Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,123 members, 7,814,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years (13911 Views)

Poll: do you support this?

it's a good decision: 59% (92 votes)
it's a bad decision: 40% (62 votes)
This poll has ended

FIFA's Verdict:Bans Nigeria From All Football-Related Activity-Incuding Clubs / Vincent Enyeama Considering his Retirement from International football / FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by Admiralty2: 11:57pm On Jun 30, 2010
Thanks to president Jonathan,this so called super eagles boys blackmailed over 140 million Nigerians. They all conspired not to win any match. i can see that Mr  president considered them as unproductive to the country.They blocked Tunisia from showing there skills .Nigerian chaps its turn to make change, Let those so called slaves footballers to European countries continue with their barbaric way of life.
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by hobat4cash(m): 12:03am On Jul 01, 2010
Is this a good development or not? Well i have never subscribed to solving a problem illegally but also i have always thought that he who pays the piper dictates the tune. Why the hue and cry afterall we know that participating in the nations cup will come to nothing as we will not be considered as contenders. When will we open our eyes to see that all this competitions benefits only those at the glass house and not nigerian football. For once i support this 'illegality' entirely unless there is a very good alternative measure. If fifa bans us so freaking what. What are they banning us from? Is it from winning the nations or world cup? Maybe they(fifa) are doing us a favour so that we won't go and disgrace ourselves again in future competitions. If you ask me good riddance to bad rubbish. hisssssssssss
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by kalauta: 12:43am On Jul 01, 2010
Wow, alot of ignorant folks on this site.

The reasons why the President decided to stay away from football for 2 years is due to the following:
a. With the Nigeria FA quick to play the "FIFA will ban Nigeria if the Government intervenes" game card, it was always going to be impossible to nail these bloody thieves who have amassed mass wealth by destroying the future of Nigerian football. Now that the Government has decided to "ban" itself from FIFA, the sweeping begins and those bloody thieves are going to be locked up and prosecuted for not only the misappropriation of funds, but also the silly games of forcing players that are not good enough on the coaches.

b. With the politician thieves out of the office, a new change will be brought forth that will enable the true football heads who know what the game entails and have the recipe to get Nigerian football back on track before these politicians totally destroy what's left of it.

c. Bring back diligence, discipline and patriotism back into the national team.
d. Create a new foundation and constitution that will ensure these thieving politicians will not smell the FA office again.
e. Stop the influx of these undercover players agents in the FA who refuse to give the real ballers the opportunity to showcase their talents.

Now, if someone still insist that the above examples are not good enough reasons to "ban" the FA from FIFA competitions, then that person need their head re-examined for brain leakage.
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by MeGaStReEt: 12:46am On Jul 01, 2010
I think the best thing for us to do now is to wait and see what will happens, lets us all wait and see if this is going to turn to be a good move or not, instead of criticising the president, we all love football, we all love to see our country in  internation competitions, I learnt Ghana did the same thing some years ago and its obvious they are not doing badly now, WHY DONT WE JUST WAIT AND SEE HOW THESE WHOLE THINK UNFOLDS.
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by Mobinga: 12:51am On Jul 01, 2010
texazzpete:

Good development? Are you on crack? It means we will not play at the next Nations Cup - How good is that?
Goodluck could easily have had the same results by unleashing the EFCC and ICPC on the NFF members. Now he's going to take us down the route of failure that Abacha took us down.

