Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,486 members, 7,836,898 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:15 PM

My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. (10569 Views)

Atheism In Countries 2022, Including Nigeria / Anti-atheism In Nigeria / 22 Year Study States Atheism In A Mental Disease? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by Uchenaija: 5:47am On Sep 14, 2018
HardMirror:
there is absolutely nothing that links us or life as we know it with a defined creator. So start from there. Who/what is the creator and how do we know it to be true.

when you contemplate the order of the universe, the origin of life, or the design of that most complex of all structures on earth, the human brain, you reason that something higher than humans must exist.

Same way you cannot see radio waves, but your cell phone clearly demonstrates the reality of those invisible waves that transmit voices; so you accept that such waves exist.

Observing evidence of God in creation is like hearing the footsteps of someone approaching behind a closed door. You know that someone is there, but who is it?

The Bible is a door to knowledge about God. When you open that door and consider some of its detailed prophecies and their fulfillment, you will find evidence that God exists.

That means you must consider evidence that the Bible is true or inspired of God, if you'd have to trust the what the Bible says.
Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by Uchenaija: 5:50am On Sep 14, 2018
Martinez19:
grin

We're having matured arguments hear, it's not some childish mockery unless you want it to be so.

Bring your arguments & let's get to the root of it. It's that simple.
Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by Martinez19(m): 5:52am On Sep 14, 2018
Uchenaija:

We're having matured arguments hear, it's not some childish mockery unless you want it to be so.

Bring your arguments & let's get to the root of it. It's that simple.
Didn't I tell you that I don't have time to argue with your likes?
Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by Uchenaija: 5:59am On Sep 14, 2018
Martinez19:
Didn't I tell you that I don't have time to argue with your likes?

Arguments is not arguing, unless you're picking the wrong end of the meaning. State reason or set of reasons given in support of your idea so as to teach.

If you strongly believe in what you stand for you'd defend it, without shouting, insults or anger.
Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by Martinez19(m): 6:09am On Sep 14, 2018
Uchenaija:

Arguments is not arguing, unless you're picking the wrong end of the meaning. State reason or set of reasons given in support of your idea so as to teach.

If you strongly believe in what you stand for you'd defend it, without shouting, insults or anger.
I am not interested.

Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by Uchenaija: 6:13am On Sep 14, 2018
Martinez19:
I am not interested.

Who cares? Who would have noticed your existence if you didn't start the mention

Modified: why would you care if not because you want freedom that still leads to a new kind of slavery.

Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by Martinez19(m): 6:20am On Sep 14, 2018
Uchenaija:

Who cares? Who would have noticed your existence if you didn't start the mention

Modified: why would you care if not because you want freedom that still leads to a new kind of slavery.
No one. Not even Jesus.
Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by Uchenaija: 6:42am On Sep 14, 2018
Martinez19:
No one. Not even Jesus.

Of course he doesn't care. Go & meet your no source of existence faith ( a life that has no answer to why you exist)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by frank317: 7:08am On Sep 14, 2018
Uchenaija:

The story of that nice guy has been backed by historical facts.
Which historical fact biko

They doubt it because they have been stereotyped into their beliefs & have not taken time to find out the facts. Even if they knew Islam cannot change it cos that's the foundation of the religion & thus can destroy it's very existence.

I cannot take u serious because they also feel exactly the same way about u. Who then is right? Why should I believe u and doubt them?

That is why it is called convincing not forcing.
So its very hard for ur God to convince the people he created that he is God? It didn't take anything for my father to convince me that he is my father. See how ur God is running from piller to post.... Is that one a God

A book of authority shows
Your Jewish folk tale said a lot of nonsense... So angels have not spoken with u before and u are trying to tell me what will happen to me if angels talk to me... U think I am child right? Oga I am not ur gullible Church member, stot telling me tales by moonlight

1 Like

Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by bloodofthelamb(m): 7:17am On Sep 14, 2018
Martinez19:
The holy spirit doesn't exist. The christian "initiation", via the Holy spirit, that occurs when one believes in Jesus and confesses it is just in the mind. I too was at this stage.

