Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,218 members, 7,815,257 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:43 AM

At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. (7407 Views)

Vincent Enyeama Finally Quits Unceremoniously. / Breaking News: Keshi Finally Quits Eagles’ Job / Iheanacho Quits Eagles For Man City. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by youngies(m): 11:56am On Jun 25, 2010
[size=14pt]Past and Present, King Kanu has no equal in Nigerian football. FACT!

Thank you Papillo for your service[/size]
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by Olaolufred(m): 11:59am On Jun 25, 2010
I respect KANU sooooooo much.

We still need him.

But surprising to me that our ace is going too soon.

If you ask me, I would want him to fight on.

KANU, i will love you in our shirt in 2014 & 2018.

kindly accept the appeal of an ardent fan.
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by philip0906(m): 12:00pm On Jun 25, 2010
@all
THANKS FOR YOUR COMMENTS.I APPRECIATE.ITS SAD RETIRING,BUT I JUST HAD TO DO IT.ONCE AGAIN THANK YOU ALL.
                                              signed:NWANKWO KANU alias Papilo alias philip0906
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by Iyineda(m): 12:04pm On Jun 25, 2010
So many haters running free. . .  What a shame. sad

Thank you for your successful career in Green, Kanu. All the best in the future. smiley
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jun 25, 2010
@Olaolufred

Please stop the sacarsm.  tongue

Stop hiding behind a computer screen and let know what you as a person have done or doing to make Nigeria proud of you.

We will not allow slowpokes like you come on the internet and rubbish our few true heroes.
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by ud4u: 12:10pm On Jun 25, 2010
Can anybody satisfy Nigerians, Kanu did his best when it is posssible and now he is getting old does not make him an old fool. Na mouth go kill una
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by Jencejyde(m): 12:15pm On Jun 25, 2010
harmeenut:

@ Ranosky, Pls can you repeat your questions again and in big font and I bet none of the mediocres who berates him will have no answers. It takes a successful man who have gone through hard times to appreciate another successful fellow that have gone through the same. But a failure canstigate success because he/she has never gone through the xperience before.

have you noticed those people have not posted any comment apart from the 1st page.

They should name any sport man of Generation before Kanu and his generation who can boast of Kanu's achievement both off & on the field. If I'm not mistaken, apart from Eto, Kanu is the most decorated footballer in Africa.

Shame on you Kanu's haters. In as much as you have freedom of speech & can hide under fake identity to rubish a fellow countryman, you should learn to be truthful in your analysis.

For Kanu, remember Obey Commander's song that there is nothing you can do to satisfy human beings. You have done your best. You will remain in our hearts as a true legend

God bless you so much for this quote. A man who has dedicated his life through funds and commitment to saving other peoples lives. Haba some people especially this [size=8pt][size=8pt]12large ingrate[/size][/size] are better off in asylum. Honestly, every time i see his comments, i nearly throw up. I am really restraining myself from literally and VOCALLY destroying  him but to say what he said about Kanu is PATHETIC. I wonder why the moderators have not cautioned or BANNED HIM FROM THIS FORUM. I know you 12large will see this post and i am waiting for you. You are a wasted part of the Nigerian future and don't deserve to be commenting on this forum especially in sports. Your comments are ridiculous, nonconstructive and disgusting to the eyes. You, you, you DARE open your mouth to abuse KANU. he may not be perfect as some one said and even be using a false age, but he has a good heart. He used and is still using his hard earned money to [size=8pt]SAVE LIVES.[/size] Not STEAL LIVES. Is that alone not worthy of celebration. Besides he has been described all over the world as Africa's most decorated player and you open your filthy, LovePeddler, green looking mouth to abuse him. Last time i analyzed a match some time ago ,and  you were saying all sorts of abusive words and i kept quiet. Not that i dont know how to reply you but i was just studying and watching you for sometime trying not to be hasty in my judgment. Now i see you are really a [LUNATIC MONSTER!!!!!. Reply oh, i have your time today!

GOD Bless Kanu and you will forever be a football legend in NIGERIA, AFRICA and all over THE WORLD. YOU have done well both ON and OFF THE PITCH. We thank you for being a rare kind to this generation and we wish you well in all your aspirations.
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by kaylala(m): 12:20pm On Jun 25, 2010
Long overdue,
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by Olaolufred(m): 12:25pm On Jun 25, 2010
Kanu, You are an ace.

I love you.

Even though some doubts my love.

