Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,190 members, 7,815,146 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:12 AM

At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. (7406 Views)

Vincent Enyeama Finally Quits Unceremoniously. / Breaking News: Keshi Finally Quits Eagles’ Job / Iheanacho Quits Eagles For Man City. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by phreakabit(m): 3:28pm On Jun 25, 2010
             1992 - 2010
Well done Sir and Thank you very much
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by Olaolufred(m): 3:51pm On Jun 25, 2010
Great to know Kanu served well for 2 decades.

Delivered Japan '93  for our Nation.

Gave us the first ever Olympic Soccer Gold in Africa.

And did his best as a hero on and off the pitch.

Thanks soooooooooooooo much for your tenacity and dedication to the service of your fatherland.

Still, we need you more. God bless.

Ilungunboy, stop harrasing other members.

Don't turn NL to another House of Rep.

If moderator give you chance, you could slap someone online.

How can you tell a member to "get out of here".

Were nwayo, biko.
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by AjanleKoko: 3:53pm On Jun 25, 2010
Salute to Papillo!
He proved himself beyond any doubt as a true patriot and a lover of the modern game.
Though for some reason not able to do too much as a senior international.
We still love him anyways. wink
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by Confusion: 4:30pm On Jun 25, 2010
i will always keep my kool even when other people insult me
i have always displayed sportmanship in all i did not like some of our house of RIP members
my track record is there for all to see that,
even though i balloned a ball over the net that earn me the miss of the century
and married a beautiful gal, and have thick igbo accent but i love naija
pls i will be needing you vote when it matters

Thanks

Kaanu Wankuo
signed
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by damilola15: 5:02pm On Jun 25, 2010
Confusion:

i have always displayed sportmanship in all i did not like some of our house of RIP members

Thanks

Kaanu Wankuo
signed
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by Akwasi(m): 5:13pm On Jun 25, 2010
Nigerians should be grateful to Kanu. The guy nearly died for your country(heart problem). You should honor him rather than insult him. Let others envy 'dying' for naija.

Up naija
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by dayokanu(m): 5:17pm On Jun 25, 2010
I would now have to change my signature in honour of my ICON

KANU NWANKWO.

Papilo, dayo[b]KANU[/b] would miss you in the National Jersey cry cry cry cry cry
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by randomtot(m): 6:01pm On Jun 25, 2010
Kanu actually did his best, but too much of everything is bad i.e. he is quiting when the ovation is numbest. Abedi Pele played football alongside Kanu, but today Kanu is plating Football with Abedi's children.
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by legzyrals(m): 6:06pm On Jun 25, 2010
Nigerians let us just try to appreciate Kanu Nwankwo he has done his best for Nigeria, do urs and lets see what people will say abt u. But for me he has really tried
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by bawomolo(m): 6:12pm On Jun 25, 2010
Confusion:

Thanks

Kaanu Wankuo
signed

lol
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by dayokanu(m): 6:54pm On Jun 25, 2010
Kanu actually did his best, but too much of everything is bad i.e. he is quiting when the ovation is numbest. Abedi Pele played football alongside Kanu, but today Kanu is plating Football with Abedi's children.

This is the problem when people dont know anything about football but just want their voice to be heard.

Abedi Pele won African footballer of the year and Champions league when Kanu didnt even know the way to Europe
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by lekside44(m): 7:23pm On Jun 25, 2010
well,
wefinally have the exist of the most successful nigerian footballer. no plyer in the history of this country have made such an achievement in football. not jj okocha, not stephen keshi, not siasia, not rashidi yekini, not segun odegbami, not amunike, not obafemi martins,not,
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by Favben(m): 9:06pm On Jun 25, 2010
Kanu has been one of the best footballers in the history of african football.He have Nigeria his best and the least we can do is appreciate him.
Guy u don try,its a big thumbs up from me, one love Nigeria.
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by pappy4real(m): 9:16pm On Jun 25, 2010
kanu is not just a hero but a living legend as far as nigerian footbal is concerened. he has single handedly delivered this nation from shameful deafeat numerous times with his tactical and experienced stylish play. if some cant find any reason to appreciate him at least appreciate him for the fact that he has never lost the kind of goals and chances that fools like ayegbeni,obinna and others lost.
the guy is honurably retireing, he deserves it. ayegbeni, obinna, keita and some other fools need to be fired and bannished away from the shores of this country
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by parates(m): 9:47pm On Jun 25, 2010
the spartacus of nigerian football finally drops his sword
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by TruMantra(m): 10:23pm On Jun 25, 2010
Osaze lost my respect the day he uttered the words "oyinbo na oyinbo" in reference to Lagerback's coaching strategy. He was infering that because Lagerback is a white man, he is better at the job than a black man. What utter rubbish!