Christianity is a religion. Check your dictionary.

The Holy Spirit does not exist, you say. But yet you claim you were a Christian(like Christ) then.

Continue deceiving yourself. "If anyone has not the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Him."
Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by Uchenaija: 7:23am On Sep 14, 2018
frank317:

Which historical fact biko

I cannot take u serious because they also feel exactly the same way about u. Who then is right? Why should I believe u and doubt them?

So its very hard for ur God to convince the people he created that he is God? It didn't take anything for my father to convince me that he is my father. See how ur God is running from piller to post.... Is that one a God

Your Jewish folk tale said a lot of nonsense... So angels have spoken with u before and u are trying to tell me what will happen to me if angels talk to me... U think I am child right? Oga I am not ur gullible Church member, stot telling me tales by moonlight

Go and find out the facts that support the claim if you're really serious of finding the truth. It's about facts not feelings, that's how matured people do it.

& for father & son subject, many have disowned their father, even when they're convinced of their parenthood. You can't force anyone, that's why it's called freewill.
Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by Martinez19(m): 7:25am On Sep 14, 2018
Uchenaija:

Of course he doesn't care. Go & meet your no source of existence faith ( a life that has no answer to why you exist)
True! he who doesn't exist can't care or perhaps the parable of the lost sheep was a lie and pretence on jesus' part. See who wanted to engage in an intellectual discussion with me, you haven't read your bible to know that Jesus, according to the bible, cares about "lost" souls. Read John 3:16 and read how Jesus said heavens rejoices when a sinner is saved. Go and read your bible, I was right not engage you in the discussion you wanted. Ignorant and arrogant christian.

Later, you will claim you will claim that you were a better Christian than I was and I was never a true christian.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by Martinez19(m): 7:26am On Sep 14, 2018
bloodofthelamb:

The Holy Spirit does not exist, you say. But yet you claim you were a Christian(like Christ) then.

Continue deceiving yourself. "If anyone has not the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Him."
Didn't you read where I said it's just in the mind?
Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by bloodofthelamb(m): 7:36am On Sep 14, 2018
HardMirror, the early apostles believed in Jesus Christ but non were a Christian until after Pentecost when they all receive the Spirit of Christ.

Your believe must usher in the glorious presence of the Holy Ghost in your life. The Spirit is the seal of Christ ownership of us.
Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by frank317: 7:37am On Sep 14, 2018
Uchenaija:

You're going through a forest & suddenly you see a beautiful house with every beautiful thing in that house but no one occupying it? Would say that house came by chance?
I will not say the house was created by chance. But since I already know humans creates houses, I will wonder WHICH human created the house, it could also have been creates by many humans. I will not go all over the place saying the house was created by Mr. John.
How did u know on one being creates the universe? How did u know its God? How are u sure its not a family of some bald headed aliens with ten legs?

I've told you my stand. Every creation has a creator, & so the universe cannot come by chance but a creator for me.
Since u are sure every creation has a creator... Who created ur God?

Now I want to know your stand? Where did all intelligent creation come from?
U should ask urself that question.. Where did ur intelligent creator(God) come from?
Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by bloodofthelamb(m): 7:45am On Sep 14, 2018
Martinez19:
Didn't you read where I said it's just in the mind?

You and your like minded brothers don't know what it means to be a Christian, yet you are here claiming former Christian.

Smh!
Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by frank317: 7:48am On Sep 14, 2018
Uchenaija:

Go and find out the facts that support the claim if you're really serious of finding the truth. It's about facts not feelings, that's how matured people do it.
There is none bro... Mature people bring forth their facts when they make a point. If u cannot bring forward ur historical fact, then u are lying. Simple.