I appreciate your great work in Green colour.

But for those who mistake truth for sarcasm,

I owe them no apology.
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jun 25, 2010
^^^As if I cares angry
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 12:38pm On Jun 25, 2010
King Kanu, at long last, now you can face the remainder of your football life on worthy projects like grassroots projects to discovery new young talents and Kanu heart foundation.

Bless you Papillo,
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by yemi2005(m): 1:03pm On Jun 25, 2010
I cann't believe You guys would dissapoint us like that
I am dissapointed in super eagles squad
shocked cool
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by Iceugwa(m): 1:31pm On Jun 25, 2010
He should have quitted far back as 2004. Thank God he has finally. Remaining yakubu, yobo and co. Kanu help our football a great deal but he losted form since 6 years ago
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jun 25, 2010
Iceugwa:

He should have quitted far back as 2004. Thank God he has finally. Remaining yakubu, yobo and co. Kanu help our football a great deal but he losted form since 6 years ago

shocked shocked shocked

Pally, please no disrepect, but work on your tenses. Sounds a bit terrible.

I quiet agreed with your point on Yak and Yobo though. wink
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by weapon2010(m): 1:38pm On Jun 25, 2010
Welldone Kanu.U did us proud.Little or no scandals linked to your name.
Posterity will judge u right.
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by deor03(m): 1:41pm On Jun 25, 2010
May God bless you Kanu and your Generations !.

Role Models are hard to find and I am happy to find one in you. You sense of patriotism and your generous heart is a blessing to this generation.
May you always find favour in the sight of GOD .

GOD BLESS YOU.

Long live Kanu
Long live Nigerian Football
Long Live The Federal Republic of Nigeria
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by efeglo(f): 1:42pm On Jun 25, 2010
Abeg my people especially those that contributed and say good about Kanu, u can say that again.  It is NOT easy as people think.
Kanu we salute you, God bless you and i hope the young players will continue from where you stopped.  People lets give honour to whom it is due.
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by Ib(f): 1:43pm On Jun 25, 2010
Kanu Nwankwo, you have made your nation proud. We the youths of Nigeria honour you. You have inspired us so much. Regardless of your educational background, you have made us smile with you, cry for joy and sit in suspense watching you do your best. Thank You.

Apart from your skills on the pitch, i personally saw that you donated about 50 fire trucks to the Lagos State fire service.

Thank you.

Nigeria is known for corruption and 419 worldwide, but you brought us pride and respect. When you played your last for Nigeria, it was the best game we played in the tournament. You gave your all, infact you were instrumental in the goal we scored.

Thank You.
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by sessy2(f): 1:47pm On Jun 25, 2010
Who cares? he wouldnt have retired naw becos na im papa get national team. he wants to grow grey hair every where before he'll retire. neway we appreciate you.
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by Pastormat(m): 1:47pm On Jun 25, 2010
Kanu as a player has served this great country, and if it is now time for him to retire, i think it is good to wish him well. Not to castigate or insult him.
Lets always learn to appreciate our heroes like we always sing it anytime we say the national anthem: " THE LABOUR OF OUR HEROES PAST, SHALL NEVER BE IN VAIN". He is a worthy ambassador of football, and he deserve an heroic exit.
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by surugede(m): 1:50pm On Jun 25, 2010
Love him or hate him. He is one of the finest Nigeria has ever produced

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/world_cup_2010/8759861.stm

Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by Iyineda(m): 1:51pm On Jun 25, 2010
Ib:

Kanu Nwankwo, you have made your nation proud. We the youths of Nigeria honour you. You have inspired us so much. Regardless of your educational background, you have made us smile with you, cry for joy and sit in suspense watching you do your best. Thank You.

Apart from your skills on the pitch, i personally saw that you donated about 50 fire trucks to the Lagos State fire service.

Thank you.

Nigeria is known for corruption and 419 worldwide, but you brought us pride and respect. When you played your last for Nigeria, it was the best game we played in the tournament. You gave your all, infact you were instrumental in the goal we scored.

Thank You.

