Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,290 members, 7,815,498 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:29 PM

Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years (13919 Views)

Poll: do you support this?

it's a good decision: 59% (92 votes)
it's a bad decision: 40% (62 votes)
This poll has ended

FIFA's Verdict:Bans Nigeria From All Football-Related Activity-Incuding Clubs / Vincent Enyeama Considering his Retirement from International football / FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by OAM4J: 6:15pm On Jun 30, 2010
What?   shocked shocked shocked

Wahala dey o !
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by miqos02(m): 6:17pm On Jun 30, 2010
Oya fifa ban naija sharp shap
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by SSaemoenl(m): 6:20pm On Jun 30, 2010
Fifa cannot allow government intervention in sports administration, He did that to pave way to sack all the officials of NFA, NFF, HIV and even AIDS in the system. cool
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by tkb417(m): 6:25pm On Jun 30, 2010
Builder:

this is just the best thing that country needs, im happy he was advised my a commision which includes okocha, odegbami and fashanu, i hope this ban includes other sport and their managements , afterall Ghana did the same thing and we can see the results , Good job mr Goodluck
when did Ghana ban international football
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by mykali(m): 6:27pm On Jun 30, 2010
A FIFA ban is very imminent.
but if this move will sanitize the NFF, i'm all for it
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by mbulela: 6:30pm On Jun 30, 2010
brilliant idiots!!!!
Blatter, kindly slam my dear nation with an indefinite ban.we deserve it.
Every nation gets the football federation that it deserves.
NFF can not be anything different from the Nigerian society.
Any different expectation is delusional.
mykali:

A FIFA ban is very imminent.
but if this move will sanitize the NFF, i'm all for it
how can it sanitize NFF?
Are you kidding me?
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by truly: 6:32pm On Jun 30, 2010
mikeansy:

But the govt. has a duty to start from somewhere!!!!!!
It should start by giving us the power sector masterplan he promised
That is much more important than this wrong-headed idea
And talking about SiaSia, Lulu, NFF corruption
Is corruption not a way of life in government - we know - but 2 years to reorganise sports?
Ok. Let him tell us what we/he will be doing in those 2 years

And you get better in sports by competing, not by withdrawing into a shell
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by frankoko(m): 6:33pm On Jun 30, 2010
tkb417:

Yes oh Ghana did this same thing in the 80's after they won one of the nations cup

check it out!
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by bgees(m): 6:33pm On Jun 30, 2010
I think this move is really dumb. Are the players really the problem? If Jonathan had any sense he should have sacked every member of the NFF. Jonathan is not getting his priorities right.
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jun 30, 2010
Brazil is very much as corrupt as Nigeria.

Even during the worst days of corruption in Brazil, football triumphed and their local league created an industry which gave young people hope aside the failure of politics.

So Nigeria can do the same.
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by tkb417(m): 6:37pm On Jun 30, 2010
i havent heard where a leper complains of a numb thumb

what difference does it make if he cuts the numb thumb?

he is a leper

Jonathan has just shown he is a dumb ass

how does a blanket ban improve ur footie when u come back after say 6 years when the people that will still be at the helm of affairs will still be Nigerians

are we gonna give our football to oyinbos to run for us?

maybe England shd ban football too cos they were poor at the mundial

dimwits
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by frankoko(m): 6:37pm On Jun 30, 2010
tkb417:

i love you to also include Larry Izamoje as he is one of the spokesmen of the committee here and its a good decision to ban the NFF if not they will ruin our football for another four years, the GFA have been true to themselves and to Ghanaians unlike the NFF full of thieves , even if they stop at this quarter final stage they are also a part of African history, they become the third African team to get there, Nigeria cannot not boost of that but belive me we have bigger names than Ghana, for me its good riddance to bad rubbish, lol
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by Chiddysville(m): 6:39pm On Jun 30, 2010
I think this move is really dumb. Are the players really the problem? If Jonathan had any sense he should have sacked every member of the NFF.

