Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,124 members, 7,814,941 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years (13912 Views)

Poll: do you support this?

it's a good decision: 59% (92 votes)
it's a bad decision: 40% (62 votes)
This poll has ended

FIFA's Verdict:Bans Nigeria From All Football-Related Activity-Incuding Clubs / Vincent Enyeama Considering his Retirement from International football / FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by tkb417(m): 7:16pm On Jun 30, 2010
jarkbauer:

you are definitely one no wonder you couldn't understand this move.he withdraw nigeria from FIFA not that he interfered in the FA.now that nigeria is not in FIFA we can interfere and send all NFF members to jail

i dont really know the logic behind your post, but i bet its hard to pronouce

try and send again pls
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by 4Play(m): 7:17pm On Jun 30, 2010
If the NFF is corrupt, why not simply stop all Govt funding of the NFF?
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by 13volts(m): 7:20pm On Jun 30, 2010
Ban ke he must be kidding
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by omar22(m): 7:23pm On Jun 30, 2010
PM
you are definitely one no wonder you couldn't understand this move.he withdraw nigeria from FIFA not that he interfered in the FA.now that nigeria is not in FIFA we can interfere and send all NFF members to jail

ENGLISH PLEASE!!!! I beg?
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by tkb417(m): 7:24pm On Jun 30, 2010
4 Play:

If the NFF is corrupt, why not simply stop all Govt funding of the NFF?
i dont think that man understands the enormity of his actions on our football

i can remember how a golden generation who should have won the nations cup back to back  (96 & 98) fizzled away cos of Abacha and CAFs ban
the effect is what we are seeing today!!!

now, the nation will be plunged into football darkness for the next 6 years (or thereabout) and what guarantees a seamless system when football comes on board? has the govt fixed all other endemic problems in the country?

i feel like suing somebody for depriving me of ma right to watch football grin grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by Mesef1: 7:25pm On Jun 30, 2010
Who are GJ's advisers?

Corruption, lack of planning, nepotism, mediocrity, quota system, padi-padi  are the in-thing in all government MDAs and by extension the Nigerian system! It is not an NFF problem, it is a Nigerian problem. Our current level of football is just an indication of the grave situation we are in as a nation.

Why can't this guy just suspend all government ministries, departments and agencies for 2 years  and re-organize them too. Everything in Nigeria needs a re-ordering

Who even says two years will be enough to re-build our football??  To get back to the grassroots, pick boys from secondary schools and get them to play professional football in 2yrs?

• Will the ban remove corruption from the blood of our administrators?
• Will it remove quota system? Will it train our local coaches to world standard?
• Will it build football academy in all states of the federation in two years?
• Will it improve the funding of our local league and ensure living wage for local players like what is obtainable in Egypt, Tunisia, SA?

We don’t need a sorcerer to tell us the problems, we all know them. There are policies written several years ago that have rot on the shelves in various government departments. All we need is sincere and painstaking implementation.

I hope Goodluck is ready for the outcry that will follow this draconian act and the injury this will do to his 2011 ambition because as far as I'm concerned he has started loosing points!!!
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by tkb417(m): 7:28pm On Jun 30, 2010
Me sef:

Who are GJ's advisers?

Corruption, lack of planning, nepotism, mediocrity, quota system, padi-padi are the in-thing in all government MDAs and by extension the Nigerian system! It is not an NFF problem, it is a Nigerian problem. Our current level of football is just an indication of the grave situation we are in as a nation.

Why can't this guy just suspend all government ministries, departments and agencies for 2 years and re-organize them too. Everything in Nigeria needs a re-ordering

Who even says two years will be enough to re-build our football?? To get back to the grassroots, pick boys from secondary schools and get them to play professional football in 2yrs?

• Will the ban remove corruption from the blood of our administrators?
• Will it remove quota system? Will it train our local coaches to world standard?
• Will it build football academy in all states of the federation in two years?
• Will it improve the funding of our local league and ensure living wage for local players like what is obtainable in Egypt, Tunisia, SA?

We don’t need a sorcerer to tell us the problems, we all know them. There are policies written several years ago that have rot on the shelves in various government departments. All we need is sincere and painstaking implementation.