Best post hands down.
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by smilingjee(m): 1:51pm On Jun 25, 2010
Quite a shame that even those who can't spell their names will criticize a man who selflessly served his father land well. Get a life and stop sulking.
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by Orikinla(m): 1:55pm On Jun 25, 2010
Nwankwo Kanu has served us well.
He is a role model for his faith in God, guts for success and service to humanity.
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by Ranoscky(m): 2:02pm On Jun 25, 2010
i still dey wait 4 doz sons of hell hole a$$es 2 answer my questions, but e be like say concience don dey judge dem grin
bas-tards wey no know dia left and right. fools wey be say i can even prove to dem dat, the woman dey call dia mother is not dia biological mother, but a paid a$$ hole that vommited them out of this world all b'cos dia dad is a gay. UNVALUED SOULS!!! sad sad sad
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by sirp2007: 2:16pm On Jun 25, 2010
MAY THE ALMIGHTY GOD BLESS YOU AS YOU GO INTO RETIREMENT.THE JOY YOU BROUGHT TO MILLIONS OF NIGERIANS IN YOUR PLAYING DAYS WILL NEVER DEPART FROM YOU AND YOUR GENERATION TO COME.YOU ARE A TRUE HERO,LEGEND,CHAMPION,PALADIN,ETC.
EVERY & ANYBODY CAN SAY WHAT THEY LIKE,BUT FOR ME YOU ARE THE GREATEST PLAYER TO EVER WORE NIGERIA`S JERSEY MAY GOD BLESS YOU SIR.
10 MILLION GBOSA FOR YOU.5 MILLION GUN SALUTE TOO.

those dat don`t respect achievers will never achieve anything in life,"what you respect you attract",,,mike muddock.
I believe d mindset of some kanu hater is d reason naija is experience dearth in talented players.i can`t remember when last a Nigerian won caf player award.
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by williams77(m): 2:18pm On Jun 25, 2010
kANU IS REALLY A FOOTBALL- LEGEND BOTH IN NIGERIA AND THE WORLD,FOR SURE THE PEOPLE CONDEMNING HIM ARE SENSELESS AND DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT HIS PROFILES.IF THEY THINK HE DIDN'T DO WELL THEY SHOULD START FROM WHERE HE HAS STOPPED AND WE SHALL SEE HOW FAR THEY CAN GO. WAS HE THE YAKUBU THAT LOST A CLEAR OPPORTUNITY IN A MATCH WITH SOUTH-KOREA THAT COULD HAVE SHOT US TO THE SECOND-ROUND.
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by Ranoscky(m): 2:30pm On Jun 25, 2010
^^^Dat yakubu miss goal has entered the world record can u imagine? yet some clowns dey criticise KING KANU wey be say dia 10th GENERATION no fit achieve wetin KING KANU don achieve. Even when SUNG PARK of S.KOREA was interviewed b4 the match, the only player he talked about so well, and gave his honour was KING KANU, and yet some peeps that taught football is all about kick and run come hear dey disgrace dia sef. That's why NL is their best achievement so far! sad
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by Confusion: 2:31pm On Jun 25, 2010
i want to say thank you to all the fans that have poured appreciation to me
i waant to say that i will the same and more if iam given the same opportunity to serve my fatherland
i promise to lift my leg and pass the ball
i promise to not fall down whenever i am passing the ball, its just that my true age is catching up with me, hope we will all understand as naija that we all have two age
i also promise not to impose myself on the coach again,
i promise to be passionate and motivate my teammate to advance forward and not be kungfuing other players
i will stop mafiarising

i hope that with all i have done in the field of player that nigerians will vote for me as i step forward to serve my fatherland aas the Gov of Abia State
i hope all nigerians will vote for me.

Thanks

Kaanu Wankuo
Signed
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jun 25, 2010
^^^^ you are really Confusion in Motion.

Gerraout of here!! grin
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by rubi(f): 3:00pm On Jun 25, 2010
You will always be remembered in the history of Nigerian football smiley You touched so many hearts during your tenor
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by GBT(m): 3:20pm On Jun 25, 2010
Folks it is unfair for some of us to speak ill of this lengend. He has served his fatherland dilligently and inspitee of his medical condition or age he was always ready to give his best.

His atitude can not be matched by most of the dunmbos in the team. True he probably his not coming out with his true age but as long as he can perform, even for a just half of the match and he gives his best come on he desrves comendation not condemnation.
The last match he played he was visibly the individual that made the team tick!

It is time we appreciate ourself and give the boost/support they desrve and not therwise.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Iyabo Abade Now James Johnson:would You Date Her/him? / Paul Pogba Look Alike Sighted In Sabo,abeokuta / Delta: Ughelli All Stars Wins Oke Umurhohwo Maiden Football Tournament

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.