Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,253 members, 7,864,328 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 04:08 PM

Can You Marry A Woman That Can't Cook?? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Marry A Woman That Can't Cook?? (2384 Views)

Lady Prepares Stew With N300, Advises Men Not To Marry Women Who Can't Cook Like / Lady Dumps Man Who Wants To Marry Her Because He Can't Cook, Leaks Their Chat / Glorianna Eghe-Idubor: "If Your Girlfriend Can't Cook For You, Throw Her Away" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Marry A Woman That Can't Cook?? by BluntBoy(m): 2:43pm On Jul 22, 2018
MissRaine69:

Has it occurred to you that it’s not a gift everyone has? Some people no matter how many driving lessons they have just cannot drive

Yes, it is something we learn. So, I can't understand why a woman will mature without knowing how to cook. Even a girl from a dysfunctional family should know how to cook.

Don't worry, if you don't know how to cook, I can marry you. But you must be willing to learn. I have zero tolerance for laziness and lack of curiosity.
Re: Can You Marry A Woman That Can't Cook?? by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jul 22, 2018
MissRaine69:
My mother burns water
But 45 years on parents are still married and happily so.
Only a man with an archaic view of women would make that’s a priority when it comes to suitability.
If she cannot cook what’s stopping you from teaching her?
I bet it’s men who underperform or last 2 minutes and 3 seconds who make the most noise.

If a woman can't cook then the man should do the cooking. There's no where it is written that cooking in marriage is a woman's responsibility alone.

Women aren't cooking machines. Nigerian men should cook for their wives, this is the 21st century for God sake.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry A Woman That Can't Cook?? by BluntBoy(m): 2:45pm On Jul 22, 2018
Elder001:

If a woman can't cook then the man should do the cooking. There's no where it is written that cooking in marriage is a woman's responsibility alone.

Women aren't cooking machines. Nigerian men should cook for their wives, this is the 21st century for God sake.

Nonsense!!!

Cooking is a good skill to have. No one said anyone should become cooking machines. It is for everyone's good to know how to cook.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Marry A Woman That Can't Cook?? by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jul 22, 2018
BluntBoy:

Nonsense!!!

Cooking is a good skill to have. No one said anyone should become cooking machines. It is for everyone's good to know how to cook.

Can't you be polite and civil?
Re: Can You Marry A Woman That Can't Cook?? by MissRaine69(f): 2:51pm On Jul 22, 2018
staytravel:

The funny thing is that .... on the list of things most Nigerian men want in a wife, cooking is the most important:

1) Good cook
2) Good sex
3) Give many children (especially sons)
4) Prayerful/Relationship with God
5) Kind/Doesn't nag
6) Hard working
7) Has money
cool Good body/attractive
9) Get's on well with my family/culture
10) Honest/Reliable
11)Other

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61LZWpmEdcY?t=4m48s
1-3 are subjective
Good sex is reciprocal
Good cook - based on whose standards? If I am a classically trained French chef does that make me a bad CHC because I can’t cook Nigerian dishes?
And if he is infertile?
4- being Prayerful ( not sure that’s a word but for the purpose of this discussion we will assume it is)
That does not mean the person will have a good heart.
5-He has to be the same who wants to be paired to a man who nags? There is nothing that so disconcerting than a man who talks too much!
6-10 All mutual traits
Can’t expect that when you don’t give any!
Good attractive body when you have a potbelly and man boobs? That’s hypocrisy right there!
Re: Can You Marry A Woman That Can't Cook?? by BluntBoy(m): 2:52pm On Jul 22, 2018
Elder001:

Can't you be polite and civil?
What is impolite in my post, please

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry A Woman That Can't Cook?? by MissRaine69(f): 2:54pm On Jul 22, 2018
BluntBoy:

Yes, it is something we learn. So, I can't understand why a woman will mature without knowing how to cook. Even a girl from a dysfunctional family should know how to cook.

Don't worry, if you don't know how to cook, I can marry you. But you must be willing to learn. I have zero tolerance for laziness and lack of curiosity.
I can cook very well
I just prefer not to. grin
Re: Can You Marry A Woman That Can't Cook?? by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jul 22, 2018
Humchi:

i am an ika-igbo from delta.
Happy Sunday man, enjoy your day.
Re: Can You Marry A Woman That Can't Cook?? by BluntBoy(m): 2:55pm On Jul 22, 2018
MissRaine69:

I can cook very well
I just prefer not to. grin

Yes, that is very good. I can cook but I am lazy when it comes to cooking. It is the same with ironing. I can do them but always too lazy to do them.
Re: Can You Marry A Woman That Can't Cook?? by Lalas247(f): 2:57pm On Jul 22, 2018
staytravel:

So must a person do something that they hate??
How can you hate cooking ... it’s a basic skill for survival sad
Even boiling egg is cooking hope you know ....
Re: Can You Marry A Woman That Can't Cook?? by MissRaine69(f): 2:57pm On Jul 22, 2018
BluntBoy:

Yes, that is very good. I can cook but I am lazy when it comes to cooking. It is the same with ironing. I can do them but always too lazy to do them.
Now ironing
I actually enjoy.
Re: Can You Marry A Woman That Can't Cook?? by MissRaine69(f): 2:59pm On Jul 22, 2018
Lalas247:

How can you hate cooking ... it’s a basic skill for survival sad
Even boiling egg is cooking hope you know ....
Cooking is not a basic skill for survival.
Finding a clean source of drinking water is a basic skill for survival
Meat and eggs can be eaten raw
Re: Can You Marry A Woman That Can't Cook?? by Lalas247(f): 3:06pm On Jul 22, 2018
MissRaine69:

Cooking is not a basic skill for survival.
Finding a clean source of drinking water is a basic skill for survival
Meat and eggs can be eaten raw
embarassed

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry A Woman That Can't Cook?? by MISEDUCATIONS: 3:09pm On Jul 22, 2018
staytravel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61LZWpmEdcY?t=7m3s

Is it really the same though?
it is. both rely on making the person do that very thing later on.
Re: Can You Marry A Woman That Can't Cook?? by Adasun(m): 3:16pm On Jul 22, 2018
Elder001:

Nigerian men are not money machines,

our girls should also learn hw to bring legitimate money for rent,skul fees,food eta el. For crying out loud this 21st century.
Re: Can You Marry A Woman That Can't Cook?? by BluntBoy(m): 3:18pm On Jul 22, 2018
MissRaine69:

Now ironing
I actually enjoy.

You enjoy ironing shocked

God, I hate that chore. It is the most boring chore in the world, from my perspective.
Re: Can You Marry A Woman That Can't Cook?? by MissRaine69(f): 3:31pm On Jul 22, 2018
Lalas247:

embarassed
Don’t fret
It was in context of survival skills
I am sure you missed that part.
Re: Can You Marry A Woman That Can't Cook?? by MissRaine69(f): 3:31pm On Jul 22, 2018
BluntBoy:

You enjoy ironing shocked

God, I hate that chore. It is the most boring chore in the world, from my perspective.
I love it!
Re: Can You Marry A Woman That Can't Cook?? by BluntBoy(m): 3:33pm On Jul 22, 2018
MissRaine69:
I love it!
mmm... different strokes for different folks. grin
Re: Can You Marry A Woman That Can't Cook?? by MissRaine69(f): 3:34pm On Jul 22, 2018
BluntBoy:

mmm... different strokes for different folks. grin
It’s therapeutic
Done while listening to music
Ahhhh bliss
Re: Can You Marry A Woman That Can't Cook?? by BluntBoy(m): 3:40pm On Jul 22, 2018
MissRaine69:

It’s therapeutic
Done while listening to music
Ahhhh bliss

Interesting cheesy

I see you mention therapies a lot. Are you a therapist? Or perhaps, you are a social worker?
Re: Can You Marry A Woman That Can't Cook?? by Martin0(m): 3:41pm On Jul 22, 2018
MissRaine69:
My mother burns water
But 45 years on parents are still married and happily so.
Only a man with an archaic view of women would make that’s a priority when it comes to suitability.
If she cannot cook what’s stopping you from teaching her?
I bet it’s men who underperform or last 2 minutes and 3 seconds who make the most noise.

hia why u go think this kind thing eh, well nor worry I go enroll you for cooking school /Catherine /chef school...
Re: Can You Marry A Woman That Can't Cook?? by MissRaine69(f): 3:44pm On Jul 22, 2018
BluntBoy:

Interesting cheesy

I see you mention therapies a lot. Are you a therapist? Or perhaps, you are a social worker?
Neither
Re: Can You Marry A Woman That Can't Cook?? by MissRaine69(f): 3:44pm On Jul 22, 2018
Martin0:

hia why u go think this kind thing eh, well nor worry I go enroll you for cooking school /Catherine /chef school...
I don’t want to cook
Ever!
Re: Can You Marry A Woman That Can't Cook?? by Martin0(m): 3:48pm On Jul 22, 2018
MissRaine69:
I don’t want to cook Ever!
u say weitingrin
na wa ooo, I hope nor be me u dey tell this sha
Re: Can You Marry A Woman That Can't Cook?? by Martin0(m): 3:58pm On Jul 22, 2018
staytravel:

ahhahahah, is that your wife? If she doesn't want to cook, that is her problem.

so weitin make you think say na my wife!

come she's not my wife, na just my friend
Re: Can You Marry A Woman That Can't Cook?? by Martin0(m): 4:03pm On Jul 22, 2018
staytravel:

You dey sure? grin grin

eee see gobe ooo, come whichever you are! she is my friend, simple, that is all I know she is to me! why you dey think like say u nor know say Na friends!!!
Re: Can You Marry A Woman That Can't Cook?? by DejiSantos: 4:04pm On Jul 22, 2018
kwenu!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Best Way To Ask Your Partner For Sex! / THE MIRACLE OIL OF OUR ANCESTORS / online epic games for all browser

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.