Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,963 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:19 AM

Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? (15826 Views)

Dating A Nigerian Woman Is Like Taking Care Of Orphans - Breggle Acha Derrick / Brothel Addiction: Depressed And Thinking About Suicide / Have You Ever Felt Relieved After Ending A Friendship Or Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by HardMirror(m): 5:24pm On Aug 10, 2018
Most times when we talk about suicide or discuss people who committed suicide, we often blame them or label them cowards. It is also popular to hear people say those who commit suicide would end up in hell as punishment.

Let us not be quick to judge those who commit suicide.

Depression is real and it can be very overwhelming.
Truth is it hurts when a loved one takes his/her life but we should not be quick to use that single act to judge such people.

I have suffered depressing at several points of my life and i understand how it can be. It only ends in suicide when:

1. You keep to yourself: share the problem with friends.
2. Have close friends and family members that you can share your burdens with.
3. Look at the big picture. Your problem most times is not as bad as you think. Ask yourself 'What is the worst thing that would happen?'
Then ask yourself aint there people in worse situations?
4. Laugh at yourself and call yourself stvpid. yeah we all very stvpid. You broke? Damn! Laugh at yourself. Your bf/gf just broke up with you? Laugh! In serious debt? Laugh!
5. Consult with others on the problem, get different perspectives even if you dont let them know you are the one in the situation

Have you ever had suicidal thoughts? Share with us here

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by TheOdd1sOut: 5:25pm On Aug 10, 2018
Ftc

1 Like

Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by HardMirror(m): 5:31pm On Aug 10, 2018
TheOdd1sOut:
Ftc
huh?

2 Likes

Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by TheOdd1sOut: 5:34pm On Aug 10, 2018
HardMirror:
huh?
ftc means "first to comment?"
Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by Nobody: 5:36pm On Aug 10, 2018
Yeah, when am working as house boy. The woman make me hate life that i blame my mum and dad for my existence then but am now wrking at Peniel prints(CEO)

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by HardMirror(m): 5:42pm On Aug 10, 2018
adetoroamos:
Yeah, when am working as house boy. The woman make me hate life that i blame my mum and dad for my existence then but am now wrking at Peniel prints(CEO)
that is good. Hope your story would be an inspiration to someone here

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by Nobody: 5:46pm On Aug 10, 2018
Hedonistic me has never thought of such. No bad condition lasts forever, you just gotta see the silver linings but it's also important to have a confidant, someone you can talk to.

2 Likes

Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by HardMirror(m): 6:05pm On Aug 10, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
. Hedonistic me has never thought of such. No bad condition lasts forever, you just gotta see the silver linings but it's also important to have a confidant, someone you can talk to.
really? At bolded... *smiles*
Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by Bluezy13(m): 6:50pm On Aug 10, 2018
Yea...

The very day I had an F-grade in the university.
Since I never did carry out the act, nothing else has and would ever make me feel that depressed again.

You would understand if you knew how brilliant I was academically in high school and then expectations that followed suit from the school, friends, family, Myself, the society at large.

The memory makes me realize how stupid I was when the society does not even give a fvck about my existence let alone wellbeing.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by IamPlato(m): 8:13pm On Aug 10, 2018

Yes o... Many Years Ago, I Sat Down To Think About My Life and I Discovered My Life Had No Destination or Future, I Cried and Thought Of Suicide But I Couldnt Arrive At The best Way To Kill Myself... But That Night When I Slept I Had A Dream that Changed My Life And Gave Me A Direction to Success...

12 Likes

Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by Nobody: 8:20pm On Aug 10, 2018
yesterday night I slept before sleeping I prayed I should never wakeup again to face this world

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by Nobody: 8:24pm On Aug 10, 2018

6 Likes

Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by IamPlato(m): 8:31pm On Aug 10, 2018
jessca048:
yesterday night I slept before sleeping I prayed I should never wakeup again to face this world

For What Na? You Want To Leave Us And Run Abi. Na Lie o, all Of Us Must Suffer This Nigeria Together. Nobody Is Going Anywhere tongue

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by IamPlato(m): 8:33pm On Aug 10, 2018
Deadlywoman:
After losing my parents and feeling all alone, I tried to take an overdose. I just had a stomach run and started throwing up. I spent a couple of hours in the toilet shitting and poking, and nobody was none the wiser. It's been my lil secret. I get the thoughts often and it scares me but I just use those feelings as evidence that I need to know better to do better, so I change my way of life. I use it as a guidance system so as to say .

