Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,616 members, 7,770,642 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 12:22 PM

Nigerian Cuisines - Photos And Discussions. - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Nigerian Cuisines - Photos And Discussions. (82119 Views)

Coffee.a Thread For Coffee Discussions. / The Most Expensive Cuisines In The World / Nigerian Cuisines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Cuisines - Photos And Discussions. by 9ja4eva: 11:15pm On Jul 08, 2010
Chai! Hunger oh.

Correct pictures
Re: Nigerian Cuisines - Photos And Discussions. by bidemi12(m): 11:26pm On Jul 08, 2010
What kind of rubbish is this. You people want to make me die of home sickness oooooo. see as my mouth de water. kai.
Re: Nigerian Cuisines - Photos And Discussions. by tamme: 11:27pm On Jul 08, 2010
jollof rice, bastardized with smoked turkey, shrimps and gizzard

Re: Nigerian Cuisines - Photos And Discussions. by tamme: 11:37pm On Jul 08, 2010
peperred snail

Re: Nigerian Cuisines - Photos And Discussions. by tamme: 11:53pm On Jul 08, 2010
eba and soup

Re: Nigerian Cuisines - Photos And Discussions. by eyoniggar(m): 12:16am On Jul 09, 2010
tamme, na food go wounjure you.
Re: Nigerian Cuisines - Photos And Discussions. by mohawkchic(f): 1:17am On Jul 09, 2010
~I'd love to try & cook this recipe. . . It's Egusi Right? With Spinach?
www.nairaland.com/attachments/286840_erncew_jpg06acb3ef46dd666f168bd8c0905d4620

~Seeing the pic of Banga Soup was a pleasant surprise! It's a local sauce back home. . . .I havent had it years! Something else for me to try my hand at. . . never cooked it before but it'll be a worth a try. . .

~This does look inviting. . . i'll look up the recipe for coconut rice
www.nairaland.com/attachments/288015_Coconut_Rice_with_Baked_Fish_and_Fried_Plantain_jpgfd480b51718ab205be2b787012707b14
Re: Nigerian Cuisines - Photos And Discussions. by benchwest: 1:52am On Jul 09, 2010
mr femmy eating pounded ya is same like eating mashed patatoes.
even my swedish girl eats pounded yam with me here
not to talk of a nigerian staying abroad,if really you stay abroad you would eat a lot of it
if you got it
Re: Nigerian Cuisines - Photos And Discussions. by beespak7(m): 3:02am On Jul 09, 2010
Una wicked ohhh  grin see as ma mouth dey water chai!!!!!
i  just dey imagine me choping that snail and washing it down with chilled guiness big stout

Re: Nigerian Cuisines - Photos And Discussions. by shilling(f): 7:43am On Jul 09, 2010
@ tamme:
Are you a chef??

Oh my, the food looks delish. But all those carbs, smh. I went to Nigeria for a week last year and when I got back, my friends said I looked "different" lol.
Re: Nigerian Cuisines - Photos And Discussions. by DoubleN(m): 9:05am On Jul 09, 2010
This thread got my mouth watering, shocked
Re: Nigerian Cuisines - Photos And Discussions. by stormm: 9:24am On Jul 09, 2010
@tamme

dat Limca cold? cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Nigerian Cuisines - Photos And Discussions. by otondo55: 10:13am On Jul 09, 2010
Swallowed every, naija i hail thee !
Re: Nigerian Cuisines - Photos And Discussions. by Fhemmmy: 1:18pm On Jul 09, 2010
Newest . . . . I am sure u have never tried the Poundo with nice ogbono and variety of meat.
Try it and come back to tell me
Re: Nigerian Cuisines - Photos And Discussions. by Fhemmmy: 1:20pm On Jul 09, 2010
I think they need to take down this thread, cos it is making the sons of man to be hungry.

Whiterose, try that your analysis of pounded yam with poundo and you will see heaven
Re: Nigerian Cuisines - Photos And Discussions. by pappy4real(m): 2:00pm On Jul 09, 2010
ohhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what a thread, my entire system is responding badly to stimuli tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue oh i wish , i just wish but anyway no thanks cos ure going to make me give myelf an extraordinary treat today and that means extraordinary cash outa my pocket and e fit affect weekend
Re: Nigerian Cuisines - Photos And Discussions. by tamme: 2:07pm On Jul 09, 2010
meat pie

Re: Nigerian Cuisines - Photos And Discussions. by tamme: 2:08pm On Jul 09, 2010
noodles, egg n dodo

indomie, carrot,greenpepper, onion n tomatoes, eggs.
cook the indomie with the diced veggies.
fry the dodo, boil the egg, when its ready u dish,
ote: u put the veggies wen the indomie is almost ready to keep it fresh.