I hope Goodluck is ready for the outcry that will follow this draconian act and the injury this will do to his 2011 ambition because as far as I'm concerned he has started loosing points!!!
MINT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by sley4life(m): 7:30pm On Jun 30, 2010
very good. Even when they were not ban, the players where banning themselves. Yak banned us from the WC by failing to score that cheap goal that my blind &cripple granny would score
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by jarkbauer: 7:31pm On Jun 30, 2010
This is the time to rebuild
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by tkb417(m): 7:33pm On Jun 30, 2010
yeah
time to rebuild and destroy

Kaita, Yakubu and now Jonathan

God dey

all the enemies of Nigeria go kpeme grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by sley4life(m): 7:33pm On Jun 30, 2010
Those against the ban should know if FIFA ban us we have nothing to loose. Moreover we were not ban for SA 2010, but did we perform? How far did we go in the tourney? I dont care if FIFA extend the ban for life. We can direct our funds to something else or fund athletics, boxing etc
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jun 30, 2010
The BAN is the only chance to even attempt to do anything differently. Otherwise Sani Lulu will elect himself and hold the whole country to ransome based on some FIFA regulation. Why can't some of us in Nairaland reason?

The ban will not guarantee change or better fortunes, but it is the only choice to change things. The FIFA regulation was designed for societies where people have shame and where people resign if found corrupt. It is not designed for Africans. Sani Lulu will never give way for change to happen

All this one folks are talking, the way the PTF are being decisive about this tells me somebody in FIFA may have given Government a nod to do this. Keep in mind that Lars Lagerback for some reasons lodged a copy of his contract with FIFA and so FIFA may be aware of the shenanigans that goes on in Nigeria. So folks chill.

It is also possible to flush Sani Lulu and co out, hand football to ex-players who may know what they are doing, re-organise the structure of the local league and 12 months down the line, re-apply to re-join FIFA meanwhile Sani Lulu may be cooling his ass in jail if he does not play ball.
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by jarkbauer: 7:34pm On Jun 30, 2010
listen to brilla FM listen to real poeple
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by montelik(m): 7:35pm On Jun 30, 2010
Is this one because of the "Amodu curse" again. grin When will we learn to do things in the proper manner and at the proper time.
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by tkb417(m): 7:36pm On Jun 30, 2010
jarkbauer:

listen to brilla FM listen to real poeple
who are the people in brila fm, den get 3 heads? abi den sabi pass us?
wetin be dem number sef?
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by franktolk(m): 7:38pm On Jun 30, 2010
A very wrong decision by Goodluck Jonathan and his advisors, are we now saying that even when a credible election can't be guaranteed in the nation called Nigeria,we cannot even have one in just a sporting Association called NFF.I strongly believe with a credible election the right set of officials can come in and revamp the NFF.Why are the opposition so weak that even before the election they're already anticipating a defeat.
Shame on Nigeria, this goes to show that we should forget about any credible National election come next yr.
SHAME!
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by tkb417(m): 7:39pm On Jun 30, 2010
The BAN is the only chance to even attempt to do anything differently. Otherwise Sani Lulu will elect himself and hold the whole country to ransome based on some FIFA regulation. Why can't some of us in Nairaland reason?

The ban will not guarantee change or better fortunes, but it is the only choice to change things. The FIFA regulation was designed for societies where people have shame and where people resign if found corrupt. It is not designed for Africans. Sani Lulu will never give way for change to happen
u have started again this guy
so because of Sani Lulu, u will ban football
so sani Lulu is bigger than EFCC?

i tot Bode George is in kirikiri? why cant the NFF people be sent to Kirikiri for holidays
why ban football
abeg try another line
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by Survivor9: 7:42pm On Jun 30, 2010
its just a game, someone must lose and someone must win. Africa still lacks the technicality to excel at the world stage. As for corruption, who is Jonathan kidding? Isn't he corrupt? When did Nigerians start being saints? Wetin concern president with footie? We have enough serious issues already.
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by favouredjb(f): 7:45pm On Jun 30, 2010
I dont think this is a right move by jono,he wasnt adviced well at all,NFF can be dissolved,yes we are all for it not d entire foot
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jun 30, 2010
tkb417:

u have started again this guy
so because of Sani Lulu, u will ban football
so sani Lulu is bigger than EFCC?

i tot Bode George is in kirikiri? why cant the NFF people be sent to Kirikiri for holidays
why ban football
abeg try another line

Sani Lulu is not bigger than EFCC but while Nigeria remains part of FIFA, NFF's relationship with Nigerian Government will be that of an autonomous body and hence any move to investigate it or dissolve it by Government will attract a Ban anyway. So the only way to have a chance to legitimately do this and not attract a FIFA ban is to severe relationship with FIFA.

I should like to think FIFA leaders are filled with folks with common sense and if Nigeria emerges out of this fiasco better off footballwise in terms of organisation of football, then FIFA can only be reasonable.

