Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,253 members, 7,815,380 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:28 AM

Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years (13918 Views)

Poll: do you support this?

it's a good decision: 59% (92 votes)
it's a bad decision: 40% (62 votes)
This poll has ended

FIFA's Verdict:Bans Nigeria From All Football-Related Activity-Incuding Clubs / Vincent Enyeama Considering his Retirement from International football / FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by kalauta: 6:25am On Jul 01, 2010
mbulela:

I am not just appalled by your ignorance, what drives me nuts is that your have the effontery to call others ignorant.
you support illegality and banditry and have the guts to garnish it with insults.
Are you kidding me??
i have a few questions for you.
If you can answer them, i might be forced to believe that there is redemption for you.
However, i am not holding my breadth.

if Sani Lulu has perfected his script as claimed in the post above, what stops EFCC from bringing him to book?
Does FIFA prohibit criminal investigations?
Why not send EFCC after Lulu and his fellow crooks while allowing them hold their positions from cell,next door to Bode George?
How in God's name does this move solve anything?
In addition to sending EFCC after Lulu,why not just starve NFF of funds (i know they will still have FIFA grants to chop but it will not be enough)?
Why not make an example with Lulu to an extent that loafers will be scared of running for NFF elections?
Do the supporters of this silly move realise that if the impending FIFA ban is lifted in 10 years time, Lulu's board will still be reinstated as a pre -condition for lifting the ban?
by the way, since there is corruption in NASS,should we just disband the national assembly and let Jonathan and his friends make the laws?
Oh! disband the Nigerian police and customs too.

Once you get your head checked, come around and reason toe to toe, I don't meddle with folks who sit on their high horses. It may be better for you to provide some redemption for yourself, you need it more than the rest of us. I don't get into mud fights with pigs, if you know what I mean.
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by CyberG: 6:33am On Jul 01, 2010
Were not the defeated SE popping champagne after they crashed out in SA? Look, much as I like to watch Naija football . .I don't care for the kind of football Naija plays these days! Oh, for the 94 - 98 set of players who people still remember till today! Now, all Naija has to showcase are USELESS fat failures masquerading as something! They make us a joke in the world, so if they are all banned. . .I couldn't give a rat's ass! There is nothing to miss in Naija football these days and in this era of globalization, there are many teams to watch for the entertainment value. The pride component that comes from seeing your country play is of no use as we end up a disgrace in the eyes of the whole world, so even if FIFA bans us another 4 more years. . .good! Perhaps, the hordes of talent that will now be lost can gang-up, find Lulu and his co-bastards and hang them on a stake. Then, they can send the pictures to Blatter and everyone who cares to see!
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by jarkbauer: 6:42am On Jul 01, 2010
FIFA should look into her own policies.no government interference yet some bunch of fools and thieves mismanage everything.even if they steal and loot government must/can not do anything.useless policy.not meant for africans most especially Nigerians
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by sayso: 6:47am On Jul 01, 2010
topic=471567.msg6312638#msg6312638 date=1277962928:

yeye president, the jonathan guy is acting like an hausa man, he does not know that if he bans us for 2years fifa would ban us for more 2years meaning that we would automatically be out of worldcup 2014 and everybody in nigeria knows that another golden generation is coming
This is why I said African Leaders are not intelligent,they do not know the facts about football in the world.FIFA must by now adding this issue to their next meeting,4 years ban awaiting our country.Goodluck J,Nigeria is not your's alone,we thought you are the saviour but you are a time bomb waiting to destroy.
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by CyberG: 6:59am On Jul 01, 2010
All this NOISE is really ANNOYING! I think Nigeria should just permanently withdraw from football and focus on other games. If any other sports association messes-up, scrap them too. . .before long we will be concentrating on the country with less distractions until people learn patriotism again! grin grin
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by 12large: 7:08am On Jul 01, 2010
isw only nigerians that don't like football that would support this non-sense. out of all the problems a president should face, it is the only thing that unite nigerians that he decided to ban. is not like if lulu is that bad. instead of fining young new players you are banning them totally, how can they improve after doing all the banning who would come in, imagine a pdp idiot doing this, lulu is a product of his environment. in 2011 i bet you if jonathan can fix the election that would make him win he would do it, rotimi amaechi would also fix election. am definetly in support of lulu, i don't like him but all he needs to do is to report this matter to cas and the ban would be lifted
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by jokingmary(m): 7:32am On Jul 01, 2010
Serves them right angry
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by savesoul(m): 7:38am On Jul 01, 2010
Now i see that most nairalanders are not intelligent at all, ( am sorry for that  embarassed )  Goodluck is a very intelligent president, he withdrew Nigeria from Fifa competitions so as to have the power to sack the entire glass house then put in a new administration, if he does that without withdrawal from FIFA it will be deemed as involvement of goverment in football which will result in a ban from FIFA for Nigeria, now that we have already withdrawn from FIFA he will have the liberty to do anything to those monkeys in the glass house, then after a few months we will go back to FIFA to reapply with a new-look NFF. Think my People, Think! grin grin grin I can see the silver lining!
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by sirwebs(m): 7:40am On Jul 01, 2010
Banning them for ten years won't solve anything as long as we continue to field age cheats. The supposed cadet teams are much older than that. Remember Amasiemeke queried the age of one of the captains. By 2014 we will be back to square one. How can a country that regularly does "well" at cadet tourneys fail to transfer the "success" to the world cup?
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by sirwebs(m): 7:42am On Jul 01, 2010
Banning them for ten years won't solve anything as long as we continue to field age cheats. The supposed cadet teams are much older than that. Remember Amasiemeke queried the age of one of the captains. By 2014 we will be back to square one. How can a country that regularly does "well" at cadet tourneys fail to transfer the "success" to the world cup?
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by vwvw(m): 7:48am On Jul 01, 2010
angry now the madness is complete. Goodluck has become like Mugabe and Abacha. I hope he bars the country from existence. for its poor showing in 50 years. no more politicians nada. by the way who is going to carryout the reforms-same rotten politicians and administrators. im currently covering the pension verification exercise in lagos and what a shame. a big shame.FIFA would bar Nigeria indefinitely-i cry in swahili. what minister of sports can explain this stupid interference. why doesn't he bar electricity supply for 2 years-everywhere blackout so we can start afresh--RUBBISH
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by swoosh(m): 7:52am On Jul 01, 2010
Next step: Ban the governemnet for not providing electricity after 49+ years

Absolute NONSENSE
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by royalicon(m): 8:13am On Jul 01, 2010
I my own candide opinion, i would suggest the budget for Nigeria Football for this 2 years period (NFF Salaries, Players goodies, etc.) be diverted to revitalize our electricity or construct good road network.

Let it be judiciously used for another promising sector of the economy.
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by IRAPADA(m): 8:24am On Jul 01, 2010
Y im no go ban bankole and his deputy whey share 500m of nigeria money
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by Nobody: 8:28am On Jul 01, 2010
All the years Spain kept trying with the Hierros and Rauls of this world while failing, did they withdraw from tournaments?
It is simple, call young players into the team and let the play [i]competitive [/i]matches.
This decision is so embarrassing. Go on Yahoo soccer blog, the world is laughing at this stupidity.
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by Nobody: 8:31am On Jul 01, 2010
royalicon:

I my own candide opinion, i would suggest the budget for Nigeria Football for this 2 years period (NFF Salaries, Players goodies, etc.) be diverted to revitalize our electricity or construct good road network.

Let it be judiciously used for another promising sector of the economy.
Grammar!! In simple words, let us give money to another person to chop in the guise of "revitalization".
Abeg make person hear word. How many electricity and road you wan do with football moni?
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by todan(m): 8:33am On Jul 01, 2010
We need to do away with those scum bags in the football house and the only way  is through the step taken by the FG. i don't mind FIFA banning us, as far as we can put our house in order.
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by anitabest(f): 8:41am On Jul 01, 2010
What did you guys mean? what does he mean? i mean the so called president? what is his business wit football? he will not go and settle d house of rep, all he is interested is banning football rubbish, that is rubbish i said.
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by oisehumen(m): 8:41am On Jul 01, 2010
sirwebs:

Gbam!
Imagine Yakubu and Martins claiming to be much younger than Osaze!  cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy. Ridiculous  
Until we address the issue of age cheats, nothing good can ever come out of Nigerian footie
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by harmeenut: 8:43am On Jul 01, 2010
The problems with Nigeria football just all sectors in the nation is multifacets.
People keep shouting what we are going to loose especially the other national teams in the 2 years. and I would like to ask what have we achieved in the last ten in sports apart from using over-aged players to achieve success. We all know the other national teams would suffer when fifa bans us, but at the same time, can you imagine millions of talented nigerians who have been deprived of hitting limelight because of favouritism, nepotism tribalism and corruption in the football house. Coaches are hired based on what they can get as feedbacks. We are starting from somewhere. One thing I have realized about Nigerians is that we hate the negative effects of change ad we must realize there cant be social change without social disorganization. We must not look at the immediate effects of our withdrawal or fifa's ban but the latent and manifest future benefits of this actions. Good, Fifa will ban and we wont compete in the next nation's cup; and so what? since we crashed out of SA2010, has the events not continuing, we have been banned before, did we die? Is football the only sporting event in the country even if it the unifying one.