Mr Goodluck, i will not be voting for you in 2011.
Who needs your smelling vote sef angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by SLIGHT(m): 1:01am On Jul 01, 2010
Pls let the ban be ACTUALISED. The millions of naira nigeria spent on d WC preps are a waste. Sm ppl here are criticizing jonathan as if they even backed d se at first. Let fifa ban us 4 20yrs for all i care, nff needs an over haul n besides we cant win d wc with people like kaita. our country is in shambles and sm r crying: world cup/football!
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by SLIGHT(m): 1:02am On Jul 01, 2010
Pls let the ban be ACTUALISED. The millions of naira nigeria spent on d WC preps are a waste. Sm ppl here are criticizing jonathan as if they even backed d se at first. Let fifa ban us 4 20yrs for all i care, nff needs an over haul n besides we cant win d wc with people like kaita. our country is in shambles and sm r crying: world cup/football!
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by Nobody: 1:02am On Jul 01, 2010
And then FIFA will ban all Nigerian national teams for 4+ years while our national teams decay.
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by SUKKIE(m): 1:19am On Jul 01, 2010
Mr Goodluck should pay attention to more pressing national issues. shocked shocked
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by chelseabmw(m): 1:20am On Jul 01, 2010
oh naija
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by honeric01(m): 1:27am On Jul 01, 2010
GOD BLESS YOU GOODLUCK JONATHAN

NOW IF ANYONE HAS FOOTBALL DEVELOPMENT AT HEART, HE SHOULD CHANNEL IT TOWARDS THE LOCAL LEAGUE, WE NEED ATTENTION IN OUR LOCAL LEAGUE, THAT'S WHERE DEVELOPMENT SHOULD START FROM.
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by A40(m): 1:44am On Jul 01, 2010
Let them ban the Executive and Legislative arm of Government first for their failure since 99. There are no good roads or water and they are talking of banning Nigerian National teams like that would change $$hit! When would our leaders get their priorities right??
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by vescucci(m): 1:45am On Jul 01, 2010
Ban from what exactly? It's not like anything will be happening before two years. The people that need a foot to ass are the senators that went to watch live matches and the people who're offering millions of tax money if they score. score!
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by ladej(m): 1:53am On Jul 01, 2010
mama-gee:

I don't get why he thinks banning those already washed up losers will make a difference.

What they need is more practice and a good coach, banning them for two years wouldn't do them any good.

It would just make them fatter, lazier and more unskilled.

what we need is a total overhaul and youth, not practice. old men !
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by Princek12(m): 1:56am On Jul 01, 2010
Just when I thought Jonathan had some sense; I guess I was wrong. Why ban the Super Eagles for two years when you are trying to build a team? What Jonathan has done is akin to withdrawing your child from school for two years because of your child's poor performance in school, while trying to figure out what went wrong with your child within those two years. Well, the problem will be worse in two years because they would not compete in the next Cup of Nations. Then why commingle politics with football anyways. Mehn! Naija don tire me.
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by Emmysteve(m): 2:41am On Jul 01, 2010
Who ever support this move must be suffering 4rm ignorance. How can u ban d national team 4 2yrs because of those fools (nff) and now our u-20 who are doing well will not play 4 next yr's worlcup.
I"m begining to withheld my vote for him.
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by Emmysteve(m): 2:47am On Jul 01, 2010
For those who kick against this move can forward their greviance through facebook. He is now on facebook.
Note: only those that are not in support.
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by sulad82i(m): 3:04am On Jul 01, 2010
wtf
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by mbulela: 3:24am On Jul 01, 2010
kalauta:

Wow, alot of ignorant folks on this site.

The reasons why the President decided to stay away from football for 2 years is due to the following:
a. With the Nigeria FA quick to play the "FIFA will ban Nigeria if the Government intervenes" game card, it was always going to be impossible to nail these bloody thieves who have amassed mass wealth by destroying the future of Nigerian football. Now that the Government has decided to "ban" itself from FIFA, the sweeping begins and those bloody thieves are going to be locked up and prosecuted for not only the misappropriation of funds, but also the silly games of forcing players that are not good enough on the coaches.

b. With the politician thieves out of the office, a new change will be brought forth that will enable the true football heads who know what the game entails and have the recipe to get Nigerian football back on track before these politicians totally destroy what's left of it.

c. Bring back diligence, discipline and patriotism back into the national team.
d. Create a new foundation and constitution that will ensure these thieving politicians will not smell the FA office again.
e. Stop the influx of these undercover players agents in the FA who refuse to give the real ballers the opportunity to showcase their talents.