If FIFA say we can not be part of it for life just because we tried to catch up with the rest of the world in terms of football organisation then may be the expulsion will be worth it.
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by latepa(m): 7:48pm On Jun 30, 2010
tkb417:

yeah
time to rebuild and destroy

Kaita, Yakubu and now Jonathan

God dey

all the enemies of Nigeria go kpeme grin grin grin

grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by Ibomade1: 7:51pm On Jun 30, 2010
9ja here we go again banning  football team for 2 years. Why are we always chasing shadows in Nigeria? I was of the opinion that Mr president would ban the Lower House in Abuja for the Free-4-All fight rather than the national team.

Mr President we have more pressing issues as a nation than a group of young men playing a round leather on a patch of grass.embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by jarkbauer: 7:51pm On Jun 30, 2010
[size=32pt]do you guys know that the last time we won a match at the world cup was in 1998-12 years wasted.won nations cup last in 1994-16 years wasted.so 2 years is nothing.Jonathan pls withdraw us for as long as possible but when we come back we must win world cup ooooooo else we will ban you[/size]
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by 4Play(m): 7:51pm On Jun 30, 2010
mikeansy:

Sani Lulu is not bigger than EFCC but while Nigeria remains part of FIFA, NFF's relationship with Nigerian Government will be that of an autonomous body and hence any move to investigate it or dissolve it by Government will attract a Ban anyway. So the only way to have a chance to legitimately do this and not attract a FIFA ban is to severe relationship with FIFA.

I should like to think FIFA leaders are filled with folks with common sense and if Nigeria emerges out of this fiasco better off footballwise in terms of organisation of football, then FIFA can only be reasonable.

If FIFA say we can not be part of it for life just because we tried to catch up with the rest of the world in terms of football organisation then may be the expulsion will be worth it.

What stops the Govt from ending its funding of the NFF? Maybe the NFF will learn to self-finance itself. Banning football plays into Lulu's hands as it will elicit punitive measures against Nigeria.
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by Atila1(f): 7:53pm On Jun 30, 2010
Jonathan, shd take care of pressing issues dat affect d masses instead of chasing shadows. Wat part of zero interference of govts in sports does he not understand. Did he not hear FIFA telln D french president to stay away from d sport federation?
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by mrperfect2(m): 7:56pm On Jun 30, 2010
Hopfully this will solve the problem.
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by jarkbauer: 7:56pm On Jun 30, 2010
Atila1:

Jonathan, shd take care of pressing issues dat affect d masses instead of chasing shadows. Wat part of zero interference of govts in sports does he not understand. Did he not hear FIFA telln D french president to stay away from d sport federation?
the rule is meant for the europeans not the stupid african administrators.
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by mamagee3(f): 8:03pm On Jun 30, 2010
What else do we expect from a failing nation?

It's quite obvious that the nation is ruled by dafts and theives, I mean nothing works anymore.

Economy is failing even sports is failing too.
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by jarkbauer: 8:04pm On Jun 30, 2010
mama-gee:

What else do we expect from a failing nation?

It's quite obvious that the nation is ruled by dafts and theives, I mean nothing works anymore.

Economy is failing even sports is failing too.

from another daft
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by 0hsisi: 8:04pm On Jun 30, 2010
Someone should stop this ganja smoking Ijaw fisherman from casting Nigeria into the muddy creeks of Yenegoa. grin
First he appoints Thief Alameiseigha the cross dresser to an office now he bans the Eagles.
What's next?
Ask all the Nigerian males to change their last names to Peterside and Fyneface
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by Rhydem: 8:11pm On Jun 30, 2010
Some people here are very stupid.

Please remind me what happend with France's world cup campagin - They failed miserably, agreed?
What happend to their president of their FA?
He resigned, yes?

Okay.
Now the NFF (Lulu) Said this team was capable of semi-final contention, where did we finish?
Is Lulu going to resign? OF COURSE NOT, the man is even planning his re-election campaign can you imagine.

This is just one of many problems the NFF has brought to this nation with many corruption allegations, abeg guys this is fantastic news.

We will be able to re-structure the nations football - and people keep saying why two years?

We want this to be a suitable fix for the nations football 2 years is neccesary for this to be atleast succesful.
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by 9jafreak: 8:16pm On Jun 30, 2010
[size=18pt]RELAX FOLKS:

Every BODY needs a FRESH SHAVE![/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Canada 2-2 Nigeria (International Women's Friendly) / Samson Siasia Unveils Gandoki As The Official Comedian To The Dream Team VI / AFCON Qualifier: Super Eagles Apologizes To Nigerians For Failure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.