Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,215 members, 7,836,050 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:49 PM

Nigerian Cuisines - Photos And Discussions. - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Nigerian Cuisines - Photos And Discussions. (82347 Views)

Coffee.a Thread For Coffee Discussions. / The Most Expensive Cuisines In The World / Nigerian Cuisines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Cuisines - Photos And Discussions. by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jul 09, 2010
tpiah:

if two people are claiming oshun and waging war against amala and pounded yam , then what do you people eat over there?

una be yoruba so?

is rice your national food?

fhemmy werent you edo some time back.

bawomolo is most likely masquerading as yoruba.

rotflmao  grin
Re: Nigerian Cuisines - Photos And Discussions. by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jul 09, 2010
Fhemmmy:

The white one is what is made from Cassava . . . . . . .
Oh ok, I was close lol

So we have fufu made from plantain and cassava.

Amala made from yam and cassava

Iyan made from yam.

Got it.
Re: Nigerian Cuisines - Photos And Discussions. by Fhemmmy: 7:44pm On Jul 09, 2010
I beg people post more food jare. . . . . . .  Ammo make sure i make some of them, just hope will find the ingredients
Re: Nigerian Cuisines - Photos And Discussions. by Fhemmmy: 7:44pm On Jul 09, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Oh ok, I was close lol

So we have fufu made from plantain and cassava.

Amala made from yam and cassava

Iyan made from yam.

Got it.

Yeah
Re: Nigerian Cuisines - Photos And Discussions. by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jul 09, 2010
Fhemmmy:

I beg people post more food jare. . . . . . .  Ammo make sure i make some of them, just hope will find the ingredients

AND THE RECIPES.

I'm tired of eating whiteman's food
Re: Nigerian Cuisines - Photos And Discussions. by bawomolo(m): 7:48pm On Jul 09, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

AND THE RECIPES.

isn't your nyansh solely attributed to your love of old country buffet?
Re: Nigerian Cuisines - Photos And Discussions. by Fhemmmy: 7:48pm On Jul 09, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

AND THE RECIPES.

hahahahahaha . . . .  I am sure there is a thread on the food section that gives recipe of different kinda food
Re: Nigerian Cuisines - Photos And Discussions. by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jul 09, 2010
bawomolo:

isn't your nyansh solely attributed to your love of old country buffet?
gets bigger everytime you sneak a peek at it.

Fhemmmy:

hahahahahaha . . . .  I am sure there is a thread on the food section that gives recipe of different kinda food
lol I see. maa wa ri.
Mo fe se efo and egusi lale yii.
Re: Nigerian Cuisines - Photos And Discussions. by tamme: 9:18pm On Jul 09, 2010
Fried fish with stir fried peppers

Re: Nigerian Cuisines - Photos And Discussions. by tamme: 9:19pm On Jul 09, 2010
Coconut Rice with Baked Fish and Fried Plantain 1/8
ingredients
Carrots
Mixed Peppers
Rice
Mixed Veg (baby corn, green peas, carrots, snaps) - i prefer to chop up veg myself.
Onion
Hot pepper (scotch bonnet)
Coconut Milk
Soy Sauce
Maggi/Knorr (2x2)
Salt
Medium Curry Powder

picture 2.
Onions and Garlic Frying

- like 2/3 tablespoons of oil was taken out before frying veg

Re: Nigerian Cuisines - Photos And Discussions. by tamme: 9:25pm On Jul 09, 2010
Seasoned with salt and 1 Maggi/Knorr, chopped veg and prawns lightly fried for a couple of minutes

picture 2
Coconut milk and rice added to mixed veg. Seasoned to taste with curry, maggi/knorr (1), dark soy sauce and salt. No water

(as if making jollof. i.e coconut milk veg mix to rice measurement)

p.s mind the salt. better to add last.

Re: Nigerian Cuisines - Photos And Discussions. by tamme: 9:29pm On Jul 09, 2010
Rice almost ready (cooked on low heat) tablespoons of water added only if necessary to encourage slow cooking

Re: Nigerian Cuisines - Photos And Discussions. by tamme: 9:31pm On Jul 09, 2010
Fish (sea bass and salmon used here) seasoned and garnished.

-ginger powder
-blended garlic
-black pepper
-chopped onions
-mixed peppers
-salt
-chilli powder/ground pepper

wrapped completely in foil (or non stick pan) and baked in oven for 30minutes.

