Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,518 members, 7,812,601 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:03 PM

Ladies What Age Gap Would Prefer? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies What Age Gap Would Prefer? (1498 Views)

What’s The Perfect Age Gap For An Ideal Relationship? / Whats The Best Age Gap Between A Guy And Girl In A Serious Relationship / At What Age Should a Girl Have a Boyfriend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ladies What Age Gap Would Prefer? by saintneo(m): 8:47am On Jun 18, 2010
A friend is in a relationship with a girl he is older than by 7 years. He is currently 28, and most (99%) of his ex-girl friends are older than he is by at least a year. He is looking at settling down ASAP, but his dilemma is that he sees the current girl as being too young for him. This age gap is a big problem nagging in his mind. I am trying to advice him that what he sees as a problem is nothing; however, I would like to get your opinions as well.

Ladies, the question is, if you are in the girl's position how would feel about the age difference.

Guys, can contribute as well.
Re: Ladies What Age Gap Would Prefer? by Nobody: 8:58am On Jun 18, 2010
same question every month lol
Re: Ladies What Age Gap Would Prefer? by saintneo(m): 9:49am On Jun 18, 2010
reference dude!
Re: Ladies What Age Gap Would Prefer? by madlady(f): 9:56am On Jun 18, 2010
7 years older than I, that's ideal for me.
Re: Ladies What Age Gap Would Prefer? by Spyker: 10:03am On Jun 18, 2010
Nothing wrong in the age gap between the man and the woman, in short he will be praised for his choice. If it were the reverse, i know he will be abused or rather people will say the girl charmed him.
Re: Ladies What Age Gap Would Prefer? by Onchedu(m): 10:13am On Jun 18, 2010
From my observations, even when a girl prefers something she sometimes goes for a sharp contrast outside that depending on how she feels about it and how it makes her feel.

Women can be convinced, coerced, or seduced to get to approve of almost anything; however don't push Ur luck. Some of them are "awake."
Re: Ladies What Age Gap Would Prefer? by Nobody: 10:15am On Jun 18, 2010
saintneo:

reference dude!
not by u but other posters
Re: Ladies What Age Gap Would Prefer? by Onchedu(m): 10:24am On Jun 18, 2010
7 years is ok to me o. How old is the guy and when is he planning on getting married? The girl isnt going to be a girl forever and if she's an adult already then no people wont frown at him.

If she's just immature and not what he expects from a woman and she's not teachable then that's another thing.
Re: Ladies What Age Gap Would Prefer? by Gbemyte(f): 10:55am On Jun 18, 2010
Mine is btw 2 nd 7yrs anytin abv dat is child abuse 2 me
Re: Ladies What Age Gap Would Prefer? by LOVE4BUG(f): 11:32am On Jun 18, 2010
i'm ok with 7
Re: Ladies What Age Gap Would Prefer? by spicyhoney(f): 11:40am On Jun 18, 2010
Am comfortable when the guy is 3-10 yrs older than i am.
Re: Ladies What Age Gap Would Prefer? by Faher(m): 1:03pm On Jun 18, 2010
@OP. What your friend thinks is a problem is actually ideal - unless he looks like her father grin
Re: Ladies What Age Gap Would Prefer? by hermosa(f): 1:31pm On Jun 18, 2010
7-15 years is fine by me, the older they are, the more mature cool
Re: Ladies What Age Gap Would Prefer? by hollybaby(f): 1:36pm On Jun 18, 2010
Age should nt be d problem, all dt matas most is d luv u both ve 4 urself. wat if u find d true age who will nt luv u d way d older person did? just 4get abt age, cos even 4 sum1 olda dan u jst wit a day or month u still nid 2 be submissive 2 them nd dey too ve 2 luv u 4ever nn ever. smiley smiley
Re: Ladies What Age Gap Would Prefer? by hollybaby(f): 1:40pm On Jun 18, 2010
am o.k wen d age difference is btw 3-10
Re: Ladies What Age Gap Would Prefer? by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jun 18, 2010
5 years but I can do with 20 if the guy is rotten rich. grin
Re: Ladies What Age Gap Would Prefer? by Tatase(f): 1:56pm On Jun 18, 2010
It's not that creepy. I think as people get older, the age difference matters less because ok there's 7 years difference and it's fine but if she was 17 and he was 24, it wouldn't be as fine y'know.

The rule I've heard of for these things is the "half-your-age-plus-seven" rule (u divide the guy's age by 2 and add 7 to get the acceptable minimum age of girl he can date) . So like since your friend is 28, he shouldn't date a girl under 21 or it would be sketchy. If he was 35, then he shouldn't date a girl under 24-25.

But all these things are silly-ish as long as they're both of age and they have a connection deeper than a ("sugar relationship") and they get each other an if that's the case then it's not that shady. Personally I probably wouldn't want to go more than 5 or 6 years older (best case 1-3yrs older)  but if the connection and love is there, it's not a deal-breaker.
Re: Ladies What Age Gap Would Prefer? by lallafati(f): 4:36pm On Jun 18, 2010
My mom always told me at least 5 years, at most 10 and I totally agree with that. Don't see myself with somebody my age, 7 years older than me is actually ideal. But really 3-10 years is fine. It all depends on the guy. The more mature the better and although age does not necessarily equal maturity, the older do tend to be more mature and know what they want out of a relationship a little clearer.
Re: Ladies What Age Gap Would Prefer? by saintneo(m): 6:20pm On Jun 18, 2010
thanks peeps, especially the ladies.
Re: Ladies What Age Gap Would Prefer? by Carolece(f): 12:33am On Jun 19, 2010
only 7 yrs and he's worried? Maybe he's worried about something else like commitment and havent found any other reason not to comit to that woman. Men! I just will never figure them out.
Re: Ladies What Age Gap Would Prefer? by BabaRamo(m): 5:22am On Jun 22, 2010
"Settling down ASAP"
Just like that! You guys are unbelievable.
Re: Ladies What Age Gap Would Prefer? by kieryn(f): 7:09pm On Jun 22, 2010
I just dont want a guy that LOOK a lot older than me.
Re: Ladies What Age Gap Would Prefer? by meggieblac: 7:53pm On Jun 22, 2010
personally i'm ok with 1-7 yrs. I'm a bit scared of the statistics abt men having a shorter life span. really dont want a grandpaapa. grin grin
Re: Ladies What Age Gap Would Prefer? by unitee(f): 6:59pm On Jun 24, 2010
not more than 10 years

(1) (Reply)

Women! Can 1 Ever Do Without Them? / Dating/sleeping With Married Men... / She Is Leavin ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ For No Reason. Wot Shud I Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.