Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,280 members, 7,815,476 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:58 PM

At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. (7409 Views)

Vincent Enyeama Finally Quits Unceremoniously. / Breaking News: Keshi Finally Quits Eagles’ Job / Iheanacho Quits Eagles For Man City. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by tayoast(m): 12:52pm On Jun 26, 2010
som gerald:

Wat of Yakubu, wen is he goin 2 quit sad

afta 2014 WC
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by randomtot(m): 1:24pm On Jun 26, 2010
[This is the problem when people dont know anything about football but just want their voice to be heard.

Abedi Pele won African footballer of the year and Champions league when Kanu didnt even know the way to Europe]

You that knows about football. Abedi won Champions league in 1993 with Marseiles. Two years (1995) later, Kanu won same with Ajax. Abedi was African footballer of the year 1993, while Kanu won African Footballer of the year 1996. It is instructive to note that Abedi Pele was the captain of the African XI that defeated Europe in 1996. But for Abacha's indescretion Kanu would have played ACN in 1996 in RSA alongside George Weah, Abedi Pele and Others.
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by 2roll(m): 1:32pm On Jun 26, 2010
when Kanu was playing for arsenal, a friend of mine in london got a discount from a shop keeper  when he got to know that my freind is from the same country with kanu.
U made football look so easy with does sublime and deft touches of urs.
Papillo!!! we are proud of you.
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by sessy2(f): 2:56pm On Jun 26, 2010
kanu's contract in ajax 5yrs they wanted to renew, kanu's contract in Arsenal 3yrs, kanu's contract in porthmouth from 1yr to 3,3 months to monthly to weekly then to pay as you play which is hourly yet Nigeria invited him to come and play world cup with Messi and Co they got the result. but im for never retire till 2018 world cup since na only him get experience at 49. Nonsence!!! embarassed
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by Kgdavid(m): 6:00pm On Jun 26, 2010
sessy2:

kanu's contract in ajax 5yrs they wanted to renew, kanu's contract in Arsenal 3yrs, kanu's contract in porthmouth from 1yr to 3,3 months to monthly to weekly then to pay as you play which is hourly yet Nigeria invited him to come and play world cup with Messi and Co they got the result. but im for never retire till 2018 world cup since na only him get experience at 49. Nonsence!!! embarassed

what is this rubbish?? so you're saying portsmouth offered Kanu a weekly contract? as in a two or three week contract? your a fool beyond measure, being paid as you play is not an hourly thing, you silly clown, it simply means that one gets paid according to the amount of time that one is fit and available to play. Kanu has never signed any monthly contract. he is currently on a one year contract extension which is the norm for professionals above 30 in the premier league. silly cow!
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by mykali(m): 6:48pm On Jun 26, 2010
well done Kanu
we will forever cherish your contributions to making Nigeria known.

and i will never forget the events of Atlanta 1996
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by sessy2(f): 10:33pm On Jun 26, 2010
@ Kgdavid looked at ur pix and dnt feel like saying anything to you at all. Rest in peace lipsrsealed
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by tayoast(m): 10:54pm On Jun 26, 2010
easy, pls
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by Kgdavid(m): 10:55pm On Jun 26, 2010
sessy2:

@ Kgdavid looked at your pix and dnt feel like saying anything to you at all. Rest in peace lipsrsealed

glad you know your betters. cow
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by member479760: 10:44am On Jun 27, 2010
He should take up a job in the high school as a PE master if he can in order to coach boys for a principal cup.
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by Ranoscky(m): 11:29am On Jun 27, 2010
Quote from sessy2: kanu's contract in ajax 5yrs they wanted to renew, kanu's contract in Arsenal 3yrs, kanu's contract in porthmouth from 1yr to 3,3 months to monthly to weekly then to pay as you play which is hourly yet Nigeria invited him to come and play world cup with Messi and Co they got the result. but im for never retire till 2018 world cup since na only him get experience at 49. Nonsence!!!

^^^Make i no go too far for u b'cos peeps like u no get value, No wonder NL is your best achievement so far! cry
where was messi when KING KANU won champions league with ajax? undecided
when KING KANU won under 17-WORL CUP in japan 93, how old was messi den? undecided
the way wey your mama dey shake her nyash (back in doz days) b4 u papa see'am for road go toast'am, shey na so your mama dey shake'am til now? undecided lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed. . .mind u, i'm not tryna beef u but i just want make u use dis way know say, as days dey go by, na so man dey grow old!. . .and in conclusive, no be how far, but how well. u get me now? wink
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by jmoore(m): 12:01pm On Jun 28, 2010
at poster, where did you get this false info?

Kanu has revealed that he never said he has retired
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by frankcj(m): 2:49pm On Jun 28, 2010
kanu u;ve done nigeria a great pride by honourably retired from inernational foot ball.you have been a great inspiration to the youth. In england kanu is highly respected.
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by Lanko0071: 3:55pm On Jun 28, 2010
3 units of 2008 corolla for sale, just 15k miles (N2.5m). Very clean, just came in from US. Also, 2004 nissan morano (N2.85, Acura TL (1.5m), and Benz E class (1.7m). Interested? call or text to 08023679519 or mail lanko2004@hotmail.com. So sorry for breaking your topic
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by Ranoscky(m): 5:54pm On Jun 28, 2010
^^^u just dey occupy all the whole last post for this forum wetin sef? sad afterall, the lanko wey u lanko since 2004 don expire for ur body, why u no manya 2010 make u see d difference? sad. . . grin grin grin just joking buddy! how biz?
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by mamagee3(f): 7:07pm On Jun 28, 2010
Kanu has done well for Nigeria but I think this retirement is coming from pressure from the fans.

We all know that if it was left to Kanu, he wouldn't retire so soon.

But anyway, I wish him best of luck in the future ahead!
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by Ranoscky(m): 8:18pm On Jun 28, 2010
^^^ grin grin grin U want make 'em grow white hair for field? grin
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by sessy2(f): 8:09pm On Jun 29, 2010
@ kgdavid its only a coward that can talk like you do.like i said earlier rest in peace dude. lipsrsealed
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by Kgdavid(m): 2:05pm On Jun 30, 2010
will you shut up u silly animal? why dont you stick to the sexuality section where no doubt you would be much more familiar with the subject matter than to come here and assault us with your ignorance?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Iyabo Abade Now James Johnson:would You Date Her/him? / Paul Pogba Look Alike Sighted In Sabo,abeokuta / Delta: Ughelli All Stars Wins Oke Umurhohwo Maiden Football Tournament

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.