A case of pot calling kettle black grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by kazman7(m): 6:39pm On Jun 30, 2010
jonathan wan turn Nigeria to fuji house of commotion,make the guy first sack the national assembly,the nigerian police,the ministry of water resources and, em,em, i will be back
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by tkb417(m): 6:44pm On Jun 30, 2010
kazman7:

jonathan wan turn Nigeria to fuji house of commotion,make the guy first sack the national assembly,the nigerian police,the ministry of water resources and, em,em, i will be back
lets assume hes a product of the rubbish system and he wants to be a hypocrite
why not ban sports cos tennis, basketball, handball, table tennis are all rubbish compared to where we were years back
why focus on football
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by adconline(m): 6:45pm On Jun 30, 2010
But the govt. has a duty to start from somewhere!!!!!!

does NFF put food on our table. FIFA ban is on the corner. This decision will further worsen the situation. The point is that these so called players are not good. NFA to NFF, no difference, just like NEPA to PHCN, Hilton to Transcorp Hilton.
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by bgees(m): 6:45pm On Jun 30, 2010
Chiddysville:

A case of pot calling kettle black grin grin grin

can u explain yourself?
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by princekevo(m): 6:50pm On Jun 30, 2010
LOL !!!grin grin. Nigeria is really in confused state to the extent we don't even know the solution to our problem anymore.
Please to me how can a doctor inject AIDS as an antidote for malaria. Why do we need to send the country's football into grave jst becoz  we need to dissolve some corrupt fools?
Jonathan seems to be confused more than i thought. Why ban Nigerian football for 2years, while a serious and genuine investigation on NFF alone will send their corrupt A$$ packing?
The fools think FIFA will listen to any of their excuses?
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by Stevo30: 6:52pm On Jun 30, 2010
This Jonathan and hi advisers are mumus. Simple send efcc after those in glass house, stop funding football. If fifa like let them fund NFF to any tournament. Fifa would ban nigeria for atleast two years in addition the two years. This would be a total waste of a generation of footballers. May be 2018 again before nigeria's name is heard in international football circle
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by tkb417(m): 6:54pm On Jun 30, 2010
princekevo:

LOL !!!grin grin. Nigeria is really in confused state to the extent we don't even know the solution to our problem anymore.
Please to me how can a doctor inject AIDS as an antidote for malaria. Why do we need to send the country's football into grave jst becoz  we need to dissolve some corrupt fools?
Jonathan seems to be confused more than i thought. Why ban Nigerian football for 2years, while a serious and genuine investigation on NFF alone will send their corrupt A$$ packing?
The fools think FIFA will listen to any of their excuses?
i think its absolute madness, incredible and unbelievable someone can ban football cos u feel some admin people are not doing their work

i will not vote for this man
NEVER cos he'll ban tertiary education when ASUU peeps start their wahala
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by bgees(m): 6:56pm On Jun 30, 2010
Don't vote him. Who tell u say your vote count?
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by Rastamann: 6:59pm On Jun 30, 2010
tell me something

is football not a reflection of the decay in Nigeria?

he shd ban PHCN too cos we havent seen improvements since independence

how do u ban football cos u wanna get rid of NFF

isnt that dumb?

True talk!

Nigeria as an entity should be banned for two years also so that we can clean it up and inject new blood into her.
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by omar22(m): 6:59pm On Jun 30, 2010
FIFA and CAF would throw the book at Nigeria we would lucky to have a team in 2018

Jonathan need to thread carefully
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by jarkbauer: 7:03pm On Jun 30, 2010
is nairaland filled with kids?
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by tkb417(m): 7:04pm On Jun 30, 2010
jarkbauer:

is nairaland filled with kids?
no sir
and not filled with septugenerians with liquid brains too

bgees:

Don't vote him. Who tell u say your vote count?
at least ill know i didnt vote a daftie
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by Igwe9(m): 7:06pm On Jun 30, 2010
On a more serious note, do you guys enjoy watching eagles play on the football field? grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by jarkbauer: 7:09pm On Jun 30, 2010
l
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by omar22(m): 7:11pm On Jun 30, 2010
NIGERIA TAKE NOTE

FIFA president Sepp Blatter warned French President Nicolas Sarkozy on Tuesday that his country's team risks suspension from global tournaments if he meddles in the running of the national soccer federation.
Article continues below
FIFA president Sepp Blatter arrives before the start of the World Cup round of 16 soccer match between the United States and Ghana at Royal Bafokeng Stadium in Rustenburg, South Africa, Saturday, June 26, 2010. (AP Photo/Ivan Sekretarev)
FIFA president Sepp Blatter arrives before the start of the World Cup round of 16 soccer match between the United States and Ghana at Royal Bafokeng Stadium in Rustenburg, South Africa, Saturday, June,    (Associated Press)
Former U.S. President Bill Clinton,right, shakes hands with FIFA president Sepp Blatter, left, before the World Cup group C soccer match between the United States and Algeria at the Loftus Versfeld Stadium in Pretoria, South Africa, Wednesday, June 23, 2010. (AP Photo/Michael Sohn)
Former U.S. President Bill Clinton,right, shakes hands with FIFA president Sepp Blatter, left, before the World Cup group C soccer match between the United States and Algeria at the Loftus Versfeld Stadium,    (Associated Press)
Blatter said Tuesday he was sending a "clear and clean message" to the French government and Sarkozy, who has said he would personally lead the investigation into Les Bleus' dismal showing at the World Cup.