Re: Nigerian Cuisines - Photos And Discussions. by denony(m): 2:08pm On Jul 09, 2010
i am certainly salivating
I am rushing to MCDONALD RIGHT NOW
OH OH CAN FIND  SUCH FOOD THERE

AM RUNNING HELTER-SKELTER, I MUST FIND ONE TODAY
Re: Nigerian Cuisines - Photos And Discussions. by darne(m): 3:33pm On Jul 09, 2010
Hmm,, Good for me ,, i`m going to prepare myself for the Oku and wedding i`m going ,, tomorrow is saturday s i should be able to get one of those and surelly if not,, We still have tanterlizer/tatrazzini and surelly i`ll not forget my mama cass lol, ahh it tastes great, (Y`all would surelly appreciate naija even thos most of our things are all no no no e.g no light.no security,no no no lol grin grin wink
Re: Nigerian Cuisines - Photos And Discussions. by Fhemmmy: 3:37pm On Jul 09, 2010
I love that noodle with dodo and egg, Oh my gosh, i have to eat that tonite . . .

Please leave us with the way to make it
Re: Nigerian Cuisines - Photos And Discussions. by tamme: 3:53pm On Jul 09, 2010
Fhemmmy:

I love that noodle with dodo and egg, Oh my gosh, i have to eat that tonite . . .

Please leave us with the way to make it

indomie, carrot,greenpepper, onion n tomatoes, eggs.
cook the indomie with the diced veggies.
fry the dodo, boil the egg, when its ready u dish,
ote: u put the veggies wen the indomie is almost ready to keep it fresh.
Re: Nigerian Cuisines - Photos And Discussions. by tamme: 3:55pm On Jul 09, 2010
plantain eggs and apple

Re: Nigerian Cuisines - Photos And Discussions. by tamme: 4:06pm On Jul 09, 2010
lafun with efo riro, ewedu stew along with assorted meat.

Re: Nigerian Cuisines - Photos And Discussions. by tamme: 4:08pm On Jul 09, 2010
olof rice, served with coleslaw, grilled Sardines and chopped banana (Alternative to fried plantain, very yummy)

Re: Nigerian Cuisines - Photos And Discussions. by tamme: 4:14pm On Jul 09, 2010
Fried spinach with Tiger prawns

Fried spinach with Tiger prawns

Do you love vegetables? And which you could have it with everything? Now you can.

You'll need these Ingredients:

Fresh Spinach
Onions
Small Peppers
Tiger Prawns
Vegetable Oil
Salt or Maggi

Wash and cut up the spinach (alternatively you can use the frozen ones, from the supermart. However do not use the baby spinach, as they are too soft and watch out for the ones infused with yorgurt, you don't need it).

Put the oil into a frying pan, and allow to heat up.

Add your sliced onions and peppers, you don't want this to brown.

Add the washed Tiger prawns, and stir until it starts to simmer.

Finally add your spinach, let it cook for a few mins, depending on what kind of spinach you use.

Add your maggi or salt for taste, I say either cos the 2 together may be overwelming, but then again - To each his own.

And there you have it - you can add this veg to rice, yam or plantains!

Re: Nigerian Cuisines - Photos And Discussions. by tpiah: 4:21pm On Jul 09, 2010
una wan kill person with this thread sha!!
Re: Nigerian Cuisines - Photos And Discussions. by FISAN: 5:07pm On Jul 09, 2010
Fhemmmy, surely u are not a nigerian but from ondo state
Re: Nigerian Cuisines - Photos And Discussions. by bawomolo(m): 6:18pm On Jul 09, 2010
Re: Nigerian Cuisines - Photos And Discussions. by justdtruth: 6:27pm On Jul 09, 2010
Now i know something apart from football that unite Nigerians = FOOD

in Nigeria, the story is no light, no security, no road, no school, no fuel, and the list goes on

BUT PLEASE, anytime you see NO FOOD, PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE DELETE

its good we have something to cheer about abi?
Re: Nigerian Cuisines - Photos And Discussions. by sweeti14(f): 6:29pm On Jul 09, 2010
TCHEIIII SEEEEEE FOOOOOOOD  shocked *drooling* . I don dey hungry, i miss Naija food  cry
Re: Nigerian Cuisines - Photos And Discussions. by tpiah: 6:30pm On Jul 09, 2010
justdtruth:

Now i know something apart from football that unite Nigerians = FOOD

in Nigeria, the story is no light, no security, no road, no school, no fuel, and the list goes on

BUT PLEASE, anytime you see NO FOOD, PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE DELETE

its good we have something to cheer about abi?

not sure your post makes sense. . .   . . . . . . .stop dreaming.

i already had to take on an i.diot barely two pages back.

and no, i'm not talking about the pounded yam.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Bayelsa Residents Kill Crocodile, Share The Meat (Photos) / How I Prepared This Bush Meat That Ran Into My Compound (With pictures) / Ayam Cemani: The Most Expensive Chicken In The World - All Black (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.