Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,228 members, 7,815,293 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:19 AM

At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. (7408 Views)

Vincent Enyeama Finally Quits Unceremoniously. / Breaking News: Keshi Finally Quits Eagles’ Job / Iheanacho Quits Eagles For Man City. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by tobiloba82: 9:00am On Jun 25, 2010
Please let Kanu be. He has done very well for Nigeria. I really dont know why people are dragging him to the mud, now.  The likes of Gabriel Batistuta, Paul Gascoin, Gary Linekar even Alan shearer etc never won anything for their coutries, yet they are regarded as heroes today.
Kanu, u r a hero.
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by sicily4u: 9:01am On Jun 25, 2010
Thank u Kanu for everything the hand of God is upon u,

for those calling him bad names u should learn how to show appreciation, ok for example he did not play two matches and we lost them, the only one that he played we managed to get draw
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by 12large: 9:18am On Jun 25, 2010
what contribution, olympics games since 1996 what else have he done, instead of the goat to quit since like a perfect gentle man which he is, he decided to come to worldcup in place of stronger players, respect my a.ss. super eagles have now become a place for oldies imagine yakubu claiming to be 28 or kanu 33 when in real life they are in their 40s. please other than olympics what have this man done, so we should give obinna, and obasi lifetime pass to super eagles, because they also gave us silver medal in the olympics
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by Nobody: 9:22am On Jun 25, 2010
He should have left when the ovation was high! undecided
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by Acutex: 9:43am On Jun 25, 2010
i wish we could renew ur strenght daddy. Maybe make u 10 years younger. Ur talent should be harnessed. Pls take a coaching training course. Papillo, The greatest ever, smiley
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by Ranoscky(m): 9:55am On Jun 25, 2010
I want ask 1 question to doz peeps wey dey talk rubbish against kanu. . .

what has kanu done wrong to deserve all this criticism from u bars-tards that gat nottin to offer to NIGERIA? undecided
wetin una don ever do for NIGERIA since una mama shyt una out of this world from her a$$-hole?  undecided
wetin una don achieve since wey margutts and bedburg like una don dey exist for this world? undecided
where una dey when kanu win under 17 world cup for japan 1992? undecided
where una dey when kanu win champions league with ajax? undecided
where una dey when kanu dey win all the medals for arsenal? undecided
where una dey when kanu win FA cup with pouthsmouth? undecided
where una dey when kanu win the african player of the year? undecided
where una dey when kanu was offered a contract with KARL KANI designers? undecided
Even if una say kanu never do anything for NIGERIA, fine! KHF - na una papa dey organise/sponsor am? undecided
Abeg i dey wait for una reply reply O, before i go unleash D wrath of OGUN 2 destroy una GENERATION.
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by Emmyk(m): 10:06am On Jun 25, 2010
As dey kolombi our eagles As dey fashi eyeanma
As dey disobey
lagerback We com get plenty wahala As dey dribble obasi As yakubu
commit disaster Just
becos say odiah dey
there He follow enter
the yawa, Implication!
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by Ranoscky(m): 10:11am On Jun 25, 2010
while i'm waiting for the response from u baked a$$ milipeeds, name a player in NIGERIA that has ever achieved what KING KANU has achieved since he/they started playing football? abi if KING KANU has never don anything, then shey a player wey no dey do anything go get the highest honour/award/medals/ in football? Ya'll are FAILIURES! SHAME!!! cry
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by 12large: 10:17am On Jun 25, 2010
abeg please tell me wetin kanu don do for nigeria minus youth tornament, kanu just go to youth tornament as a 30year old and bully real youth, then when he comes to super eagles he choles as usual 13 goals 8assists in 80 games, wow thats worldclass, 6nations cup 2worldcup no goals wow thats worldclass. i wish kanu a good future in his new life useless man
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by 12large: 10:17am On Jun 25, 2010
abeg please tell me wetin kanu don do for nigeria minus youth tornament, kanu just go to youth tornament as a 30year old and bully real youth, then when he comes to super eagles he choles as usual 13 goals 8assists in 80 games, wow thats worldclass, 6nations cup 2worldcup no goals wow thats worldclass. i wish kanu a good future in his new life old fool
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by saydfact(m): 10:20am On Jun 25, 2010
[size=28pt]MANY OF U CALLING KANU NAMES WLD PRAY DAY AND NIGHT TO BE LIKE HIM, MAYBE PELE  SHD'NT AV RETIRED.
4UR INFO,  THIS IS THE MOST DECORATED PLAYER ON AFRICAN SOIL, MANY COUNTRY HONOUR PLAYERS WITH LESS ACHIEVEMENT (ROGER MILLER, ABEDI-PELE, ETC),

