Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. (7405 Views)

Vincent Enyeama Finally Quits Unceremoniously. / Breaking News: Keshi Finally Quits Eagles’ Job / Iheanacho Quits Eagles For Man City. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by asofejo(m): 2:55am On Jun 25, 2010
punch newspaper
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by Nobody: 2:59am On Jun 25, 2010
MAY GoD BLESS 9JA'S LEGEND, KANU
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by davidif: 3:29am On Jun 25, 2010
[size=28pt]KING KANU = LEGEND.

THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES (LOTS OF THEM), U ARE A LEGEND AND YOU HAVE INSPIRED LOTTTTTS OF YOUNG CHILDREN TO BE LIKE YOU IN FUTURE. THANKS FOR WHAT YOU DID FOR OUR COUNTRY AND I WISH U THE BEST IN EVERYTHING YOU DO IN FUTURE. YOU WOULD ALWAYS REMAIN THE KING. HOPE TO SEE YOU IN FOOTBALL ADMINISTRATION SOON, THOUGH. [/size]
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by cyprianjr(m): 3:45am On Jun 25, 2010
Kanu is definitely not useless. angry angry angry

He is a success story.
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by Nobody: 3:57am On Jun 25, 2010
@cyprainjr are u a car wash? I can see u washin cars, as displayed by ur profile pic.
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by Nobody: 4:13am On Jun 25, 2010
I pray kanu becomes a coach someday, he'll deffinately become d first man ever to win d WORLD CUP with an AFRICAN TEAM(9JA).
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by Nobody: 4:25am On Jun 25, 2010
i respect okocha

the retire when he was shinning with no disgrace
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by eldee(m): 4:42am On Jun 25, 2010
LEGEND!!!

Gold medalist, the only African player in England that has won everything club football has to offer.
Olympic Gold madalist . . . Kanu is Legend!!!
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by member479760: 4:43am On Jun 25, 2010
Mr. Kanu congratulation! My advice for you in case at some point you will like to work as football coach, you need to go to school and receive a conventional training, this will add value to the job, don't depend only on your professionalism.
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by mystikal(m): 4:55am On Jun 25, 2010
Thanks for your services. You have had a very brilliant career! Congrats
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by ThinIce1: 5:10am On Jun 25, 2010
I'm disappointed with some of the posts. He had a long and good career, the least we can do is wish him well. Sometimes, we're so caught in the moment that we forget everything that has happened prior.
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by eddy1977(m): 5:27am On Jun 25, 2010
God bless you Kanu.
i am sad that you choose to retire now that you are a washed up star. I wish you had quit a few years ago when you were still the golden child of Africa.
I stopped missing you long time ago.

God bless you and your familly
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by McCoy91(m): 5:28am On Jun 25, 2010
angry d guy has done his best. stop d COONING
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by Tuyis: 5:29am On Jun 25, 2010
Kaanu! Kaaanu!! Kaaanu!!! You've been a worthy ambassador for Nigeria. May God continue to bless you in whatever you do.
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by dayokanu(m): 5:36am On Jun 25, 2010
I raise my hats to the Best Nigerian footballer of all Time.

Kanu you are the greatest, No wonder your name is on my ID
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by Nobody: 5:37am On Jun 25, 2010
Ohh so that's why!!!!

I always thought it was because you were half Hausa.
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by Drenix(m): 5:53am On Jun 25, 2010
C as sum mumu dey cast kanu,evn mr wenger stil showers praises on him. 1 of african finest. PAPILO MAY U LV LONGA DAN METHUSALEM,MAY U STAND ND NEVA STUMBLE,MAY GOD BLESS U, YOUR FAMILIES ND YUR ENTIRE GENERATIONS YET UNBORN.
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by shilling(f): 6:13am On Jun 25, 2010
End of an era!!! smiley smiley
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by rasputinn(m): 6:19am On Jun 25, 2010
boooooooooooo
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by honeric01(m): 6:27am On Jun 25, 2010
Thanks for serving us well.
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by 1Emmy: 6:37am On Jun 25, 2010
@12large, learn to acknowledge good thing, Kanu has done his best for Nigeria.
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by Browser69(m): 6:58am On Jun 25, 2010
Why now Kanu? But you told us how DETERMMIINN you were to carry on. It is too early now.             Papilo you try, God will continue to bless u because u no be chop alone footballer. Thanks for KHF, you get no rival.
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by thosinebro: 7:15am On Jun 25, 2010
@12large, you must be a very ugly retarded thing that fails to appreciate excellence. Who among our super eagle team is intelligent as Kanu? Are you blind to see the glory he brought to our country while at his prime? He was superb in his last match for Nigeria against Korea despite being the oldest in the team. African most decorated player, the man who saved the life of many children through his heart foudation, a patriotic Nigerian, Kanu i remember you for your brillance on the pitch. I will miss you.
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by larimo(m): 7:26am On Jun 25, 2010
Thank you for your contribution to Nigerian football. You always answered the clarion call. You will be cherished forever by Nigerians for your patriotism and mastery of the football game. God bless you!