Now, if someone still insist that the above examples are not good enough reasons to "ban" the FA from FIFA competitions, then that person need their head re-examined for brain leakage.

I am not just appalled by your ignorance, what drives me nuts is that your have the effontery to call others ignorant.
you support illegality and banditry and have the guts to garnish it with insults.
Are you kidding me??
i have a few questions for you.
If you can answer them, i might be forced to believe that there is redemption for you.
However, i am not holding my breadth.

if Sani Lulu has perfected his script as claimed in the post above, what stops EFCC from bringing him to book?
Does FIFA prohibit criminal investigations?
Why not send EFCC after Lulu and his fellow crooks while allowing them hold their positions from cell,next door to Bode George?
How in God's name does this move solve anything?
In addition to sending EFCC after Lulu,why not just starve NFF of funds (i know they will still have FIFA grants to chop but it will not be enough)?
Why not make an example with Lulu to an extent that loafers will be scared of running for NFF elections?
Do the supporters of this silly move realise that if the impending FIFA ban is lifted in 10 years time, Lulu's board will still be reinstated as a pre -condition for lifting the ban?
by the way, since there is corruption in NASS,should we just disband the national assembly and let Jonathan and his friends make the laws?
Oh! disband the Nigerian police and customs too.
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by mrkoma2012: 3:37am On Jul 01, 2010
Fifa wont be too pleased with this if the information is indeed genuine
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by Emmysteve(m): 3:57am On Jul 01, 2010
@mbulela: thump up to u. U hv spoken well. Some people are just suffering from ignorance, while claiming to knw evry thing. Do they knw the consequencies that will follow at all? For godsake we will nolonger watch our darling super eagles, Golden eagles, flying eagles, dream team and even our women football for 4yrs ( including fifa sanction) just because of one man. To make the mata worst, we will miss out of Brazil 2014.
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by 9jafreak: 4:33am On Jul 01, 2010
[size=16pt]The ENGLISH MEDIA is already PROPOSING the same thing.

Let's just PLAY FRIENDLIES for 2 Years --- no Tournaments!

In France, Thierry Henry was summoned by President Sarkozy.

In Italy, Most of those agbayas WILL BE SEEING THE DOOR in a twilight.

Those IGNORAMUS comparing this to '96 are just pathetic homo sapiens. Abacha DID NOT care about Soccer. He STOPPED The Eagles because of his BEEF with Mandela (who rightly criticised him as a DICTATOR)

Get your facts straight.

The ONLY THING THAT UNITES NIGERIANS is FOOTBALL. If we can meke it RIGHT, let's do whatever it takes
[/size]
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by tunku(m): 4:34am On Jul 01, 2010
This is the greatest joy that Nigerian football has given me since 1998. This is a necessary move that had to be made in order to reorganize our NFF. That the NFF is a corrupt rotting stack of dead fish heads that embarrasses our team and by extension the whole country with their venal self-aggrandizing ways is a moot point. Fifa, fifa is not a paragon of good governance that any country should tremble and worry about their sanctions. I do not care if this moves costs us 4 years in the footballing wilderness, this is a clear message to all would be administrators that you cannot continue to run the name of Nigeria through the mud with the one thing that unites all of Nigeria. Time to rebuild, time to rebuild our local team and local league. It doesn't matter if we miss the next ACON have we really acquitted ourselves well in that competition or any recently? No! Goodluck Jonathan is a man after my own heart.
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by Kabikala(m): 4:56am On Jul 01, 2010
Jonathan has just confirmed to me that having a Ph. D has nothing to do with being intelligent.
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by hatch: 5:04am On Jul 01, 2010
^^^ Abeg don't kill me with laughter this early morning oh !
I always suspected Joe's Phd from the word go,
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by Echidime(m): 5:23am On Jul 01, 2010
Some people has no brain and don't think. The presidents action is the best for now,anybody who want to play for nigeria should know that he is not playing for his girl friends all over the world to entertain them but for our dear country and should be serious.