KANU U ARE THE KING OF AFRICAN FOOTBALL,  SEE U LEADING THE U-17 EAGLES SOON,

I'LL ALWAYS RESPECT U, UR STORY, UR LEGEND.[/size]

Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by Nobody: 10:29am On Jun 25, 2010
@emmyk, i luv thy song.
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by harmeenut: 10:30am On Jun 25, 2010
@ Ranosky, Pls can you repeat your questions again and in big font and I bet none of the mediocres who berates him will have no answers. It takes a successful man who have gone through hard times to appreciate another successful fellow that have gone through the same. But a failure canstigate success because he/she has never gone through the xperience before.

have you noticed those people have not posted any comment apart from the 1st page.

They should name any sport man of Generation before Kanu and his generation who can boast of Kanu's achievement both off & on the field. If I'm not mistaken, apart from Eto, Kanu is the most decorated footballer in Africa.

Shame on you Kanu's haters. In as much as you have freedom of speech & can hide under fake identity to rubish a fellow countryman, you should learn to be truthful in your analysis.

For Kanu, remember Obey Commander's song that there is nothing you can do to satisfy human beings. You have done your best. You will remain in our hearts as a true legend
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by deebsman1(m): 10:32am On Jun 25, 2010
Papillo, i dough my hat, Gbam. U'll always b remembered, good luck in yo future endeavours.
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by MELAA: 10:37am On Jun 25, 2010
All of you calling Kanu useless are the most useless animal. I know too well that you were the same persons that celebrated him in the 1996 olympic. Fools that know nothing butCriticism of what they themselves can not do.
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by sayso: 10:39am On Jun 25, 2010
Kanu the great,apart from George Weah and Eto'o,no player in Africa can measure up to you in terms of football glory.

Osaze Odemwingie ,in your life time,you will never lace Kanu's boot,so shut the fu-ck up.
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by saydfact(m): 10:43am On Jun 25, 2010
[size=14pt]USE-LESS PEOPLE LIKE UNA, JOHN FASHANU DIS-HONOURED DIS COUNTRY AS A PLAYER, YET 2DAY MY USE-LESS COUNTRY PPLE HONOUR HIM WITH T.V APPERANCE HERE AND THERE.

HERE IS A MAN WHO NEVER DIS-HONOURED HIS COUNTRY, PLUS FLYING NIGERIAN FLAG AFTER WINNING THE F.A CUP AGAIN X3.

SHAME ON U ALL, REALLY SHAME ON U.[/size]

THINK OF [size=16pt]kanu Hearth Foundation[/size], HOW MANY CHILDREN WITHOUT HOPE HAS BEEN SAVED, SHAME ON U ALL X3

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by deebsman1(m): 10:50am On Jun 25, 2010
This is d most obvious topic on NL, that i'd expect 99% of respondents to write something good about, but can't believe some shameless animals could be writing bad things. Kanu, take it or leave it, he's in d class of Achebe's, Soyinka's, M.K.O'S, Okonjo's, George Weah's, even Mandela's of this world. Did u guys want to compare Papilo to Jay Jay or what?
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by deebsman1(m): 10:51am On Jun 25, 2010
This is d most obvious topic on NL, that i'd expect 99% of respondents to write something good about, but can't believe some shameless animals could be writing bad things. Kanu, take it or leave it, he's in d class of Achebe's, Soyinka's, M.K.O'S, Okonjo's, George Weah's, even Mandela's of this world. Did u guys want to compare Papilo to Jay Jay or what?
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by Ranoscky(m): 10:55am On Jun 25, 2010
^^^Abeg help me dey lecture dem OO! I'll advice u to just be proud to urself b'cos u'v lectured peeps that know shyt abt KING KANU and are tryna pretend that they know all about him.