& for father & son subject, many have disowned their father, even when they're convinced of their parenthood.
So? At least a conviction took place in the first place... Something ur God cannot do.

You can't force anyone, that's why it's called freewill.
U are the only one mentioning force here. I never even used the word since we have been talking... Like I said, why is it difficult for ur God to convince his creation that he is God...
Why are u saying force... Did I say ur Gos is using force? How does convincing someone implies u are forcing them or that u are taking away their freewill?

1 Like

Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by Martinez19(m): 7:59am On Sep 14, 2018
bloodofthelamb:

You and your like minded brothers don't know what it means to be a Christian, yet you are here claiming former Christian.

Smh!
The holy spirit existence is just in the human mind. The whole conversion process is just in the mind.

1 Like

Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by Martinez19(m): 8:03am On Sep 14, 2018
bloodofthelamb:
HardMirror, the early apostles believed in Jesus Christ but non were a Christian until after Pentecost when they all receive the Spirit of Christ.

Your believe must usher in the glorious presence of the Holy Ghost in your life. The Spirit is the seal of Christ ownership of us.
lol. The bold is just in the mind. It does not take place. It's what you think happens grin . What you believe or choose to think doesn't change reality, does it? The reality is that the holy spirit doesn't exist.
Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by Martinez19(m): 8:10am On Sep 14, 2018
1Sharon:

Lol you need tolook at my posts from 2011..very cringey
grin cringey indeed. Hmmmmm

Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by Martinez19(m): 8:12am On Sep 14, 2018
1Sharon:

Lol you need tolook at my posts from 2011..very cringey
grin The Lord is good.

Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by frank317: 8:13am On Sep 14, 2018
Sharon was a Christian in this forum?

Wonders shall never end

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by Martinez19(m): 8:18am On Sep 14, 2018
frank317:

Wonders shall never end
An advice from the great 1Sharon and her effort in the lord's vineyard grin

Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by Martinez19(m): 8:20am On Sep 14, 2018
frank317:

Wonders shall never end
Religion makes you trip like you are on LSD. grin

The things religion makes people believe, say and do are what you would expect the insane to do on their own.

1 Like

Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by HardMirror(m): 9:03am On Sep 14, 2018
Uchenaija:

when you contemplate the order of the universe, the origin of life, or the design of that most complex of all structures on earth, the human brain, you reason that something higher than humans must exist.

Same way you cannot see radio waves, but your cell phone clearly demonstrates the reality of those invisible waves that transmit voices; so you accept that such waves exist.

Observing evidence of God in creation is like hearing the footsteps of someone approaching behind a closed door. You know that someone is there, but who is it?

The Bible is a door to knowledge about God. When you open that door and consider some of its detailed prophecies and their fulfillment, you will find evidence that God exists.

That means you must consider evidence that the Bible is true or inspired of God, if you'd have to trust the what the Bible says.

everything you have said are not proves but speculation. This in no way proves there is a god. They are as good as guesses. I have told you the only way you identify a creator is by his antecedents.

The only way you know man made things is through experience, knowing what you have seen men make. There are millions of things that are creators themselves. Insects, fishes, bacteria, fungus, the wind, the sun, water, radiation, man, stars... the list goes on and on. All these things have their own creation. The sea shells you see on the beach are not created by man, you know some mullucks created them. Sand dunes are a creation of winds in the desert... etc. So where in all these does a god appear? If i see a car, would i say the car was made by cars cos it is a car it must be made by something that is car like. A superior car. When you say god made man because man must be a product of intelligent design, and god is a superior humanoid, then you are simply saying cars shld be a product of a superior car. It makes no sense!

The only way to be sure of a god is to have evidence of god as a creator. Since no one can give such evidence, how can we jump to the conclusion that god creates anything when we have never seen god creating anything?
Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by HardMirror(m): 9:10am On Sep 14, 2018
bloodofthelamb:

i also believe in that nonsense. The holy spirit is not real.

