A relative would often be asked to provide the consent needed, in such cases.

KoiceReloaded:
God bless you, jare. cheesy You don talk am finish.

1 Like

Re: 44-Year-Old Woman Dies With Her Twins After Refusing To Give Birth Through CS by aalangel(f): 8:53am On Jul 11, 2018
...WENT through CS....It's even easier with a good doctor.
Re: 44-Year-Old Woman Dies With Her Twins After Refusing To Give Birth Through CS by abdulhamid0(m): 10:22am On Jul 11, 2018
Yemicrakz1:
She is mad
she is not mad, she is scared but her doctors are mad, knowing the risk and still grand her wish. They should have performed the CS with or without her permission, after all their primary function is to save life first
Re: 44-Year-Old Woman Dies With Her Twins After Refusing To Give Birth Through CS by Dazzle86(f): 10:26am On Jul 11, 2018
rabzy:

The interesting thing about the Hebrew women story is that there were no 'Hebrew women'. Pharaoh asked the midwives why they are not killing the boys as instructed, the women lied that the Israelites women were strong and before they came to help, the Hebrew women had already given birth. This was not true because the midwives actually helped to deliver the babies but refused to kill the boys and so God blessed them. The Hebrew women were actually not different from the Egyptian women with respects to giving birth.

Exactly

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

A 20 Year Old Orphan Is Dying in Luth, Please Help Save His Life / Siamese Twins Joined At The Head Separated After 18-Hour Surgery In Vatican / Young Lady Runs Mad In Enugu. Do You Know Her? (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.