@12large
U know say we NIGERIANS know ourselfs wella. we no dey appreciate wetin we get, but make i ask u something?
tell me wetin CHRISTIANO RONALDO (ex-world footballer of the year) don do for PORTUGAL?
b4 he scored the goal he (C Ronaldo) scored against N.KOREA, when last did he score for his country?
U and i know's who is the best player in the world presently, but who was rated the lowest mark in ARGENTINA's world qualification?   ***All the crititsm b'cos KING KANU na NIGERIAN. may GOD help una.***
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by Olaolufred(m): 10:59am On Jun 25, 2010
I think we need Kanu for another 15 years.

Yakubu for another 20 years.

Yobo for another 25.

Good they are still agile and fit for our national call.

They are all wellcome to World Cup 2030.
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by fantastic2(f): 11:06am On Jun 25, 2010
i think that kanu is the best among nigerian players. not minding his health, he still plays like a lion he has always been, i hope to see him as a coach leading the young eaglet soon. go kanu you are the best
papilooooooooo
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by CarlosVent(m): 11:14am On Jun 25, 2010
ITS GOOD FOR HIM SHAAAAAAAA

BT JOHN UTAKA SHOULD BE ALLOWED INTO D NEW LOOK EAGLES.
DATS D MISTAKE LAGERBACK MADE BY NT CHOOSING HIM TO PLAY ON D PITCH
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by otokx(m): 11:19am On Jun 25, 2010
He should have quit after ATLANTA but its better late than never.
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by Nobody: 11:22am On Jun 25, 2010
thank God, Selfish man
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by Nobody: 11:31am On Jun 25, 2010
WHY Kanu, , WHY

we need you for 2014,2018 and 2022 world cups
am sure with Papilo and Peak milk we can win the world cup then

please Kanu reconsider. Its too early to retire now, cry cry
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by MUZBO(m): 11:36am On Jun 25, 2010
Bad riddance to Good rubbish. Pity such a great player did not score a Nations cup goal
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by lajjy(m): 11:38am On Jun 25, 2010
Some people are so foolish that they never realized it until when they are on their deathbed. We have always known that the heart of the fool is in his mouth. If not for their lowlife thinking and unpolished mentality, how could people be saying Kanu is now useless. kanu is a hero and will always be. He has made his own unique impression upon the surface of his fatherland. What have you achieved in life that is comparable to Kanu's. Better shut ur ultra-stinking mouth and let people with diginity and patrotic virtues grace NL.
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by Nobody: 11:42am On Jun 25, 2010
Some nasty people on this thread. How can someone in his/her right senses condemn Kanu shocked.

Someone that has always given his 100% to his fatherland. So many slowpokes around N/L these days, no wonder many reasonable people are leaving here in droves.

I tire for some retards on N/L ooo!!! shocked shocked

King Kanu, as you go into retirement, may all the remaining days of your life be filled with happiness
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by doubella: 11:44am On Jun 25, 2010
U, KANU NWANKWO has done what our leaders elected cannot do for us, and instead of us to celebrate ur time and life as u retire from football becos of ur contributions, some choose to make ridicle of themselveshere. Naija!, Naija!!, Naija people!!! when will we learn to appreciate our own, hmmmnnnn  

Everything that has a beginning must surely have an end. Kanu u are a golden fish out of thousands of fishes in the river, u came u did ur best n left at a desired time, ur contribitions to alot of lives cannot be over emphasised. All those young hearts u helped save will never forget u, all those that look up to u as a role model will forever have u in their hearts.
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by otondo55: 11:45am On Jun 25, 2010
Thank you so much, my hero !

i hold you to high esteem !

Your commitment to our country

and children of Africa,

May God in his infinite mercy bless you beyond measures.
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by lajjy(m): 11:54am On Jun 25, 2010
bUnCH oF iDIoTs CalLINg KANU A uSEleSs PlAyEr. WhAt HaVe YOu DoNe FoR tHe PeOpLE aROuNd U, hOw MuCH mOre YoUR lOcAL gOVerNMenT aREA.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Iyabo Abade Now James Johnson:would You Date Her/him? / Paul Pogba Look Alike Sighted In Sabo,abeokuta / Delta: Ughelli All Stars Wins Oke Umurhohwo Maiden Football Tournament

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.