PS: People, responding a 12large's comments is a waste of good time and resources. He has no respect for anyone. His posts are always insultive, meaningless and without value lipsrsealed. God help him.
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by IRAPADA(m): 7:27am On Jun 25, 2010
I think that guy deserve a standing ovation frm a nigeria ftbal fan,he one of the best player africa ever produce
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by abott(m): 8:23am On Jun 25, 2010
O my dear NLanders. All dis bad mouth for Kanu Nwankwo!!!! D great one, d one last got us a junior world cup back then in 1993, played greatly in the hay days of Super Eagles to bring us an unforgettable and historic victory against Brazil in the semi-finals of Atlanta 1996 Olympics, ensured that there is a strong bond and cohesion amongst other team members, always there to answer to clarion call whenever the nation needs him, and above all contributing greatly to saving of lives of several Nigerian children.
No matter what we think, the coming of Kanu to Super Eagles has been more of good than bad, he has contributed immensely in several of our games, brought in great energy, zeal and zest, even much more than some younger wards can deliver. He remains one of my most celebrated players for Nigeria, he is inducted into the hall of fame of great Nigerian players like Rashidi Yekini, Stephen Keshi, Samson Siasia, Austin Okocha,
KANU, you are a LEGEND, the one that made me become a fan of Arsenal FC till today!!! wish you well. congrats on your successful retirement.
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by rapjunkie(m): 8:24am On Jun 25, 2010
its about time. . . . he is at lease 108 years old
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by oisehumen(m): 8:28am On Jun 25, 2010
rapjunkie:

its about time. . . . he is at lease 108 years old

Ridiculous!

Kanu tried, he did well.
he won under 17 world cup in Japan and Olympic gold medal for Nigeria.
He deserves our appreciation.
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by Nobody: 8:45am On Jun 25, 2010
Undoubtedly, Kanu is good. the big question is whether he stayed in the national team longer than necessary. I think so. Is he patriotic? Yes. Does he deserve respect? YES. Lets say a big thank you for his services and wish him well in his future endeavor.
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by bamac(m): 8:46am On Jun 25, 2010
12large:

abeg let this old fool stay till 2018 i think his experience would win us nations cup 2012 and worldcup 2014 afterall his experience have already won us 6nations cup and no goal.
chidicris when you don't respect your how can someone respect you. kanu should have quit since but he wanted his experience
hay,u cal kanu a fool, hero to nigerians,africans and even worldwide, who ar u? Because of world cup defeat,y cnt u judge a man by his previous achievements rather dan d rescent embarassment. He has done his best 4 nigeria wat av u done to a nigerian, u av also faild, u ar a fool,
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by blankees(m): 8:47am On Jun 25, 2010
Papilo, u r great, u'v done well for dis country. Rest n enjoy urself.
Re: At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. by yemmight(m): 8:48am On Jun 25, 2010
People start criticising great Kanu because of our unfortunate exit at the world, but we have forgotten his contribution so far to this country.  I can understand how pple feel but don't let us forget so soon what he has done for this country.  In addition to the glory he brought to this nation, he was the first to establish a foundation where some less priviledge sons and daugthers in this country benefitted. KING KANU, RETIRE GLOWING.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bet9ja Has Ruined My Life, I Staked With N450,000 See The Result / I Think Obafemi Martins Is A Camerounian! / Iyabo Abade Now James Johnson:would You Date Her/him?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.