Coming from a player that was born and raised in Russia, I was completely surprised. Now he does an about face and starts to denigrate Lagerback simply because he was benched? it shows the kind of character that this young man has. Nonsense!

But, back to the topic. Thank God that there are people here that appreciate a player like Kanu who has served the nation for several years. Some ingrates on this forum are calling him names when they are unlikely to contribute even a miniscule fraction of what he has to the country in their entire lives.

Well done Kanu. I hope you get involved in football administration in Nigeria or consider coaching.
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by dayokanu(m): 10:34pm On Jun 25, 2010
cry cry cry cry

I would miss my HERO
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by kobikwelu(m): 11:15pm On Jun 25, 2010
a true servant of his country

I WILL NEVER FORGET HIS OLYMPICS ANTICS, NEVER!!!!!!

God bless your generations unborn,

you have done us proud. cry cry cry cry cry

i will miss you
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by tayoast(m): 11:18pm On Jun 25, 2010
@46. . . he tried
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by kobikwelu(m): 11:19pm On Jun 25, 2010
Nigerians should be grateful to Kanu. The guy nearly died for your country(heart problem). You should honor him rather than insult him. Let others envy 'dying' for naija.

Up naija

@akwasi
oga slow sown,
must somebody always come here to leave a sour taste in evrybody's mouth?

read your statement again,

did nigerians give him heart problem??
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by stkris(m): 11:25pm On Jun 25, 2010
yup! his 96 olympic appearance was epic. n he has done well over his career. all we can do is respect and honor his achievements.

n all the slow, low life underachievers on here running their mouths can go jump off a bridge.
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by tayoast(m): 11:27pm On Jun 25, 2010
c qweshun  cheesy
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by seyi08(m): 12:22am On Jun 26, 2010
Thanks mehn! but seriously you should nt have gone for the worldcup
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by tundekas(m): 12:36am On Jun 26, 2010
thank u king kanu for serving your fatherland.i cannot forget atlanta 96. u are a legend.we love u.
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by tundekas(m): 12:59am On Jun 26, 2010
kobikwelu:

@akwasi
oga slow sown,
must somebody always come here to leave a sour taste in evrybody's mouth?

read your statement again,

did nigerians give him heart problem??

he didnt say nigerians give him heart problem. despite he had heart problem, he went ahead and make his country proud and save the life of young people with the same ailment. dont u understand or are u just an illiterate who doesnt know what is right and wrong?
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by Nobody: 1:32am On Jun 26, 2010
what more do u expect from a man?? this guy couldnt single handedly save nigerian football, that is too big a task for any one man to perform, but the important thing is he played his part and played it WELL! he is one of the most decorated players in african footbal and has inflluenced lives across the globe, to the extent that soo many other professional footballers wanna be like him ( see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emmanuel_Adebayor and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elias_Kanu ) he has also shown his commitment to the nation off the pitch with his various humanitarian and charity works. common is it till he strips himself naked and delivers all his $$$ to ur door steps before u know he has tried for the country? yall need to umderstand that footballers of his pedigree really DO NOT need to play for their country as the pay is not anything near what they earn at their clubs, but players like kanu still remain commited to the course and understand the responsibility that comes with wearing the colours of ur nation, (unlike players like yakubu) and for this reason i think the man should be praised!, well done kanu! God be with u!
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by DrKitaun(m): 1:37am On Jun 26, 2010
One would have thought it was his death announced . . . .
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by Kgdavid(m): 2:35am On Jun 26, 2010
can anyone else remember the days not too far gone when a moment of spontaneous skill from one of our players would draw shouts of joy and awe? when last did we experience this? watching Kanu play against Korea brought a couple of cheers to my lips. what an extremely talented player, such a touch of class, he makes everything look so easy as if he was created, by God, soley to play football.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IbsiRp1nBY
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by PastorOla1: 9:42am On Jun 26, 2010
SO QUICK!!!!!! I thought he will do that when he is 80 years old
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by sley4life(m): 11:29am On Jun 26, 2010
Thnk God. I wish him the best. Yakubu, Kaita, Utaka should follow suit
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by somgerald: 12:28pm On Jun 26, 2010
Wat of Yakubu, wen is he goin 2 quit sad
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by Joezik(m): 12:45pm On Jun 26, 2010
Kanu h done more of Gud dan bad 2 9ja futbal. Dnt criticize cos he didnt retire early.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bet9ja Has Ruined My Life, I Staked With N450,000 See The Result / I Think Obafemi Martins Is A Camerounian! / Iyabo Abade Now James Johnson:would You Date Her/him?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.