The French soccer federation "can really rely on FIFA in case of political interference _ even if it is at the presidential level," Blatter said. "France made an 'affaire d'etat' of football, but football remains in the hands of the federation."

FIFA rules demand that federations manage their affairs independently or face suspension from international soccer matches and business. Teams, referees and soccer officials can be barred from participating even if the federation is the innocent victim of government meddling.

A FIFA suspension could affect French clubs Marseille, Lyon and Auxerre competing in the Champions' League next season, and hamper preparations to organize the 2016 European Championship. France was awarded the hosting rights last month by European football body UEFA.

Sarkozy intervened after the team's performance on and off the field in South Africa heaped embarrassment on the nation.

The team, which won the 1998 World Cup and was runner-up four years ago, failed to win a game and players went on strike at training after forward Nicolas Anelka was sent home for insulting coach Raymond Domenech.

A parliamentary panel was scheduled later Tuesday to interview sports minister Roselyne Bachelot, who spoke to the team during the debacle.

Bachelot earlier said it was "inevitable" that French soccer federation Jean-Pierre Escalettes would resign. Escalettes, who won praise for leading the Euro 2016 bid campaign, announced his plan to quit shortly after and will be interviewed Wednesday with the outgoing Domenech in hearings at the National Assembly.

Blatter told reporters at a briefing that he regretted Escalettes' resignation, and warned that France's status in world soccer would not prevent FIFA stepping in.

"Definitely, I can tell you that political interference will be dealt with by FIFA notwithstanding what kind of interference and what is the size of the country," Blatter said.

FIFA has punished soccer federations before.

Greece was European champion when it was suspended from world soccer for several days in 2006, Iraq served a suspension in 2008 and Ethiopia was kicked out of its qualifying group for the 2010 World Cup.
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by tkb417(m): 7:11pm On Jun 30, 2010
Igwe.:

On a more serious note, do you guys enjoy watching eagles play on the football field? grin grin grin
he banned international football
Under 17, Under 21, Under 23
Female U 17, Female U 19, Falcons
CAF Champions league

all these aint super eagles and we love to watch dem

we have been watching football in this country b4 Jonathan became the President o
make d guy warn himself o grin grin grin
if he no like football no mean say make e dey do anyhow

by the way,are we in IBB/Abacha era?
na wa o
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by kashmo: 7:14pm On Jun 30, 2010
I don't like the route the President has taking. Simply put, disband the NFF & these current crop of tired legs and start building from there. Suspending a National team from competitive sport for 2yrs is uncalled for. So much for progress in this already doomed country, Nigeria! undecided embarassed sad angry
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jun 30, 2010
for all those applauding this,you obviously do not know what you are talking about,what do you think brought us to this stage
sanni abacha stopping us from SA nations cup thus a chance to continue brooding young eagles was lost and then fifa added 2 more years to it and in the end,we are still suffering from that till now
why do you think we do not have any real top player,cos a chain has been broken in the production line
think very well,the team of riyad 85,china 85 developed Nigerian footballer to unbelievable heights
look at the nucleus of that team and you will understand what I mean
The best Jonathan can do is to secretly talk to NFF members to resign enmasse(impossible in Nigerian dictionary) then people can be employed but with this stupid choise he has taken,another 2 or 4 yrs is awaiting us from Fifa and add that to the 2 yrs we will be sitting at home watch epl  that makes it 6
as wellcoming as it sounds(i was happy at 1st)thinking about it very well,it is a stupid thing to do
fifa frowns at GOVT intervention in football
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by Igwe9(m): 7:16pm On Jun 30, 2010
tkb417:

he banned international football
Under 17, Under 21, Under 23
Female U 17, Female U 19, Falcons
CAF Champions league

all these aint super eagles and we love to watch dem

we have been watching football in this country b4 Jonathan became the President o
make d guy warn himself o grin grin grin
if he no like football no mean say make e dey do anyhow

by the way,are we in IBB/Abacha era?
na wa o

oh, he's getting it wrong then.
He had be right with super eagles in my own opinion.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

AFCON Qualifier: Super Eagles Apologizes To Nigerians For Failure / Senegal Vs Gambia : AFCON 2023 (3 - 0) On 15th January 2024 / Ivan Perisic Joins Bayern Munich On Loan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.