Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,172 members, 7,815,104 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:21 AM

Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years - Sports (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years (13917 Views)

Poll: do you support this?

it's a good decision: 59% (92 votes)
it's a bad decision: 40% (62 votes)
This poll has ended

FIFA's Verdict:Bans Nigeria From All Football-Related Activity-Incuding Clubs / Vincent Enyeama Considering his Retirement from International football / FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by topatee: 12:32pm On Jul 01, 2010
NO capital no, I resfuse to take that analogy, This situation is like JOHNBULL in our nursery rhyme ''Johnbul my son I sent you to school you dont know how to spell your name'' Your kid is preparing to take WAEC and he cant spell his name He needs a brain surgery angry
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by opuro(m): 12:37pm On Jul 01, 2010
topatee:

ori bibe (cutting d head)
ko loogun (is not the prescription)
ori fifo ( to Headache)
This simply means you don’t behead a man to solve his headache, but sometimes to avoid waste oribibe can become the solution, you don’t know how far Nigerian can go to perpetuate atrocities, madam Akinyuli did Oribibe to save Nigerian from the cabal, think about it

when at times you have this bad head aches, you u should not rely on parastamol something like DAGA or ALABUKUN Should be applied.
nff abi nfa problem don pass phensic issue everybodi knows. but that should not have make the presido go gaga.
he would have just send his police dog[efcc, icpc] etc to them in the glass house
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by DivineR: 12:41pm On Jul 01, 2010
Men’s forum I hate this game!!! angry, oh what are mine doing here? I Runnnnnn!!!!!!!!
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by EzeUche(m): 12:50pm On Jul 01, 2010
The Nigerians who are supporting this are some fools BIG FOOLS!

You don't ban a team from competing when you are trying to improve the team.

Shouldn't he be worrying about going after corrupt officials?

Shouldn't he be worrying about NEPA?

Dis guy dun lost his mind. He angers me each passing day. He is not for change, but the status quo. Give me Pat Utomi for President.
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jul 01, 2010
EzeUche:

Dis guy dun lost his mind. He angers me each passing day. He is not for change, but the status quo. Give me Pat Utomi for President.

The problem with Nigerians is that they are used to doing things exactly opposite the way the rest of the world does it.
How can anyone justify this grand madness by GJ

Jonathan should direct the ministry of sports to revamp the NFF, and make sure they use REAL U-17 and U-21 for fifa age-grade competitions

then there will be natural progression to the senior national team

He has no business banning international soccer when he hasnt delivered on any of the pressing problems facing Nigeria.

Let him deliver constant electricity then i will take him seriously.
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by otokx(m): 1:05pm On Jul 01, 2010
Are we sure GJ did this?
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by bsanya(f): 1:18pm On Jul 01, 2010
This is a welcoe idea,
Those "SUPER EAGLES" ar just big 4 noting,
BRAVO, MR PRESIDENT,
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by galatico(m): 1:19pm On Jul 01, 2010
I beleive it's a good desicion by the President to ban our national team after there disgraceful outing .
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by Meldrick(m): 1:22pm On Jul 01, 2010
The President has made a good decision and I think FIFA has no reason to stop governments of nations from meddling into their country's football activities. The Super Eagles get their funding from the Federal Government and the government cannot keep spending money when they don't get quality football. Iam surprised at people shifting the blame from the Super Eagles. The Federal Government provided them with everything they needed and I see no reason why they couldn't deliver. The suspension from the President is best since it will give them time to get fresh legs and not tired legs like Aiyegbeni who saw an empty net and couldn't score. That's more like a man who has been cursed.
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by Kabikala(m): 1:32pm On Jul 01, 2010
Mr Jona must have been high on something when he took that decision.
I expect sanity to return when the effect of whatever illicit substance he took must have worn off. Then he will return to his senses, reverse this moronic decision, and apologize to us all.
Or else he should be certified mad and consigned to a mental asylum immediately.
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by beeke(m): 2:10pm On Jul 01, 2010
EzeUche:

I think u are the biggest of all fools for calling those in favor of the ban fools why cant you respect other peoples views on a topic like this

otokx:

Are we sure GJ did this?