Re: Nigerian Cuisines - Photos And Discussions. by tamme: 9:33pm On Jul 09, 2010
Ready to eat. Served with baked fish and fried plantain. washed down with south african chardonnay!

Re: Nigerian Cuisines - Photos And Discussions. by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jul 09, 2010
Tamme, may God continue to bless you, woman.
Re: Nigerian Cuisines - Photos And Discussions. by tamme: 9:34pm On Jul 09, 2010
Finished meal

Re: Nigerian Cuisines - Photos And Discussions. by tamme: 9:38pm On Jul 09, 2010
Ogede ( boiled plaintain ) and Shrimp stew ( ata dindin with shrimp)

Re: Nigerian Cuisines - Photos And Discussions. by tamme: 9:46pm On Jul 09, 2010
Peppered gizzard and Dodo.

Re: Nigerian Cuisines - Photos And Discussions. by tamme: 9:49pm On Jul 09, 2010
salad

Re: Nigerian Cuisines - Photos And Discussions. by tamme: 9:52pm On Jul 09, 2010
stiring in dodo in stew

Re: Nigerian Cuisines - Photos And Discussions. by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jul 09, 2010
Peppered gizzard and Dodo.

RECIPE PLZ!!!!!! cry cry
Re: Nigerian Cuisines - Photos And Discussions. by tamme: 10:00pm On Jul 09, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

RECIPE PLZ!!!!!! cry cry

Ingredients:
A bag of gizzard
3 plantains (Dice in 1 inch cubes)
Vegetable oil
1 red bell pepper
6 Roma tomatoes
Habenero pepper (rodo) Desired amount….I use 5
One large purple onion
2 Knorr cube
seasoned salt
Curry
Thyme
Bay leaf

1. De-ice the gizzard then season with seasoned salt, knorr cube, bay leaf and drop one habenero pepper. Cook until tender.

2. Blend the tomatoes, onion, bell pepper, habenero and knorr together.

3. Now you could either fry the gizzard or bake them in the oven till they dry (not too dry), I personally prefer frying (love my grease… Amen?)

4. In a separate pan heat the vegetable oil on medium heat, drop a slice of onion for the sizzle test, wait until the onion turns brown then add your blended mixture. Add a bit salt, curry and thyme. And bay leaf. Cook for 40 minutes on medium heat, do not stir to avoid splash, do not cover either or it will take longer to fry.

5. If you are not adding dodo skip to step 8

6. In a separate pan heat the vegetable oil on medium heat, drop a slice of onion for the sizzle test, wait until the onion turns brown then add your dodo, fry until golden brown.

7. Add your fried dodo to the sauce mix

8. Add your gizzards and allow it to marinate for 10 additional minutes.

9. Add your sliced onions and green pepper for 3 minutes only…do not over cook or the peppers turn brown…Remember the green pepper and onions doubles as a garnishment.
Re: Nigerian Cuisines - Photos And Discussions. by bawomolo(m): 10:02pm On Jul 09, 2010
damn this is good food
Re: Nigerian Cuisines - Photos And Discussions. by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jul 09, 2010
Thanks. . . . You saved a life.

bawomolo:

damn this is good food
I know. Want me to cook you some?
Re: Nigerian Cuisines - Photos And Discussions. by tamme: 10:04pm On Jul 09, 2010
Yam and Owo ( Traditional EDO food )

Re: Nigerian Cuisines - Photos And Discussions. by tamme: 10:07pm On Jul 09, 2010
Ingredients: Ewa Agonyin/ Dodo

Re: Nigerian Cuisines - Photos And Discussions. by tamme: 10:15pm On Jul 09, 2010
Fry onions until they are darkest brown/burnt

Re: Nigerian Cuisines - Photos And Discussions. by tamme: 10:18pm On Jul 09, 2010
Dinner is served!!!

Re: Nigerian Cuisines - Photos And Discussions. by tamme: 10:21pm On Jul 09, 2010
Tilapia stew

Re: Nigerian Cuisines - Photos And Discussions. by tamme: 10:22pm On Jul 09, 2010
Fried Rice.

Re: Nigerian Cuisines - Photos And Discussions. by tamme: 10:23pm On Jul 09, 2010
efo riro

Re: Nigerian Cuisines - Photos And Discussions. by tamme: 10:24pm On Jul 09, 2010
baked moi moi,  just as tasty!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Bayelsa Residents Kill Crocodile, Share The Meat (Photos) / How I Prepared This Bush Meat That Ran Into My Compound (With pictures) / Ayam Cemani: The Most Expensive Chicken In The World - All Black (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.