I have a pastor friend who was scolding one of his staff a few days ago, then he said one rubbish, he accused the staff of not being lead by the spirit hence reason why the staff was always making mistakes at work. I stepped in and asked him to shut the fvck up. This is a pastor that i know is as dull as an slowpoke always making mistakes yet he has the guts to accuse another human of making mistakes as if his useless holy spirit has added anything to his useless life.

You guys with your so called holy spirit are as ordinary as any human can be. That holy sh!t is in your head.

1 Like

Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by suregalluv(f): 9:22am On Sep 14, 2018
Hmm. Seeing all these posts above are nothing to me because all these signs have been prophesied long ago.
The devil is desperately working to drag people into eternal condemnation and those who have chosen to remain in spiritual blindness are the victims.
Man and every other creation was created by God for pleasure (Rev 4:11) and every creation must obey the Creator which is God. The problem with most "Christians" is that they lack knowledge of truth which makes then appear defenceless in the presence of all atheists and unbelievers.
All those who have heard the gospel and have been recreated should strive, be violent in the war to possess their inheritance lest the devil snatches us away like these ones who have deviated.

He who hears the gospel and does not believe it, is condemned (John 3:18)
Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by HardMirror(m): 9:26am On Sep 14, 2018
frank317:

I will not say the house was created by chance. But since I already know humans creates houses, I will wonder WHICH human created the house, it could also have been creates by many humans. I will not go all over the place saying the house was created by Mr. John.
How did u know on one being creates the universe? How did u know its God? How are u sure its not a family of some bald headed aliens with ten legs?

Since u are sure every creation has a creator... Who created ur God?

U should ask urself that question.. Where did ur intelligent creator(God) come from?
has uchenaija been able to answer these questions?
Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by HardMirror(m): 9:42am On Sep 14, 2018
Martinez19:
grin The Lord is good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URr0O9aHW38

A must watch: seth andrews, 'christianity made me talk like an idiot'

Cc. Hopefullandlord, 1sharon

1 Like

Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by frank317: 9:53am On Sep 14, 2018
HardMirror:

I have a pastor friend who was scolding one of his staff a few days ago, then he said one rubbish, he accused the staff of not being lead by the spirit hence reason why the staff was always making mistakes at work. I stepped in and asked him to shut the fvck up. This is a pastor that i know is as dull as an slowpoke always making mistakes yet he has the guts to accuse another human of making mistakes as if his useless holy spirit has added anything to his useless life.

You guys with your so called holy spirit are as ordinary as any human can be. That holy sh!t is in your head.

Lol
Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by Martinez19(m): 9:58am On Sep 14, 2018
HardMirror:

Thank you jare. They are no different with their so called Holy spirit. A pastor will discover that his keys are missing yet he will search for it rather ask the holy spirit. Serial killers elude and outsmart Nigerian police officers who claim that they have the so called Holy spirit. Chibok girls went missing and no pastor or christian with the holy spirit could tell their location. Many christians with the so called Holy spirit are drowned in the thick mud of poverty but being masters of ridiculous excuses , they would say "God is testing us", "christ is not after giving you wealth but saving your soul", "the kingdom of God and christ are more important than earthly wealth", "with christ, I have all the wealth in the world" etc. There is always an excuse for negative outcomes and negative circumstances.

So called Holy Spirit. If you see where a christian girl is raped and if you see where christians are perishing under cancer and other terminal diseases, one might have to rethink the existence and usefulness of this holy gin(kai kai) spirit.

1 Like

Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by Martinez19(m): 10:00am On Sep 14, 2018
HardMirror:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URr0O9aHW38

A must watch: seth andrews, 'christianity made me talk like an idiot'

Cc. Hopefullandlord, 1sharon
I have watched it. Seth Andrews is a nice speaker.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

See What Dunamis Pastor Dr Paul Enenche Said Would Happen In 2015 / Question For Atheists And Religious People / Today [december7] Is Pastor Chris Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.