Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years - Sports (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years (13914 Views)

Poll: do you support this?

it's a good decision: 59% (92 votes)
it's a bad decision: 40% (62 votes)
This poll has ended

FIFA's Verdict:Bans Nigeria From All Football-Related Activity-Incuding Clubs / Vincent Enyeama Considering his Retirement from International football / FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by Blazing99: 9:25am On Jul 01, 2010
Couldn't he look for better ways to handle the issue rather than banning NFF?
Is it NFF's fault that other teams were better than us, can't he look for ways to improve this situation rather than dissolution.
I think Goodluck is simply looking for ways to STAMP a legacy. This is simply flagrant show-off of presidential power.
"4ck Him"
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by Blazing99: 9:28am On Jul 01, 2010
RSA:

I think the President took a wrong decision,the best way to have handled this issue was to stop financing the football federation and demand changes.
It is only in Africa where a goverment single handedly finance and run the football federations.
And people forget that football is just a sport,there are other important issues that the goverment could focus on that could improve millions of peoples lives.

I think Goodluck is not playing the ball but the man,and should be red carded.

Your quote in bold is da BOMN!
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by sayso: 9:50am On Jul 01, 2010
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by labiola: 9:52am On Jul 01, 2010
I think this is a good decision!
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by Kx: 9:58am On Jul 01, 2010
Good bye to heart attack football and H bp.
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by geosegun(m): 10:10am On Jul 01, 2010
I can see a great problem in Nigeria thru NL. even those people calling for the sack and total ovearhaul on NFF [/b]
immediately Nigeria lost to Korea are now singing a new song-(they are hipocrites)

[b]I strongly Support Jonathan
[color=#006600][/color]. If that is the price to pay for better football both international and local league
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by topatee: 10:16am On Jul 01, 2010
God bless Goodluck, when OBJ sack NITEL the whole world wanted to crucify him, but look at the opportunities that Nigerians have been denied for so long, like I always say the problem of Nigeria is not religion, nor tribal, nor size and so on,  the problem of Nigeria is basic:  CORRUPTION
Nigeria Hosted the U17 world Cup, what was the outcome, FIFA have to police us before we can build a stadia, NFF have to wait until 2 months before picking a coach to a world cup that takes place every 4 yrs.
Why can’t NEPA provide uninterrupted power supply, Why will the railway system stop working, why will Professionals (Lecturers, Doctors etc ) have to down tools before their salaries are paid (when Bankole dem are looting the whole treasury), how can a system allow the like of IBB to even want to imagine ruling Nigeria again,
If GJ is sincere and want to leave an enviable legacy, Let him put measures in place that limit corrupt practices both in public and private sectors.
We don’t have to police them (EFCC, ICPC), in the company where I work, nobody police you,  measures have been put in place, if u decide to flout them you have also successfully signed your termination letter (that is the way develop environment works)
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by asamuel: 10:20am On Jul 01, 2010
Good one, uncle Joe!
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by ricky01: 10:28am On Jul 01, 2010
thumps up,
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by joanana(f): 10:37am On Jul 01, 2010
grin I think its for the best. Besides the Super Chickens players have been there since Atlanta '96. Change is the most constant thing in life, yes its difficult but we should think of the results. We need good young, vibrant, zealous players in our football. Not the old cargos u ve now. We need worth NFF offiicials. Thank you Mr President!!!!!!!!!! People should stop complaining n accept this change grin grin
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by coschuks(m): 10:39am On Jul 01, 2010
Bad decision, young players will be affected cos there will no place to showcase their talents. Best thing is to dissolve the NFF and sack the players from the national team since they are rich to the extent that they no longer have passion for their profession.
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by jamebex(m): 10:40am On Jul 01, 2010
People are just shouting no ANC no WC no Olympic etc. Can anybody tell me 1.how much the govt invested in Nigeria's bid to get to her ist quater final in this WC that we left with only a point?2.How much we gained from it(the WC) you and i?3.What we are going to loose for 2years of no intl competition? Answer them honestly and i will continue. remember God sees your heart.
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by uyakachi(m): 10:41am On Jul 01, 2010
is very good
at least they will know that they are dealing with people not animals that they can give anything they like or wish
i mean NFA should go to hell .all they know very well is to demand for money ,bribe and corruption
and our players will have to  commit them self and be very serious about their prof fessions and play by merit not by relations and friendship