Yes he did it and let me give you some clue on why he did this

The entire NFF members were hiding under some FIFA regulations to syphone money to there private pocket becos they know that the govt cant interfere in football matters and mind you that over 90% of NFF members are there not for the love of the game but for money {get rich quick}. and with the forth coming election in august all the NFF exco members want to sit tight in their position to continue the looting and govt who constantly funds NFF are tired of the present exco board hence the want a change in leadership, but they cant step down or bury their taste to return themselves in office, so the govt knowing that the are no way out of this dilemma resorted to this actions. and FIFA can not wake up 2moro and ban Nigeria becos there will certainly be some time to negotiate with the nigerian govt before any sanction from FIFA.  for those comparing this action to the one of abacha in 1996 i will beg to disagree because in the days of abacha nigeria qualified for the event in SA'96 but for political reason abacha refused to let the SE go to SA'96 but in this case govt is withdrawing from any int' football even though i know that this ban will not last more than two months this is just a plan to stop the present NFF from contesting in the forth coming election bet me after the august election govt will write to FIFA for re-admission
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by Kennyblues(m): 2:18pm On Jul 01, 2010
beeke:

I think u are the biggest of all fools for calling those in favor of the ban fools why cant you respect other peoples views on a topic like this

The entire NFF members were hiding under some FIFA regulations to syphone money to there private pocket becos they know that the govt cant interfere in football matters and mind you that over 90% of NFF members are there not for the love of the game but for money {get rich quick}. and with the forth coming election in august all the NFF exco members want to sit tight in their position to continue the looting and govt who constantly funds NFF are tired of the present exco board hence the want a change in leadership, but they cant step down or bury their taste to return themselves in office, so the govt knowing that the are no way out of this dilemma resorted to this actions. and FIFA can not wake up 2moro and ban Nigeria becos there will certainly be some time to negotiate with the nigerian govt before any sanction from FIFA. for those comparing this action to the one of abacha in 1996 i will beg to disagree because in the days of abacha nigeria qualified for the event in SA'96 but for political reason abacha refused to let the SE go to SA'96 but in this case govt is withdrawing from any int' football even though i know that this ban will not last more than two months this is just a plan to stop the present NFF from contesting in the forth coming election bet me after the august election govt will write to FIFA for re-admission

Good Talk. Gbam smiley smiley smiley
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by beeke(m): 2:39pm On Jul 01, 2010
Meldrick:

The President has made a good decision and I think FIFA has no reason to stop governments of nations from meddling into their country's football activities. The Super Eagles get their funding from the Federal Government and the government cannot keep spending money when they don't get quality football. Iam surprised at people shifting the blame from the Super Eagles. The Federal Government provided them with everything they needed and I see no reason why they couldn't deliver. The suspension from the President is best since it will give them time to get fresh legs and not tired legs like Aiyegbeni who saw an empty net and couldn't score. That's more like a man who has been cursed.

God bless you Meldrick for this contribution, please show me any business minded person who will continue to fund an organization without a positive result, why cant our NFF initiate one or two projects that will generate money instead they sit and wait for govt money why wont the govt ask questions on how they money is been spent
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by MeGaStReEt: 2:51pm On Jul 01, 2010
from skysports.com

http://www.skysports.com/football/world-cup-2010/story/0,27032,12025_6240446,00.html

Maingot said: "The worst sanction available is that a national association can be expelled but this is not related to either of the two cases.

"In terms of Nigeria we have received official information from their government.

"We are looking at both cases. Fifa has a very clear position on political interference but it is premature to speak further about either case."

I think there is no cause for alarm yet,
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by seunspice(m): 2:58pm On Jul 01, 2010
i might be wrong in my presumption but i believe that the ban is more aimed at the idiots at the NFF than the teams. The government is really interested in having a look at the cash records of the NFF amongst other things.
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jul 01, 2010
No you are not wrong
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by oge4real(f): 3:33pm On Jul 01, 2010
Who cares?
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jul 01, 2010
"We are looking at both cases," Fifa's communications director Nicolas Maingot said.

"In terms of Nigeria we have received official information from their government.

"The worst sanction available is that a national association can be expelled but this is not related to either of the two cases."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/world_cup_2010/8780028.stm
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by erinolu(m): 3:50pm On Jul 01, 2010
If FIFA does not respect our National Decisions, then FIFA should take over finacial running of NFF, Local Leagues, football administration and international matches.

FIFA needs to review its no political interference stand, as it has not been able to put in place structures that addresses, bad administration and corruption.

We need to clean our house and FIFA has to accept this, else FIFA should take over finacial responsibilities of our football admins
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by Princek12(m): 4:14pm On Jul 01, 2010
We need a long term, sustainable solution to the footblall crisis in Nigeria, and withdrawing the National team from participating is not the answer. If the Feds were agitated about the funds it spent on the NFF, it should have stopped funding the NFF, so NFF members will have no money to loot, which will invariably discourage those who don't love the game from running for a position in the NFF.

