Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

Do Long Distance Relationships Work? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do Long Distance Relationships Work? (12920 Views)

Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. / How To Overcome The Pains Of Distance Relationships / Romantic Love Text Message And Advice For Distance Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by Pinky(f): 7:58pm On Jun 15, 2005
tony4k:

The sad thing is that, the fire with which we started and move with is gradually dying. All the same, we still pray to meet soon and decide.

now u see, u re creating problems witht he distance, the heart is nt fond of it anymore...
but menn i must commend u.. u re one in a million in this world who would do such a thing.. u seem to be doing good. my advice is that u guys should hasten up the whole process of seeing ! so u will be sure of wat u re doing...have a blessed relationship
am more than impressed with u
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by Hndholder(m): 8:23am On Jun 16, 2005
That is not the point. If u discover nko, What will u do. So many do have man-friend just to have enough when getting ready for society marriage. No love if there is no contacts. Na long throat dey make person wait for 5 years not love. Love thinks of only what benefits the other not what can I benefit from her or him. You are waiting for dollars then not love.
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by cletuskpelle(m): 8:47am On Jun 16, 2005
I believe you're joking. What of finally meeting one ugly witch at the end of your long wait. Pictures can be deceitful.
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by IAH(f): 9:42pm On Jun 16, 2005
cletuskpelle:

I believe you're joking. What of finally meeting one ugly witch at the end of your long wait. Pictures can be deceitful.

True talk, bro.
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by love4ever(f): 2:42pm On Jun 17, 2005
hey he is not going to meet an ugly with you guys better mind your own business anyways he said he loves the gal and calls her his g.f and that is it for him all gal dey preety ohhh make una carry una mouth go put for one place. sad
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by legs(f): 5:28pm On Jun 17, 2005
na wah o! why all this aggression?
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by funmibaby(f): 7:41pm On Jun 18, 2005
I've actually done something similar to this.  ours was for about 3 years.  I don't know if I can say we met online but we met through a friend, but we had never seen each other and didn't do so until 3 years after.  I was committed to him and he to me.  We'd talk every day, sometimes even two, three times a day, and sent pics anand everything back and forth.  I did consider him my boyfriend and vice versa.  I knew his family and spoke to them often and he knew mine. My people here were even convinced that he was the man i was going to marry cuz we were always in constant connection. However when we met and things became more real, everything just started to change.   See you guys relationship is stable now, and normal for you is not having each other around, once that dynamic changes, then the real challenge will start.
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by Pinky(f): 8:23pm On Jun 18, 2005
funmibaby:

See you guys relationship is stable now, and normal for you is not having each other around, once that dynamic changes, then the real challenge will start.
have u heard now? so shift base o!! u guys should find ur sqaure roots...
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by shaggy: 10:58am On Jun 20, 2005
anyway, it doesn't work sometimes for those who have not met 4 the first time. it can also work 4 those who have met and understand each other.
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by 2Sweet1(f): 12:23pm On Jun 21, 2005
it does work, with the advent of internet and phones, communication has been made easy.
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by Angelgal(f): 5:06pm On Jun 21, 2005
It does work when you get to SEE and be with each other.

The advent of the internet and GSM phones also tends to help when parted hence the distance thing.

But when you have not actually seen each other and rely only on your imagination (pictures not withstanding) chances are that it may not last. Pictures can never reveal what it's like to be with the person for real.
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by Greatpeter(m): 2:10pm On Jun 24, 2005
Distant relationship can work. It depends on the understanding and maturity btw both of you.
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by Nobody: 1:15am On Jul 07, 2005
my guy come wat do u mean virtual friend,hope u still get urself sha.someone uve not even met and its over 5yrs look bro wakeup from spell or trance.I even tot u were talkin abt d case of when one party travels and they r still in touch.
well if its dat case i'll say just dont stop communicatin cos it has alot to do.
U guys shuldntstop communicatin.
pis out
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by hopy2005(f): 1:41pm On Jul 08, 2005
disadvantage on long time relationship, is that if both party do not have believe them selves, it lories one into sin by the time u might realises it , it might be too late. that is to say, it might not work, co's life is dynamic.

Secondly, it might work when you looked at it in the biblical way, co's distance is not a barrier to what God is about to do, that is to say if God has destined the person for u no matter how long the relationship has lasted it will still come to pass.

Man might propose but God has the final word.
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by Motee(f): 5:41pm On Jul 08, 2005
It works but sometimes it is a big risk.
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by Kenya(f): 9:58am On Jul 09, 2005
It's different for everyone. I tried it once and it was very different for me and I didn't handle it so well.
My situation was that we met in person and hung out and bonded, we were together all of the time or talking. Then he moved to another state. We still talked and made plans to see each other.