oh my GOD am , am , am , i, am , SO happy ***** they need to pay for their sin for causing many Nigerians heart brake and high BP and for using our money for nothing
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by coschuks(m): 10:42am On Jul 01, 2010
i mean to dissolve the present NFF board and set up another one
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by Abuse: 10:43am On Jul 01, 2010
where is the report for the fifa under 17 world cup we hosted in Nigeria.Goodluck cannot fool me.Scram!!!!!
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by member479760: 10:45am On Jul 01, 2010
Prof. J. Goodluck u dey try! keep going, well.
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by Nobody: 11:03am On Jul 01, 2010
The intention is good but the instrument for correction deployed by the FG is wrong. Banning is not the solution. The solution is making use of the young guys in the U17 & U20 and also discovering new talents who will train & play together for a long time under a technical coach. Playing together for 2 or 3yrs under a professional coach and engaging in friendly & international matches in preparation for the next world cup come 2014 will actually bring the desired result
I would prefer Samson Siasia/John Ogbu to take charge because they know how 2 discover new talents.
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by Rheinmetal(m): 11:06am On Jul 01, 2010
Hmmm, well lets see what you intend to do within these two years to turn around our football fortunes , Mr President cry

BTW, does this mean you intend to stick around in 2012 to enforce your ban?
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by Kennyblues(m): 11:21am On Jul 01, 2010
koastar:

The intention is good but the instrument for correction deployed by the FG is wrong. Banning is not the solution. The solution is making use of the young guys in the U17 & U20 and also discovering new talents who will train & play together for a long time under a technical coach. Playing together for 2 or 3yrs under a professional coach and engaging in friendly & international matches in preparation for the next world cup come 2014 will actually bring the desired result

I would prefer Samson Siasia/John Ogbu to take charge because they know how 2 discover new talents.

On behalf of President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, GCFR, GCON, OFR, MNI, EFCC, ICPC, NFF, PTF, Commander-In-Chief of the Armed Forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, do hereby apologise to the football loving Nigerians for this harsh but neccessary step towards revamping our football and re-branding our sports in genearl to take solace in the 2010/11 Premiership, La Liga, Serie A and Champions League that would begins soon while we clean up the Super Eagles for better and higher flight.

Thank you
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by Kennyblues(m): 11:23am On Jul 01, 2010
We are only making NFF and the Super Eagles very attractive to foreing investors
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by shevalync: 11:25am On Jul 01, 2010
GJ is confused he doesn't know the next thing to do what does he intend to achieve by such senseless and hasty action?himself and other government officials should be also suspended from travelling out of the country for the period. cool
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by MrTA(m): 11:39am On Jul 01, 2010
I havent read the thread so I dont know if Im repeating what's been said already.

I think the intentions are right but I dont agree with a ban on all international competitions as the best way to tackle the issues within the NFF.

First FIFA(and CAF) do not take kindly to interference from the government so they are sure to increase the ban.

Also, the youth teams will suffer more from this as lack of exposure to playing international football at all levels will harm their development.

Certainly they need to restructure the organisation but it can do this while the country's teams continue to participate at all levels as usual.

I hope Goodluck sees sense, overturns the ban and carry out the re- org of the entire sports organisation, not just football, but all the major sports as our people are very very passionate about our sports.

Lastly, I've never subscribed to the mentality of having foreign coaches, especially since Bonfere jo and Westerhof left. I hope they invest in the countries coaches and send them on the right training abroad to gain and knowledge and hopefully apply it to the local teams and to the country. Siasia seems to be very serious about his coaching so he should be encouraged and supported so he can take over this super eagles. Im not saying he is a messaih or whatever but he seems to have some very interesting ideas and he should be given an opportunity. No more going to the same channel like Amodu every time they need a stop gap.
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by oisehumen(m): 11:39am On Jul 01, 2010
koastar:

The intention is good but the instrument for correction deployed by the FG is wrong. Banning is not the solution.[b] The solution is making use of the young guys in the U17 & U20 [/b]and also discovering new talents who will train & play together for a long time under a technical coach. Playing together for 2 or 3yrs under a professional coach and engaging in friendly & international matches in preparation for the next world cup come 2014 will actually bring the desired result

U mean those young old men who parade themselves as under 17 and under 20?  grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by topatee: 11:42am On Jul 01, 2010
When you see a mad man hair ruffled, washing and combing is not the solution. The problem of NFA, NFF, PTF, PHCN, PDP, and Nigeria, is deeply rooted, when you talk about Ghana, have you forgotten what Jerry did to bring sanity. We  don’t have to kill anybody but if  withdrawing from Int'l football to avoid distractions  and lay a solid foundation to good football let it be.
Our boys ( or should it be our daddy’s on the field) only play because of the money at stake, instead of Adenuga promising millions of dollars to overage and underperforming footballers let him contribute to football development. The sad thing about Nigeria is that everything is monetized, nobody cares about competency, performance, for goodness sake nairaland is here today because somebody thought It can be done. let us stop celebrating mediocrity.
I will not be surprised if Ghana win the world cup: form U17, to U21, now they are gunning for the big one. when will the giant of Africa wake up. I believe we have all it takes to rule the world, Our problem has always been Leaders without vision:  2 bad
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by Acidosis(m): 11:43am On Jul 01, 2010
A discussion from the house of assembly is presently going on about this issue. You can watch it on NTAi-international.
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by opuro(m): 11:52am On Jul 01, 2010
ori bibe
ko loogun
ori fifo
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by topatee: 12:02pm On Jul 01, 2010
ori bibe (cutting d head)
ko loogun (is not the prescription)
ori fifo ( to Headache)
This simply means you don’t behead a man to solve his headache, but sometimes to avoid waste oribibe can become the solution, you don’t know how far Nigerian can go to perpetuate atrocities, madam Akinyuli did Oribibe to save Nigerian from the cabal, think about it
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jul 01, 2010
Introducing the youths is half the solution and i want to say that Goodluck did what was expedient. Yes, may be he should have used the EFCC or pulled out government aid but pulling out government funds will embarrass Nigeria.
Investors will not invest in any Organisation chaired by Corrupt leaders, would you?

His method now will rid the NFF of the thieves holding Nigeria to ransom in record time.
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by michaelala(m): 12:19pm On Jul 01, 2010
i strongly support the president, no good has come from the glass house of football, we need to overhaul it and put in fresh bloods. they have done their bit anyway and since it is not working  out let them go.
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by youngies(m): 12:19pm On Jul 01, 2010
When it rains, it pours!
Now this might be the beginning of the disintegration of FIFA if they don't take care
FIFA's law of "non interference" is obnoxious and high-handed. Just like their 'no go area' with goal line technology.
Many countries are frustrated with FIFA already

Let FIFA and CAF come up with whatever additional ban they can think of
There is no law any where in the world that says a group of countries cannot come together and form there own association. It has happened before in Boxing.
FIKA - Federation of International Kickball Association.

The new name of handsome game is KICKBALL

Nigeria, France, Italy and many more countries may become the pioneer members
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by brilantio: 12:24pm On Jul 01, 2010
Gudwork GJ.
The NFF thinks they're UNTOUCHABLE because of fifa rules.
I heard they were carting away with files from the glass house when the police were alerted.
I think Nigeria's football keeps dwindling, you cant even compare the current team to the '94 or '96 team, I tot we're supposed to be getting better.
Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years by HNIC(m): 12:25pm On Jul 01, 2010
Thoroughly embarassed by this decision as some of my non-Nigerian friends have been calling me for explanations.
What is wrong with this country gan sef?
I watched Tv this morning and a straight line comparison was made.
It's like your Child failing in school. . . .
and you say to make him BETTER,
u withdraw him for 2 years!!!!!!!!
STILL SMH,

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Samson Siasia Unveils Gandoki As The Official Comedian To The Dream Team VI / AFCON Qualifier: Super Eagles Apologizes To Nigerians For Failure / Senegal Vs Gambia : AFCON 2023 (3 - 0) On 15th January 2024

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.