My fear at the same time is whether those advising the president are sincere and not just about putting their own there. What is the government going to do to develop other sport at the local,state, regional and national level. When will the government stop appointing water engineer as sport minister? I just hope we wont be back at the same spot if the wrong people are put in the house.
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by tkb417(m): 8:47am On Jul 01, 2010
Maybe the Military should come and ban him and his other thieving democrats for 2 years so we can structure Nigeria for 2 years too

we shd ban the whole sectors for 2 years

what is happening in other sectors is worse than football; has he developed Niger Delta finished? has he given us light? has he banned the legislators from throwing chairs and cutlasses grin grin grin

joker

abeg who dey contest for Presidency again
up Utomi grin grin grin at least he wont ban football
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by bisiaet: 8:47am On Jul 01, 2010
I think Jonathan has gone a bit far about his decision the best he should have done is to dissolve the NFF board and make sure in the next generation of upcoming eagle any of these old tired legs are not included in the team anylonger . But banning the Eagle for two year will adversely affect our football in so many ways because it will take us out of Africa Cup of nation and as well may ends up affecting our world cup chance in the next edition.

I am optimistic Jonarhan will review his position on this latest development.
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by Echidime(m): 8:50am On Jul 01, 2010
The ban is good so this small boys will realise they are not playing for their GIRL FRIENDS AND WIVES but our great nation NIGERIA
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by tkb417(m): 8:51am On Jul 01, 2010
abeg who is going to carry out the reforms in our football
is it all those Abuja people? shocked shocked shocked
abeg who, i want to know them

they will sit for 2 years, sleep in hotels, collect dollars and will do nothing
at the end of 2 years, (lets assume the head of the commitee to restructure things is Segun Odegbami) i swear the 'Odegbami report' will be missing
when eventually found, nothin will be inside the reportgrin grin grin

wild goose chase
animals
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by Echidime(m): 8:54am On Jul 01, 2010
THOSE WHO THINK THE PRESIDENT HAS GONE A LITTLE TOO FAR SHOULD GO AND SLAP HIM.
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by otukpo(f): 8:56am On Jul 01, 2010
Nigerians want something good, a positive change but they are
not ready to make any sacrifice to achieve the good.

A brilliant move by Jonathan.
Do not b/c of our love for football not see the reason behind the hard decision GJ has taken.
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by AyoAina: 8:58am On Jul 01, 2010
I support the President on this
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by oisehumen(m): 9:05am On Jul 01, 2010
Echidime:

THOSE WHO THINK THE PRESIDENT HAS GONE A LITTLE TOO FAR SHOULD GO AND SLAP HIM.

And come out of Aso Villa congratulated grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by otokx(m): 9:06am On Jul 01, 2010
Government should never have interfered in the affairs of the NFF, paying Lagerback was the beginning of our problems.
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by RSA(m): 9:12am On Jul 01, 2010
I think the President took a wrong decision,the best way to have handled this issue was to stop financing the football federation and demand changes.
It is only in Africa where a goverment single handedly finance and run the football federations.
And people forget that football is just a sport,there are other important issues that the goverment could focus on that could improve millions of peoples lives.

I think Goodluck is not playing the ball but the man,and should be red carded.
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by ElPipita(m): 9:16am On Jul 01, 2010
This would have been a positive thing if I did not read this : "Jonathan Appoints Former Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha To Fg Committee"
If that info is anytin 2 go by, Jonathan is as silly as all d oda bastards we've got in nijja.
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by idifu(m): 9:18am On Jul 01, 2010
good decision

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Samson Siasia Unveils Gandoki As The Official Comedian To The Dream Team VI / AFCON Qualifier: Super Eagles Apologizes To Nigerians For Failure / Senegal Vs Gambia : AFCON 2023 (3 - 0) On 15th January 2024

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.