Now the team will have completely new faces like Ghana.
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by MUZBO(m): 5:29am On Jul 01, 2010
Ban Nigeria wrestling fed. too sef. . . for 10 years!!
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by jarkbauer: 6:01am On Jul 01, 2010
[size=16pt]what have we won in the last 10 years?-nothing, so why all the cries.our presence doesn't mean anything.do you pple enjoy the super Eagles.i wonder why Nigerians are satisfied with anything (participation)if and only if this would improve Nigeria football then it is not a bad move.besides he didnt ban nigeria he only withdraw Nigeria from international tournaments.smart move[/size]
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by truly: 6:05am On Jul 01, 2010
Echidime:

Some people has no brain and don't think. The presidents action is the best for now,anybody who want to play for nigeria should know that he is not playing for his girl friends all over the world to entertain them but for our dear country and should be serious.

Now the team will have completely new faces like Ghana.
What people say about others is often a reflection of their person
How can you - you cannot create a single cell - say that another person does not have a brain
Even if you are the smartest person alive today, you think an accident can not take that away?

Anyway, this is not the best decision
It is wrong, very wrong

What has he done since Hoddle spoke about the bribery allegation?
That is 3 months gone

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/mar/18/glenn-hoddle-nigeria-police-investigation
Glenn Hoddle's corruption allegations over Nigeria job lead to inquiry

At least EFCC takes instructions from the presidency

In the 2 years, typically nothing would happen
And because of NFF, he is banning the u-21 boys who should be taking over like the Chilean boys who defeated us in 2007
and who have just given a good account of themselves in SA

If I had the powers, I would ban Johnathan for not keeping his promise to give us a power sector masterplan
he missed that deadline weeks ago

Anyway, can he tell us precisely what he will be doing in he 2 years
BTW, England has a friendly in August - practice (not withdrawal) makes perfect
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by supereagle(m): 6:09am On Jul 01, 2010
Not the solution pls. What has the Dir of Sports development doing all along? The onus to develop our sports is on him , but we like to rely on Oyinbo coach that did not help his country.
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by jarkbauer: 6:09am On Jul 01, 2010
[img]http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls?CONTENTTYPE=image/jpeg&STREAMOID=scIfnMczp9ECnN1n8rgChS6SYeqqxXXqBcOgKOfTXxS9esw$eTUZI2TelqG4U1GRnW_PgxgftuECOcfJwS6Jtlp$r8Fy$6AAZ9zyPuHJ25T7a9GKDSxsGxtpmxP0VAUyHL6IDcZHtmM2t7xO$FHdJG95dFi6y2Uma3vSsvPpVyo-[/img]
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by truly: 6:13am On Jul 01, 2010
jarkbauer:

[size=16pt]what have we won in the last 10 years?-nothing, so why all the cries.our presence doesn't mean anything.do you pple enjoy the super Eagles.i wonder why Nigerians are satisfied with anything (participation)if and only if this would improve Nigeria football then it is not a bad move.besides he didnt ban nigeria he only withdraw Nigeria from international tournaments.smart move[/size]
The solution is not going to sleep
You practice more
Tell me exactly what they will be doing in the two years?
Mock exams are for a purpose - it has been demonstrated that people who take mock seriously actually pass more than those who don't

Where in the history of this country and this man have you seen a methodical approach to issues
Look, NFF announced that they would speak with some coaches early in the year
None of those announced got the job

While Nigerians were debating the list, the Turks went after and got the signature of Guus Hiddink who was on the list
That is the Nigerian (and so far Johnathan's) way - drama, but no action

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Canada 2-2 Nigeria (International Women's Friendly) / Samson Siasia Unveils Gandoki As The Official Comedian To The Dream Team VI / AFCON Qualifier: Super Eagles Apologizes To Nigerians For Failure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.