Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,915 members, 7,835,061 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:51 AM

Do Long Distance Relationships Work? - Romance (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do Long Distance Relationships Work? (12923 Views)

Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. / How To Overcome The Pains Of Distance Relationships / Romantic Love Text Message And Advice For Distance Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by royalyinx(m): 8:07am On Jan 04, 2009
If both want it to work, it would , Just out your mind to it and u'd see,
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by 190: 2:33pm On Jan 04, 2009
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by dammyllare(m): 4:50pm On Jan 04, 2009
stop me from getting into one
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by Hesperus(m): 4:58pm On Jan 04, 2009
Of course, no one wishes to be in a long distance relationship, but situations arise and you have no choice. Am in one right now, and it's goin fine. We speak on phone at least 2ce a day, plus facebook chat and IM. Only diff is dat we dont see. Its not easy but totally worth it.
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by bubblegum(f): 12:12pm On Feb 07, 2009
long distance relationship works for som pple n it doesn't for others.
but it dependz!
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by CrazyMan(m): 12:18pm On Feb 07, 2009
It doesn't work; I've tried it before and believe me, I regretted fit.
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by 190: 2:43pm On Feb 07, 2009
well no comments, undecided
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by patwhizkid(f): 3:05pm On Feb 07, 2009
@ crazykid

hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

That's a true confession
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by CrazyMan(m): 12:36pm On Feb 09, 2009
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by lipsygirl(f): 5:56pm On Feb 09, 2009
well, i dont know what other feels, but it works for me. firstly, i met him on Tagged.com and we dated for two years stay as far as United States of American i only visit him just twice in year and he comes aroundonce in a year and now we are married. we got married about two months ago.

it will work for you if only you know how to pick your onions, lol smiley
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by nijaluv(m): 3:56pm On Apr 01, 2009
Hi forum,

I just want comment on this issues cos i have experience on it. It works. It all depends on the number of stories u heard before drawing conclusions. When u are in a different environment from where u grew up, you will feel the longing for home or at least people of your type. when you associate with people of different culture (the US for example), you will find out that u will have compatibility problem when it comes to marriage. From the way you communicate to what you eat even to how you reason. Marriage is not an easy thing and a lot is involved. You will find out that it is easier to get a person from your own culture or as close as to your culture as possible and there by avoiding the barrier posed to the would be relationship in the form of language etc. You will understand my point more when you find out that the English you speak here and flow with your guys is difficult for a white dude from Minneapolis, USA to understand, i am not talking about pigeon English. If u really don't wanna go through all the stress, marry from your place.

finally, of all my homies in the States who got married, 70% went back home to get married, the other 30% married a white to get green card. they eventually divorce them to marry from home (Nija). That's when u hear stories that ''he has left her for a white woman " comes up  and that's where the long distance relationship ends  and the lady that didn't hear and act on the rumor wins. But how many of our girls will believe you when u tell them that your action is a means to an end? Even the white girls (overweight ones) now know this and are now very suspicious of any guy from Africa on study visa or amnesty wanting to get into marriage with them

For a long distant relationship to work, just add a little trust and listen less to what people tell you about your guy. It may take some years but it works. smiley
megaatcraig@yahoo.com
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by cyclostoma: 6:34pm On Apr 01, 2009
It works for me, Long distance relationship works when their is consistent communication
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by cyclostoma: 6:38pm On Apr 01, 2009
It works for me, Long distance relationship works when their is consistent communication
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by yme1(f): 6:38pm On Apr 01, 2009
exactly  COMMUNICATION  is the key
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by FBS: 9:30pm On Apr 01, 2009
it does but it aint easy.
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by topup: 1:07am On Apr 02, 2009
I think I could handle a long distant relationship, especially one where I know that when it gets too much, I can just end it, and we can meet up and see each other again. However, if there is no certainty if I will see him for years and years then it starts to get scary. I personally don't think at my age that I could commit to someone. However, if we built something strong for years and then their was a long distant element,  I would tolerate it as a hope not to jeopardise the hard work gone into the relationship.

I would not dump someone because of distance unless I wasn't completely into them.

As for the poster, all the best for you two, you have something that is rare, faith and determination in the other human being. I truly hope you two meet soon so plans can be made for marriage and you can join in location.

All the best.
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by Nobody: 3:14am On Mar 29, 2011
190:

well i have spent more dan 1yr in mine,shes in abj and im in, somewhere anyway we stil have problems up til date,i am doin everythin 2 make it work but i dont think she does everythin 2 make it work from her end,all d same i get serious chick wit me steady 4 my somewher

well, at least you got to abuja sooner or later.
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by Tosinville(m): 3:18am On Mar 29, 2011
^^na now i con dey realize that dis girl no get sense.
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by Nobody: 3:39am On Mar 29, 2011
^^are you a tranny?

you dodged the question on the other thread.
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by thaiwujis(f): 12:47pm On Sep 16, 2011
Hey Poster,
I like the topic that's why i decided to cheap in some of my word and what i have seen and experienced. Long distance relationship(s) do work for some people, but it depends on the parties involved. Some do crash why some work very well and they get married and leave happy. while some are nothing to write home about. if you really feel something strong and natural go for her. What if she's not what okay physically (handi, ) and you are ? take care love you all ,
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by Dive(f): 9:30am On Sep 17, 2011
long relationship sucks!!!!!
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by presido72: 7:32am On Oct 22, 2011
Hi to all,

Tony4k you are the man.
and to all, distance relationship in a nut shell can work, and it does work but for the true lovers not for the emotional crazy guys and gals we have today.
people are no longer truthful to themselves anymore. most guys and gals today only define love by the touch and feel game refered to love, and most give it a name ' intimate ' and when they want to justify it they say 'not necessarily sex'.

Distance relationship work for those whose yes is yes and no is no, who before they say 'I LOVE YOU' have really considered it and meant it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Don’t Propose To A Woman In Public If You’re Not Sure She Loves You(photo) / Should I Text My Ex And Tell Him I Miss Him – I Need Answers / ~How Many Boyfriends/Galfriends Do You Have?~

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.