I'm So Sorry about Your Parents cry

3 Likes

Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by Nobody: 8:35pm On Aug 10, 2018
IamPlato:

I'm So Sorry about Your Parents cry

All is well smiley

1 Like

Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by CAPSLOCKED: 8:40pm On Aug 10, 2018
Deadlywoman:
After losing my parents and feeling all alone, I tried to take an overdose. I just had a stomach run and started throwing up. I spent a couple of hours in the toilet shitting and poking, and nobody was none the wiser. It's been my lil secret. I get the thoughts often and it scares me but I just use those feelings as evidence that I need to know better to do better, so I change my way of life. I use it as a guidance system so as to say .

OVERDOSE OF VITAMIN C?? grin

2 Likes

Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by Nobody: 8:40pm On Aug 10, 2018
IamPlato:

For What Na? You Want To Leave Us And Run Abi. Na Lie o, all Of Us Must Suffer This Nigeria Together. Nobody Is Going Anywhere tongue
lol
but there are times the thought of ending it just comes to me but when I think of what my family will feel afterwards I just stop

2 Likes

Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by IamPlato(m): 8:43pm On Aug 10, 2018
jessca048:
lol
but there are times the thought of ending it just comes to me but when I think of what my family will feel afterwards I just stop

I Have Come To Stage In Life Where I Have learnt That Suicide Is For Cowards.

Suicide Is Not For You Dear wink

1 Like

Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by Nobody: 8:49pm On Aug 10, 2018
Not that I can think of.
Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by Nobody: 8:56pm On Aug 10, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

OVERDOSE OF VITAMIN C?? grin

I think so grin

It was a cry for help more than an actual attempt grin grin
Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by Adasun(m): 9:41pm On Aug 10, 2018
Not thought alone o, I tried it.

I first of all miss jollof rice with salad and turn da mixture,later ate,nothing happened. sad sad

I now bought hollandia youghurt and suya thinking it would work. Na so i stil stand.

Am thinking of eating debino with coconut.do u think it would help in my suicide mission?

17 Likes

Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by festwiz(m): 9:42pm On Aug 10, 2018
Nope.
I've been really depressed though but never suicidal.
Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by festwiz(m): 9:43pm On Aug 10, 2018
Adasun:
Not thought alone o, I tried it.

I first of all miss jollof rice with salad and turn da mixture,later ate,nothing happened. sad sad

I now bought hollandia youghurt and suya thinking it would work. Na so i stil stand.

Am thinking of eating debino with coconut.do u think it would help in my suicide mission?
Try Garri and Pepsi. I heard it kills. Tried it out of curiosity and nothing happened. Try it. tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by HardMirror(m): 10:44pm On Aug 10, 2018
jessca048:
but here you are dear. Dont be hard on yourself all would be well

1 Like

Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by theworldbest(f): 10:49pm On Aug 10, 2018
Always had dat suicidal thoughts...my daughter is wat is still keeping me

2 Likes

Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by HardMirror(m): 10:49pm On Aug 10, 2018
hey i know many are reading and saying nothing, while suffering in silence, speak up it would help you. Thanks
Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by donbachi(m): 10:50pm On Aug 10, 2018
And you think it's bad to take your own life...how about the lives of babies some of you took...talk homicide not suicide.
Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by HardMirror(m): 10:51pm On Aug 10, 2018
theworldbest:
Always had dat suicidal thoughts...my daughter is wat is still keeping me
pls dont leave her. All would be well, just review what went wrong and see how you can start rebuilding. It is never too late

1 Like

Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by HardMirror(m): 10:53pm On Aug 10, 2018
donbachi:
And you think it's bad to take your own life...how about the lives of babies some of you took...talk homicide not suicide.
it is your life, if you want to end it, pls do. But this is a thread to help people push a lightly further, fight a little harder and most times that is all you need to break through

2 Likes

Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by theworldbest(f): 10:53pm On Aug 10, 2018
HardMirror:
pls dont leave her. All would be well, just review what went wrong and see how you can start rebuilding. It is never too late
Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by HardMirror(m): 10:55pm On Aug 10, 2018
theworldbest:

Thanks
many wish they could be as beautiful as you are. You got a lot going for you dear. Shake it off and you can indeed be the world best. smiley

1 Like

Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by happy200(m): 11:02pm On Aug 10, 2018
yea, drank battery acid i vomited a lot of blood after that i had severe heart burn for 6 months. My gullet were all damaged after the treatment even now i don't wanna stay alife but the fear of what i passed through then can't let me try it again.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

What Does It Mean When Your Boyfriend Spits In Your Face? / She's A Good Girl And Pregnant For Me, But I Dont Love Her! / See What This Slay Queen Did After This Guy Proposed To Her [PHOTO]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.