We should seek funding from the privacy sector, so that NFF can be independent from government. The NFF administration will have to lobby for fund from the private sector, proceeds that will be placed in an escrow account monitored by an independent agency. All this measures will guarantee sustainability.
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by sleeksolo: 4:17pm On Jul 01, 2010
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by Princek12(m): 4:17pm On Jul 01, 2010
beeke:

The entire NFF members were hiding under some FIFA regulations to syphone money to there private pocket becos they know that the govt cant interfere in football matters and mind you that over 90% of NFF members are there not for the love of the game but for money {get rich quick}. and with the forth coming election in august all the NFF exco members want to sit tight in their position to continue the looting and govt who constantly funds NFF are tired of the present exco board hence the want a change in leadership, but they cant step down or bury their taste to return themselves in office, so the govt knowing that the are no way out of this dilemma resorted to this actions. and FIFA can not wake up 2moro and ban Nigeria becos there will certainly be some time to negotiate with the nigerian govt before any sanction from FIFA.  for those comparing this action to the one of abacha in 1996 i will beg to disagree because in the days of abacha nigeria qualified for the event in SA'96 but for political reason abacha refused to let the SE go to SA'96 but in this case govt is withdrawing from any int' football even though i know that this ban will not last more than two months this is just a plan to stop the present NFF from contesting in the forth coming election bet me after the august election govt will write to FIFA for re-admission

I concur with the other guy--those who are supporting the ban are all fools, big fools for that matter. How can you develop a team that is not allowed to participate in international competitions? Why don't you disband the NFF administration, since they are the root of the problems? If there is a problem, you diagnose the problem and fix it. Now tell me, was participating in international competitions the problem?
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by Tobbey(m): 4:20pm On Jul 01, 2010
ds is a rite decision by d president, by bannin d fukin country frm wasti our money , nice one
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by Princek12(m): 4:23pm On Jul 01, 2010
Meldrick:

So according to your logic, it is permissive for the president of the country to appoint the coach and players. Did the Fed Govt. provide the NFF with everything they needed or provided the Eagles with everything they needed? So what is the problem? And if you diagnose the problem, how do you fix it?
Please think with your brain, not with your emotions.
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by tunku(m): 4:35pm On Jul 01, 2010
Prince if you disband the NFF you get banned anyways. This was a preemptive move by the President that cut off Fifa at the knees in order to get rid of the corrupt NFF. Don't you idiots understand? If the NFF is to be disbanded Nigeria would have been banned anyway.
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by waledoy(m): 4:52pm On Jul 01, 2010
when FIFA add their own sanction Nigeria will be out of international football for more than 4 years means we will miss out next Nations cup and world cup . . .dis guy is dumbo!
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jul 01, 2010
I still don't understand why some people are supporting the ban from international football. How are you going to develop an experienced and internationally sound team if you don't participate in international games and friendlies? The Govt. can deal with NFF so that the excos will be forced to resign and competent excos would be elected to run the glass house coupled with the probing of NFF's expenditures by EFCC
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jul 01, 2010
I read some comments here of the people who said, “Oh my God, we are in for FIFA trouble, and does the government knows the implication of its action,” Some say those in support of the ban are fool and I laugh at that, yes government already knows full well FIFA’s rules and regulations with regards to the so-called government intervention.
The unfortunate problem is that many people who comments about the government plausible action against NFF administration are ill-informed, even though they may be educated. Any action good or bad by any government to restructure any FA board by FIFA rules is strictly prohibited, and attracts immediate bans until FIFA is satisfied that FA boards is free of government “political interference.”
It was against this backdrop that Government took the bull by its horn by making any ban against Nigeria by the bluffing FIFA irrelevant and of no value because of its decision to restructure the nation’s FA board. Unfortunately, FIFA would impose the same ban regardless of how the government goes about it, because those criminals elements at NFF knows FIFA status, and would immediately cry “interference” and the country would be banned and will remained banned until government is forced to return back to power the same corrupt criminal elements back to their normal looting positions, so you are left with the option of ignoring the problem, or risk sanctions trying to fix the problem.