It didn't last that long because the patience wasn't there and the anticipation over took the relationship. I wanted the physical bond we had because I was already used to it. I couldn't see him when I wanted nor talk with him when I needed too and the same for him. Then the phone bill became a problem sometimes for both of us. I used a computer he didn't. He needed emotional security in certain ways that I wasn't able to give because I was tired. We lived in different time zones., our work hours were different. When I'm sleeping he's at work and vice  versa, It was crazy for a while.

He wanted me to move where he lived. I was afraid because I didn't have family or friends there and have only known him for a year so I could not place all of my trust in that situation just yet. Trust issues came up. We both didn't truly know what was going on with each other because we couldn't see for our selves. He would accuse me, I would thin him  but didn't say. We tried to get it together but we didn't give it enough time. But like I said it's different for everyone. I'm glad we talked on the phone for a while because I was able to deal with his mind more than emotions and I was able to see allot of more things clearer and found out that he was not who I wanted nor needed to be with in the long run.

So there's good and bad to it but you have to weigh it out for yourself and figure out what you want and how does this person fit into your life and you fit into their's. It could work. People get married to strangers all of the time and live for the rest of their lives. Pre arranged marriages. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

It's always a gamble because we never really know
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by kazey(m): 10:58am On Jul 09, 2005
Kenya:

It's always a gamble because we never really know

Good point.

Its not easy. Didnt work for me sad . But that doesnt mean i wasnt mature enough, My maturity then was, understanding the lady, that it was not going to work. And with time, I began to see that she was right, about her stance in the Relationship. Mind you understanding and knowing something is right is two different things. You might understand someones stance on something but you might not believe that stance. But accomodation it, is the most crucial part. thats Maturity i think wink
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by nike4luv(f): 6:12pm On Jul 27, 2005
Nuffing is wrong wit long distance relationship..its kinda fun though, but depends on what kinda pple are involved, dey miss eachother during dat time innit and can cause one of dem to cheat on de other cos dey aint "getting it"(if u kno wot i mean)
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by Latoya(f): 1:13pm On Jul 28, 2005
Long distance relationships does work.all u need is TRUST,GOD,and COMMUNICATION.
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by nike4luv(f): 1:30pm On Jul 28, 2005
damn rite gurl
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by twinkledew(f): 1:43pm On Jul 28, 2005
first of all i wll ask what is keeping both of u away. cant she come down to see u or cant u go and see her what are ya waiting for in. anyway i have had a long distance relationship b4 and it did not work out for too long. guess that was due to one person communicating all the time, as long as there is flow of two way communication, love and trust eachother i believe it will work out for good for the both of ya.
After me first long distance relationship i said i was not going to date or have any long distance relationship again but i am in one now. u do not know who, where and when u fall in love with someone. i am not regreting neither wld i in future. its good to take chances and i am loving every moment of this relationship.
i have not met me bloke b4 but hopefully i wld be meeting him this september when he comes for me graduation. i hope grin. it wld be good if u both see eathother. But me boy friend told me this morning not to advice anyone to have a longdistance relationship becos its really hard.
Me cutie boo i love u so much and i wld not stop loving ya. kiss
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by twinkledew(f): 1:45pm On Jul 28, 2005
but long distance cost money tho, but i am not complaining cutie boo.lol wink
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by Latoya(f): 6:08am On Jul 29, 2005
hhhhmmmm long distance.... rolleyes i guess it works.All you have to do is Believe in yourself,trust the girl and yourself and keep in touch over the fone,mails,anything.... and you shuld be alright.
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by nike4luv(f): 2:19pm On Jul 29, 2005
but u cant really see wots going on can u?
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by Latoya(f): 1:54pm On Jul 30, 2005
u cant see what is going on, that is the more reason u have to TRUST
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by nike4luv(f): 1:57pm On Jul 30, 2005
but u think u can trust in any1?
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by Latoya(f): 2:39pm On Jul 30, 2005
yea you can Trust somebody despite it is hard and all but i think that is what a relationship shuld be based on..."trust" because there is no point feelin insecure about yourselves.
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by nike4luv(f): 3:33pm On Jul 30, 2005
o wel..i hav to agree wit u..too persuasuive wink
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by Latoya(f): 4:05pm On Jul 30, 2005
That more like me cool cool rolleyes
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by nike4luv(f): 6:31pm On Jul 30, 2005
o wel..aye aye grin
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by Latoya(f): 4:01am On Aug 01, 2005
hey Nike what is the meaning of aye aye
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by nike4luv(f): 11:09am On Aug 01, 2005
aye aye is like ok or owel or i hear u..do u watch spongebob..lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Help; I think My Boyfriend is Exploiting My Body (picture) / Do I Disvirgin Her With A Condom On? / Don’t Propose To A Woman In Public If You’re Not Sure She Loves You(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.