It is not news that NFF is the most corrupt body in Nigeria today. But, while James Ibori is on the run, NFF criminal elements are classified as “untouchable criminals” by FIFA rules and granted the power to remain in power at their own leisure and convenient, and the government have no choice but to let the rot and corruption continue because any legitimate action by government will be considered “political interference.”
Amodu was sacked three months to the world cup. A failed Swedish coach who could not qualify his own country was hired to lead the country to world cup, he failed, and without even reviewing the man’s abysmal performance, he was immediately rewarded with four years contract. No question asked as to why he obtained the worst results Eagles ever had. The same NFF could not arrange any friendly that was reliable. The story goes this way, Nigeria is playing Columbia tomorrow, by tomorrow it is no longer Columbia, and it could be Saudi Arabia. We are playing at Elis park stadium tomorrow, when tomorrow comes, we are sorry to announce a change in venue. Even time of soccer kickoff NFF do not know. It was the same NFF that chartered the faulty plane that developed engine problem before takeoff, it was this government that brought a plane from Nigeria at tax payer’s expenses to rescue our Eagles, and flew them safely to South Africa. Lest we forget the incidence of hotel accommodation drama all by NFF, and it was this same government that was forced to set up a presidential task force to help get accommodation for the Eagles.
You have to be mentally sick to accept this abnormal NFF behavior as acceptable. You have to be mentally inferior and shameless to accept these barbaric and primitive actions of NFF. People without personal or national pride will be condemning the action of the “right thinking and decision” of this government against NFF. But, I am not overly surprised by the high level of ignorant and the low level of enlightenments we face as citizen of this backward thinking country when people are constantly caught up with primitive and primordial sentiments, instead of critically looking at issues the way it should be seen and be evaluated.
Dr. Jonathan action is intellectually plausible and very commendable because primitive elements has ruined and run down everything in Nigeria. May be we have arrive at the time of intellectual age in Nigeria. I know it will take millennium before these primitive clowns get the message. Any attempt to try to get them out of their dark thinking minds may be an exercise in futility. Jesus said, “Light came into the world but men love darkness instead of light.” I think, this describe the behavior and reaction of those who questions why we need a new path in our football administration. NFF is corrupt, arrogant, and ineffective; this action by Dr. Jonathan is only light at the end of the tunnel.
We are tired of primitive Nigeria; we want advanced and civilized thinking Nigerians in charge of every area of our lives. Primitive elements like Bankole, Ogunjobi, Lulu and IBB do not have the intellectual and moral power to advance our cause. I will suggest the president also ban the likes of IBB from politics if he had the power but regrettably the President doesnt have such powers. We need sanity to return in system by doing away with many of these backward evil men like IBB and his likes in NFF. A monkey can’t see beyond his noise. It is what it is. Good action Dr. Jonathan. Maybe at last we have arrived at the time of real intellectual age. You will definitely lead this country to the promised land. Jonathan our Joshua of old!
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by mrofficial(m): 6:16pm On Jul 01, 2010
Now he will be able to focus on other sectors. FIFA, I can't wait please, add 10 years ban.
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by tkb417(m): 6:34pm On Jul 01, 2010
i just want him to explain why the U17 male and female, U 20 male, U 19 female, Falcons will suffer from his stupid ban

so i wont watch football cos of his own aggro with Sani Lulu

when he eventually leaves power after 8 years, my lawyer will slam him with a 10 count charge in one of the high courts in Lagos

he berra be prepared to settle me with millions cos he'll be ruined by the time the case is completed

ewu!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by mrofficial(m): 6:41pm On Jul 01, 2010
tkb417:

i just want him to explain why the U17 male and female, U 20 male, U 19 female, Falcons will suffer from his silly ban

so i wont watch football cos of his own aggro with Sani Lulu

when he eventually leaves power after 8 years, my lawyer will slam him with a 10 count charge in one of the high courts in Lagos

he berra be prepared to settle me with millions cos he'll be ruined by the time the case is completed

ewu!!!!!!!!!!

Don't worry, Premier league and other leagues are on the way.
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by tkb417(m): 6:49pm On Jul 01, 2010
mr.official:

Don't worry, Premier league and other leagues are on the way.

no
ma favourite teams are Golden Eaglets and the flying eagles

so ill have to wait for 2 years cos of this man

e be like say this man wan lose election grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Samson Siasia Unveils Gandoki As The Official Comedian To The Dream Team VI / AFCON Qualifier: Super Eagles Apologizes To Nigerians For Failure / Senegal Vs Gambia : AFCON 2023 (3 - 0) On 15th January 2024

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.